User Reviews for Cefdinir

Also known as: Omnicef, Omnicef Omni-Pac

Cefdinir Rating Summary

4.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 212 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Cefdinir to treat Sinusitis

"This was my 3rd trip to the doctor , first I was given 875 mg amoxcillin but 3 days later I was worse. Went to an urgent care clinic and was given a shot of rocephin, a steroid and another antibiotic. Those 3 things cured the sinusitis , and the bronchitis I had , but I was still sick. The dr this time prescribed cefdinir and it took 5 days , but on the 5th day my pneumonia was gone - finally relief! Now, I get to see how long it lasts. 3 days not sick so far (I'm one of those unlucky people that are sick more than they are healthy) and the cause is 9 times out of ten , sinusitis. If it progresses without infection , well...let's put it this way . I have sinusitis 9 to 10 times a year .. bronchitis 7 to 8 times a year and full blown pneumonia at least 3 to 4 times a year. I live with this as normal. Cefdinir really helped me this time."

Robert (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2018

"I’ve had a sinus infection for 2 weeks now. I’m going on day 4 of this Cefdinir and I don’t feel any better. Everything has gotten almost 100% worse. The dirrhea is terrible. The sinus pressure is so bad I can’t sleep. I'm up every couple hours. Normally I’m given doxycycline and that kicks the sinus infections in the butt. I had to call in sick today because of this. Wouldn't recommend this medicine at all"

Mariah (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2018

"This medication was prescribed for my 8 year old son and myself both having sinusitis. To make a long story short, this particular antibiotic worked/works well for my son w/o any side affects. I wish I could say the same for myself, on about the 3th to 4th day I started having diarrhea, slowly to very moderately, meaning I hit the bathroom 3 to 4 times every hour, sometimes more. I should also add that I didn't notice any difference in my sinusitis, so the medicine just gave me really bad diarrhea, so not worth it to me. This antibiotic is a great medication for kids from my stand point not so much for adults, unless you don't mind living in the bathroom."

Steph52 (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

"I was given 300mg of Cefdinir 2x a day for 10 days. It took awhile to actually start working, and everything was going fine until day 9 of antibiotics. I started itching, but didn’t think much of it as I have dry skin. However, I have completed all of my medicine and my itching has gotten worse. I would not recommend this medicine. I have NEVER had a reaction to medication before."

Kay February 26, 2018

"Terrible stomach pain and intense vomiting. Tried this drug twice and it happened twice. Same when my daughter used it. Bad drug. Don't know how they can sell this."

Sars February 18, 2018

"1.5hours after first dose.. SEVERE stomach pain , projectile vomiting and water diarrhea for 6 hours, severe chills and sweating, panic, hyperventilating. I am 48 and not new to vomiting etc! This was unlike any other episode. Hospitalized for 3 days! Dr brushed it off as flu! Tried a dose last night for new sinus infection and Severe cramping and vomiting started within 3 hours of 1 dose! I will refuse this medication in the future!"

cjmc06 February 14, 2018

"Developed Sinusitis after a really bad cold. I had not rested enough and continued flying for my work. Finally got to the Dr and he prescribed Cefdinir for 10 days. After 7 days I actually felt worse, no improvement at all. I went back to the Dr and asked him to prescribe Augmentin. 2 days into that and already feeling relief"

kel123456 February 10, 2018

"My doctor gave me this for my sinus infection the two days ok 3 day got a blister on my lip thought it was cold sore coming on ! I finished my medicine on Sunday and I have experience constipation and then diarrhea Haven’t stopped and very bad cramp didn’t know that this medicine causes side effects I would never never never have taken it "

Breaks February 7, 2018

"It was prescribed for a POSSIBLE sinus infection. Knowing what I know now, I don't know why such a strong med was prescribed. I have taken things like Amoxicillin in the past with no bad side effects. In addition to seeing no change in my symptoms, by the night of day 6 of 10 that I was supposed to take the drug, I was miserable. Shaking chills, dizziness, watery diarrhea, nausea with some vomiting. I actually wished that I could have vomited more because I felt so terribly nauseated. Now, on the morning after, still feeling nausea and dealing with diarrhea. Also headache. I hope and pray that the drug totally and it's effects totally leave my body soon. I will NEVER take cefdinir again. By the way, I did take the drug as prescribed and took probiotics ."

Anonymous February 6, 2018

"I developed a sinus infection and two ear infections. I was dizzy, exhausted, sinuses were on fire and my head hurt SO bad! At about two weeks I went to the doctor and took a round of Amoxicillin. It didn’t touch it. I was so miserable I went back right at the end of my prescription. Started Doxycycline. I’m a nurse and thought this would for sure do the trick. Nothing! About day five my ears let up a bit, but still really suffering. Now I’m freaking out, have been taking sudafed and ibuprofen around the clock for 3 weeks to keep the headaches at bay. I went back to the doctor at the end of day 10 and he started me on Cefdinir. I took diflucan too to ward of a yeast infection. On my third dose of Cefdinir I was feeling major improvements! I’m on day four and feel about 85-90% better. Some stomach pain-drinking lots of water, walking, take the med with food. The yeast Infection is no fun but I’m super grate ful right now for this med!"

JKMM January 31, 2018

"I woke up about 2 weeks ago to severe ear pain and sinus pressure to the point where I was overly dizzy for 9 days straight with no relief whatsoever - unless I was laying down, and not moving. I went to the doctor about 2 and a half weeks ago and was prescribed this medication and it seemed like it almost got worse as the days went on. I was in SO much pain, no appetite, very lethargic, dizzy, ear pain, mucus in nose and throat, and the worst migraines for 3 days straight with no relief. Finally after 2 full weeks of thinking I’d be feeling this way forever, I started to feel better on my 18 day being sick, but my 9th day of the medication. I also developed a terrible, itchy, red, sore yeast infection. Now I’m dealing with this too !"

yeast infection (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2017

"Just got this medication for the first time for a sinus infection. After reading the reviews I'm kinda scared to take it. Gonna start my first dose tomorrow after I get off work. Hope I don't have all the side effects everyone is having. I already have Crohn's and was told this medication is easy on the GI tract and I will feel 100% better in 2 days. We shall see"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2017

"I went to a clinic to get treated for my bronchitis and sinuses! I usually get the Z-pack but this nurse practitioner decided to put me on this antibiotic instead! I am highly allergic to amoxicillin since birth so I can’t use that. I was warned by the pharmacist that this medication has side affects and a 2% chance of having a allergic reaction so I purchased some Benadryl just in case. The nurse practitioner who prescribed me this med told me it 2x a day for 10 days every 12 hours and eat something with it such as yogurt or a probiotic. I don’t have and side affects like everyone else from the reviews I read! I don’t have any headaches! I shall see how it works!"

rseuffert83 (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2017

"I was prescribed this on a Friday for a sinus and middle ear infection by that next Sunday I was feeling a little better, started feeling worse Monday night, went to school on Tuesday had to go home early because of a low fever. The whole time I have been taking this medicine I have had a sharp pain in my nose when I breathe through my nose I can also smell the medicine, I have had pain so bad in my legs and knees to where it hurts to move, and I've also been slightly forgetful. My ear pain has gotten worse to where it wakes me up. I have never had a medicine that has done this to me in the past."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2017

"I have had a sinus infection and ear infection for months on end. I was prescribed this and had been suffering severe constipation before. No more constipation, I have to take it easy because exertion makes the digestive issues worse but I understand the need to cleanse the system and for some that is diarrhea and vomit. Those that have allergic reactions I'm sorry but it isn't a reason to take it off the market, allergic reactions to meds should always be looked at. I'm hoping this will finally get rid of my infections can't smell and have loss of hearing. It sucks."

The-1st-Arden-ever (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2017

"I was prescribed on a Tuesday to take Cefdinir for a sinus infection (alongside a steroid which I only took for a day). Tuesday went fine, I felt better. Wed PM before my fourth dosage, I had intense stomach pain (I can normally handle stomach pain/cramps) and was advised to eat something. Felt better and took my 4th pill. Woke up around 3 am Thursday and I could taste the pill in my mouth (indigestion/reflux). Pushed it off, went to sleep, and woke up an hour later and I thought I was dying on the toilet. Stomach pain, diarrhea & vomiting (at the same time) and this weird finger cramp where I couldn’t move my fingers, along with panic/shallow breathing. This lasted off and on for almost two hours (mostly diarrhea) and I was too scared to finish the RX."

ChelinLR (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2017

"Was prescribed this for suspected strep throat. I had a fever so the doctor went ahead and prescribed this to me. First day I had loose stools and nausea. This continued until the fifth day I had severe muscle pain and a severe headache. It was a struggle to just walk to the bathroom. Right now I have watery diarrhea and stomach cramps. Earlier today I had fever and severe body chills. Over the counter pain meds have not made a dent. Last night I was tossing & turning in pain, and got very little sleep. Cure worse than the cause! I've tolerated many other antibiotics very well in the past, and I will never allow my doctor to prescribe this to me again."

cam49587 October 15, 2017

"The bad reviews sound awful. I have taken this antibiotic several times and have no adverse reaction. I am currently on 300mg 2x daily and it kicks but on the infection. I recommend for those who can take it."

Patriciaz September 17, 2017

"I've been taking Cefdinir for 5 days so far with no adverse reactions as mentioned in some of the comments. No diarrhea, stomach cramps, etc. However, my sinus headache and cough are worse today...no better. I called my Dr. thinking he might want to give me a different type of antibiotic but he said to stay on the Cifdinir. It's not helping. I am miserable. :*("

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2017

"I have never taken an antibiotic without experiencing at least some negative side effects due to being extremely sensitive to most medications. Omnicef/Cefdinar is the only antibiotic my body tolerates with zero negative side effects. Over the years I have taken it for respiratory infections, including sinus, and also for UTI/kidney infections. I am beyond grateful there's at least one medication like this one I can tolerate."

Detell1 July 30, 2017

"Had Sinusitis for 2 months. I was hesitant to take Cefdinir after reading all the bad reviews on here, but I finally gave in and it cleared it up in a matter of days with no side effects. Seems the most common side effects reported here are headache and diarrhea. I think many people aren't aware that Cefdinir should be taken with food, and that whenever you take any sort of antibiotic, you should follow up with a probiotic a couple of hours after each pill to re-balance your gut bacteria. These two steps are probably what kept from experiencing those side effects."

Jen Ettick July 9, 2017

"Within 24 hours of taking I had a decrease in symptoms and started feeling better."

Mama2bear May 24, 2017

"was prescribed cefdinir 300mg twice daily for 10 days for a sinus infection. I was having sinus headaches and mild fever prior, so at first I did not realize that the headache was from cefdinir now, and not from sinus issues. After first 5 days, severe diarrhea developed, and headaches and nausea continued. But it did seemingly clear whatever was happening in the sinuses. I am on day 6. if headaches and stomach issues don't stop, will have to stop at day 7 and see if need another antibiotic or done. It's a very rough drug, and reading all the long term possible effects is a bit scary."

sinusitis sufferer (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2017

"Cleared up sinus and ear infection quickly with no side effects."

Bob Toppings April 11, 2017

"Took this medication twice a day for 10 days for infection of sinuses and adenoids. First three days my stomach hurt and headaches. Remainder of the days no side effects until the day I stopped taking it developed diarrhea and severe stomach cramping that didn't go away. 5 days after stopping the med now positive for C DIFF. I even took probiotics through the entire course of the med. Getting married in a week. Thanks a lot Cefdinir. I wanted everyone to be aware of this!!!!"

Annonymous6789 April 6, 2017