User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin to treat Salmonella Gastroenteritis

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro XR, Cipro I.V., Cipro Cystitis Pack

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Catherine · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2018

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "FDA warns that Cipro should ONLY be taken as a last resort antibiotic for acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, acute uncomplicated cystitis, acute sinusitis and only if patients know the high risk of permanent injury from tendon ruptures, especially of the Achilles heel or thumb tendons! Read the FDA advisory (black box warning under professional info for cipro and other fluoroquinolones. You have to be careful because unaware doctors prescribe them for lots of other reasons as a first course antibiotic. Visit the FDA website and check it out! Luckily, I knew of the high danger of Cipro when an ER doc prescribed Cipro for salmonella and I asked him for another antibiotic. "

Jena B · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2018

"I was diagnosed with Salmonella poisoning on Tuesday. Been sick for 8 days now. Had severe nausea, diarrhea and stomach cramps. The first time I took Cipro it was ok, good enough to eat chicken noodle soup. The next morning I wasn’t able to eat (wasn’t able to eat whatsoever) so I pushed myself to eat 4 crackers and a ton of water to at least have something in my system and it made me EXTREMELY nauseous. Cipro makes me very drowsy so I was able to eventually ease the nausea and fall asleep for two hours, after that, felt fine. I also take Zofran (I have a fear of puking and being nauseous) to help ease my nausea along with Xanax for my anxiety. It is safe to mix these as there are no interactions, unless allergic. Just took my third one and I am extremely bloated. Can not get comfortable. Not sure if it’s related to my period or the cipro, either way it’s a very uncomfortable but tolerable feeling. Hoping the 4th pill I’ll be ok enough to at least eat two meals a day."

Sun26 September 25, 2016

"I had antibiotics before this but had infection so doc gave me this after speaking to the hospital please Stay away from this !!! I had worse experience ever , I was taking 2 a day on my 4th day it was hell I took one in the morning about 1pm ish I had this bad pain above my belly button like camps . Kept running to the loo on the second run I broke up in sweat , light headed , sickly feeling I felt like it was over for me . My mother had wet some cold towels and wrap me up to cool me down, I had pins and needles in my arms legs .I started cooling down And then the chills came On still running to loo and got to the point that I had take Imodium tablets to stop this which worked . Im still feeling cold and light headed ."

Kane Owen · Taken for less than 1 month December 18, 2015

"Was given this medication after having Salmonella, was very sick and recovered in two days! Treats all sorts of illnesses so works an absolute charm."

Learn more about Salmonella Gastroenteritis