User Reviews for Cefdinir

Also known as: Omnicef, Omnicef Omni-Pac

Learn more about Cefdinir.

Pneumonia 3 reviews 182 medications

Skin and Structure Infection 1 reviews 72 medications

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 1 reviews 162 medications

Summary of Cefdinir reviews 157 reviews 4.4

Reviews for Cefdinir

For Otitis Media: "I was given this after I returned from a trip to Texas. Double ear infection and strep. After 4 days on this med, my tongue feels like it's numb, my throat feels like there is a giant lump in there. My ears are ringing nonstop and there is still fluid in there. My heart races for the first hour after taking this, I'm dizzy and for some odd reason my feet sweat like crazy ( I have never had sweaty feet, ever). I called the Dr's office today and they will get back to me."

RiverT (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bronchitis: "Was on this for 3 days and had very watery diarrhea for all of them. When I informed my doctor, she told me to immediately stop taking it because of the risk of it possibly killing all good bacteria in my gut, which would require other medications to treat. The drug also did very little to ease my other symptoms. I ended up taking z-pak instead and it worked well."

Sara Nicole (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Otitis Media: "I was given this drug for an ear infection, taken 2 times a day for 10 days. After the first day, I had diarrhea and nausea. I stopped taking this on day 4, the symptoms were too much and my ears felt no improvement."

Natalie D. February 27, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Sinusitis: "I guess I'm one of the few having a positive experience. I was given this drug for a sinus infection in my sphenoid sinus. I'm on day 10 of 14. I just had a CT and the severe infection is almost gone. I'm having some stomach cramps that's started today (and may not even be related). I will start taking probiotics after these reviews though!"

Kathrynlf February 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Sinusitis: "I took this medication on Christmas Eve in 2015. Twenty minutes after taking a single pill, I don't remember the dosage, I completely blacked out. My face had gotten extremely red and I had dropped an entire plate of hot food on myself. My mother changed my clothes and I woke up an hour later, not knowing what had happened, and wondering why I was wearing different clothes. One half of my tongue was numb for about a week and a half. It was an absolutely terrifying experience."

Scarred4life February 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Sinusitis: "I took this medicine for ten days. took 300mg twice a day.It was horrible the side effects that I experienced.I had the worse yeast infection and broke out in the worst rash I have ever seen. It would bleed and itched so bad it about drove me crazy.I finally went back to the Dr.Took three month to get it all healed up.They should take this medicine off the market."

Anonymous February 16, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Sinusitis: "Worst drug ever. Took for 21 days. Still sick plus have racing heart, shortness of breath and chest pain. Was told these effects can last for months or subside then return later."

Ballet Lady February 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Otitis Media: "My son was prescribed this medication due to an ear infection. After about 3 days on it his whole body was covered in hives. He had huge welts from head to toe. He was 2 at the time. He was given steroids to help bring down the hives and his feet swelled like balloons. He was on the steroids for 2 days before his feet swelled. I do not recommend this antibiotic for younger kids. Very bad experience. Please stay away at all costs."

Anonymous035 January 31, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Sinusitis: "Thankfully this antibiotic worked for my severe sinusitis sinus infection when nothing else would. No side effects and it started working right away."

Patsyz (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Sinusitis: "I've had roughly 8 sinus infections over the past 20 years and this is the first time I've been prescribed Cefdinir. I've taken it as prescribed, one pill every 12 hours, for the past 24 hours. Unknown if this is working on my sinusitis, as my attention is now 110% focused on the most horrific and violent case of perpetual diarrhea I've ever experienced. Colonoscopy prep doesn't compare to this. The prescribing doctor and I will be having a conversation when the clinic opens later today."

Cure worse than the Cause (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Sinusitis: "My ENT prescribed Cefdinir (for 21 days) along with Azelastine nasal spray and Methylprednisolone (12 days) for a severe sinus infection that was not relieved by taking Amox-Clav. On day 7 I got a fever. The fever was off/on for 4 days. When that subsided the diarrhea hit. It was pale, white and fleshy stools with stomach cramps every couple hours. After 5 days I saw my family doctor who did blood tests. Coming back normal, she decided my symptoms were side effects of the Cefdinir. I had one day of feeling decent and then headache and fever is back. So far missed three days of work and a weekend. Diarrhea has subsided a little. Stools are now really soft/liquidy but normal color. I'm on day 15 of 21."

Tragedy (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Otitis Media: "My 11 year old son got put on this drug for ear infection. He is allergic to Amoxicillin, so they prescribed Cefdinir. He took it one time before and had no issues. This time however on day 8 of 10, he broke out in severe hives all over his body. Had to counteract with Benadryl. Took him to urgent care and they prescribed prednisalone for 5 days. On day 3 now and still have not seen any improvement. I am trying to be hopeful that by day 4 I will see some. Has anyone had a similar experience?"

Islandbeauty1 January 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bronchitis: "Do any of you people whining about diarrhea realize that all antibiotics can cause diarrhea? Would you rather have loose stools or die of pneumonia... seems like a no-brainer to me. It is not the doctor's job~more like the pharmacist and your own since you are your own advocate for your health to adequately research the drugs you put into your body! Yikes!!! Your doctor is attempting to help you get better."

Steele's mom (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I'll give it credit that it did make me feel better - but the cost was a very upset stomach. I've never had issues with antibiotics upsetting my stomach before, but this medicine gave me really bad diarrhea one day after starting it. Still not over the diarrhea after almost a week off the medicine. Obviously everyone reacts different, but I won't be using this medicine again."

nashtowntn January 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Sinusitis: "I have chronic sinusitis and was prescribed cefdinir. I had no known allergies to antibiotics (and have been on MANY over the years) Two days into treatment I woke with my face swollen and covered in hives. My throat began swelling and I was rushed to the ER. After two Epi shots and IV epinephrine, I spent 5 days in intensive care with anaphylaxis and the worst case of hives I have ever experienced. It was, by far, the most agonizing pain I've endured. It took months to go away with steroids, antibiotics and prescription antihistamines. It have permanent scarring on my body as a result of the hives. I'm now allergic to all cephalosporins."

Mallyhack January 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Sinusitis: "My 10 year old was given this for a sinus infection and he threw up within 10 minutes of giving it to him. I will never get this med again!!! Waiting for doc to change his meds never again"

Mom2boyz January 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Sinusitis: "I was given this antibiotic for the first time just around the day before new years Eve 2017 and man I will never take this again. Like most the posts I read say it was fine for about 5 days then on the 6th day I noticed stomach cramping and severe diarrhea. I stopped on day 7 when I started realizing it is the antibiotic. In doing the research I found that this is one of those broad spectrum bacteria killers so it also kills the good bacteria and I think doctors should be more restrictive on prescribing this. Hopefully I will be back to normal in a few days if not I guess back to the ER I go."

Marine chic (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Sinusitis: "First sinus infection at 59 yrs old. My doc is on vacation so "nurse practitioner" prescribes cefdinir, took for 5 days, stopped because side effects,cramping,diarrhea. Was given a script of amoxicillin which knocked out the sinus problem. The cefdinir effects went away a few days after I quit them, but as the warning says came back 8 weeks later with a vengeance. Has been 3 months now, my PCP referred me to Gastro but when I told them I had went to ER and had blood work and test for C-Diff 4 days before she called, I was told they could do a colonoscopy but if I had an inflamed colon there was nothing they could do but make it worse, if not inflamed they could prescribe a couple meds. Neg for c-diff, taken 3 bottles of probiotics, lost?"

ihatecefdiner January 1, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Sinusitis: "Taking this antibiotic was fine for around 6 days, and then I was struck with intense nausea. Eventually it ended in me throwing up and unable to eat for a day. My muscles hurt and I had bad diarrhea. Also, my sinusitis was not helped AT ALL."

MollyZ December 29, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Sinusitis: "Horrible. Given for sinus infection. Day 8 today not feeling better. Got the rash right away but tolerated it because I was so miserable from sinus infection I wanted to get better. Day 5 flu like symptoms, thought maybe I had caught the flu from son? Now don't think that was it, think it was the meds. High fever aches and pains. Have had horrible headaches throughout, assumed it was because of sinusitis now wondering if it was from meds. called doctor on day 6 and she said to keep taking it and call back if not better in another day. Now have developed cough and diarrhea. After reading these reviews wish I had read them sooner.... pretty sure all my new symptoms not related to sinus infection but to this medicine."

MichM December 28, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Otitis Media: "My prescription was prescribed by my GP for an ear infection. After 5 days my mouth became very sore & I called & spoke with the nurse who said keep taking it. Keep taking it?? My mouth is on fire. The tongue, gums, roof. I quit. It is now 20 days later and my condition is the same. My dentist prescribed a mouthwash and it helps but I am trying Biotin mouthwash now as I read online was good for this condition and it does give great relief. I hope this helps someone else as this is not a comfortable feeling."

Tongue of fire? December 27, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Sinusitis: "Gave it to my daugher (4 yrs.), couple of days later, she had hives allover her body, and hands swollen real bad. She had an allergic reaction to this medicine. Wish I read the reviews before."

LA. (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 16, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bronchitis: "I started taking Cefdining for an upper respiratory infection and within 4 days I had the worse vaginal itching. I stopped using this medicine and my symptoms have calmed down.This medicine is horrible!"

Lynn Purifoy (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Otitis Media: "Had sinus infection. Dr. Prescribed cefdinir , got a shot, and prednisone. 3 days of treatment with cefdinir, no better and feeling worse. Lethargic, dizzy. Stopped cefdinir and started getting better. 2 days later I break out in horrific, painful itching hives on my entire body !!! ER visit. Steroid shot and hydroxyzine 2 days and still suffering unbearable pain and itching! Saw my GP today. She 's never ever seen allergic reaction this severe! Just have to wait it out and in meantime SUFFER!!! Do not use this drug!"

Mimiof3 November 22, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Sinusitis: "My six month old had two doses before we had to stop due to GI issues. Over a week later and she still has painful gas and diarrhea. We're tired because she doesn't sleep well. Cefdinir should be illegal."

Ihatecefdinir (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2016