User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Surgical Prophylaxis

1 review 60 medications
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 5.5 627 reviews

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

For Prostatitis: "5 weeks now and no better with prostatitis. It is driving me up the wall and the pain I have is unbelievable. I'm wondering what is next. I'm taking saw palmeto and the only way I'm getting through the day is ibuprofen and codeine"

Paderman101 (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2019

For Bladder Infection: "I will NEVER take this ciprofloxacine garbage again!!! I was taking Ambien ( I will also never take it again as well seeing that I takes a full week to get out of your system). Anyways I was told to stop taking the Ambien when I started the Cipro. Well I started the Cipro and the very next day I was excessively drowsy and and horribly depressed!!! Even though I stopped the Ambien. I was so so sleepy I couldn't see straight! I had absolutely no appetite for two weeks , even after stopping the Cipro,. I had lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks from not being able to eat!!!! Besides being extremely sleepy my mood had went downhill pretty fast. I was nauseous, my head pounded and I was also extremely grouchy. None of this started until I started the Cipro. Never ever again. I will stick to Bactrim. "

Daisy (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2019

For Bladder Infection: "I guess it works...but is the increased heart rate/anxiety, tingling skin, night sweats, difficulty sleeping worth it? Glad I stopped after 3 days."

Dave (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2019

For Bladder Infection: "Was prescribed ciprofloxacin for a UTI and had to take it 2 times a day for seven days, I got no side effects or mental health issues but the first day I took I had slight stomach pain but it was barely nothing. It's best if you eat a good full meal before or right after you take pill and drink A LOT of water that's what I did and I was fine. UTI went away thank goodness. I hope this helps anyone"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "After only 2 doses for ciprofloxacin for a UTI was in excruciating pain and had to stop. For 3 days was unable to move much. On the 5th day admitted to ER due to difficulty breathing. 2.5 months after being in ER after still having worse breathing issues. Also tendon pain, body inflammation, arthritis type pains, and many other horrible symptoms. Odd ringing in ears and vision changes. I would NEVER recommend this drug. So many people have been affected. (See floxiehope.com if you want to see how bad it is for some people). I'm grateful I've only had 2 doses, but life is so difficult still since taking it."

A.Rose (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Only thing that takes away my urine infection. Works immediately and relief is immediate too. I get thrush from amoxicillin and feel awful when taking it. Give me cirpro every time."

Hazey (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2019

For Kidney Infections: "It ruined my life after only two doses. Confusion, skin burning, peripheral neuropathy, muscle spasms, tendon pain all over. That subsided so I thought I was in the clear, but now I am bedridden a week later due to tendon rupture. I literally cannot walk. Many people react well to this drug, but it’s not worth the risk when there are other options! I want my life back :("

Al (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2019

Cipro I.V. (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had many of the side effects and an allergic reaction (I’m not allergic to any other medications)."

Ggn4 (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: "I took this drug previously with no untoward side effects; this time round I experienced severe, itchy hives, tingling in my hands, heart palpitations, and depression."

Li (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2019

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: "I used Bactrim for a month for my prostatitis, but I didn't feel any better. I went to another Dr and prescribed me Cipro. It's been 5 days since I started using this medication and it seems to be working. As a side effects it gave me a diarrhea but I just ignore it, I feel much better than before."

Ken (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "28 Male: was given doxycycline first couldn't use it longer then 3 days extreme nausea, dry vomiting, heart palpitations random trouble breathing. Infection came back was given cipro easy drug to take but on and off was having burning pain my ankles this drug eats the cartilage around the Achilles tendon. Day 5 had to go to ER can't walk anymore intense burning in my ankles and complete weakness I'm praying to God I'll recover I don't even know if my infection will be gone after 5 days of use. Pray for me I might have to file for disability"

AntibioticPoison (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2019

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Diverticulitis: "DO NOT TAKE THIS POISON! I was given Cipro for Diverticulitis 2 years ago. Please read every precaution & side effect of this drug. It effects your DNA, and never leaves your body. My right leg went into a spasm, I couldn't walk for over a month.! The tendons and ligaments in my ankles, knees, thumbs, neck and back started cracking , which has caused a crippling affect to this day. All the toes in my left foot are numb. It has changed my life and I still have depressing days. My advice is never take this drug, you will never be the same! Just research Floxie Hope to see how many others have been affected"

PES (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2019

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This medication worked quickly for me and I had no side effects. I took 500mg for 7 days. I had a horrible UTI where my urine smelled absolutely rancid. Within 48hrs this medication took away the terrible smell and provided me relief. I’m so grateful, thank you!"

Molly (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2019

For Kidney Infections: "Amazing drug! Halved the pain after only one dosage."

Kukuu (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed ciprofloxacin for a UTI . And by the second day I was back at the ER. I felt absolutely horrible this medicine made me feel so sick my head was pounding, my eyelids felt heavy, so much like gas on my stomach I WILL NEVER take this medicine again my hands and fingers are numb at least 2 days after stopping the medicine. I would rather take a longer treatment of Keflex than take this medicine and it spiked my blood sugar also!!"

Sac916 (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I am 22 in training for a half marathon and taken very few antibiotics previously. Was given this for 5 days for UTI. After the first pill (2 hours) I felt a bit strange....tingling in hands and later a bad headache. Next morning had strange aches and pains, but didn't really associate with the drug, so took the next dose stupidly went for a very slow run (the UTI was subsiding) 4 hours later I couldn't walk properly. Day 3 -no more pills for me , but after reading up on this drug realize it is doing me great harm. I still can't talk properly and have strange pains all over my legs/ankles and especially inner gluteal area. Hope I haven't done too much damage....chances of doing the run look really slim."

elli (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2019

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "I have taken 5 of the 500 mg so far for a kidney infection so far I have had no side affects and the pain in my back area of kidneys is gone. I am feeling better but was very worried about what I have read on side affect but I will continue to take my dose 2 times a day for 7 days total at this point ."

RJ (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Only thing that works for my horrible UTI's. Tired and upset stomach and a little muscle soreness. Goes away after finished with meds."

Lynn February 1, 2019

For Skin and Structure Infection: "Bad side effects: rapid heart beat, nausea and trouble breathing. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2019

For Prostatitis: "I had an allergic reaction to cipro in which my patella tendons started burning, in which I started having knee pain, joints cracking, pain in my tendons. I think what most people don’t realize is that this isn’t normal side effects for most people. I most recently got diagnosed with EDS which is very under diagnosed and is a connective tissue disorder. All fluoroquinolones have an affinity for connective tissue, in which will exacerbate any underlying connective tissue disorder. I’m 40 years old and never had any issues until taking Cipro. If you have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, you may not even know it until taking Cipro or any alone, but taking Quinolones should be a last resort for anyone. With EDS. It is an inheritable disease. I was only on Cipro for 5 days."

Allan rackers (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I took one pill and it gave me joint pain. Do not take this pill. It's very dangerous. Put it under your allergies. It's not worth the risk at all."

DON'T RISK IT (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2018

For Kidney Infections: "First pill I took could tell a difference felt better. Day 3 still doing good pharmacist said no dairy and caffeine I've stayed off both, caffeine especially can cause tremors and anxiety with this med."

Shorty December 27, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Dr started me on this because of UTI, by the 3rd day I had extreme back pain I could not walk without my back going out. I also couldn't pee or poo I have Crohn's and my stomach got so distended I got stretch marks. By the fourth day plus my left leg and both sides of my groin were also extremely painful. I also got dizzy panic attacks and blurry vision. I will never take this med again! I think it tried to kill me."

Docstuff (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2018

For Sinusitis: "Horrible antibiotics, took first pill at 5pm had loud ringing in left ear, 4 days later still faintly ringing. Also had nightmares all night. Didn't take another pill next day, went back to doctors and asked for a different one. Way too strong for me, glad I was wise to not finish these antibiotics"

Mystique (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I took Cipro for my infected ingrowth toenail. After the 3rd day in the evening, I woke up with a huge pain behind my knee/ thigh. I felt like something popped. The shooting pain goes straight down to my left ankle. My feet were numb and felt pins and needle. I read FDA about this medicine. I was so mad that no doctor or pharmactist tell me about the black box. No warning on the bottle. I called my primary doctor and met him. He checked to make sure I don't have any ruptures. He thinks it might be a muscle stain. But I am still in pain in my left knee down to my ankle. I hope it will go away??"

AC (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2018