User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

1 review 60 medications
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 5.4 660 reviews

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Hop · Taken for less than 1 month July 15, 2019

Cipro I.V. (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was on day 5 at night, when I took the Cipro.. I went to sleep after 11. I woke with hallucinations! I had no idea that an antibiotic drug could do that. I was not afraid, I just needed to figure it out. MY BP was very low.. never !! I called a friend and she sat with me for two hours, Finally I improved and went back to sleep. No more flouroquinolones for me. Infection still there."

CB · Taken for less than 1 month July 14, 2019

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was diagnosed with a UTI and, despite my doctor knowing I currently have a ruptured Achilles’ tendon AND that Cipro’s side effect is torn tendons, she prescribed it. And, when I told her all this she just said, “Take it anyway”. My ankle doctor said DO NOT TAKE CIPRO... he has so many patients who have take. It and then needed surgery for torn tendons. Stay away from this drug!"

Lala · Taken for less than 1 month July 11, 2019

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was given Cipro 500 mg twice daily for a horrible UTI. I’ve finished my third dose and pain has gone from a ten yesterday to a 5-6 today. Doctor prescribed them for ten days with option to check after five so I’m hopeful five will be enough. Side effects I noticed were some bad stomach pain which almost made me stop taking it but I’m glad I didn’t because the relief has been tremendous in a short period of time. Also taking AZO to help."

Zaza · Taken for less than 1 month July 5, 2019

For Bladder Infection: "I found that after taking cipro 500mg for a week when I took it my bladder symptoms worsened. Is that normal? I felt severe urge and pressure only relieved after a few hours of taking the drug."

Soniapop · Taken for less than 1 month June 29, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Horrible drug! This should not be given to anyone unless it's a life or death situation! I was given this medication for a simple UTI caused by kidney stones and within a week after taking it I began having nerve burning and tingling issues that progressed from my feet and moved up my body to my pelvic area and my hands, then I had a tendon pop in my left knee that I couldn't stand on, shortly after that the other knee had a small popping sound and pain. Now after 5 months I'm still having trouble walking and knee swelling and pain daily. The neuropathy pain has not gone away. They've done multiple MRIs of me to diagnose these and have not found any other cause. My life has been completely altered by this."

basa · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

For Prostatitis: "I was given cipro for prostatitis after two and a half weeks it was starting to work however I started to get chest pain and pain under the ribs I was on 1000mg a day of a six week course, when I told the doctor about my chest pain I was told that I had a kidney stone and the chest pain was a referred pain, I didn't buy this and my chest pain became more severe I thought I was having a heart attack, so I went to A&E who checked my heart which was OK, I stopped taking cipro and my symptoms went after three weeks, I think that the cipro had caused a problem with my esophagus which where the pain was coming from, a CT scan showed I didn't have a stone, unfortunately the prostatitis has returned and I have a constant feeling to urinate which I have to fight 24/7 . I live in the UK"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was diagnosed with a kidney infection a few days ago and the doctor prescribed me this medicine. I read all these reviews and it made me nervous but I decided I would just take it. I took two doses and QUICKLY had horrible side effects. I have been on many antibiotics and I’ve never felt the way I do now. I could not sleep last night, was sweating horrible, woke up this morning with muscle aches in my hands and THE WORST ANXIETY I have ever experienced. I felt like I was going to die. It’s now been 12 hours since my last dose and I still do not feel myself, I have a headache, feel very down and tired, and just not myself. I wouldn’t wish this feeling on my worst enemy. This is AWFUL. This drug should be taken off the market. I'm glad some people have better experiences but I called my doctor and they said stop it immediately and called in something else. My doctor told me this antibiotic has a HIGH chance of causing anxiety in people and brain fog. Never again."

Tatters · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2019

For Bladder Infection: "I have read some negative comments on here. I do have one really bad allergy to another specific drug. However, I can tolerate this drug quite well. I was admitted to hospital in 2011 with a very severe bladder infection, and I was given this IV in the arm. Over the years I have had it in tablet form from my GP and only suffered mild side effects. I think it is a good drug."

lu · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2019

For Kidney Infections: "This was a rough go for me. I couldn't sleep, I was anxious and totally out of it. I continued to take it because I know you are supposed to finish to whole round, but I would wake up my partner every 45 minutes asking him to feel my chest and to check to see if I was dying. This drug really messed me up - so I went to the ER and they switched me to amoxicillin. I refuse to take this again - it was the worst"

Bella · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2019

For Diverticulitis: "Took this for two days and the nausea started then all at once BAM, uncontrollable vomiting followed by uncontrollable diarrhea. To the point where I was home alone and had to call 911 as I was going in and out of consciousness. Paramedics arrived and I couldn't stop the vomiting and pooping. All the way to the hospital. While in ER the diarrhea was so bad and uncontrollable to the point that the floor was pooled with this mess. I was sent home with a diaper and a different medication. I refused to take. Got better a week later with nothing but now 8 months later the diverticulitis is back."

kl · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Cipros a failed chemo drug with multiple anticancer properties. It performs these anticancer actions on your OWN CELLS. This medication can disable you, even if you took it before with out issue. Its unpredictable. This antibiotic has ruined my life & I'm only in my 20's. The nerve & muscular pain I feel lately is so debilitating, I don't know if I have a future or if Im going to have to get on disability before I hit 30. I was healthy before taking cipro. Despite the multiple black box warnings & studies showing the dangers of FQ (fluoroquinolone) antibiotics, you will be treated as if you're insane. You will be treated like a drug seeker, even if tests show organ or tissue damage. These adverse effects can be long term, even permanent There are SAFE antibiotics out there that won't disable you. I read warnings & thought, "Eh, its fine. I'm young and healthy." I'm almost a year out & I suffer so much. My future is compromised bc a doctor prescribed a dangerous medication to me with out any thought."

DisabledAtAge24 · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Took this drug for a very minor UTI. I was an athlete all my life with no issues taking any medications. A week on this antibiotic left me weak and in pain to the point of complete disability. I lost 10% of my body mass in less than a week from taking this. It has been 3 years since I took this medication and I still have neuropathy in my extremities, extreme weakness in every muscle, continued muscle wasting, and increasing prevalence of hypointense bone marrow that is causing pernicious anemia because Cipro is one of the only drugs that passes through your blood-brain barrier and can get into bone marrow. It has destroyed the mitochondria in my marrow’s stem cells. I cannot work. My quality of life is not sufficient. I’m on my last $150, and I can’t afford my medical bills anymore, all from taking this horrible drug for a simple infection."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 18, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed this medication for a UTI and two days on twice a day dose I began to experience serious nausea. Thinking it would pass and this would be the only side effect, I continued to take this medication. On day 4 I started to become feverish at a temperature of 102 and on day 6 I ended up going to the emergency room because of extreme discomfort. If this is the primary medication your doctor prescribes you for a UTI I would not recommend it. It was causing my liver to MALFUNCTION!"

Mease June 16, 2019

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "I was given Cipro as I was leaving a hospital where I was treated for a bladder infection. I became confused and nauseous after being on it for 1.5 days and stopped taking it. A little over a week later, I could hardly walk and felt like I had electricity running down my legs. That was followed by stabbing pains in hands and feet, prickling sensations all over my body and patches of burning sensations on my arms, legs and back. It's now almost a year later and I have had to deal with this horror 24/7. Only when I developed overactive bladder along with the neuropathy did I learn Cipro can cause all of my symptoms. My urologist told me this based on my medical history and notifications sent by the FDA to him and other physicians."

Sylvia June 13, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I was put on this for a Cat Bite - Bacterial Infection. Please don't let bad comments scare you. I'm allergic to penicillin & have limited options. My Dr. gave me the warnings & I was terrified. You may be dizzy for a few hours the first time you take it, but then you adjust. If you have a sensitive stomach, have crackers & ginger ale on hand, it helps. Ruptured tendons concern. I researched & found that athletes & people over 60 (I'm 54) are more susceptible because they are magnesium deficient & the fluoride molecules in Cipro bind with magnesium to make you even more deficient. Disclaimer: I'm not a health care professional, please research this yourself. I started taking Cipro & within 2 days my heels started hurting. I found out about magnesium & started taking supplements. The pain went away rather quickly. Remember to take at least 2 hours after your dose or 6 hours before or it will interfere with absorption of Cipro. Bottom line, this drug worked well for me & the side effects were manageable with magnesium supplements"

Panther June 13, 2019

For Prostatitis: "After 27 days of my 30 day prescribed cycle, I threw in the towel. My symptoms were not improving at all, and it was making me very emotional to say the least. There is a book out there by Milton Krisiloff called the "Anti Inflammatory Diet Revolution". Dr. Krisiloff was the personal urologist of President Reagan from 1988-2004. Dr Krisiloff says the elimination of three things: caffeine, alcohol, and hot/spicy foods will allow your prostate to heal. 90% of male patients that went to Dr. Krisiloff showed a complete reduction and elimination of symptoms, provided they stuck to the diet. I have taken it upon myself to go on an anti-inflammatory diet as well. And I have to tell you...my symptoms are improving. The burning sensation in my urine is lessening and my urges to urinate are less and less as I go. I'm hopeful that following Dr. Krisiloff's suggestions will help me. Cipro DID NOT. At all."

Mzlezz924 · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2019

For Kidney Infections: "I was hospitalized for 10 days for kidney stones and kidney infection. At home now: started Cipro Day 3 - 2x's per day. Extreme nausea waves day & night. Also, vivid dreams. Sleeping all day and up at night. Be sure to eat something before and after taking this drug. Will call Doc tom to have me take me off this and prescribe another antibiotic instead. I do not like the way this drug is making me feel during my recovery. I've had enough beat-down to my body before & during my hospitalization incl (acquired Sepsis)."

53 in pa · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a urinary tract infection and go put on ciprofloxacin. It took 2 days or so to stop tingling upon urination completely. Still having side effect of lightheadedness 3 days after end of medicine."

Coach · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2019

For Prostatitis: "I took this ciprofloxacin medication for prostatitis and less then 2 weeks later am now in a wheel chair. I have some much weakness in my legs. My Achilles tendons hurt so bad I just got out of the Dr's office and he said "this is as bad as it gets" my nerve pain through my hands and spine hurt a 10/10. Ciprofloxacin drug has ruined my life."

MomsTaxi · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2019

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I have constant UTI's and on a daily regimen of Hiprex, cranberry (TheraCran) and vitamin C per the doctor. I normally take Macro-bid and works great, this time they gave me Cipro for 7 days, it took at least 4 pills to stop the burning and urgency. I am on my last dose today, after 7 days I am exhausted. I have no more UTI symptoms but the tiredness is a lot of handle. You get an antibiotic to feel better but I can't wait to finish this to get my energy back."

Matthew · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2019

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "The Cipro has seemed to get rid of the UTI that I had but now I have terrible tendinitis to the point where I can barely get out of bed in the morning or walk."

Ev · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: "I developed toxic side effect reaction to ciprofloxacin. I have extensive tendonitis, random achey muscles, peripheral neuropathy. Take at your risk. It has ruined my! life"

ciprowarning · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "DO NOT TAKE THIS CIPROFLOXACIN DRUG, IT CAN RUIN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE. Go see acupuncture doctor and change diet. Heed my warning. If you read this. Please do not take the drug. I saved your life. I don't want others to go through what I'm going. I took one. Then my life changed for the worse. Ear ringing tinnitus that won't go away. I have blurred vision, arthritis, pain in the back. I'm sensitive to eating a lot of stuff. It's been 5 months out. I still get joint and back pain. It does go away sometimes with acupuncture. Only thing that helps me now is magnesium, CoQ10, and arginine 2x daily. Plus acupuncture weekly to relieve pain and symptoms. If your thinking about taking this drug. DO NOT TAKE IT. Go see acupuncture doctor instead and don't listen to your PCP. Ask for different drug. Change diet first and see what happens."

Rebekka · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2019

For Kidney Infections: "I have used Ciprofloxacin many times in the past for kidney infections and it seems to work very well, just takes a little while to work. I am currently on it again with another Kidney infection. The only side effects I seem to get with it is weakness (medium), faint feeling (medium) lower back pain (Mild), Heart Palpitations (Medium), and tummy growls and gurgle sounds (very mild). I love this antibiotic. Hoping it does the trick this time around."

Biggs · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2019

For Traveler's Diarrhea: "I took a single 500mg tablet after some other antibiotics didn't work and a colonoscopy didn't reveal why I had diarrhea for 2 months. I then read up on it and was horrified, so stopped taking it. The next day noted with relief that my fingers were not tingling, which seems to be the first sign of trouble. But within an hour 2 fingers started tingling, then more, then both hands and my feet. All over I can feel my connective tissue is weak, any sudden movement I can feel things tearing or close to it, and have injured my shoulder just moving around. My biggest concern was my Achilles tendons, and yes, they both now hurt at times. It has only been one week since I took a single tablet, so cannot say if I will get better, but so far things just keep getting worse."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)