User Reviews for Cefdinir

Skin and Structure Infection 3.0
Summary of Cefdinir reviews 4.2 291 reviews

Reviews for Cefdinir

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2020

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “This medication made me so anxious if I had known it would do this to me I would never have begun the round. I took all the med and am still dealing with severe anxiety. Yuck!!! Beware.”

Joyce · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2020

For Strep Throat: “I was on this medication for sinus infection. After the first day really bad back ,hip and leg pain.I will never take this again.”

StephanieWorhl · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2020

For Strep Throat: “Doctor prescribed cefdinir for stubborn strep that didn't respond to two other antibiotics. This one cleared it up! Thankful for that. However, I developed horrible ear pain. Unsure if it was a side effect of this medication or something else entirely. The ear pain cleared up after a couple of weeks off meds.”

aubriebridges March 29, 2020

Omnicef (cefdinir): “This drug cefdinir makes me feel like I am dying. I was prescribed Omnicef for a severe UTI which traveled to my kidneys. Day two I am vomiting profusely, I cannot stop having diarrhea and I genuinely feel like I am hallucinating and I am dying. I want to stop taking this med but I cannot deal with the pain of UTIs. I’m lost. Please say no to this med... stay away at all costs.”

JMac March 19, 2020

For Strep Throat: “Was prescribed this cefdinir for strep throat. The side effects are terrible. Worse than strep itself. Extreme fatigue, weakness, fogginess and stomach issues. Will not take this again.”

SicklyFellow · Taken for less than 1 month March 11, 2020

For Sinusitis: “Horrible! Vomiting and Stomach cramps after 15 min!!”

AshtynRaye · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2020

For Strep Throat: “I have an episode of strep throat with severe pain on one side. Am allergic to penicillin, so doctor initially prescribed Azithromycin, which didn't knock out the strep infection. Was then prescribed Cefdinir. I was hopeful at first, after 3 days I felt slightly improved. Then after 5 days, I began experiencing unbearable headaches on the right side of my neck and severe neck pain. Unsure if this was a medication reaction or just the strep throat coming back. After 6 days doctor switched me to clindamycin. Fingers crossed this next antibiotic brings me some relief. Didn't clear infection.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2020

For Sinusitis: “Prescribed 300mg cefdinir twice a day... works great but may cause severe chills and drowsiness around day two”

Dee · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2020

For Pneumonia: “Nothing. 12 days in and 7 on this medication and getting worse. Other symptoms reduced such as the headache, so I think it helped with that and sinitus that was related, but would never recommend for pneumonia. Switching to Amoxicillin as the next step.”

Sis · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

“I was prescribed CEFDINIR 300mg for a UTI I have taken it 3 out of the 7 day prescribed. I have severe diarrhea . I have called Dr...waiting on callback. I take meds for IBS & diverticulitis. It has been so bad overnight that I even took Imodium which hasn't helped. Nauseated since yesterday, fatigue also”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2020

For Sinusitis: “On cefdinir from day 1 to day ten. Severe weakness and tiredness. Seemed to clear up my sinus infection but then gave me a cold with stuffy nose and sore throat, and a bad yeast infection. Worst antibiotic I have ever taken, wish my doctor had told me about the side effects. Much worse than enduring a sinus infection.”

bob s. · Taken for less than 1 month February 19, 2020

For Pneumonia: “Improvement noted after 2nd day. Side effects were minimal for me.”

Eva · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2020

For Sinusitis: “Second time I’m on this cefdinir at a dose of 300mg for ten days, twice daily. Worst medicine with horrendous side effects: Light headed, acid reflux, inability to sleep, nausea, with severe reactions. Almost lost consciousness several times, inability to control urine and of course severe diarrhea. Horrible stuff.”

Lynn · Taken for less than 1 month February 12, 2020

For Otitis Media: “Our 3 year old suffers from dog allergies and when he was exposed he had a flare up which caused a sinus infection which led to an ear infection; he was prescribed Cefdinir but it didn’t work at all. After we finished the prescription I had to take him back to the pediatrician and be given Augmentin AKA Amoxicillin/Clavulanate. Worked like a charm and our little guy is back to his fun-loving self.”

Ellyn D February 11, 2020

For Sinusitis: “I took this medication cefdinir 300mg dose 2x a day for a sinus infection for 10 days. I have a VERY VERY sensitive stomach--I didn't have ANY stomach upset. (maybe just some gas) Don't let the reviews scare you if you haven't started them yet. I tend to be the 1 in 100 people that have reactions and I was fine. By day 10 I did end up with a yeast infection---woohoo for being female. After day 2/3 my face felt better. Make sure you take them with a meal and you'll be fine. Tip: take a probiotic 2 hours after your antibiotic Although it didn't touch my ear infection, I'm now on a round of amox.”

Coffenite · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2020

For Strep Throat: “I’ve had strep throat for a little less than a week. Two days ago, doc prescribed Cefdinir. The good is that my throat itself feels better. The bad? Nothing else does. The foggy “stoned” feeling that always accompanies the majority of my infections is still going super strong. I’m still rocking a 103* fever, my energy level hasn’t picked up one iota, and I can’t eat anything because I’m nauseous, and I’m partially nauseous because I can’t eat anything. I’m cycling between chills and sweats in a way I can’t keep track of. To me, cefdinir is minor league. Never will I go back to it for strep.”

Chronic ear infection February 7, 2020

For Sinusitis: “I just finished day 7 of Cefdinir which was prescribed for an ear and sinus infection, my 6th infection since 6/2018. I don’t know that it’s working? I still have ear pain, ear ringing and horrible sinus drainage in the mornings. Today I may be experiencing a side effect.? Very sore mouth with a few sores on my tongue and upper pallet. Going to stop taking it. I have had 3 different antibiotics in the last year and a half, seeing an E.N.T on the 11th. Some antibiotics work great for some and not so great for others. If it’s prescribed for you, give it a shot. You won’t know until you try.”

WhitDean January 31, 2020

For Sinusitis: “I was prescribed this cefdinir for sinus infection. Supposed to take one 300mg pill twice a day for 7 days. I took the first pill around 7 this morning and by 11 I had horrible cramps and nausea and diarrhea. It’s now 1:30 and I cannot leave the toilet. I will not be taking another pill if I survive this day. If you’re looking for a good colon cleanse, try these. Otherwise AVOID AT ALL COSTS.”

Cheyenne · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2020

For Sinusitis: “After 4-5 days of taking this antibiotic cefdinir, I began to turn yellow because my liver had begun to shut down. Fortunately, my doctor ran a test which showed Bilirubin to be off the charts. I was instructed to get to the emergency room, ASAP. Ended up in the hospital for four days. Apparently I am “one in 100,000”, but I would like for the manufacturer to pay my hospital bill. Once I stopped taking Cefdenir, my liver recovered rapidly.”

JJ January 24, 2020

For Otitis Media: “My son is 4 year old. He has used Cefidinir on at least 4 occasions to treat various infections including respiratory, sinus, and ear. No side effects to speak of and seems effective.”

Fayda · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2020

For Sinusitis: “I've been taking for 6 days for acute bronchitis. I was taking with Tamiflu but finished that prescription. I have very uncomfortable heartburn and my throat feels a bit weird and itchy but i don't have cold symptoms. My blood pressure has also increased and my heart is racing. I've been searching to find if Cednifir increases blood pressure but haven't been able to find anything. I feel like if you have high blood pressure this may not be for you. Also the heartburn is very uncomfortable. Like on a scale of 1-10 my heartburn is at a 6.”

maisiema · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2020

For Sinusitis: “Bad cold turned to sinusitis. Up through day 6 of cefdinir no problem. Morning of day 7 woke up a little queasy, called doctor who said to stick with it but by evening I was vomiting with loose stool. Did not take evening dose, called dr next day (still queasy.) Switched to doxycycline today. It was in my record that I had taken cefdinir before--apparently with no problem. As to sinus infection, can't say how effective. Mucus clear but still stuffed up and run down feeling.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2020

For Pneumonia: “Prescribed cefdinir for possible pneumonia and so far so good. Yea a little gassy but other that that I can tell it is thinning the cough up yuk. On it for ten days, so please let this go away. I was told 3 weeks ago I had type a flu. Congestion wouldn't go away. So we are trying this medicine.”

Dale · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2020

For Sinusitis: “Took my 1st 300mg cefdinir pill today. Right away felt very light headed and vision was off. Also developed ringing in my ears that is driving me nuts. Called doctor he said it was ok to stop and he would get me something different on Monday.. Never had issues with antibiotics before. Not sure why I wasn't given a Z Pac.”

Anonymous January 3, 2020

For Bronchitis: “This did absolutely nothing for bronchitis.”