User Reviews for Cefdinir

Also known as: Omnicef, Omnicef Omni-Pac

Learn more about Cefdinir.

Pneumonia 3 reviews 182 medications

Skin and Structure Infection 1 reviews 72 medications

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 1 reviews 162 medications

Summary of Cefdinir reviews 166 reviews 4.4

Reviews for Cefdinir

For Sinusitis: "Within 24 hours of taking I had a decrease in symptoms and started feeling better."

Mama2bear May 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "was prescribed cefdinir 300mg twice daily for 10 days for a sinus infection. I was having sinus headaches and mild fever prior, so at first I did not realize that the headache was from cefdinir now, and not from sinus issues. After first 5 days, severe diarrhea developed, and headaches and nausea continued. But it did seemingly clear whatever was happening in the sinuses. I am on day 6. if headaches and stomach issues don't stop, will have to stop at day 7 and see if need another antibiotic or done. It's a very rough drug, and reading all the long term possible effects is a bit scary."

sinusitis sufferer (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Cleared up sinus and ear infection quickly with no side effects."

Bob Toppings April 11, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Took this medication twice a day for 10 days for infection of sinuses and adenoids. First three days my stomach hurt and headaches. Remainder of the days no side effects until the day I stopped taking it developed diarrhea and severe stomach cramping that didn't go away. 5 days after stopping the med now positive for C DIFF. I even took probiotics through the entire course of the med. Getting married in a week. Thanks a lot Cefdinir. I wanted everyone to be aware of this!!!!"

Annonymous6789 April 6, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "I was given this drug for bronchitis. I've had the worst diarrhea, dizziness and nausea. I need to be near a toilet at all times for fear of destroying my pants. (sorry for the TMI). I'm starting to get better so, rather than feel like I have an intestinal virus I'm just stopping the drug and riding out the rest of the bronchitis. That should tell you how awful I feel while taking this."

Heather110 April 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Omnicef Omni-Pac (cefdinir) for Sinusitis: "I was just fine on Cefdinir for first six days (actually, remarked how this was one antibiotic that didn't wipe me out). I did take probiotics with it, along with the prednisone tables (bronchitis and sinus infection). Then on the seventh day, when I took the last two, the cramping started. OMG. I am so sick! It has been two days since I finished the dosage, and I have constant stomach ache and have trouble breathing. Gax X doesn't help the cramps much. I wish I read these reviews before I took this stuff. So, this is going to last and last and then, if it goes away, it comes back another day? That looks to be what I'm reading."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Unlike most of the reviews on here I did fine on the medication. I was on doxycycline for a week and then amox-clav (amoxicillin with clav acid) for a few days and none of it helped. Cefdinir hasn't worked as fast as I'd hoped but it does seem to be working. I'm on day 6 and haven't had any side effects. I can't sleep that well the last few nights but not sure if that is from the meds or not. No nausea or diarrhea. I have been taking it at 11 am and 11 pm everyday and making sure I don't eat dairy 2 hours before or after taking the pill. I also drink a lot of water and eat yogurt to get probiotics back."

Jesskay06 March 31, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "Was prescribed Cefdinir 300mg 2x daily for 10 days. I even took 30 billion culture probiotics daily to PREVENT this side effect. Made it to day 5 and began experiencing horrible abdominal pain. A few hours later, diarrhea started. I even vomited 6 times on top of it. I obviously stopped taking it and day 2, the abdominal pain is about half of what it was. Still have very uncomfortable diarrhea every 1-2 hours... Sleeping 18 hours a day and very weak. Stay away from this antibiotic. I agree it should be prescribed VERY carefully or just taken off the market completely. The loss of work this is causing has been horrible and if terminated because of this, I plan on taking action any extent I can."

RoflPantofl March 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Otitis Media: "I was prescribed this 10-day medication for an ear infection after Amoxicillin did not work the first time. I was also prescribed Prednisone, six-day treatment. I took note of eating yogurt after taking the prescribed two-dose everyday, to ward of any yeast infections. The side effects of this medicine kicked in the first day, nausea. Second day I was okay. Third day started getting headaches, confusion, and a few stomach cramps. Fourth day full on migraine, no stomach cramps....5th day, 6th day, 7th day, migraines were getting worse. I did not finish the rest of the medication after the 7th day. Appetite had changed, was eating more. But the migraines were godawful. It did help my Otitis Media."

prd2b (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Otitis Media: "I was given this after I returned from a trip to Texas. Double ear infection and strep. After 4 days on this med, my tongue feels like it's numb, my throat feels like there is a giant lump in there. My ears are ringing nonstop and there is still fluid in there. My heart races for the first hour after taking this, I'm dizzy and for some odd reason my feet sweat like crazy ( I have never had sweaty feet, ever). I called the Dr's office today and they will get back to me."

RiverT (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "Was on this for 3 days and had very watery diarrhea for all of them. When I informed my doctor, she told me to immediately stop taking it because of the risk of it possibly killing all good bacteria in my gut, which would require other medications to treat. The drug also did very little to ease my other symptoms. I ended up taking z-pak instead and it worked well."

Sara Nicole (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Otitis Media: "I was given this drug for an ear infection, taken 2 times a day for 10 days. After the first day, I had diarrhea and nausea. I stopped taking this on day 4, the symptoms were too much and my ears felt no improvement."

Natalie D. February 27, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "I guess I'm one of the few having a positive experience. I was given this drug for a sinus infection in my sphenoid sinus. I'm on day 10 of 14. I just had a CT and the severe infection is almost gone. I'm having some stomach cramps that's started today (and may not even be related). I will start taking probiotics after these reviews though!"

Kathrynlf February 22, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "I took this medication on Christmas Eve in 2015. Twenty minutes after taking a single pill, I don't remember the dosage, I completely blacked out. My face had gotten extremely red and I had dropped an entire plate of hot food on myself. My mother changed my clothes and I woke up an hour later, not knowing what had happened, and wondering why I was wearing different clothes. One half of my tongue was numb for about a week and a half. It was an absolutely terrifying experience."

Scarred4life February 20, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Sinusitis: "I took this medicine for ten days. took 300mg twice a day.It was horrible the side effects that I experienced.I had the worse yeast infection and broke out in the worst rash I have ever seen. It would bleed and itched so bad it about drove me crazy.I finally went back to the Dr.Took three month to get it all healed up.They should take this medicine off the market."

Anonymous February 16, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Worst drug ever. Took for 21 days. Still sick plus have racing heart, shortness of breath and chest pain. Was told these effects can last for months or subside then return later."

Ballet Lady February 13, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Otitis Media: "My son was prescribed this medication due to an ear infection. After about 3 days on it his whole body was covered in hives. He had huge welts from head to toe. He was 2 at the time. He was given steroids to help bring down the hives and his feet swelled like balloons. He was on the steroids for 2 days before his feet swelled. I do not recommend this antibiotic for younger kids. Very bad experience. Please stay away at all costs."

Anonymous035 January 31, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Thankfully this antibiotic worked for my severe sinusitis sinus infection when nothing else would. No side effects and it started working right away."

Patsyz (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "I've had roughly 8 sinus infections over the past 20 years and this is the first time I've been prescribed Cefdinir. I've taken it as prescribed, one pill every 12 hours, for the past 24 hours. Unknown if this is working on my sinusitis, as my attention is now 110% focused on the most horrific and violent case of perpetual diarrhea I've ever experienced. Colonoscopy prep doesn't compare to this. The prescribing doctor and I will be having a conversation when the clinic opens later today."

Cure worse than the Cause (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "My ENT prescribed Cefdinir (for 21 days) along with Azelastine nasal spray and Methylprednisolone (12 days) for a severe sinus infection that was not relieved by taking Amox-Clav. On day 7 I got a fever. The fever was off/on for 4 days. When that subsided the diarrhea hit. It was pale, white and fleshy stools with stomach cramps every couple hours. After 5 days I saw my family doctor who did blood tests. Coming back normal, she decided my symptoms were side effects of the Cefdinir. I had one day of feeling decent and then headache and fever is back. So far missed three days of work and a weekend. Diarrhea has subsided a little. Stools are now really soft/liquidy but normal color. I'm on day 15 of 21."

Tragedy (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Otitis Media: "My 11 year old son got put on this drug for ear infection. He is allergic to Amoxicillin, so they prescribed Cefdinir. He took it one time before and had no issues. This time however on day 8 of 10, he broke out in severe hives all over his body. Had to counteract with Benadryl. Took him to urgent care and they prescribed prednisalone for 5 days. On day 3 now and still have not seen any improvement. I am trying to be hopeful that by day 4 I will see some. Has anyone had a similar experience?"

Islandbeauty1 January 17, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis: "Do any of you people whining about diarrhea realize that all antibiotics can cause diarrhea? Would you rather have loose stools or die of pneumonia... seems like a no-brainer to me. It is not the doctor's job~more like the pharmacist and your own since you are your own advocate for your health to adequately research the drugs you put into your body! Yikes!!! Your doctor is attempting to help you get better."

Steele's mom (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I'll give it credit that it did make me feel better - but the cost was a very upset stomach. I've never had issues with antibiotics upsetting my stomach before, but this medicine gave me really bad diarrhea one day after starting it. Still not over the diarrhea after almost a week off the medicine. Obviously everyone reacts different, but I won't be using this medicine again."

nashtowntn January 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "I have chronic sinusitis and was prescribed cefdinir. I had no known allergies to antibiotics (and have been on MANY over the years) Two days into treatment I woke with my face swollen and covered in hives. My throat began swelling and I was rushed to the ER. After two Epi shots and IV epinephrine, I spent 5 days in intensive care with anaphylaxis and the worst case of hives I have ever experienced. It was, by far, the most agonizing pain I've endured. It took months to go away with steroids, antibiotics and prescription antihistamines. It have permanent scarring on my body as a result of the hives. I'm now allergic to all cephalosporins."

Mallyhack January 9, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "My 10 year old was given this for a sinus infection and he threw up within 10 minutes of giving it to him. I will never get this med again!!! Waiting for doc to change his meds never again"

Mom2boyz January 7, 2017