User Reviews for Cefdinir

Cefdinir has an average rating of 4.2 out of 10 from a total of 323 ratings on Drugs.com. 27% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 57% reported a negative effect.

Sinusitis
2.4
Summary of Cefdinir reviews 4.2 323 reviews

Reviews for Cefdinir

Ben · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2019

For Sinusitis: “Let me just say first, I was really scarred after reading all these reviews, and was very reluctant to take it. But I really wanted to knock the sore throat and sinus problem I had had for 3 weeks at that point. I had taken amoxicillin and felt better for a week, but it came right back, so I was put on Cefdinir. I took it it 2x a day for 10 days. I took it with a daily probiotic and Greek yogurt, and even Garlic Pills, and pepto bismuth when necessary. The only issue I had is one day I decided to eat buffalo wings about 3 days in during a football game... regretted that the next day. Other than that, I have zero complaints and my infections were finally knocked out. If you are reading the reviews and are reluctant, check with you doctor that you aren’t allergic to any medicines like this, and if you aren’t, go for it.”

Ry September 14, 2019

For Sinusitis: “I’ve taken this medicine before but I guess I was very sick That I never noticed the side effects or maybe didn’t get them till now. I was on 300mg cefdinir 2x for 7 days. By day 6 I finally realized I was having adverse reactions and not just sick. From a severe headache that nothing is helping that includes pins and needles, with an extremely ITCHY SCALP which are all still present 24hrs after stopping! it’s driving me mad! Made my anxiety go thru the roof, pressure in my ears with tinnitus, intestinal distress, lack of appetite, thirst, feeling irregular heart beating, feelings of overall malaise & doom. Seriously contemplated going to ER thinking I was having a major health crisis till I looked at my date book & everything started on day 2 of antibiotics. I doubt it helped at all being I tried hiding in bed most of the time. Hope this helps someone. Always journal when you're sick;)”

Kim · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 8, 2020

For Bronchitis: “Hi. I have a 15 yr old daughter with congenital heart disease. In March, right before everything was closed down due to the pandemic, she got really sick. Her INR was off, was actually the first clue we had any idea something was wrong. Admitted to hospital to get that under control. They found lung effusions , abdominal abscesses and she was having SVT. Ended up in ICU on pressors, major heart drugs and had effusions tapped. Here's where Cefdnir comes in. They put her on Cefdnir in the hospital and sent her home on that. (She also needed oxygen in hospital). She was on Cefdnir from March until around May 10th. Her lungs and abscesses cleared up and she never got cdiff. 300 mg twice a day. I'm thankful this drug worked and didn't contradict any of her heart meds she's on. She did have occasional nausea and occasional diarrhea, but not cdiff. This was a very long term use with good outcome and I just wanted to share.”

aubriebridges March 29, 2020

Omnicef (cefdinir): “This drug cefdinir makes me feel like I am dying. I was prescribed Omnicef for a severe UTI which traveled to my kidneys. Day two I am vomiting profusely, I cannot stop having diarrhea and I genuinely feel like I am hallucinating and I am dying. I want to stop taking this med but I cannot deal with the pain of UTIs. I’m lost. Please say no to this med... stay away at all costs.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 10, 2018

For Sinusitis: “I had severe sinusitis/throat infection and within 24 hour of taking cefdinir, I felt 1000x better, literally. I could finally drink water without being in pain because I could barely swallow beforehand. Yes, the side effects definitely suck especially since I have the worst yeast infection due to the antibiotics but I recommend cefdinir. Don’t let others experience with it scare you from taking it. Everyone’s different.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2021

For Sinusitis: “I took cednifir for 7 days. My first symptoms were hives that started on the 6th day. Since I'm allergic to ampicillin I decided to stop taking cednifir because of the hives. Once I stopped taking it. I had two migraines. I've been having anxiety everyday since I stopped cednifir. Even today, a slight cough and also weird back and chest pain when I breathe. Have anyone else experienced any of these symptoms?”

Mbkb1 · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2019

For Sinusitis: “Every winter, I end up with sinusitis/infection that triggers intractable migraine. It’s beyond miserable! This is the first year I have been prescribed cefdinir. I was very nervous to try it after reading reviews, but I am happy to report so far, I have no issues aside from a noisier stomach. To be fair, I am also taking Prednisone. I feel SO much better on just day 3! I will update if I end up with bad side effects, but so far, so good.”

avnix · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2020

For Bronchitis: “On cefdinir 300mg twice daily. I had a sinus infection that I left untreated for a few months, which turned into acute bronchitis. I was on this pill before and worked great the first time. Only on day 3 but not too many side effects, just insomnia and mild stomach cramps are common. But geez... the reviews on this drug are scary as anything lol. I think it’s a good alternative to amoxicillin (i’m allergic). Don’t let the reviews scare you!”

Maya October 17, 2019

For Sinusitis: “I’m a healthy 22 year old female with no health problems. The pharmacist gave me an antibiotic called Encef to treat a flu, it contains cefdinir. 30 minutes after taking it I started to feel anxious and discomfort. I started getting shortness of breath and suddenly my heart just pumped one really strong pump and continued with extreme fast heartbeats. I fell to the ground and couldn’t get up anymore, I couldn’t breathe well and it felt like I was having a heart attack. After being taken to a hospital 2 hours passed and the nurse told me that my heartbeat is back to normal and that I can take the antibiotic again, and that it wasn’t the cause of my incident. The next morning I woke up fine, and when I took the second pill of the antibiotic I experienced the same thing again after 30 minutes exactly, the sudden pump of my heart and fast heartbeats with shortness of breaths and severe anxiety. It felt like I was literally dying for about 30 mins. I never took this medicine again.”

Robert November 17, 2019

For Sinusitis: “I was prescribed this medication to fight sinusitis back in August 2018, but all it did is kill pretty kill my intestinal system. I have the worse diarrhea I have ever had in my entire 50 plus years. For the past 15 months it has been a living an awful life. I have had to take anti diarrhea medication almost daily. Some days it is so bad I can't leave my house for fear of an accident. There are times I don't make it to the bathroom. I have been seeing a Gastrointestinal Specialist multiple times trying to get this resolved. They are still trying to figure out how to stop the episodes. I have taken antibiotics in the past with no side-effects, but this is the worst. The negative side-effects from Cefdinir will make a big impact on your quality of life. It has effected my personal and professional life as well as my finances. I can only hope that more people read the warnings of any drugs so you can avoid potential issues that pharmacist or doctors don't tell you about.”

Anonymous November 23, 2019

For Otitis Media: “I'm stunned reading the bad reviews. I've taken this drug on 2 different occasions for sinus infection. No side effects and infection cleared up. Anytime I take an antibiotic I always take probiotic supplements. On the norm I eat greek yogurt (not low fat) everyday for breakfast. So sorry for all those that had such bad experiences and adverse reactions.”

Anonymous December 12, 2011

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Strep Throat: “Omnicef worked but it took until the 5th day on it to finally feel a tiny bit better. I had some side effects and my throat hurt so bad I couldn't sleep for three nights. I saw no visual difference until the 9th day. It almost looked as if on my third day it had gotten worse.”

t.i.g November 2, 2013

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Sinusitis: “Fantastic at clearing the sinus infection. I'm on day 4 and it's almost completely gone. The first two days were miraculous. But then. Starting day 3 ... My stomach and intestines are rumbling almost constantly and I'm "pooping" brown water 5+ times a day. I'm also utterly exhausted and weak, making it virtually impossible to actually do anything. If this gets much worse, I'm going to have to stop using this before the 10-day course runs out.”

Steele's mom · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2017

For Bronchitis: “Do any of you people whining about diarrhea realize that all antibiotics can cause diarrhea? Would you rather have loose stools or die of pneumonia... seems like a no-brainer to me. It is not the doctor's job~more like the pharmacist and your own since you are your own advocate for your health to adequately research the drugs you put into your body! Yikes!!! Your doctor is attempting to help you get better.”

Thereviewsdontlie · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2020

For Otitis Media: “This is by far the worse medication I have ever been on. I’m allergic to amoxicillin so cefdinir was prescribed to cure my ear infection. I can’t begin to explain the horror with this medication. I had awful chest, back, and arm pains, I had this pain when I would breathe in the back of my throat that was almost similar to how it feels with my asthma attacks, I had ringing in my ears, awful anxiety(which really sucks because I was finally doing better with my panic attacks), fatigue, and stomach burning. I stopped the medication after 4 days, this drug is definitely a nightmare! I’d prefer the ear infection.”

Lonely June 12, 2019

For Sinusitis: “Went 10 days ago to the doctors for runny nose and a real bad cough both being productive put me on cefdinir 300mg. On last day of taking medication and I am still no better coughing to the point that my voice is raspy I almost pass out my chest burns and hurts from coughing so much still have a drainage still have bloody discharge in my nose on the good side no side effects is just not working for me”

Eva · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2020

For Sinusitis: “Second time I’m on this cefdinir at a dose of 300mg for ten days, twice daily. Worst medicine with horrendous side effects: Light headed, acid reflux, inability to sleep, nausea, with severe reactions. Almost lost consciousness several times, inability to control urine and of course severe diarrhea. Horrible stuff.”

Ellyn D February 11, 2020

For Sinusitis: “I took this medication cefdinir 300mg dose 2x a day for a sinus infection for 10 days. I have a VERY VERY sensitive stomach--I didn't have ANY stomach upset. (maybe just some gas) Don't let the reviews scare you if you haven't started them yet. I tend to be the 1 in 100 people that have reactions and I was fine. By day 10 I did end up with a yeast infection---woohoo for being female. After day 2/3 my face felt better. Make sure you take them with a meal and you'll be fine. Tip: take a probiotic 2 hours after your antibiotic Although it didn't touch my ear infection, I'm now on a round of amox.”

helerown February 7, 2019

For Pneumonia: “I was prescribed this medication for bacterial pneumonia in my left lung, 2x per day for 10 days. I have to say the reviews of this antibiotic are quite scary. I am extremely sensitive to medications of any kind and I have had very minimal side effects with this medication. I am currently on day 7 of my prescription, and aside from a little stomach upset here and and there, I have really had no other issues. My facial skin has been drier, more irritated and a bit more blotchy than usual, which I guess I attribute to this prescription because nothing else in my day to day life has changed. It took about 3-4 days to notice the medication helping to any degree. Pneumonia does take time to heal, so I didn't expect a miracle from this drug. It had helped clear the infection with very minimal side effects. Don't let the dramatic reviews scare you as I did.”

Robert · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2018

For Sinusitis: “This was my 3rd trip to the doctor , first I was given 875 mg amoxcillin but 3 days later I was worse. Went to an urgent care clinic and was given a shot of rocephin, a steroid and another antibiotic. Those 3 things cured the sinusitis , and the bronchitis I had , but I was still sick. The dr this time prescribed cefdinir and it took 5 days , but on the 5th day my pneumonia was gone - finally relief! Now, I get to see how long it lasts. 3 days not sick so far (I'm one of those unlucky people that are sick more than they are healthy) and the cause is 9 times out of ten , sinusitis. If it progresses without infection , well...let's put it this way . I have sinusitis 9 to 10 times a year .. bronchitis 7 to 8 times a year and full blown pneumonia at least 3 to 4 times a year. I live with this as normal. Cefdinir really helped me this time.”

WhitDean January 31, 2020

For Sinusitis: “I was prescribed this cefdinir for sinus infection. Supposed to take one 300mg pill twice a day for 7 days. I took the first pill around 7 this morning and by 11 I had horrible cramps and nausea and diarrhea. It’s now 1:30 and I cannot leave the toilet. I will not be taking another pill if I survive this day. If you’re looking for a good colon cleanse, try these. Otherwise AVOID AT ALL COSTS.”

Chelle913 February 5, 2014

For Sinusitis: “I am on Day 6 of this antibiotic. I am not a huge fan of antibiotics but my vertigo and head pressure from the sinus infection was enough to get me on them. For the first 2 days I had no vertigo and head pressure, but now I experience some of it on and off the day. So I use a Neti Pot to clear out sinuses. Two days ago I had Post Nasal Drip where I ended up throwing up mucus in the middle of the night. With my experience, I have noticed a loss of appetite and have lost about 5-6 pounds. If I do not take the capsule with food I will end up with heartburn. I am looking forward to being over with this (4 more days to go) I take a probiotic in between the doses for my digestion.”

EmmiB-G August 5, 2010

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Sinusitis: “I have taken many, many times for my chronic sinus infections and it seems to be the only thing that ever gets rid of the infection. I do get stomach aches from it, and nausea but it does what it's supposed to.”

Fayda · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2020

For Sinusitis: “I've been taking for 6 days for acute bronchitis. I was taking with Tamiflu but finished that prescription. I have very uncomfortable heartburn and my throat feels a bit weird and itchy but i don't have cold symptoms. My blood pressure has also increased and my heart is racing. I've been searching to find if Cednifir increases blood pressure but haven't been able to find anything. I feel like if you have high blood pressure this may not be for you. Also the heartburn is very uncomfortable. Like on a scale of 1-10 my heartburn is at a 6.”

m529 · Taken for less than 1 month August 9, 2019

For Sinusitis: “started taking this cefdinir medication after having a cold that turned into a sinus infection. Took both doses day 1 but then read the reviews and decided to stop; however, the sinus infection was so frustrating I decided to continue and started up the next day. Was fine for 1.5 days but that night I got terrible aching in my legs and bad dry mouth along with insomnia and anxiety. Although I saw an improvement in the infection within the time I was taking it, I’ve taken other antibiotics that work just as well without the side effects and will not be taking this again. I just hope it leaves my system and causes no other issues:/”