User Reviews for Metronidazole

Also known as: Flagyl, Flagyl 375, Flagyl ER, Flagyl IV, Metro, Metro IV, Metryl, Protostat

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Crohn's Disease, Maintenance 3 reviews 25 medications

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 3 reviews 159 medications

5.8
Summary of Metronidazole reviews 743 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Metronidazole

For Dental Abscess: "I am just in the beginning stages of a left front tooth abscess, went in to see my dentist, after examination he lanced the golf ball size swelling and drained most of the infection out i am on my second day of metronidazole 400 mg 3 x a day , i am in very little pain with some discomfort but the antibiotic seems to be working , i am making sure to take it with plenty of water and during meals and no alcohol"

eavlrccl July 18, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was dreading taking this medication as I've read so many awful reviews, but for me I really had no side effects other than dark urine. They do taste awful so I put water in my mouth first then dropped the tablet in and swollowed, and didn't taste a thing. I also took optibac probiotics for those on antibiotics which can help with side effects if you have any. Well worth taking."

Becky boo (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I've been prescribed this medication a few times in my life. This last time my infection was bad enough that the pills made me really sick. They work very well. Just gotta get over the side effects for the first few days. It helps to get an anti nausea medication prescribed with it. DRINK TONS OR WATER. It will possibly stop you from having any side effects."

Rosemyes July 16, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I got proscribed 500mg for 7 days and this is my second day taking it. The pharmacist told me if I ate with it I should be okay for nausea but no matter how I eat with it I feel so sick the rest of the day. Every time I eat I feel like throwing up, and I'm losing my appetite. It's a good medicine but it makes me feel horrible."

MylittleRex July 15, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "2 hours after taking flagyl 500mg, menses bleeding started. My period wasn't due for 10 days and I'm pretty regular. The blood was bright red and heavier than my usual period. This is the second time this has happened after taking one dose."

witzend (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "My doctor gave me 500 mg of Metronidazole which was about four pills to take as a single dose. I went to the doctor after finding out my guy has been having unprotected sex with another woman as well as myself. I think maybe it threw off my Ph balance. I also had a UTI but so far it seems like it worked. I won't know for sure for two weeks when I go back for my other STD test results. I hope it is gone but I didn't experience any side effects."

Poe Doe July 8, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Bacterial Infection: "Hi my protocol was 12 day 500 mg 3x daily Flagyl for C Diff. Many bad side effects. I felt very unusual. Day 6 the pain and cramping subsided. I used medical marijuana before I'd eat the fat free dairy free no raw veggies high soluble fiber diet. I drank a gallon of water after last horrid Flagyl so nasty. Citrus fruits. Bland small snack meals. 24 hours after I had 2 glasses of chardonnay with small dinner. There is hope! I've finally after 3 weeks turned the corner feeling better. RESTRICT diet. You will save relapse. Drink Kefir yogurt milk. It contains live probiotics and supplement with unlive probiotic capsules. Best ones found on colon website are at Amazon $25 for 30 days. Higher concentration called Nexabiotic Advanced Probiotic ."

Lizax July 7, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I forgot to add the headaches have been terrible as well. I'm getting them in the back of my head too which is bizarre"

Mhoyt001 July 3, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "It worked very well. It cured my infection, but constant severe pelvic cramps, light headedness, dissiness and nausea were my side effects."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Very effective but constant severe pelvic cramps for the 7 days I was prescribed this medicine"

Anonymous July 3, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I've been taking these for a week now and it's workingggggg. No more smell and less discharge . And normal discharge! Yussss. But the side affects suck. I'm constantly dizzy but it only lasts a few seconds at a time for me. Nausea doesn't really go away. Constant headache. Crap. BUT it worksssssss."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2016

For Diverticulitis: "I was diagnosed for the 1st time at the ER after a CT scan. Cipro 2x and flagll 3x per day were prescribed. I can't feel any pain b/c I'm too focused on the nausea, dizziness, bloating, gas and diarrhea. Day 2- I had an important meeting to attend (that I could not miss), the metallic taste was awful and the smells when I walked in the room made the nausea unbearable. Out of desperation I popped 2 pieces men tos spearmint gum in my mouth and sucked on them and within minutes felt so much better. The mint soothed my stomach and I was functioning. I went on to another meeting thereafter and did just fine. Thereafter, I tried peppermint candy but it didn't have the same effect. I'm on a clear liquid diet too which doesn't help"

Damn colon (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have had baby since I was 17 years old and I am now 34. I've had it basically every day. I take my medicine it goes away and it comes right back the doctor told me that there is absolutely nothing he can give me to get it to clear up completely. I found that taking the medicine with milk prevent that nasty taste in your mouth It Coats your mouth and then also coach your stomach so it helps with the nausea. This is my probably 30th or 4th time taking this medicine and it seems to not be working at all this round I might have a yeast infection I don't know? But let me tell you ladies I have suffered with this for more than half my life. I get it with sex protected and unprotected and even if he pulls out I hope you girls can find something"

Tlovestar June 28, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Intraabdominal Infection: "I read all of these reviews on the side effects of this medication. They scared me so bad because I have hurt for 2 weeks, and I didn't want to add more pain on top of that. But the only side effects I have had are tiredness, and a bit of a headache. Only a few days into my 2 week dose, but hoping it fixes whatever problem I have been having with my intestines! Don't be afraid to take it like I was."

Kathleen85 June 28, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Flagyl is one of the worst bitter taste medicine I ever got. However, it does helps me feel better after I finish a 7days course, but my first 4 days was extreme bad. Headaches, adominal pain, dry mouth, lost of taste and appetite. Worth it or not I am still not sure. But I know that it make my man have allergic reaction after sex that worried me even more."

thatMK (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2016

Flagyl IV (metronidazole) for Bacterial Infection: "I am on day 4 of flagyl. The medicine is working , which is great, but side effect are dizziness , nausea are the worst I ever had!!! I won't go thru this ever again, Side effect too intense to deal with!!!"

Anonymous June 27, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was prescribed metro after noticing a pungent smell coming from my lady area which was a symptom of bv. I was instructed 2 times a day morning and night for 7 days, on day 3 the smell was completely gone but I'm still doing the full 7 so I don't risk the symptoms returning. I eat a meal before each pill and wait 10 minutes for the food to settle before taking the pill and I haven't had any headaches, nausea or blurry visions some people have experienced. The downside is that the drug kills bad as well as the good bacteria so there's risk of a yeast infection so I've been eating yogurt daily to try and prevent that, so far I am happy with the results and on day 5. The downside of the pill is the metallic aftertaste which is really strong a"

pluvo (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I started taking the pill a week ago , end up getting my period 3 days after and I just been bleeding since today is the 10th day I don't understand"

Dimples24 (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I had BV, which I already had a feeling due to a strong 'fishy' odor, esp after intimacy. I had to take two pills for seven days. If this is your first time taking this pill, push it as far back to your throat or swallow it as fast as you can without letting it dissolve on your tongue, this pill has a very strong nasty metallic taste! Drink lots of water or w.e works. Within the second day of the course, I had no smell at all which was a huge relief! Avoid alcohol.I finished my course and I am happy to say the only main side effect was dizzyness and feeling tired. Metronidazle does not treat a yeast infection, but it can lead to one so be prepared and consider taking Diflucan as soon after to prevent or cure a yeast infection."

Anonymous June 23, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Bacterial Infection: "Working antibiotic, definitely strong on the side effects, feels like I have to urine as if I was pregnant, insomnia for sure, thank god I only need to take this pill for alittle time, stomachs upset all the time, not when eating but early in the morning, feels the need to vomit."

Lriel559 June 22, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I started taking this medication when I got BV. My doctor is great and always knows best! This medication was great. No side effect besides eating less, and that's fine with me! I could lose a little weight ! =] overall satisfied , and BV is gone!"

Jodjod June 21, 2016

For Trichomoniasis: "I was prescribed flagyl 500 mg for trich and bv to be taken twice a day for 7 days. All I have to say is thank God I'm on my last day with this med. I've had horrible side effects, like constant headache, nausea, tiredness, loss of appetite, and it feels like I been hit by a car. On the bright side though I no longer have a discharge or odor whatsoever. I definitely learned my lesson about having unprotected sex that's for sure! Well good luck on this med it does work!"

Nicky w/trichy (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I am taking this medication along with clarythrymizine and omeprazole for the h by lori. These medications make me feel with lots of stomach pain, overtime i drink them i have to run to the bathroom, the taste in my mouth is awful. I am on my 9 day and since day one my stomach has had more pain then before taking these. Hope it gets rid of the bacteria."

Nancy0712 June 18, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "A year ago I got treated for thrush. I had blood tests, swabs etc. A few months after I then started having symptoms of UTI. Again I went to the doctors and got tests done to rule out STD's. Thankfully it all came back negative. It has now been a year and I thought I was having recurrent thrush. I pushed for my 3rd lot of tests as I felt something wasn't right, (pain during intercourse and bleeding after). I have now finally been diagnosed with BV - medication 3 tabs a day for 7 days plus probiotics & Nilstat cream. It's day 2 and already I've noticed a HUGE improvement. No SE accept for slight bloating and fatigue. Fingers crossed I won't have to deal with these horrid symptoms again."

Sez182 June 17, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Bacterial Infection: "This wasn't right for me. Only was on it for 5 doses, so I don't know if it helped. I puked up the fifth dose, then got dizzy, and almost passed out on the ride to the ER. It settled down after a couple hrs, Had no alcohol for the past 10 days. This likely wouldn't happen to most people. But it's got gnarly side effects if it don't agree with you."

karl1 June 17, 2016