User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease

Prostatitis
4.1

Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 6.9 498 reviews

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

For Urinary Tract Infection: "On holiday in Thailand when I came down with a severe UTI I have regular UTI at home and my doctor usually prescribed Macrobid which works fine for me after we went into 3 pharmacies we quickly realised they don’t seem to stock macrobid only cirpofloxacin so after googling and looking into I decided to buy. This was evening. The first tablet worked fast and the burning sensation was gone overnight I didn’t experience any symptoms so in morning I took the second tablet however I was quickly struck with nausea and slight shaking so I have decided that although the antibiotic seems to work for the infection I do not want to risk any severe side effects so will continue drinking lots of water and if it has not gone will see doctor at home instead"

Becca20177 November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I took this medication for a simple UTI a year and a half ago and have been disabled ever since. Who would have thought an antibiotic could cause full body musculoskeletal damage and central nervous system damage for a lifetime after only taking it for 7 days? I was a 24 year old geologist, avid hiker and world traveller, and now I am a disabled 25 year old who had to move back in with her parents because I need help with every task in my life. I lost all my muscle strength and muscle tone. All my collagen is gone. The medication made me lose 10 lbs in just 4 days, and I only weighed 102 to begin with. My hands are numb and weak. I constantly feel like I have a bad case of the flu now, and I am allergic to eggs and chicken due to the med."

InjuredByCiproAndAngry (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prostatitis: "Didn't have the prostatitis this was prescribed for, did however suffer from side affects for the past 3.5 months. Have just finally been able to walk around normally, still can't carry heavy things or exert myself. This is poison, avoid if you can. They don't give out black box warnings to every drug, do your research and don't take this medication unless absolutely necessary I took 3 1000mg pills , dose of 1 per day"

Haroon A November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prostatitis: "Have moderate prostatitis. Prescribed Cipro for 1 month. Helped slightly, but at least condition didn't worsen. Had NO side-effects. Dr. switched me to Doxycycline. Slight improvement first 3 weeks. More improvement week 4 and 5. PSA and symptoms continue to decline. Some experts recommend a longer anti-biotic course for prostatitis.... up to 12 weeks, because of difficulty drugs have penetrating the prostate gland."

Anonymous November 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prostatitis: "Symptoms of prostatitis will go away, but the side effects are no joke. I started my cycle AFTER finding all of the reviews online. After 4 doses of 2 week supply I called the nurse practitioner who wrote the script and told her I'm done. If you research online you'll find that Cipro is one of the big guns in anti biotics, so if your primary suggest it to you right off the bat, ask for options."

Mr mister (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I started off with having a yeast infection and I tried treating it as such. Then I got symptoms of a UTI. Horrible burning, itchy sensation. I started taking Cipro on Friday, 2 days ago, and I'm still having issues. I don't know if it's working or not because just when I think it's getting better then blood will show up and I don't think it's menstrual blood. I'll probably have to go back to the doctor at some point. And now my labia hurts, I'm walking funny and freaking ashamed to go out of my room!! This is awful!!"

poisonivy7 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "Only took one 500mg cipro tab, felt weird and drowsy, fell asleep. My gut instinct told me this drug isn't right. After reading of the devastating impact it has had on so many, I'm not taking anymore! Thank goodness for your posts. My legs do feel bit numb thats after taking one tablet! Also I felt sick briefly and hot flush in heart and head. I will try cranberry juice :) Failing that I will try another antibiotic not from this class."

MScMD (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed cipro by my urologist after getting repeated UTI's every year (a lot, over 5 a year and they are incredibly debilitating and painful). Cipro works immediately, either the same day if you take it in the morning or the day after if you take it at night. Take it with food and water and take AZO for pain relief and you should be good. The only side effect I have is nausea, but it's not too bad. I recommend cipro for those with repeated UTIs."

Chronic UTI Sufferer (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I took this med for an UTI and I developed a severe chronic back pain I also still have abdominal pain."

blaclaud (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Absolutely NEVER take this med unless there is nothing else that will work! That goes for Levaquin or any of the other flouroquinolone medicines.!!! They can cause dangerous toxic poisoning. I finally found that I am 99% likely to have this. I just didn't realize what was causing the problems I have had for a long time. But after taking Cipro off and on for a long time I finally have figured out I have been floxed. Now for the long road to healing....."

rnl111 (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "This drug is a miracle. I was prescribed Cipro for 7 days after an Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL) treatment for a 9 mm kidney stone. I didn't take the Citro till day number 5, and there was a lot of blood. As soon as I started taking the Citro, the bleeding mostly stopped. In regards to side effects, I just feel a bit light headed, that's about all."

JohnN19873 September 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "Excellent stuff! Suffered for a few weeks and Cipro fixed with results seen as soon as only one day. Lower back pain also gone. A wonder drug!"

jamezers123 September 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Worst experience I've ever had. Doctor prescribed me it for a UTI and within a day of taking it i started feeling sooo down. I've never been like that in my life. I couldn't get out of bed, I'd stare at the walls for days and didn't sleep at all. My mind was constantly racing with bad thoughts and I honestly thought my life was over. This may sound extreme but it is a true reflection of what happened to me from taking this drug. I was taken off it because of this and it did take me at least 2 weeks after to actually get my mind back - which I thought I was losing. Everything is all good now, but I honestly think this drug is dangerous. I'm scared to think what could of happened if I carried on taking this."

JBurnzy (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "Caused severe stomach pain. And have nausea and hemmoroids ongoing. Try something else."

AdyH September 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection: "Was sick for almost 2 months, had swollen lymph nodes , fevers every night for over a month... Diarrhea for 10 days and had lost 22 pounds in one month. I was so weak I could barely walk.. I even broke out in a rash all over my body for like 3 days. I felt like I lost hope. I went to the doctors and they found a stomach bacteria. (After almost 2 months) The gave me two bags of saline solution because I was severely dehydrated and prescribed Cyprofloaxin. I've been on cyprofloaxin for about 4 days and it has helped me out tremendously. After that I can eat normally and drink normally and even walk and go out and enjoy time with my girlfriend. This antibiotic is like magic. I don't know what I would do without it. I highly recommend"

Jimmy c1 September 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Not long after taking this antibiotic in the hospital ER, my pain subsided. Before that, I had my first ever UTI at 29 years old, probably due to dehydration from failing to drink enough water on the Keto diet. Before that, I was urinating blood and chunks of white tissue. I was prescribed 2 weeks of this antibiotic twice a day at 500mg each. I have one day left and while I have had bad headaches, more importantly I still sometimes feel burning when urinating, so I don't even feel like it's totally working. I got off the Keto diet and have been drinking plenty of water since starting the antibiotics and I have avoided dairy like the plague around the time I need to take the pill. I never take antibiotics so I don't think I'm resistant."

Micra (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "This drug is very dangerous too many and should only be used when there are no other options. I took it several times for back to back UTI's. It caused tremors, insomnia, burning, tingling, numbness and severe muscle twitching in my legs. These symptoms lasted for months!!!!"

Cindymer (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "The side effects out way the benefits. Vomiting for days and then joint pain , swelling and out of control pain in hand and foot for days. Had to go to walk in clinic and then doctor's office. Had to miss work . Do not take this medicine !"

Talkin September 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Started taking Cipro for UTI two days ago, 2 x 500mg per day. Side effects include headache that won't go away. Tingling, burning sensation, - couldn't sleep 2nd night and had to take a PM tylenol for headache and sleep. It worked. I have call into Dr. for next steps."

chodan1 (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis: "I have taken Cipro many times over 40+ years with excellent results for chronic bronchitis when other antibiotics failed to work.. So far have not had any side effects."

jetzt (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection: "I got a hernia from lifting a suitcase we suspect. The hernia was inguinal . At the same time I had a smaller one in the abdominal wall . It was untreated for some time ( over a month ) as I didn't notice it . I'm not sexual. The doctor said this is not uncommon in males over 40 . Discovered all this after an ultrasound .Non sexual Epididimitus , from urinary infection . Rx Cipro , immediate abdominal bloat , sluggish and exhausted feeling , and Nausea . 2 Times / po / daily ... Ugh ...research into WHY is needed"

Ughseriously August 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Kidney Infections: "I was put on Cipro for an acute kidney infection (not UTI, actual Pylephronetis (sp)) 6 days ago, due to be a 7 day course in which I was told I would start feeling better by the 3rd day. I am on day 6 and I am worse off than before starting this antibiotic. My fever is fluctuating between 99-102.5, I feel like I've been hit by a train--I actually feel worse than when I had swine flu in 09!--and I feel like I'm being punched in the kidneys (former MMA, been punched in kidneys before, know what it feels like) constantly. Would not recommend Cipro for kidney infection"

CiproSux (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "Hi! So I went to the doctor after 10 days of a terrible UTI. Baking soda, AZO and the generic version, cranberry tablets and juice, lots of water, applied heat and NOTHING helped. My doctor started me on Bactria DS which after 7 days of taking this we discovered I was allergic to the antibiotic so for that week it wasn't helping. My body was rejecting it. I was constipated for 2 weeks, throwing up and broke out with a chest rash. My UTI felt like it was getting worse and like it would never end. I got a culture done at the doctors my second visit and I was put on Cirpofloaxin for 10 days. After the 2nd pill I felt immediate relief. I'm still taking them but on day 4 it was completely gone. $4 later, Im better! :)"

Hannah1405 August 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "If you are taking Ciprofloxacin ask your doctor to prescribe you Ondansetron 4MG along with it. It will stop you from wanting to throw up as well as not having diarrhea."

Tom420 August 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have only taken 3 cipro 750 and my stomach is so uncomfortable I can't sit comfortably. Constant burping, muscle pain, leg tremors. Stopping immediately."

Yvonne s August 19, 2017