Cefdinir - Can a capsule be broken open and sprinkled on food?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 6, 2022.
It has been prescribed for an ear infection.
It is best not to open the capsule and sprinkle on food in case you don't finish the food ,and that would mean that you miss a bit of the dose.
If you can't swallow the capsule you can open it up and mix with a small spoonful of something, and swallow the entire contents.
Related medical questions
- What is the best antibiotic to treat a sinus infection?
- Should you take probiotics with antibiotics?
- Can antibiotics cause yeast infections?
- What are the common side effects of antibiotics?
- Cefdinir Information for Consumers
- Cefdinir Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Cefdinir (detailed)