User Reviews for Cefdinir

Skin and Structure Infection
2.7

Summary of Cefdinir reviews 4.5 215 reviews

Reviews for Cefdinir

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "300 mg every 12 hours. Soon after the 3rd dose became dizzy, sweats, extreme nausea, diarrhea, mild convulsions for hours on end. Beware. 48 year old white male"

badnews (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2018

For Otitis Media: "I was given this at a healthcare facility when my doctor's office was not open on the weekend. I also had a sinus infection and my asthma was severe. I was given a steroid shot and an antibiotic shot and a script for Cefdinir was filled by my pharmacy. I felt better on Monday but from Tuesday on, felt much worse. I wanted to give it a chance, but on Friday, called facility and they changed my meds. This medication caused my stools to look like coffee grounds? (internal bleeding) and also diarrhea that just "leaked out". I also was coughing more and my asthma was worse! I know medications work differently for everyone, but if the majority of reviews are bad, that seems to indicate the medication might need to be reviewed again. As for me, I will never use this again!"

budgielover (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Sinusitis: "This was my 3rd trip to the doctor , first I was given 875 mg amoxcillin but 3 days later I was worse. Went to an urgent care clinic and was given a shot of rocephin, a steroid and another antibiotic. Those 3 things cured the sinusitis , and the bronchitis I had , but I was still sick. The dr this time prescribed cefdinir and it took 5 days , but on the 5th day my pneumonia was gone - finally relief! Now, I get to see how long it lasts. 3 days not sick so far (I'm one of those unlucky people that are sick more than they are healthy) and the cause is 9 times out of ten , sinusitis. If it progresses without infection , well...let's put it this way . I have sinusitis 9 to 10 times a year .. bronchitis 7 to 8 times a year and full blown pneumonia at least 3 to 4 times a year. I live with this as normal. Cefdinir really helped me this time."

Robert (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2018

For Strep Throat: "Was prescribed this for severe strep throat, which got a lot better within 2 days. But it made me so nauseous, even with probiotics and food. Strep returned immediately after I finished the antibiotics."

Arden June 5, 2018

For Bronchitis: "Was given an Rx for this for 5 days. By dose 2, I had diarrhea that looked like coffee grounds and severe pinching-like pain in my stomach along with nausea and lack of appetite, sweating. At that point, I called my doctor's office back, who advised me to quit taking the drug and go get a probiotic because it had wreaked havoc on my stomach's enzymes and killed all the good bacteria, and to stay on a bland diet for several days. Another case of the treatment being worse than the original bronchitis. Will NEVER take again."

beckym (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I’ve had a sinus infection for 2 weeks now. I’m going on day 4 of this Cefdinir and I don’t feel any better. Everything has gotten almost 100% worse. The dirrhea is terrible. The sinus pressure is so bad I can’t sleep. I'm up every couple hours. Normally I’m given doxycycline and that kicks the sinus infections in the butt. I had to call in sick today because of this. Wouldn't recommend this medicine at all"

Mariah (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2018

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I regret allowing this to be prescribed for my 17 year old son. He normally takes Zithromax for respiratory infections, but he was seeing a new/different provider. She wanted to give him this. After a total of 4 doses, he was NO better, not even slightly. I understand drugs need time to work, but I almost think he worsened a bit on this. And then, after the 4th dose, he developed diarrhea. This is hard for a busy high school student. I had been carefully giving him probiotics also but that did not help. The dr's office is switching him back to Zithromax."

Oedgar (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2018

For Bronchitis: "Haven't started the medication yet. I'd like to see what this medication does"

Vonvon April 28, 2018

For Sinusitis: "This medication was prescribed for my 8 year old son and myself both having sinusitis. To make a long story short, this particular antibiotic worked/works well for my son w/o any side affects. I wish I could say the same for myself, on about the 3th to 4th day I started having diarrhea, slowly to very moderately, meaning I hit the bathroom 3 to 4 times every hour, sometimes more. I should also add that I didn't notice any difference in my sinusitis, so the medicine just gave me really bad diarrhea, so not worth it to me. This antibiotic is a great medication for kids from my stand point not so much for adults, unless you don't mind living in the bathroom."

Steph52 (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Strep Throat: "I got this yesterday, took first dose at 6:30pm the throat pain subsided, fever broke but at 9pm sore throat came back with a vengence. It is 10:30am the next day, I took my second dose at 6am. No relief of throat pain, it hurt all night long n fever is back also! This antibiotic is worthless. I'm on 300mg one pill every 12 hours. How long should I wait to see if it's going to work? I'm thinking of going to er. I don't think I can take this pain all weekend long."

Sunny (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

For Bronchitis: "8 Days on this and here came C-Diff infection, absolutely awful! Way to broad spectrum, it killed my colon."

Jim (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2018

For Pneumonia: "I’ve been on this ten days, I can’t feel any change. I have the flu and pneumonia and I’m 72"

Shirley (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2018

For Bronchitis: "First time I took the drug was in 2017. It helped the bronchitis but caused my first episode of c-diff in 16 years. Will never use this drug again."

Caused c-diff after one week. (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2018

For Pneumonia: "In the ER I sas given cefdinir for pneumonia 300 mg 2x daily. It seemed to help my pneumonia after 2 days but I stopped taking it due to the severe cramps, nausea, diarrhea, and constipation. I haven't taken this medicine in 4 days and still have major symptoms. I looked online and it says side effects can last up to 3 weeks. Needless to say I won't be taking this medicine ever again"

Sarah (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2018

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "Our 12 year old was given this for his tonsillitis and he has seen no reprieve whatsoever. He has actually gotten worse. He was checked for strep and two strains of the flu so I'm assuming the doctor gave him the right medicine however he was not checked for the third strain of flu that is going around.Feeling sad to see my boy feeling worse. Probably need to go back to the Doc."

Mamashell March 2, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I was given 300mg of Cefdinir 2x a day for 10 days. It took awhile to actually start working, and everything was going fine until day 9 of antibiotics. I started itching, but didn’t think much of it as I have dry skin. However, I have completed all of my medicine and my itching has gotten worse. I would not recommend this medicine. I have NEVER had a reaction to medication before."

Kay February 26, 2018

For Bronchitis: "I'm a bit confused as to why the Dr would give this to me when I have a severe allergy to penicillin. Last time I took penicillin I woke up in my neighbors driveway, waken by emergency medical technicians (EMTs) and my mother. I took this medicine trusting my Dr and pharmacist and am suffering on the first dose. Headache, dizziness, body aches, stiff neck, insomnia, back killing me, legs and feet swollen. On my way to the ER to raise hell and find out why they AND the pharmacist did not tell me this was a crossed hyper-sensitivity medicine to penicillin! Would have been nice to have a heads up. Bronchitis, sinusitis and both ears infected and now all of this from what was supposed to help cure me. This medicine in my opionion is a danger to all people who are allergic to penicillin. You would think a Dr or pharmacist would at least give you a heads up. Ugh."

BettieS February 21, 2018

For Sinusitis: "Terrible stomach pain and intense vomiting. Tried this drug twice and it happened twice. Same when my daughter used it. Bad drug. Don't know how they can sell this."

Sars February 18, 2018

For Sinusitis: "1.5hours after first dose.. SEVERE stomach pain , projectile vomiting and water diarrhea for 6 hours, severe chills and sweating, panic, hyperventilating. I am 48 and not new to vomiting etc! This was unlike any other episode. Hospitalized for 3 days! Dr brushed it off as flu! Tried a dose last night for new sinus infection and Severe cramping and vomiting started within 3 hours of 1 dose! I will refuse this medication in the future!"

cjmc06 February 14, 2018

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Pneumonia: "My sister’s pediatrician gave her this antibiotic to treat her FLU ... my sister is 15 years old but had has a Rare syndrome and she is still like a baby! She got very bad stomach pain, black stool and the worst part ! We almost lost her by a seizure! She haven't had a seizure in 10 years! Horrible experience ! Never recommending this!"

Francheskamc (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2018

For Sinusitis: "Developed Sinusitis after a really bad cold. I had not rested enough and continued flying for my work. Finally got to the Dr and he prescribed Cefdinir for 10 days. After 7 days I actually felt worse, no improvement at all. I went back to the Dr and asked him to prescribe Augmentin. 2 days into that and already feeling relief"

kel123456 February 10, 2018

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "Had white chunks. Now I don't have anymore white chunks in the back of my throat"

JessicacresswellGmail.com (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2018

For Sinusitis: "My doctor gave me this for my sinus infection the two days ok 3 day got a blister on my lip thought it was cold sore coming on ! I finished my medicine on Sunday and I have experience constipation and then diarrhea Haven’t stopped and very bad cramp didn’t know that this medicine causes side effects I would never never never have taken it "

Breaks February 7, 2018

For Sinusitis: "It was prescribed for a POSSIBLE sinus infection. Knowing what I know now, I don't know why such a strong med was prescribed. I have taken things like Amoxicillin in the past with no bad side effects. In addition to seeing no change in my symptoms, by the night of day 6 of 10 that I was supposed to take the drug, I was miserable. Shaking chills, dizziness, watery diarrhea, nausea with some vomiting. I actually wished that I could have vomited more because I felt so terribly nauseated. Now, on the morning after, still feeling nausea and dealing with diarrhea. Also headache. I hope and pray that the drug totally and it's effects totally leave my body soon. I will NEVER take cefdinir again. By the way, I did take the drug as prescribed and took probiotics ."

Anonymous February 6, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I developed a sinus infection and two ear infections. I was dizzy, exhausted, sinuses were on fire and my head hurt SO bad! At about two weeks I went to the doctor and took a round of Amoxicillin. It didn’t touch it. I was so miserable I went back right at the end of my prescription. Started Doxycycline. I’m a nurse and thought this would for sure do the trick. Nothing! About day five my ears let up a bit, but still really suffering. Now I’m freaking out, have been taking sudafed and ibuprofen around the clock for 3 weeks to keep the headaches at bay. I went back to the doctor at the end of day 10 and he started me on Cefdinir. I took diflucan too to ward of a yeast infection. On my third dose of Cefdinir I was feeling major improvements! I’m on day four and feel about 85-90% better. Some stomach pain-drinking lots of water, walking, take the med with food. The yeast Infection is no fun but I’m super grate ful right now for this med!"

JKMM January 31, 2018