User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin systemic

Surgical Prophylaxis

1 review 60 medications
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 5.6 604 reviews

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

For Sinusitis: "Horrible antibiotics, took first pill at 5pm had loud ringing in left ear, 4 days later still faintly ringing. Also had nightmares all night. Didn't take another pill next day, went back to doctors and asked for a different one. Way too strong for me, glad I was wise to not finish these antibiotics"

Mystique (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I took Cipro for my infected ingrowth toenail. After the 3rd day in the evening, I woke up with a huge pain behind my knee/ thigh. I felt like something popped. The shooting pain goes straight down to my left ankle. My feet were numb and felt pins and needle. I read FDA about this medicine. I was so mad that no doctor or pharmactist tell me about the black box. No warning on the bottle. I called my primary doctor and met him. He checked to make sure I don't have any ruptures. He thinks it might be a muscle stain. But I am still in pain in my left knee down to my ankle. I hope it will go away??"

AC (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2018

For Sinusitis: "After taking just 1 pill, a few hours later had severe ringing in left ear which practically lasted all night, nightmares when I finally fell asleep. No way was I going to carry on. I went back to the Doctor the next morning and asked for a different antibiotics. Still have slight tinnitus 2 days after, so lucky I didn't carry on obviously this antibiotics were too strong for me."

Mystique December 8, 2018

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Cipro antibiotic gave me clostridium difficile colitis ... It was too harsh on the stomach and I was taking it for a sinus infection."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2018

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "First of all I am a Certified Pharmacy Tech, I have taken Cipro so many times in the past for ear infections, UTIs, sinusitis and whatever else. Well that ALL changed! I was taking it for my sinuses and an ear infection. Just about as soon as I swallowed the pill I started breaking out in a rash and welts all over my body. I looked like I had been chemical burn, not to mention the itching! I let the pharmacy manager look at me and she said you are highly allergic to Cipro. I had never had a reaction like that before in the past. I don’t know if they changed up the chemicals to it or what. To this day I can’t even count out Cipro if a patient has a script for it!! I will immediately break out in welts on my hands and start scratching if any of the powder gets on my skin. I can’t even touch the stock bottle it’s that bad."

NotForMe November 15, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "This drug has destroyed my life . I have been in and out of hospitals in the last month because of this . I have nerve damage and gastritis from cipro !! Wish I did research before I took this drug ."

Shannon (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2018

For Prostatitis: "I was prescribed Cipro for a suspected case of prostatitis. After 3 days my ankles started feeling stiff. The morning of the day 4 my feet, ankles and my Achilles started feeling tight and I called my doc. Got off of it and switched to doxycycline. I'm 35, very healthy. In fact this was my first time going to a doctor in nearly 20 years. I was a 3 sport athlete in high school and I haven't had any issues with my joints and legs until I took this drug. I just hope my symptoms go away after a few days, I don't want to live the rest of my life with weak feeling feet/ankles. Ask your doctor for alternative treatments before taking Cipro."

Rob (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2018

For Traveler's Diarrhea: "I had travellers diarrhoea or some kind of gastro intestinal infection. And was prescribed antibiotics, buscopan and diorlyte which just made me worse. The first day after taking cipro I still felt bad, vomiting, really bad diarrhoea. But after the second/third day I feel almost back to normal again, my stomach pain was so bad I did not sleep barely two hours in two days and only drank water and ate dried food like toast rice banana, now I’m eating normally regaining energy and feeling good again. Works differently for everybody, worked a miracle for me."

Dave (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2018

For Pneumonia with Cystic Fibrosis: "I've taken cipro for many years never had any problems, when I am on the 750mg they make me a little out of it for a few days but afterwards I feel fine. Second choice after flucloxacillin"

Xx (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 19, 2018

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was on Cipro for a long time with all kinds of negative side effects and the infection just kept recurring. Went to a new doctor, Integrative Medicine, he told me to take d-mannose every morning & every, night one pill. The urinary tract infection cleared up quickly and the only time it got bad again is if I foolishly forget to take the d-mannose. Check it out"

#notthis (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

For Prostatitis: "47 year old male been taking cipro 250mg on and off for many years as I have chronic prostatitis due to an enlarged prostate. On my second 30 day prescription taking 2 tablets per day and wondering if anyone has experienced chest discomfort as a side effect? This is new to me and find it gets worse after peeing for some reason?"

Bothersome October 11, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "After ONE, 500mg, pill I was rushed to the ER with eye pain, vision loss. Vision returned after a couple of weeks, but abnormal swelling has persisted around the orbital area since, I have an appointment with a specialists scheduled. Also, worth mentioning, my joints hurt and blood vessels were bursting with any form of movement, that lasted for 2 months before I got better. Some people never recover and are crippled for life, I have just read about stories on the floxie hope site. This poison does not have TWO black label warnings from the FDA for nothing. This is a tragic medicine, should not even be on the market!"

Janna (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2018

For Sinusitis: "I have taken this drug many times due to my allergies to most families of antibiotics. I have always tolerated it generally well, however the last two times I took it, I had extreme anxiety and panic attacks, as well as feeling like crying even though I wasn't sad. The first time I completed my dose and assumed it was my anxiety disorder causing it. I felt better and better the next week or two after I was done with my dose, but didn't connect the two. However the next time I took the medication, I felt the exact same. Extremely anxious to the point where Klonopin wouldn't calm me down, and sadness for no reason. I stopped after 3 days in and noticed a great decrease in mental symptoms the next day, dissipating within a week or so. I am lucky to have no physical symptoms, as I still work out almost daily and had no tendon issues or soreness, however due to all of the complaints from others, and the mental effects it had on me, I won't take it again."

john October 8, 2018

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Pneumonia: "I was put on a course of cipro to treat bacterial pneumonia. I have COPD so frequent lung infections are common. I am currently taking 500mg two times a day for two weeks. I have completed one week already. I am not liking the side affects of the antibiotic at all. I was told that this is the only antibiotic that will treat my infection. However; I have also been experiencing severe pounding headaches & tremors. I am not buying that this is the only antibiotic to treat my pneumonia. This is a very dangerous drug that can cause you a lot of problems. As listed in the side affects it can cause you to have tremors & headaches. It can also cause muscle & tendon damage by detaching your tendons & muscles. My advice stay away from this drug it is highly toxic . Find another less toxic antibiotic to treat your infections. Thanks"

nyzki (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was put on this drug for a UTI. I only had trace amounts of bacteria but the urgent care doctor put me on 500mg twice a day for 7 days. I ended up taking 7 doses before I couldn’t take it anymore. It caused serious chest pains, anxiety, and extremity weakness. I should have never taken it. This is way over prescribed by doctors and I can only hope these side effects won’t last months or years as it has with some people."

Skiensjwnw (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2018

For Traveler's Diarrhea: "Came down with moderate stomach pain and diarrhea in Ukraine. Tried to ride it out, but after five days my symptoms hadn't improved. Bought a box of ciprofloxacin 500mg tablets from a local pharmacy for about $4. Within 12 hours my stomach cramps had gotten much better. Within 24 hours all symptoms were gone. No major side affects to speak of – maybe some slight constipation, but it sure beats running to the toilet every 30 minutes."

Johnny (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

For Diverticulitis: "This drug is not a joke. I foolishly did not read the patient information before taking these pills. Read the patient information before you take this. This drug should come with a warning and it should be illegal to dispense it without a huge warning. After 3 days I had such severe panic attacks I thought I was going to die. Insomnia and the worst panic attacks I have ever felt in my 52 years of living. Then came the nausea, vomiting, wretching with an empty stomach and more abdominal pain which I already had when I started this. My feet were on fire and I had shooting pains in my legs and horrible muscle pain. I could not drive, I could not focus, I could not remember anything from one minute to the next. I have been "floxied" and from what I read that is very serious. I feel it will take months for me to repair the damage done to my body after 3 days of this drug. It was not worth the risk and I completely regret it."

canuck55 (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Okay so I’ve used this garbage a couple of times now, because the doctors in my area have abandoned all other forms of antibiotics. So second time using to treat a UTI and this drug is so awful to me! First night not even 12 hours after taking it I had a severe headache! The worst I’ve ever had in my life, Can’t take aspirin or ibuprofin with this garbage because it could react to it. Went home went to sleep, next day sick! Nauseous, hot dry skin, face and neck hurt/ burned. Took more of the junk, just continued feeling sick, today woke up still feeling like garbage and it started effecting my sleep. I took more of it, this is what I experienced at work. Extremely hot neck and face, extremely cold hands. Hot all day, sudden anxiety attack, chest tightening, couldn’t breathe, my whole body was numb, came home face and neck still burning/ itching/ hot. Arm hurts hands tingly hand tendon hurts. I will never take this medicine again"

Rskittles October 1, 2018

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Pros: Noticed great improvement of my symptoms after only 24 hours and continued to get better each day. Cons: after the second dose started to have loose bowel and stomach pain. Also experienced nightmares and severe insomnia. By the third day, 6th dose, the side effects were much too severe to continue this antibiotic."

Alicia (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

For Infectious Diarrhea: "This drug made me feel so much sicker and I'll never take it again. I was prescribed Cipro for a possible stomach infection at 1000mg a day for 7 days. I immediately started experiencing body aches, brain fog, and loss of appetite. On day 4 my ankles and other joints started aching, popping, & swelling. After that I called my doctor & stopped taking the drug. Its been a few days now and I can say I feel 110x better than I felt when I was on it. I finally have my appetite back & my joints don't swell & ache all day..."

ashh (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "I have had every drug under the sun for persistent UTI 's for last 4 years. I live in UK and never heard of this drug. I was on holiday and had to consult a doctor who gave me this drug. I have had no side effects and I have just finished 7 day course. Infection has gone and I am just waiting to see if this has worked long term. "

Polly30 (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have chronic UTI’s usually prescribed nitrofuratin which always works well. This time doctor first prescribed me Bactrim which made my UTI worse believe it or not. I had to pee every two seconds even when I used bathroom I had to go right after my bladder felt like never ending waterfall of urine and had stomach cramping went to ER the gave me Cipro... big mistake with in two dosages my tendons started hurting and my right arm went numb. No medication is worth losing proper movement in your body. I’m hoping my right arm returns back to regular sensation once this garbage out of my body. Super scary stuff!!!"

Autumn (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Dr prescribed 500 mg twice a day for 5 days. The UTI was horrible, but I’ve never experienced such horrible side effects from an antibiotic. Nausea was debilitating, I was fighting to keep from vomiting. Couldn’t drive, because it had my head swirling. Headaches too! I stuck with it because the UTI scared me, but after just taking the last dose, I’m still certain my UTI is lingering. Maybe I’m imagining this, but my thinking and moods seem to have been dark. I regret taking this drug"

Nina (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Diverticulitis: "Worked, no obvious side effects. Took the last pills yesterday (Cipro + Flagyl). I have been taking a probiotic as well."

Tom (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was placed on this antibiotic because Bactrim gives me nasty side effects and I told my doctor that so she gave me this. Never been on this for a UTI before and I’ve had a UTI every 4 months almost ON THE DOT for the past 2 years. Literally have been to urgent care 4/3, was just back there on 9/3. so about every 4-5 months I’m back there. Anyway, she put me on this one and so far the only major side effect is that I’ve had trouble sleeping and my feet get really dry. ALSO THE WORST ONE is that urgency to pee is just hanging around, like I still have a UTI or something, and I’m on day 4 out of 5 of treatment. Just hoping this awfulness ends soon. I bought AZO urgency pain relief pills and those always help."

allltheproblems (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...