Cefdinir - Can a capsule be broken open and sprinkled on food?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 6, 2021.
It has been prescribed for an ear infection.
It is best not to open the capsule and sprinkle on food in case you don't finish the food ,and that would mean that you miss a bit of the dose.
If you can't swallow the capsule you can open it up and mix with a small spoonful of something, and swallow the entire contents.
Related Medical Questions
- Can you drink alcohol with amoxicillin?
- What's the difference between Bacteria and Viruses?
- Fluconazole - How long does it take to work?
- If I am allergic to penicillin, is it safe to use amoxicillin?
- How many times a day should a male adult take amoxicillin 500mg for an ear infection?
- Monistat-1, white discharge and burning 3 days after use. Is this normal?
- Azithromycin to cure chlamydia: How much and how long?
- What is the best way to reduce swelling in your face?
- Cephalexin - can this be used to treat an abscess in the mouth or gum infection?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat a sinus infection?
- UTI vs Bladder vs Yeast Infections - What's the difference?
- How often should I take amoxicillin for a sinus infection?
- I took a fluconazole 150 mg tablet Monday afternoon for a yeast infection.
- What's the normal daily dose of amoxicillin 500mg for chest infections?
- Can you drink wine while taking penicillin VK 500mg tablets?
- Cefdinir Information for Consumers
- Cefdinir Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Cefdinir (detailed)