User Reviews for Ceftriaxone

Joint Infection

1 review 47 medications
Summary of Ceftriaxone reviews 8.5 86 reviews

Reviews for Ceftriaxone

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Had UTI diagnosed over a month ago, given cipro. Never felt quite over the UTI. Ended up getting bactrim, UTI started raging again. Went back to doc and requested rocephin. Received shot and was 99% better within hours. Seeing my own PCP in 2 days, may get another shot. I'm working away from home and I found out I’m resistant to many antibiotics now so rocephin saved me from permanent kidney damage :)"

Sherry July 3, 2018

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Recurrent UTI and bladder infections, Last year need hospitalization, turning to sepsis. Three days of UV Rocephin and ten months later, another UTI and after a shot of rocephin, started clearing up the symptoms immediately! Oral antibiotics never work! This is a miracle drug for this condition, with no side effects for me!"

Lynne June 16, 2018

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was given the shot today, after having finished a 7 day antibiotic which did not help my UTI at all. After reading the reviews I see most peoples symptoms cleared within 4-6hrs however I cannot say the same. I hope by the time I wake up I notice a difference. Its been 3 weeks, 2 oral antibiotics, lots of azo, and now the rocephin shot. Lets cross our fingers and hope it makes the difference!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I went to Convenient Care late this morning. I have been having problems with urinating all week. I was running to the bathroom with extreme urgency to pee every 15 minutes or so only to urinate a small amount. My back had started hurting in a different area than usual a few days ago and yesterday my legs ached so bad I could barely stand it. I was nauseated also. Anyways, at the Convenient Care they checked me in and I had a temperature they asked for a urine sample so I gave them one. All morning I have been passing small clot like mucous pieces of blood while urinating. I have never had an injection before for my bladder infections but this morning I received my first Rocephin. I had it around noon and by 4:30 I was already starting to feel better! They also gave Cipro for 10 days so I hope that doesn’t make me feel too sick because I’m feeling a lot better right now. Still achy but not burning when I urinate."

Buttons (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2018

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bacterial Infection: "Had a horrible cough for 7 days, with varying colors of sputum. Went from green to yellow to frothy white. At day 5, I had diarrhea and loss of appetite. I was weak and fragile, lethargic and dehydrated. Went into an urgent care walk in was swabbed for strep- came back false/positive since it had been 7days already. Doctor checked my throat it was a harsh red, inflammation and swelling. Given a shot of Rocephin to jumpstart my antibiotic treatments. Shot was painless for me. I feel better after a few hours, still have some throat and cough but over all, I'm regaining my energy and my appetite."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2018

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Tried posting this on my iPad yesterday and the day before but it did not seem to post. I have been getting Rocephin injections for UTIs for about 10 years. Initially after trying pill antibiotics over a over with little success, my OB recommended the shot. I am extremely needle phobic and was very reluctant to agree to a shot in my butt, but convinced myself to suck it up. First it is a little embarrassing to be bent over a table with a bare butt , next the shot really hurts and burns. Your butt is sore or about 1 hour afterward. But it works. A few days ago I had symptoms of a UTI and ignored them. My husband convinced me to stop being a baby and go get the shot! I finally gave in and saw my doctor. I received one rocephin injection in my right cheek and a B12 shot in my other butt cheek. 5-6 hours later I felt fine although my bottom is still a little sore. I need to get over this fear of needles! Don't watch when they prepare it. But I would recommend this shot."

Amy March 4, 2018

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Pneumonia: "Got sick really fas,t had bad sinus drainage, fever and coughed up my lungs (it felt like) with so much force. My dr did X-ray which was normal but I’ve had pneumonia several times so he started me on Rocephrin and steroid shot next day another shot rocephrin and day 3 another plus a few steroid pills 20 mg but those make my head almost explode I can do the shots better it seems I’m still coughing but mucus is getting clearer but I’m happy to have a Dr that knows me and his fast I can get sick I’m putting my ankle surgery off was suppose to have it next week but waiting 3 more weeks to get stronger"

Tootsie in SC (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 2, 2018

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Pneumonia: "I had been to hospital with some pretty bad pneumonia. They were in the process of discharging me when the nurse gave me the shot. Let me be clear I have NEVER EVER felt such a painful shot in my life. Holy cow it felt like I had broken my arm and I couldn’t move it for at least 30 minutes after. Nurse said to rub it out and luckily it didn’t hurt too bad the next day."

Jbusby3 November 23, 2017

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Pneumonia: "'Came down with what seemed like a bad bout of influenza on a Friday night. Absent from work Monday, and Tuesday. Wednesday and my cough is dry, chest heavy, gurgling sound in my chest. I thought it was wheezing, but that sound didn't go away even after inhalers. I regret returning to work on Wednesday, but I've used up my sick time. Doctor gave me Rocephin on Thursday morning. By Thursday evening, I'm feeling good enough to be bored and wanting to return to work! The creators of this medicine deserve Nobel Prize!"

Ulla Painting November 3, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Just got the flu shot yesterday 10/23/17 prior to that I had a UTI with this medicine that I used for two weeks. Three days went by and now I have it back. I don’t blame the medicine I blame the flu shot."

Pattimang (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2017

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Pneumonia: "Went to the doctor on a Monday with what I thought was sinuses acting up. They thought the same...by the next day I Had a bad cough and didn’t even feel like moving any muscle. I stayed on the couch for 2 days with a fever ranging from 100-102! I finally forced myself to go see the doctor again on Wednesday and yup pneumonia. They gave me a rocephin shot in office and also a prescription for a z pack! Time I got home an hour later my fever had dropped to around 99 and 30 minutes later it was back to normal. Woke up the next day and thought man I could go to work (not very smart thinking on my end) I made it through work but it wore me out. The doctor had me come back Saturday for another rocephin shot and today I feel more back to normal."

Prosmitchell October 22, 2017

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Lyme Disease, Neurologic: "I had Lyme disease, misdiagnosed and untreated, for 12 years. By the time the wise doctor sent me out for a blood test, I was basically a vegetable. I have gone from a high-performing, athletic lifestyle, and having a very sharp wit, to being unable to care for myself, unable to read, to sit up, even to watch a TV show. I have been on IV Rocephin now for 4 1/2 months. I take 2 g, every 12 hours, four days in a row each week. In addition, I take IV clindamycin, 900 mg , Six days in a row each month. I also take ursodiol to prevent gallbladder failure from rocephin. I have gone from completely bedridden, and suffering unendurable agony, to being semi-functional, able to care for myself, and almost able to Work."

Eric with Lyme October 12, 2017

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bronchitis: "I was given this medicine after my Dr and discovered I pretty much had an absent immune system. I have been on several pill antibiotics and nothing was working anymore. I had this medicine by IV in a Dr office one time. My infection finally went away. I didn't have any reaction to this medicine."

Krystal N September 28, 2017

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated: "Found out I had Gonorrhea. Doctor prescribed this and antibiotic pills pills (doxy). The shot is NOT as painful as everyone says, especially if you take precautions: 1. Insist that the mix the shot with lidocaine, 2. Ice it when you get home, ice it before bed. I got it in the left arm and I was rock climbing the next day. Symptoms decreased significantly 6 hours after the shot."

DrippyPeepee (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2017

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I am only putting this out here so it can help others that have been or are in my same situation. I was seen 4 days ago for which I thought was a UTI. It was extremely painful and they prescribed be Bactrim, a 3 day supply. After taking 3 pills I was getting worse. My doctor finally called me back and wanted me in right away. I had literally no control over my bladder. I was in excruciating pain, and couldn't help but cry. The doctor told me I had tested positive for an STD as well as a UTI and I was on the wrong medication. I was given the Rocephin shot and prescribed another antiobiotic. It is now day 2 since the shot and I feel much better. I'm still in some pain but I'm hoping it goes away soon!"

Li ko (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Very good medicine."

karnin (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2017

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bacterial Infection: "Had 103+ fever on and off for three days. Went to ER, tests were done and IV Rocephin administered before results came back. Walked out of the hospital with no fever."

Mike Nichols (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: "I have COPD and other lung issues. For two weeks I received two shots a week. At first it seemed to help with little side effects. By the third shot did not seem like it was working anymore. Fourth shot caused severe side effects. I broke out in itchy rash head to toe, my throat was starting to constrict combined with a "sick" feeling getting worse as day went on.; Ended up in ER with throat constriction and difficulty breathing. Several hours of oxygen and Benedryl I was released. I will NEVER take this med again. I still have the lung and heart sac infection!"

pens1 July 4, 2017

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bacterial Infection: "I just got the shot of rocephin in the doctors office today I had been on oral antibiotic for a brown recluse spider bit I can tell a difference after getting the shot today my finger looks much better. I haven't had this shot since I was a baby."

Anonymous June 24, 2017

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a shot after several days of a UTI. It cleared the UTI quickly (in addition to oral antibiotics) but the lump at the shot site is still there! It's been over a month and I can still feel the lump under my skin. Slightly painful to the touch."

Emmaline73 May 30, 2017

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Bacterial Infection: "I have been suffering from chronic sore throats for over a year and have had a horrible time with ups and downs of feeling well and then suddenly sick to the point where I had to miss work, like death. Doctors kept telling me "oh it's just a virus and will pass". It always came back. Finally my doctor tried a shot of Rocephin and it started to work within a couple HOURS. I still felt sick the next day and had to miss work and wound up in ER the following evening due to extreme migraine headache, high BP, nausea but I think it was from the doxycycline that was also given to me to take orally. Was a VERY rough night. But the next day I felt 100% better and I've been feeling so much healthier since. Like a miracle!"

Chronic sore throat sufferer (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2017

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated: "I have aniexty really bad and feared a bad side effect. After 3 days of worry I took the shot. Nothing happens just a pain in butt. It's fast. Just do it"

Mike918 February 3, 2017

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: "My 11 yr old had 102 temp for 2 days, achy all over. Day 3 104. Went to clinic. Negative for flu and strep and white count normal. Advised to push fluids and treat fever. Day 4 temp 105. Went back to clinic. Urinary Analysis shows raging UTI and now she's really dehydrated. Had 2 options, shot of rocephin, push fluids and start oral antibiotics but if not better by morning she'd be admitted to hospital. Or just admit her right then. We went with the shot. Within an hour I saw vast improvements. Fever has not been above 100.5, pain is better, drinking better and even managed to eat a little bit and work on 4 days of homework! Would definitely recommend rocephin!"

RelievedMama January 26, 2017

Rocephin (ceftriaxone) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Had a severe UTI that didn't respond to Macrobid or Ceftin. My doctor ordered a shot of Rocephin, this is a miracle drug! The horrible pain I've had for over a week was gone in a few hours. I would definitely recommend this and would take it again even though the injection was a little painful!"

kwaggs January 21, 2017

For Pelvic Inflammatory Disease: "I was given an injection of ceftriaxone two days ago for pelvic inflammatory disease. A few hours after I received the injection, I suddenly felt lightheaded and dizzy and needed to lay down. When I woke up, I had terrible diarrhea. I ended up spending the entire night violently ill, getting intense hot flashes before vomiting, and then getting so cold that I was shivering uncontrollably. I vomited 6 times, and my body (especially my legs) is still in so much pain. My green discharge seems to have improved, but my pelvic pain is actually much worse now, because of how much pain I'm in after vomiting and shivering. My boyfriend and I had the same food and he was not sick, and a nurse told me this is a rare reaction to this injection."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2016