User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 2 reviews 68 medications

Prostatitis 28 reviews 48 medications

4.3
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 409 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I experience 1-3 UTI a year. This drug gives me relief within a few hours of first dose. No side effects to report. Just drink a ton of water with it which helps a UTI anyway."

TreeB February 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Prostatitis: "30 year old male healthy no problems. Diagnosed a few weeks ago with a prostate infection and the doctor prescribed 10 day course of Cipro. I had noticeable improvement of symptoms in just a few hours. Cipro is an extremely potent antibiotic but you're about to find out the reason I only gave this med a 5. Cipro is also EXTREMELY dangerous to some people. And you won't know until you take it if it's YOU this med will destroy. Prescribed 500mg cipro 2x daily. After taking second pill my heart started skipping beats and every joint in my body started making "popping" noises. Immediately stopped medication but it was to late. I couldn't walk for 2 weeks. I also went through months of hell. Perephrial neuropathy, anxiety attacks, tremors."

OyVeyGoyim February 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a mild UTI that I was trying to treat naturally, but it didn't go away. So, I was forced to try an antibiotic. I was prescribed Cipro for 5 days. I had no side effects at all and felt 100% by day 3. I continued taking them through the 5th day even though all symptoms were already gone."

Del1979 February 12, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Infectious Diarrhea: "If you get watery diarrhea while taking this medication, see your doctor immediately. I tend to ignore physical problems, so I don't know how long I had C diff before it was diagnosed. I do know it took well over a year to beat C diff and I don't want anyone to go through that. C diff is not caused by any antibiotic, but some antibiotics help it get serious. (I probably was exposed in a hospital.) It doesn't always respond to treatment. After several hospitalizations for dehydration and hypokalemia, I was put on several IV antibiotics. I don't like to take antibiotics, and I really didn't like IV antibiotics. If your doctor says you have C diff, ask all the questions that come to mind. Follow your doctor's instructions exactly."

Ciara16 February 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I went to the hospital Tuesday night because of stomach pain an I felt nauseous. They told me I had a bad UTI and some of the infection was in my kidneys that's why I was so nauseous so they prescribed me cipro I have 500 mg 20 tabs it say take one tablet twice a day but it lack to say how many hrs apart. This has been my worst experience ever!!! An I really hate this drug . Every time I take it I'm throwing up I've been able to eat a VERY LITTLE more than I was but I haven't really eaten for the past 4 days I been throwing up everything .It makes my stomach hurt an makes it hard for me to fall asleep. I have another week worth of pills but I'd rather die than take these pills. Also is it best to eat b4."

MyaCee (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This drug, like so many countless victims before me, has so effectively degraded my quality of life that I simply lack words to describe how important it is to be cautious before consumption of this deadly poison. I had a simple UTI at the age of 17; two weeks later my head began to throb and tingle. My hands were in so much unexplainable pain. I had never experienced anything like this at all before in my life. Also, I had just recently triumphed over a five year battle with anorexia, going from 76 lbs to 105lbs - looking forward to a healthy future. Now, I experience this nonstop, chronic pain all over my body. I am only 18. Definitely a 0.5 out of 10, to be quite honest with you lot."

Jaina Sedek February 1, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "Second time I am taking this. I am on day 4 of a 5-day prescription. The only side effect I seem to have is an occasional kidney spasm on the right, but who is to say that the medication is causing it? The only thing I would say is that you should always eat something prior to taking your dosage. I forgot once and had a stomach ache for about 30 minutes. I think many people imagine some side effects because they read forums like this and then imagine every little itch is a side effect and they become paranoid. I believe this is a good fast acting medication and I have had no yeast infections from this either, when almost every other antibiotic I have taken did result in yeast infections. I guess I am lucky."

groot77 January 31, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "After reading the good and bad reviews I thought I would give it a go. Never again! I was ok for about 2 days.. on the third day I couldn't stop vomiting, i felt like I couldn't breath properly and was dizzy. Just thinking about these tablets one year on and I feel nauseous!"

Anntonella January 29, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have a UTI and Bladder Infection. Bad side effects!!! - stomach ache - insomnia - lots of gas - headaches Hate this..."

hasbrogrl74 (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I started taking the ciprofloxacin and was very sick within hours of the first dose nauseous, dizzy ,diarrhea, shortnees of breathe and stopped taking it but still very sick with flu like symptoms! I do not recommended this antibiotic to anyone!"

Ilee (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Despite all the side effects that are plaguing other users, I believe Cipro is worth a try - it is the most effective antibiotic I have been prescribed for UTI, and I experience little to no side effects. The only time I tried to take Macrobid, I experienced fever, nausea, muscle pain, dizziness, and had to call in sick to work last-minute because I'd slept through the whole day prior. So considering alternatives, I trust Cipro for MY use."

SavSav January 23, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Kidney Infections: "I was rushed to the emergency room with a Kidney Infection and I was prescribed this to help treat the Urinary Tract Infection, the worst part was definitely the side effects, I've had extreme nausea and bloating pains, they have been unbearable. I must say the medicine really works! After I finished my antibiotics it was completely gone - I was more than surprised, I still have some side effects now (I got off medicine two days ago) but they aren't as severe as before. If you're up for the task definitely take it because it works just some obstacles in the process"

JesseJJjj January 22, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Terrible fatigue and dizziness. Stomach cramps"

VLM-53 January 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was panicked reading all these reviews but it worked great for me and got rid of my Uti after 3 other useless antibiotics. Bit of usual antibiotic side effects eg stomach pain but nothing really bad and nothing that lasted."

Katiekatt (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Before the drug, I had several days of progressively worsening symptoms, not knowing what a UTI felt like (mine was not "burning", no blood, but felt like a very painful uterine contraction). The pain was so bad it kept me up all night. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with a "very bad" UTI. After 2 days of 2x 500 mg ciprofloxacin, I started to feel better, and after 3 days, I felt nearly fully recovered. However the potential side effects really worried me and my body started to ache. I was too scared to continue and decided based on the charts of dosages, that I would stop taking the medication after the 4th day. Although it is VERY effective, I will ask for something different next time that has less side effects."

BonnieTulip (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a very terrible UTI almost 7 yrs.ago and My urinalysis test revealed that my bacterial rate was above 100 which was way above normal! After just 2 days of taking doc's prescriptn.,Cipro, I was in good shape again like nothing happened!..I was really amazed coz a few days before, I was in great pain, I had the worst fevers of my life and I could hardly even get on my feet!..Since then, only mild UTI has came back and that was only during my pregnancy which is common for pregnants and that was it!..Cipro did a great job for me, no any side effect as far I could remember and it's very much cheaper too!.."

Nelg_005 January 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "This drug put me in the hospital for 3 weeks in the burn unit. My skin blistered and peeled off and the condition developed into Toxic epidermal necrolysis (TENS) - which can be fatal. The hospital said they see cases of this all the time - which is why the FDA black boxed the drug. FDA protects the drug manufacturer, pharmacy protects the drug manufacturer with side-effect disclaimers (everything to cover all possibilities). Malpractice insurers hold seminars to help protect the doctors and drug manufacturers. Drug manufacturers get away with well death or distruction. If a restaurant served food that killed a few people or consumer product (they would be shut down immediately). These warnings are worthless as they are on everything now."

cipro burns January 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "In 2011 a doctor prescribed this medication for my 82 year ol mother for a severe UTI... given in lieu of hospitalization. Within an hour of the first dose she became very ill, nauseated and vomiting. She was taken by ambulance to the hospital where her heart stopped. During the next two days on life support her systems began to fail. She died the morning of the second day. Doctors would not contribute her sudden illness and death to the medication, but there is no other explanation. We discovered later that this drug is not recommended for older people. I can only say that a healthy woman died after taking one dose. Her cause of death was listed as heart failure & renal failure, but no cause for either. Ask for an alternative treat"

SorryinVa December 31, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bladder Infection: "I'm taking Novo Cipro for a bladder/kidney infection. I have to take 1 pill, twice a day, 12 hours apart. I think it's working because when I went to the hospital and got diagnosed I could barely walk. 5 days later, I'm fully upright again. & I think I can thank the Cipro & my hot water bag for that! However, there are so many side effects. When I'm not keeling over from the pain from my bladder infection, the abdominal pains set in. I also have a terrible cramp/swelling in my left wrist & arm. The first 3-4 days on this medication, I was exhausted. I could not stay awake for the life of me. My back was hurting, my whole body felt sore. I had a fever, cold sweats at night & migraines!! Terrible migraines!!"

Eliiii December 20, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Kidney Infections: "I doubt that people on here will know that I am writing to them, but all of them need to seek holistic treatment for their chronic UTI/kidney problems quickly. There is an underlying problem causing urinary infections, possibly an auto immune disease. I know I have had similar issues. I found a holistic chiropractor who has better understanding of how the body all works together, so a rash on your arm might mean a depleted immunity. There are numerous treatments for UTIs that are available at natural sites, such as silver. Mainstream medicine will never find the cause of your problems. It will only treat your symptoms with dangerous drugs."

SusanGeoria (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Infection: "took 1 pill, lips swelled up like bee sting, cold sores covering complete lip area short term. long term still can not smell anything except nasty metal smell all the time, also cannot taste anything I eat, nasty metal taste in mouth all the time, no matter what I eat or drink, it is December took pill in early August 2016"

vmouse (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had UTI two years ago, I had prescribed myself Cipro. It was very painful UTI. I felt better within less than 24 hours. CIPRO is amazing antibiotic for UTI. I never had any side effects. Reading others experience is scary. I am currently on cipro again since yesterday because I have UTI again. 500 mg every 12 hours. I had 3 pills so far. No noticeable side effects. If don't feel improvement yet. I hope my UTI clear up completely by end of the treatment course (5 days)."

Big beast (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bladder Infection: "Prescribed 7 day treatment for UTI, (2x/day), of Ciprofloxacin 500mg, two months after 6 week course of BCG infusions for bladder cancer. Only took 11 pills then stopped because of warnings of possible side effects. Then about two weeks after that, started to have pains in right side around right kidney area. Now this week my left side kidney area is aching. Dr. is out of town 'til Monday the 28th of Nov."

Gliderbill November 27, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I get chronic UTI's and kidney infections. I recently found out that my chronic infections have led to scarring of my left kidney and both ureters so I go in for a cystoscopy and Videourodynamics in December. Cipro is the only thing that works for me. It works fast too. I usually get bad headaches with this medicine, but I am prone to headaches as well...lucky me. I always make sure I take good probiotics when I am on this medicine to replenish the gut flora. Bactrim is weak and never works...Cipro is the only thing that works for me and my body. Everyone's body is different so do your research and talk to your doctor about your concerns."

Annie BananaHead November 17, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bladder Infection: "8 years ago I had a UTI so bad the 1st round of antibiotics didnt work & that became apparent when blood in my urine was visible to me at home & still in a world of pain. Fortunately they took a culture my 1st visit to discover the bacteria I had would not be killed by what was perscribed....no duh! So they gave me Cipro & within an hour I felt relief. Fast forward 8 years, same situation but exasperated by too much sirracha (chilli sauce), I woke up with pains of a bad UTI. Ran to the doc, I had been drinking too much water for them to detect leukocytes & nitrates but detected blood and sent the culture to the lab. She prophylacticly perscribed Cipro & UTI was gone. I noticed little side effects, maybe some light headedness & tireness but thats about it."

Uti no more.... (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2016