User Reviews for Cefdinir

Also known as: Omnicef, Omnicef Omni-Pac

Learn more about Cefdinir.

Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis 6 reviews 87 medications

Skin and Structure Infection 1 reviews 72 medications

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 1 reviews 161 medications

Summary of Cefdinir reviews 130 reviews 4.6

Reviews for Cefdinir

For Sinusitis: "I was prescribed a 10-day dose of this horrific medication. By day 3, I was having diarrhea at least 10 times a day. I stopped taking it on day 5 after experiencing a terrible headache and intense joint pain, neither of which could by relieved by over the counter pain killers. That was 3 months ago and I'm still not back to normal. I still have frequent bouts of diarrhea. My doc assures me it will go away with time and probiotics, but 3 months of diarrhea is too serious a side effect in my opinion. Also, this medication cost me over $50. Most other antibiotics are either free or cost a lot less than this poison!"

Anonymous September 26, 2016

For Sinusitis: "My 5 year old daughter was given this medication for sinusitis. 30 minutes after her first dose, she started trembling. We didn't know what was going on. Then suddenly she started vomiting. We decided it was a reaction to Cefdinir. Very scary. Threw the rest of it away."

Ciaoko September 22, 2016

For Strep Throat: "My husband was given this for strep throat. It did not help at all. After 6 days on this medication, he still had pus in his throat. Dr switched him to new antibiotic and he felt so much better within 5 hours"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2016

For Strep Throat: "I've got strep throat probably about 4 times in the last 12 months, I've usually got Amoxicillin for strep (what my dr always prescribes) a couple months ago when I got strep throat, I went to my dr and it was after hours so I seen someone I never seen before. She gave me a steroid shot for swelling and also a antibiotic shot, prescribed cefdinir two times daily for ten days. It worked great! I felt better after two pills the first night. Well I got it again a few days ago and was prescribed cefdinir again and I'm so glad because it works super fast! Better than amoxicillin in my opinion. The only side affect is diarrhea. I haven't really had it this time but I did the first time I took it. LOVE this medicine. I recommend it."

Hy91896 July 31, 2016

For Strep Throat: "The zpacks and erthromycin gives me horrible stomach pain burning and diarhea. Cefdiner does not at all. Make sure to take 12 hours apart and dont take alcohol or vitamins and it will help the medicine work."

Works good for sinus and bronc (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2016

For Sinusitis: "After four days on Cefdinir, I developed bad diarrhea that had me going 30+ times to the bathroom. Went to the doctor to find out I had developed a severe case of C. Diff. I was very weak, lost 10 pounds in a week and as pale as can be. Metronidazole was the first medicine we tried, three times a day for 10 days. It seemed to work until five days after the prescription was finished. So then I went back to the doctor and got Vancomycin which finally cured it. Overall, I had to miss almost a month of school and took a while to feel normal again. I was told once you get C. Diff you are more prone to getting it again. Always take a probiotic when prescribed an antibiotic to replenish the lost bacteria!"

Sky95 (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2016

For Strep Throat: "Read all the reviews and don't agree with any of them. I felt a huge improvement only after the 1st dose. I only took two doses so far and so far so good!!"

Island88 (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2016

For Bronchitis: "Prescribes this for a 3 week cough suspected walking pneumonia or bronchitis and cough is calming but 3 days into this and the diarrhea is horrible. Feels like I am prepping for a colonoscopy. Stomach is constantly gurgling and roiling. Deficating while coughing at times. I am calling doc to ask for something else cause I can't leave the house with this diarrhea. Need to get on a plane in 6 days. There must be something with less diarrhea side effect"

Elle91 (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

For Otitis Media: "My 6 year old Daughter was given this medication for supposed wheezing in her lungs . 3rd dose she broke out all over her face & body! Itched horribly. Ended up taking her to an ER & doctor said to immediately stop this medication & had to give her a cortisone shot to reduce the rash :( I strongly advise to reconsider if given this medication and you have other options."

Mommy0323 June 17, 2016

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Pneumonia: "Let's talk about my sickness first. I was dipping my self into a freezing water pool for approximately 5 minutes a day. The next morning I felt the weather is so much colder so I knew its a fever. I'm very healthy person my body I make sure that my body is clean, I drink a lot of water and cleaning drinks so my stomach is always clean. The doctor prescriped me fevadol and omnicef. Omnicef experience were horrible. Very bad diarrhea every 15 minutes or so even if there is nothing in my body. I couldn't sleep for more than 24 hours with complete alertness and no feeling of exhaustion. eating it without food will make it worse. I used it for 2 days only. Dosage was 1 300mg twice a day. I got Dizziness, back pain, headache and diarrhea."

191Omar June 15, 2016

For Strep Throat: "I have only been on this medicine for 3 days and I have severe diarrhea. I was sick for a week with a high fever but this medicine has made me feel worse. I am going to stop taking it immediately. The label also says you can continue to have the diarrhea for weeks or months after."

Katabear (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I have been taking this medicine for sinusitis (300 mg twice a day), or however you spell it. It has only been 1 day so I have only taken it twice, spaced out between 12 hours . One at 7:18am and one at 7:18 pm. I have now been awake since 4 am with upset stomach , stomach gurgling,and my bowels are slowly turning into diarrhea. I only made a bowel movement once while taking this so far and I can tell it is about to go down if I keep taking it :( (I am normally vert constipated). As far as for my sinusitis, it has seemed to improve my sore,itchy throat a little. I guess I should stick I out and drink plenty of water to see how i feel. I just do notttttt want to vomit . :("

Reneek777778 May 25, 2016

For Otitis Media: "By far the worst drug ever made. This drug is a synthetic which is why no wonder it does not work. I've been sick for 9 days but been on this for 7 days taking it twice a day religiously. Went into the urgent care bc my ear was hurting for the 1st time in my life, my throat was swollen & hurts so much to even barely even swallow my own spit, miragraine, dizzy, coughing, running nose, & my body so weak I had trouble walking. After 7 days being on it's not working. Caused my other ear after 2 days to hurt. Both ears are so muffed I can't hear a thing. Now have to take the z-pack I normally take when I'm sick that she called in. FYI when u tell a doctor what works for u do not settle for what they think u should take. Know ur body!!"

Tiffnvb May 23, 2016

For Otitis Media: "My 17 month old was put on this antibiotic for a double ear infection. Infection was clear by day 5 but my son was allergic and broke out into a horrible rash all over his body."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "HORRIBLE. Was prescribed 300mg x1 daily. Day one was sharp pains in lower intestines. Day 2 was worse, with acid reflux that was the worst I ever had. I tried Apple Cider Vinegar, Pepto, Oatmeal, Omeprazole. Almost went to ER. Finally started to subside after 6 hours. I stopped it and still had pains in lower intestines for next few days. And a Panic attack 2nd day off. WORST STUFF EVER!!! IT must be bad. Even one of the manufacturer's discontinued it. SO many bad reviews too. For what I was being treated for I was actually suppose to be on 300mg x. 2 I am so glad that PA was a dope and got it wrong. A NEW PA diagnosed me differently and put me on Cipro. FDA Should make Companies refund us/system for crap like this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2016

For Otitis Media: "5 month old infant Rxd cefdinir for ear infection; next morning, diaper full of bloody diarrhea ; to ER; MD said ear infection not serious enough for antibx; DC Cefdiner ; cont to treat "pink eye" with drops."

Gran Jordan May 7, 2016

For Bronchitis: "Day 5 of 7, 300mg bid, and still having fevers and persistent cough. I went back to clinic and saw NP and she gave me a Z-pak, a dexamethasone IM, and rocephin shot. I hope to feel better soon. This medication didn't help me but it didn't give me diarrhea either. I don't recommend it."

Bella1122 May 2, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Do not take this drug. I am not allergic to any antibiotics and haven't ever had a bad experience. Because of this drug, I am now fighting a very serious c difficile infection. Most people haven't even heard of c diff, but when you do, your life changes. C difficile isn't as treatable as the internet suggests. This drug is absolutely the reason my life has changed. Do not take it. In fact, ANYTIME you take an antibiotic, take a probiotic (spaced away from the antibiotic dose) with it. And another thing I've learned, there are certain antibiotics you should ask for--NARROW spectrum, ALWAYS. Broad-spectrum antibiotics destroy your gut. If you have to take a broad-spectrum antibiotic, supplement with a probiotic. I cannot stress this enough!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

Omnicef (cefdinir) for Sinusitis: "I have been on this for 5 days, sort of working, still have the headache though. I haven't really had any side affects yet. But I was given a 21 day dosage for (2) 300mg capsules. I have had 4 sinus infections since January. Hope it helps get rid of the headache. It has helped with the drainage and coughing though."

Bootscasper April 25, 2016

For Sinusitis: "I've tried Cefdinir twice. It helped my infection but in both cases I could not finish the drug because of severe nausea and vomiting. I won't take it again."

Rose118 April 18, 2016

For Bronchitis: "Day 10 my 10yr old son started painful itching. Took advil, zyrtec & called Dr. Instructed to give Benadryl. Next day welts all over, hot red rash coming & going in waves. Severe joint pain, cough & puffiness around eyes. Dr. reluctant to classify reaction as allergy to antibiotic, pointed out that he'd taken same antibiotic 5 months prior & no reaction. I suggested that 1st exposure = sensitized & 2nd exposure elicits reaction. Pedi finally agreed with Mom's assessment, prescribed oral steroid. Six days later, moderate symptom control on double dose benadryl, 20mg prednisone, albuterol for shortness of breath. Dr says not anaphylaxis. I suspect otherwise & have epipen. He's only comfortable when medicated. Bad drug!"

Good4life March 31, 2016

For Bronchitis: "After receiving this medication, nothing has changed at all! I still have fevers, coughing fits, and a horrible headache. It hurts to lift my head off of the pillows and even walk around since my joints hurt from the fevers. Matter of fact, my fevers have been increasing rather than decreasing! Other medications I have taken worked as soon as I ingested it. I would not recommend to anyone."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2016

For Sinusitis: "300mg. Took medicine once a day for ten days. First day went smoothly, second day and onward, terrible headache in the center of my forehead and on the right side of my head. No other side effects. Around the fourth day, I called the pharmacist and they advised that I take it at night before bed before the headache sets in. Best decision."

Simoneee March 26, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Diarrhea after day 2, i stopped after 7th day when i started vomiting, by then, sinus infection was twice as bad. & this med added, bronchial infection, sneezing, itchy eyes & nose. I feel like the Dr prescribed it to watch me like a ginnue pig. Dr office just said, well those are the side effects."

Vtchgo March 8, 2016

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "After 3 days of taking this medication I was suffering from constant gastrointestinal issues, which is something I have never experienced on antibiotics before even with probiotics. On day 4 I began with severe itching, burning, and hives and returned to the doctor. This antibiotic also seemed to have little affect on my original illness. I am now on a Z pack and feel much better. Now I have to be on a long course of Prednisone for my allergic reaction which has yet to subside. This by far has been the worst antibiotic I have ever taken in my life. Never ever again!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016