Cefdinir - Can a capsule be broken open and sprinkled on food?
It has been prescribed for an ear infection.
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Apr 16, 2019.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
It is best not to open the capsule and sprinkle on food in case you don't finish the food ,and that would mean that you miss a bit of the dose.
If you can't swallow the capsule you can open it up and mix with a small spoonful of something, and swallow the entire contents.
Related Medical Questions
- What is the normal daily dose of 500mg amoxicillin capsules for chest infections?
- Can amoxicillin be used to treat a bacterial vaginitis infection?
- Can I use Cipro to treat a bacterial vaginitis infection?
- How often should I take amoxicillin for a sinus infection?
- Can triamcinolone acetonide B be used to treat severe diaper rash on a little girl?
- How long does it take for penicillin to leave your system?
- Can you have a vaginal yeast infection if you have no uterus?
- Cefdinir Information for Consumers
- Cefdinir Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Cefdinir (detailed)