User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Surgical Prophylaxis

1 review 60 medications
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 5.7 582 reviews

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Dr prescribed 500 mg twice a day for 5 days. The UTI was horrible, but I’ve never experienced such horrible side effects from an antibiotic. Nausea was debilitating, I was fighting to keep from vomiting. Couldn’t drive, because it had my head swirling. Headaches too! I stuck with it because the UTI scared me, but after just taking the last dose, I’m still certain my UTI is lingering. Maybe I’m imagining this, but my thinking and moods seem to have been dark. I regret taking this drug"

Nina (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Diverticulitis: "Worked, no obvious side effects. Took the last pills yesterday (Cipro + Flagyl). I have been taking a probiotic as well."

Tom (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was placed on this antibiotic because Bactrim gives me nasty side effects and I told my doctor that so she gave me this. Never been on this for a UTI before and I’ve had a UTI every 4 months almost ON THE DOT for the past 2 years. Literally have been to urgent care 4/3, was just back there on 9/3. so about every 4-5 months I’m back there. Anyway, she put me on this one and so far the only major side effect is that I’ve had trouble sleeping and my feet get really dry. ALSO THE WORST ONE is that urgency to pee is just hanging around, like I still have a UTI or something, and I’m on day 4 out of 5 of treatment. Just hoping this awfulness ends soon. I bought AZO urgency pain relief pills and those always help."

allltheproblems (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2018

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: "I was prescribed Cipro for 45 days to combat a prostate infection. I had to stop taking it after about 40 days because I developed a dull pain with spasm in the kidney area. Laid awake last few days with odd headache and because of that discomfort. I can't attribute this change in health to anything but the Cipro. Deploying in 30 days so no time to do testing. Hoping this will go away."

Doug Ott... (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2018

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I get UTI's about once a year (bad enough to cause bleeding). I go to Urgent Care and get Cipro. It works wonders. Within 3-4 hours after taking only one pill the urgency and burning sensations are reduced to a bearable level. After 2 or 3 pills everything feels like normal again. Cipro is great forme. Unfortunately not everyone reacts the same to medications, it might be the worst thing ever for some people, but I've never had any adverse reactions to Cipro."

Sir Shatington (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 26, 2018

For Prostatitis: "Learn from my lesson. If you are susceptible to this drug it will hurt you, maybe maim you, and very possibly kill you. You will feel it break down the soft tissues of your body and be powerless to stop it. If you need this to save your life and nothing else will work then by all means take it. FOR ANYTHING ELSE it is simply not worth the risk. Don't assume it can't happen to you. In 42 years I've had only one drug reaction. That one reaction is literally eating the soft tissues of my body as I write this. Please be smarter than me and find an alternative."

Brian (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Had taken this around 4 times, led to being diagnosed with asthma 21 years ago, recently told did I even have asthma ?! Caused variety of symptoms each time received, severe collagen loss enhanced by steroids.... Each time got it body broke down leading to multiple back operations around same time the process of drug happened each time. Received June 16, nearly killed me, was given when metabolism low and on contraindicated meds..."

Sunlovingdog (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2018

For Kidney Infections: "Taking 500 mg ciprofloxacin twice a day for severe kidney infection that had me in hospital for 5.5 days. Once I was started on antibiotic my white cell count started coming down."

EauFemme (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2018

For Prostatitis: "I was prescribed this by my doctor 4 only days ago, after another antibiotic failed to work (thats another story). To be honest in my 65 years, I've taken a lot of prescription drugs-but this is the worst. The problems that I had are: Burning whilst urinating (the original problem), terrible anal pain, heavy sweats, burning gullet, horrendous headaches, burning skin, lack of sleep, feeling like I'm going to die, not being in control, bowel control lost, leg & joint pains. I could go on and on, believe me. The worst dug ever-that is honest"

Legn (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Kidney Infections: "I'm on Cipro now this is day 2 and I'm on 500 mg for 12 days. I've used this antibiotic it the past, I myself get UTIs I pass stones at least 2 a year. Well it's worked ok for the UTI in the past but it's not doing anything as far as this infection. I've had to be hospitalized twice for severe kidney and bladder infection so I know damn well what that pain feels like. The doctor didn't help at all he. I feel like they we're just trying to get me out of there quick. They did no pelvic exam. He didn't even press on the stomach or tap my back. I waited until I couldn't bare the pain while peeing. So I already knew what I had I went up there for antibiotics and to see how bad it is because I can not afford to be in the hospital. I'm going straight back there in a day or 2 if this doesn't clear up. So it's good for bladder infections but not kidney infections"

Kay (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Day 3 cont.: I stayed indoors, but wore hat and sunglasses when I went out to buy the moisturizer. About 10 hours after taking last pill, I experienced pain in abdomen around right hip/groin area. The pain felt worse each time I went pee and I also noticed it felt worse when I went from standing to sitting and vice versa. I could feel the pain travel down my body toward bladder over the course of 5 hours. Kept pushing fluids to try to rid my body of the Ciprofloxacin. I will never take this medication again! I'm terrified that , like so many others, my body is going to break down on me in the upcoming months. I am writing this on the night of Day 3. Trouble falling asleep again"

KB (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Ok, I had a horrible UTI, I was in excruciating pain and screaming every time I had to pee. I was prescribed cipro, but made the mistake of reading the bad reviews on here before taking. I worried myself into a full blown panic attack over the side effects people claimed..and held off on taking the medicine out of fear. It was a huge mistake. I suffered for days for nothing, and ended up having the infection start in my kidneys!!! I was so freaked out by the bad reviews that I only took the first dose after the pain was in my back and I was feeling sick. I even sat in the hospital parking lot because these bad reviews had me so scared the pills were going to kill me! Day 2 of meds...no side effects whatsoever!!! I take a probiotic in between my doses which is 250mg 2x day. It keeps the gastric symptoms at bay. The pain was all but gone from back, stomach and no more fire pee after the first dose! Do not read these reviews and torture yourself thinking you will have a horrific reaction!"

Relieved August 12, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I initially started taking Keflex for a UTI, then I was prescribed Cipro 500 twice a day for 7 days. Symptoms delivered after first tablet: Sore ear and throat. Very sore knee, followed by stomach cramp and weakness/joint pain/ popping joints.... Read the warning signs before taking this. I feel so anxious and so sad that there are doctors out there who simply don’t care and will prescribe chemotherapeutic antibiotics to the average healthy person just for a UTI. I’ve read a lot of reviews saying lifelong issues now; I’m just praying that’s not true..."

Scared for life (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "This drug nearly destroyed my life and continues to haunt me daily. Don't say it can't happen to you. I was very athletic and had school records in wrestling never had any health issues until I took this stuff. Since taking it my muscles and tendons are damaged all over my body. I nearly went blind permanently. Severe Anxiety. Severe food allergies. Can't eat gluten anymore. Nearly destroyed my marriage. Could no longer play with my kids. I am now picking up the pieces of the damage this drug has done to my life 7 years later. My advice is never take CIPRO or LEVOQUIN or any drug in this family if antibiotics. There are 7 families of antibiotics they can give you another kind. Don't let them talk you into this garbage by telling you that this can't happen to you. It can and does very often happen. Read all of the other reviews. They are true. There are many support groups that you can talk to also for victims if this poison. You have been warned."

Scott (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "This drug helped me a lot after a few days I started to feel a lot better. The only side affect I had was breaking out with a small rash."

Mia (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I've been taking this medicine for 3 days now and I feel a lot better. I'm mostly tired and I'm very sore are the side effects, but it works wonders"

dollasign (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2018

For Prostatitis: "This is one of those drugs where the cure is almost as bad as the disease in my case but it does work. I was prescribed a two week course of Cipro (500 mg twice daily). Four days in to treatment for prostatitis I'm finally able to urinate again without standing around for what feels like forever and most of the major symptoms are fading. However, the side effects of Cipro are a little ugly. Brain fog, dizziness, fatigue, increased heart rate, and insomnia are the ones I've been going through. I'm rating Cipro fairly high because it is working for me, I'm just going to have to slog through the side effects for another 10 days."

pdfw (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I had received this drug first around 97 for pneumonia, not long after I became breathless, I was told asthmatic and put on inhalers, I had sleep/ insomnia problems, my back/ joints started to give me problems and I had concentration problems, skin and GI issues, teeth etc, by start of 2001 apart from energy crashes, concentration and back problems I seemed fine, had surgery on back March 01 and problems re surfaced, this led to further surgery 07, apart from few issues I was fine until got drug again 08, various issues reported them all, was advised would never get again, received June 16, immediate adverse reaction, this time life been ruined. Musculaskelatal atrophy, cognitive issues, eyesight, skin, collagen depletion, advised doubt had asthma, breathing issues, central nervous system/autonomic nerve system damage, hair problems, teeth. Life ruined this time."

Sunlovingdog (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2018

For Sinusitis: "Cipro is a godsend, it's the only antibiotic that works for the wicked sinus infection I get. I tolerate it extremely well, drink plenty of water while taking it, and feel better within hours after first dose. Don't be afraid of this medication. I'm allergic to penicillin as well as erythromycin so my md prescribes cipro."

SallySinus July 30, 2018

For Sinusitis: "Cipro literally saved my life! There are risk associated w everything and plz know everyone reacts differently!! This is the only medicine that kept me out of the hospital!!"

bri (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2018

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Amazing! I’m 19 from the UK and was getting recurrent UTIs no matter what I did to prevent them. 2 rounds of nitrofurnantion & trimethoprim didn’t do the trick and symptoms were awful and in a lot of pain/discomfort. Was making me soo miserable. Doc put me on week long course of cipro & I felt sooo much better after the 1st dose! So happy! Don’t let the side effects scare you, and to be honest, even if I did happen to get side effects, it is a balancing act of relief or side effects anytime you take meds. Still got a few days left of taking it but I’m so glad how well this has worked in only the first dose! Hoping I never get one of these again and I hope all these bad reviews doesn’t put anyone off lol x"

Peeaftersex (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Seach up Quinolone Toxicity on the internet before taking this potent drug. I had repeated courses for UTI/Kidney infections from 1993 to 2008. I believe this drug has ruined my life. I have ME/CFS, anxiety/depression, achilles tendinitis of both heels, persistent severe dermatitis. To name just a few. If I had been made aware of the possibility of serious and lifelong side effects I would never had agreed to take this poison. I went from being an energetic sporty person who worked 2 jobs simultaneously because I liked being busy and social, and now to someone who hasn't been able to work since 2002. Don't take ANY of the Quinolone Antibiotics unless it's literally a matter of life or death and you have no other options."

Dundeefruitcake (taken for 10 years or more) July 23, 2018

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Do not take this drug, unless you're near death or exposed to anthrax or contracted the plague; seriously, that's what it's meant for. I took ONE pill of this and developed horrible popping in all joints, knee /leg/shoulder pain. The worst was the ER visit that followed 48 hours later, because I had rapid swelling in the eyes and light sensitivity with blurred vision. Scariest day of my life happened because of ONE pill of this poison. This awful medicine has black box warning from FDA and should not be given for basic infections."

Ker (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Not even characters for this but here we go: As a 16 year old boy I suffered a sports injury to the groin and was prescribed cipro to fight any infection for a testicular torsion. After 2 days of taking it I became violently ill and was having unbearable chest and back pains. ER doctor told me to continue taking. I took for another 2 days. I was found unconscious in my high school bathroom. Rushed to the hospital to have a CT show I was in complete renal failure. My kidneys at 27% all caused from the cipro. I made a recovery but it wasn’t easy. I’ve never been the same. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DRUG. Do a quick search on the internet for “CIPRO TOXICITY” and you’ll know why."

Manny (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2018

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "RUN away from this drug as fast as you can, it is extremely dangerous and shouldn't even be approved. People have ended up crippled for life by taking just a few pills! If you just ingested this, I would recommend trying to throw it up, taking TUMS or calcium to counteract it, or drink milk while taking Magnesium so it does not go into your body. Then proceed to calling your physician and give them a telling off for trying to cripple you and not advise on the life destroying side effects reported with this poison. There are other options to fight infection without lifelong issues, unless you are literally dying from an infection, you have NO business taking this Med!"

Anna (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...