User Reviews for Ceftriaxone

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease 3.0
Summary of Ceftriaxone reviews 8.5 126 reviews

Reviews for Ceftriaxone

Jessy September 13, 2020

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: “I have been suffering with UTI infection my PCP tried all kinds of antibiotic nothing works. Unfortunately I cannot take oral medication due to my stomach sensitivity, oral medication produce acid reflex on me extremely bad. Then I went to the ER last October I was admitted at hospital. I was giving Rocephin IV only 1 does it worked and I was sent home. I was suppose to get five days oral treatment but that did not happen. I did not have any pain anymore anywhere after few months it began again and I was given the generic injection which was painful and did not work.”

Skky · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2020

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: “This is my 3rd UTI in an annual year. One in Oct of 2019, May 2020 and Aug 2020. I woke up at 2 am 2 days ago feeling that all so familiar feeling. By 1pm Sunday I headed to the ER. I started urinating blood, passing clots and my pelvic area was killing me! A UTI causes INTENSE pain, I would birth my 4 children all over again! Doc did a phone call appt (due to covid) today and he said I am perimenopausal(sp) at 38 years old :/. My estrogen is funky so that could def be a culprit. I did have the rocephin shot last night, but it's taking a bit longer to COMPLETELY go away vs the last 2x. I am TERRIFIED of getting another UTI. My doc suggested a natural supplement call de mannose. Anyone taking this? I have to order it, drug store was out. Apparently it's a preventative supplement for UTI's. All I know is that the pain of a UTI is forever traumatizing! The shot hurts, yes, but SO worth the relief. I would recommend it to anyone.”

graceheart · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “my lower stomach was hurting for months and today I went to the doctor and they said I had a bad UTI. They gave me ceftriaxone as a shot it had this needle that looked 5 inches long (could’ve been 4) (it was huge)”

Kjhall90 · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2020

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: “I had one intravenous dose of Rocephin. Within a few minutes I developed a burning/tingling in my fingertips and in my chest. It has been one day and it has not gone away. Do not know if UTI better as never really had much pain. Just discovered with urinalysis. I do not like side effects of they are permanent.”

Nickname · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2020

For Skin and Structure Infection: “I hand an severe infection at a finger joint after a light dog bite. So about 30 hours later I received a shot of IV in left arm it was painful to the point they had to stop and change injection site. Reduced injection rate helped but still was harsh. Redness in finger diminished a lot during the night. Next morning doctor recommended another shot. In right arm this time I was apprehending pain again but this time just a small discomfort. My observation is the last IV was really correctly in the vein and rate of injection was adequate, even if the last 5ml was pushed by hand by the nurse. I was prescribed Amoxcillin orally for 5 days, 24 hours later after the second IV the swelling was gone and normal coloration. Yes, this worked well for me so far and probably saved my finger from complications. Follow your infectious disease specialist advice they know what they are doing.”

Chichi · Taken for less than 1 month May 21, 2020

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: “I live in Africa, I had weird headaches for two weeks with back pains and abdominal pains, went to the hospital and diagnosed with malaria and severe UTI, Dr put me on malaria pills and Rocephin for 5 days, after two injections I feel much better, can’t wait to finish all my injections. But my hand is swollen from injections.”

Mandy · Taken for less than 1 month April 29, 2020

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bacterial Infection: “I had my first sinus infection this year. I suffered from continuous low grade fevers, headaches, sore throat, ears and sinuses aching and lymph nodes all swollen for weeks. Finally went to urgent care. I was given Augmentin for 10 days with absolutely no improvement. I went back and was given a shot of rocephin and tordal. Within 2 days, almost 100% back to normal. Also started 7 days of Levaquin. Unfortunately infection came back within 2 weeks. I got another shot Rocephin today and within hours have started feeling better. It only burns a little. I did not have any side effects either time. Completely worth it!!!”

CC April 12, 2020

For Kidney Infections: “Went to urgent care for a presumed kidney infection (had one before, felt the same excruciating flank pain). The dr suggested treating me right off the bat for one while we would wait for the proper lab results to come back for confirmation. Within a few hours of her poking me in the opposite hip, I felt immense relief. She prepared me for the shot itself to be painful, but I did not think it was bad at all; just a tad sore to the touch that night.”

Just me March 26, 2020

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bacterial Infection: “Rocephin YES it worked overnight !!! I’m just so happy ”

Mello · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Went to urgent care this morning been dealing with a UTI for the past 2 months. All test were neg, prescribed flagyl, moxifloxacin, cipro & bactrim. They didn't eradicate the problem, insisted to the doctor to administer ceftriaxone, she complied and I must say the results are spectacular...also sent a order to the pharmacist for doxycycline 100mg 2x a day for 14”

Lola · Taken for less than 1 month March 16, 2020

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: “Had a severe UTI and had been getting them constantly due to hormones changing and getting older . Received this Rocephin shot for 3 days and feel so much better . Followed by Cipro ... hopefully this is the answer”

G-Bus · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2020

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: “I had developed a UTI just a few days ago. After 2 days of back pain and abdominal pain I finally went to my Dr. They wrote a prescription for Ciprofloxacin and also gave me 2 Rocephin injections in my butt. Having been diagnosed with Spina Bifida while still in my Mother's womb in 1984, I've had many Urinary Tract Infections. Every oral Antibiotic takes so long for relief but the Rocephin injections worked almost instantaneous!!! The sting from the shot hurts but the results are well worth getting the shot!!!”

Hg6261616 · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2019

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bacterial Infection: “I’ve had this injection twice once when I was pregnant for a ear infection/flu and once today for sinus infection and it works so well!!!! Clears up a sinus infection within hours. This shot is HUGE and it hurts but if your nurse gives injects it into you slowly it won’t be too bad. I am terrified of these shots but I begged for it today and was glad I got it.”

T · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2019

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: “Woke up and had pain in my right side to the point I was doubled over, went to ER they gave me a shot of rocephin and toroidal for pain was fine for about 3 hrs and then started vomiting and didn't stop, it was brown and black and awful .My neck ,side and legs hurt ,I'm not doubled over anymore but still hurting and headaches so I'm not really sure it has helped was given a prescription for nitrofurantoin mono 100mg mg and now I'm scared to take it after reading the reviews. I can't handle the side effects right now”

mema3 · Taken for less than 1 month December 11, 2019

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: “Can not say enough about a shot of rocephin to kick start getting rid of an infection along with Cephdnir if you have had a urine culture to say it is susceptible to antibiotic. A common bacteria Kiseablaie infection, especially in older women such as my self that has had a total hysterectomy. One word of advice get a culture done. I have also had to have 3 shots for strep that kept coming back knocked it out finally after 6 months. No side affects.”

Jan December 11, 2019

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bacterial Infection: “Concerning painful injection of Rocephin: just ask the nurse to give it very, very slowly. This makes all the difference. If given very fast, you can’t hardly walk out of the office. Slowly, no problem, of course, it will burn a little going in, but not badly.”

DiAnne · Taken for less than 1 month December 10, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: “I received this shot a week ago for upper and lower respiratory infection. It was a painful shot which is expected. However, a week later and I still have pain at the injection site. It’s about the size of a grapefruit and is painful to the touch and flexing of the gluteus muscle. I would say it did help relieve the symptoms of the infection, but not as quickly as some of the other reviews state. I’m just wondering how long I’ll have this pain in my glute.”

Cindy · Taken for less than 1 month December 7, 2019

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Pneumonia: “My son was running high 102-104 fevers, took him to ER on Tuesday night. Chest x-ray confirmed upper left lung pneumonia. Was put on 2,000 mg of amoxicillin 2x per day. Was still running high fevers like before and went back to ER Thursday night with pneumonia that spread through the rest of his left lung. He received 2,000mg of rocephin by IV 1am Friday morning . 21 hours later he is still getting high fevers. This latest one being 103. I'm starting to think this antibiotic isn't working.”

Smokeyfiat911 · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2019

For Joint Infection: “I was bitten by my cat and ended up in the hospital for 6 days with an infection in the wound. I was put on ceftriazone through IV. I was then sent home with a PICC line and I was giving myself this medicine intravenously for 15 more days. I suffered through some side effects and now I have to get treated for Clostridium difficile which is caused by long term IV antibiotic treatment. The jury is still out on how effective it is.”

Anomymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 18, 2019

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bacterial Infection: “I have sick for 3 weeks! 21 days of coughing green phlegm and having the worse symptoms I have ever experienced. I get sick frequently so I decided to try to let my immune system work on its own. I've been dragging myself around trying to deal with symptoms while still taking care of my kids. I gave in and went to urgent care this morning. I received a rocephin injection and oral antibiotics. Within HOURS, I felt better.”

gtags November 14, 2019

For Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated: “I was treated by this med ceftriaxone because of gonorrhea and I had worst side effects, I felt weak and tired after 2 days taking the antibiotic and it last weeks. Did anyone experience the same side effects.!?”

nova · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 16, 2019

For Lyme Disease: “ceftriaxone cured my lyme disease completely”

Amy September 30, 2019

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: “Second time posting hoping it might help someone. Had symptoms of UTI on Friday. Not happy all weekend. Got into doctor this morning and had shot. I still hate getting two shots in my bottom but my doctor also insists on giving me a B12 shot when I see him because I am slightly anemic. I am not sure if it is because I am skinny but Rocephin burns like heck and I am almost in tears getting it. Maybe I am just a wimp but I don’t like needles getting stuck in me and Rocephin is the worst! It it is now around 3:00 and I have no symptoms. It works and even though I dreaded the shot all weekend I am glad I got it.”

Sarah · Taken for less than 1 month September 30, 2019

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Otitis Media: “I had a shot of Rocephin 1g in my (R) gluteus 1 week and 1 day ago. The pain upon injection was a 5.5 on a scale of 10. It is a big shot and it takes several seconds to administer. This was to treat a middle ear infection which turned out to be a burst eardrum. The ear started getting better (less pain and less full feeling) within 24-hours, but the pain from the shot is still a 2-2.5 on a scale of 10, 8 days after administration.”

HJ · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 17, 2019

For Otitis Media: “I've gotten this ceftriaxone shot at least 5 times in my life. Most recently and every time for double ear infections. They shot me in my butt with 2 shots, one this, and the other was a steroid. Either way, I don't have back issues whatsoever, and my lower back is usually ON FIRE, it really hurts!! I most def feel this shot is worth whatever pain you are going thru to need it. Suffer thru the pain and get by.”