User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 3 reviews 70 medications

Prostatitis 34 reviews 48 medications

4.3
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 486 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Worst experience I've ever had. Doctor prescribed me it for a UTI and within a day of taking it i started feeling sooo down. I've never been like that in my life. I couldn't get out of bed, I'd stare at the walls for days and didn't sleep at all. My mind was constantly racing with bad thoughts and I honestly thought my life was over. This may sound extreme but it is a true reflection of what happened to me from taking this drug. I was taken off it because of this and it did take me at least 2 weeks after to actually get my mind back - which I thought I was losing. Everything is all good now, but I honestly think this drug is dangerous. I'm scared to think what could of happened if I carried on taking this."

JBurnzy (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "Caused severe stomach pain. And have nausea and hemmoroids ongoing. Try something else."

AdyH September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection: "Was sick for almost 2 months, had swollen lymph nodes , fevers every night for over a month... Diarrhea for 10 days and had lost 22 pounds in one month. I was so weak I could barely walk.. I even broke out in a rash all over my body for like 3 days. I felt like I lost hope. I went to the doctors and they found a stomach bacteria. (After almost 2 months) The gave me two bags of saline solution because I was severely dehydrated and prescribed Cyprofloaxin. I've been on cyprofloaxin for about 4 days and it has helped me out tremendously. After that I can eat normally and drink normally and even walk and go out and enjoy time with my girlfriend. This antibiotic is like magic. I don't know what I would do without it. I highly recommend"

Jimmy c1 September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Not long after taking this antibiotic in the hospital ER, my pain subsided. Before that, I had my first ever UTI at 29 years old, probably due to dehydration from failing to drink enough water on the Keto diet. Before that, I was urinating blood and chunks of white tissue. I was prescribed 2 weeks of this antibiotic twice a day at 500mg each. I have one day left and while I have had bad headaches, more importantly I still sometimes feel burning when urinating, so I don't even feel like it's totally working. I got off the Keto diet and have been drinking plenty of water since starting the antibiotics and I have avoided dairy like the plague around the time I need to take the pill. I never take antibiotics so I don't think I'm resistant."

Micra (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "This drug is very dangerous too many and should only be used when there are no other options. I took it several times for back to back UTI's. It caused tremors, insomnia, burning, tingling, numbness and severe muscle twitching in my legs. These symptoms lasted for months!!!!"

Cindymer (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "The side effects out way the benefits. Vomiting for days and then joint pain , swelling and out of control pain in hand and foot for days. Had to go to walk in clinic and then doctor's office. Had to miss work . Do not take this medicine !"

Talkin September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Started taking Cipro for UTI two days ago, 2 x 500mg per day. Side effects include headache that won't go away. Tingling, burning sensation, - couldn't sleep 2nd night and had to take a PM tylenol for headache and sleep. It worked. I have call into Dr. for next steps."

chodan1 (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis: "I have taken Cipro many times over 40+ years with excellent results for chronic bronchitis when other antibiotics failed to work.. So far have not had any side effects."

jetzt (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection: "I got a hernia from lifting a suitcase we suspect. The hernia was inguinal . At the same time I had a smaller one in the abdominal wall . It was untreated for some time ( over a month ) as I didn't notice it . I'm not sexual. The doctor said this is not uncommon in males over 40 . Discovered all this after an ultrasound .Non sexual Epididimitus , from urinary infection . Rx Cipro , immediate abdominal bloat , sluggish and exhausted feeling , and Nausea . 2 Times / po / daily ... Ugh ...research into WHY is needed"

Ughseriously August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Kidney Infections: "I was put on Cipro for an acute kidney infection (not UTI, actual Pylephronetis (sp)) 6 days ago, due to be a 7 day course in which I was told I would start feeling better by the 3rd day. I am on day 6 and I am worse off than before starting this antibiotic. My fever is fluctuating between 99-102.5, I feel like I've been hit by a train--I actually feel worse than when I had swine flu in 09!--and I feel like I'm being punched in the kidneys (former MMA, been punched in kidneys before, know what it feels like) constantly. Would not recommend Cipro for kidney infection"

CiproSux (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "Hi! So I went to the doctor after 10 days of a terrible UTI. Baking soda, AZO and the generic version, cranberry tablets and juice, lots of water, applied heat and NOTHING helped. My doctor started me on Bactria DS which after 7 days of taking this we discovered I was allergic to the antibiotic so for that week it wasn't helping. My body was rejecting it. I was constipated for 2 weeks, throwing up and broke out with a chest rash. My UTI felt like it was getting worse and like it would never end. I got a culture done at the doctors my second visit and I was put on Cirpofloaxin for 10 days. After the 2nd pill I felt immediate relief. I'm still taking them but on day 4 it was completely gone. $4 later, Im better! :)"

Hannah1405 August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "If you are taking Ciprofloxacin ask your doctor to prescribe you Ondansetron 4MG along with it. It will stop you from wanting to throw up as well as not having diarrhea."

Tom420 August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have only taken 3 cipro 750 and my stomach is so uncomfortable I can't sit comfortably. Constant burping, muscle pain, leg tremors. Stopping immediately."

Yvonne s August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "Earlier uses were no trouble and worked. The problem is that it depletes your system of magnesium and then your tendons just shred. The effect is cumulative, the more often you take it the more likely it is to hurt you. Be very careful and only take when there isn't an alternative. I have been suffering for three months from the damage it did and it didn't cure the UTI."

Triggs (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed this medication for twice a day for 10 days and on day 5, I had a tremor on my right hand and right after, my right arm and leg went numb. It was horrifying to experience especially because I am currently under getting a diagnosis if there being something wrong with my heart. So I didn't know if it was the pills or my heart until I started doing more research on the pill and tremors were a serious side effect. Yes I feel my UTI has gone away but I would NOT take again and I am still currently taking them but I'm going to talk with my doctor because I no longer want to use these drugs. Beside the tremor and numbness, I also became very tired, headaches, muscle pains, and nausea. Truly terrible to feel this way. I do not recommend."

KeileySJ August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I am a 67 year old female with no history of UTI until last week. PA prescribed Cipro 250. I can't sleep, I am having horrible heartburn, belching & burning. I have 3 tabs left & will finish taking because has helped the UTI. But I will not take again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Was prescribed 2 ciprofloxacin 500 per day for 10 days.medication started working after 6 day.never managed to fully cure the infection.but left me with pens and needles sensation in my legs,lower abdomen and back"

Paul792 August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "Cipro is a Fluoroqunilone. The FDA has issued a Black Box Warning -- the most severe warning it can issue -- on all Fluoroquinolone antibiotics because they cause so many horrible, longterm side effects (like permanent tendonitis on multiple parts of the body) that may take years to come to light."

TPera (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "No huge side effects yet. Just took third dose. I already have anxiety so that side effect I can deal with. Hoping my UTI will start clearing up soon. This is my first time taking this drug. I will comment back with results and updates in a few days. 30 year old male."

Bill0987 August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diverticulitis: "Thought I was going to die taking Ciprofloxacin for my diverticulitis. Shortly after taking I would become increasingly warm, cheeks bright red, intense chest pain and short of breath. I had taken this medication twice before and didn't recall this side effect (Levaquin made me agitated). I made sure to separate my meds by over a hour to see which one in fact it was giving me the problem. Yikes"

Ms Krissy August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prostatitis: "It eliminated my prostatitis but left me with plantar fasciitis in both feet & tendinitis in my arm. I used to play tennis twice a week without any tendon issues. I was on cipro for 30 days twice a day and 2 months later still have plantar fasciitis in both feet after doing nothing but walking."

Snow wolf (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Kidney Infections: "Took Cipro for 7 days for a kidney infection. It is now 3 weeks later and Cipro has wrecked my ability to walk. Tendons tighten up and Achilles begins to throb instantly. Sitting on couch hoping this isn't permanent? I would never take this drug."

Chad46 July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Was in severe pain in both my UTI and my Kidneys, doctor immediately gave me Cipro as I am allergic to the sulfa drug she normally prescribes. Two pills a day for 5 days. After my second dose on day one, I literally felt zero pain and could finally empty my bladder completely. It was very late at night, but still day one none the less, Thank God for Cipro and my doctor"

Hbgala2 (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Was prescribed 6 over 3 day no appetite severe burning of my sinuses slow working"

Anonymous July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Everyone reacts differently to medications. For me, Cipro is always a fast acting antibiotic. I've only taken it a few times for severe UTI's/kidney infections, and it helped tremendously within the first few days. With the amount of pain I've gotten from UTI's, I'd be willing to risk the crazy side effects that some people have had. I rarely take antibiotics unless I have to. This one will treat just about anything and I've only experienced a few minor side effects like nausea, dizziness, agitation, headache, fatigue, and stomach upset. Nothing too crazy."

bm1248 (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017