User Reviews for Metronidazole

Also known as: Flagyl, Flagyl 375, Flagyl ER, Flagyl IV, Metro, Metro IV, Metryl, Protostat

Peritonitis

1 review 25 medications
Dientamoeba fragilisNot rated - Be the first1 review 12 medications
Summary of Metronidazole reviews 6.6 1,480 reviews

Reviews for Metronidazole

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Diverticulitis: "I went to ER with acute diverticulitis and was prescribed Metronidazole along with Cipro and pain pills. I was administered a couple pain shots and thought I could go home and take these meds and get better. Three days later I was back in the ER and let them admit me this time. The terrible headaches, horrific taste in my mouth, nausea and vomiting was about more than I could bare. I have had sleeve surgery and so my stomach is small, but this gave me such bad heartburn and indigestion, I could not imaging a medicine making a person this sick. I, also, had diarrhea with every bathroom trip and very dark urine. I couldn't even stand the taste of water or the food I ate tasted horrible along with a lack of appetite, lethargy, and light headedness. I finished my prescription of ten days, but I hope I never have to take this horrible drug again. One good thing about it is my diverticulitis pain is gone, and I pray it will never return."

sister2 September 15, 2018

For Trichomoniasis: "I've been infected with it for about 4 months now. Went in for a mega dose 4 pills 2000mg. It wasn't bad taking the medication and no side effects, did seem to kill off most of the infection. Since treatment have not been seeing any discharge come out of the tip of my penis, before I had treatment usually in the morning I could like squeeze the tip and see white discharge come out, but after treatment killed most of the discharge and I do occasionally have itching irritated feeling in my urethra. Now I've noticed discharge stains in my underwear when I wake up in the morning like I did before treat meant. So I'm assuming the 2000mg I took 4 pills didn't kill off all the infection so I'm gonna have go in and get re treated. But this taught me a lesson to have protected sex !!!!"

Truthbetold September 14, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I give this drug a 1. I'm so sick of meds. This drug makes you feel like garbage. Never again. I have dark urine, nausea, anxiety, makes me feel unwell all together and gives you a fever too. I have 4 pills left and can't wait to finish it ."

Ah September 14, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This by far is the MOST DISGUSTING medicine I've ever taken!! The side effects are horrible. My stool has been very loose, I've been nauseous and threw up because the taste is so bad. I had to brush your tongue immediately afterwards because the taste would stay in my tongue all day. But besides that the pills works wonders! Odor and discharge was gone in three days!!"

TheRetro (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "After taking this pill I began to feel nauseous, light headed, tired and dizzy. I could barely breathe and felt like my throat was closing. My pee turned dark and I could barely eat. The only thing that is good about the pill is that it makes the infection go away fast."

Non (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Okay am I the only one stopping in day 3? I was supposed to take 500mg 2x a day for 7 days a week but today is enough. My heart kept pounding last night and I have chest pain so this is scaring me I am also scared to stop taking this completely I had a pap smear something about an infection in my vagina which my doctor thought was most likely from using scented wipes."

Mommabear September 13, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I read tons of reviews before hand and was terribly nervous that I too would be sick and have adverse side effects. Because of this, I took extra precautions by eating a full meal at every dose and taking each dose exactly 12 hours apart. I am on day 6 of 7 and so far, still no side effects. I know so many people will share their bad experience but I wanted to share my positive one. I was apprehensive at first but glad iIwent through with this treatment. Good luck!"

Roe (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was suffered with severe BV for 6 months. The smell was awful and I had minimal discharge. I’m on day four of my treatment and I already have no discharge and the odor is completely gone. On day three I woke with a clumpy discharge and some gas. Other than that I’ve had no other side effects. Can’t wait to complete my treatment."

Marie (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

For Trichomoniasis: "I just wanted to review the comments while taking metronidazole. I was almost diagnosed with trich a few days ago. The medicine has caused me to feel like garbage . This has been such a long week for me so ready to feel better already. Stuff makes me not want to have sex NEVER AGAIN.!!!!!"

Bella (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

For Diverticulitis: "I’ve been on a dose of cipro and flagyl for 7 days. Three days to go -thankfully!!!!! My experience and side effects are similar to what I’ve read on this site. All I can say is “it better work”. I’m 70 years old and never remember feeling this bad. The doctors really should tell you about the horrible taste in your mouth, lack of appetite etc etc. Pretty miserable. Thankful there are drugs to combat illnesses. Just think about how our ancestors must have suffered!!!"

Bam (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I will never take this again!! Given 500 mg 2x/day for 7 days. I’m on day six and will not be taking anymore. First two days, headache and felt like my throat was swollen shut at night. These last four days severe nausea, migraine headache, stomach pain, weakness, fatigue. I’ve had cotton mouth the entire time and little appetite. The headache, stomach pain and nausea are incapacitating today-left work early to come home and decided no more for me. I’m done and hope it doesn’t take too long to get out of my system. Horrible side effects!! Not worth it and please find something else to take if possible!"

Jacobis (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Diverticulitis: "I am a Flagyl survivor. Today I finish my 48 hours of it getting out of my system following 7 harrowing days of physical assault. Day 3 brought debilitating stomach pain, incapacitating nausea, dizziness/brain fog. The hospital had to confirm for me that the diverticulitis was not worse it was the medication’s side effects. What??? Is this 2018? I am a healthcare provider and this has given me insight into people’s distrust of the medical profession. The medicine first patented in 1963...now in generic form...and never an attempt to refine the med to reduce side effects? Or produce alternatives? I have an intense full time job, got lucky I was sick over the long weekend (????) and just made it through day 6 and 7 at work with the use of partially effective Zofran (anti-nausea). Find any alternative drug or treatment. I just lost 10 days of my life first to illness then to the treatment. I believe quality of life matters. Good luck diverticulitis suffers! I’m with you in spirit."

Jame (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I used gel and only alleviates symptoms for a week and the discharge comes back."

Guest (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

For Diverticulitis: "I am prescribed Metronidazole fairly frequently for recurrent diverticulitis, usually 400mg 3xdaily for ten days alongside coamixiclav 500mg 3xdaily for ten days. Coamixiclav I can handle all day long but metronidazole is just really hard work. It causes severe headaches and confusion, extreme fatigue and apathy, dizziness, slurred speech, I would be severely idiotic to even attempt to drive, I get a racing heartbeat, hot hands, gurgling stomach so loud it wakes me up, my stomach feels like it turns to stone, and then there's the nausea. Relentless, overpowering nausea worsened with movement but no vomiting. All those disgusting, unbearable physical side effects are bad enough but worst for me is the state of mind it creates. I honestly feel a deep depression whenever I take metronidazole. Not because of the side effects, just in general. I feel so utterly, wretchedly depressed and desolate I don't know what to do with myself. It is a horrifically dangerous drug in my opinion."

Beans (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 6, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I’m only 2 days in on this medicine and it’s making me extremely nauseous, foggy minded, constant heartburn and heart palpitations as well as exhausted... this was my first time attempting this medication, I’ve been getting BV regularly for over 5 years and I’ve always treated with the gel but randomly I decided to test the pill out. I do not suggest this to anyone... just go with the gel ladies !!! It may seem annoying and time consuming but take the extra time to just go home for 5 consecutive nights and do it... this pill is literally making me feel depressed and dizzy as well."

Leila (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I’ve taken this drug before, years ago, and had really no side effects. This time around, however, on day 3 I’m feeling incredibly nauseous, bloated and I have a horrible migraine, which I never get. I’m not one for leaving reviews, but I figured I’d share my experience so people know what they’re getting themselves into. The gel might be a better experience."

Meg (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

For Giardiasis: "I am in the middle of a 5 day, 3x250 mg treatment for giardiasis. I don't know yet if I have got rid of the bugs for good, but metronidazole has been a life saver for me so far as my stomach cramps used to keep me awake at night. I also want to thank my doctor for listening to me and having me tested for parasites even though she did not think that it would be useful! I did have a headache on the first day, and I still feel the metallic taste in my mouth, but I will take that any day compared to what I was going through before taking the medication (I am taking a relatively low dosage though which may explain why the side effects are mild)."

Lizzie (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This drug completely works for getting rid of the infection - I had them for bacterial vaginosis but I had the worst side-effects. I experienced stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, headaches, severe dizziness, nightmares and confusion. I really badly wanted to get rid of the infection so I took the medication right until the end of the seven day course at 400 mg twice a day, despite the side effects. You need to swallow the tablets after you have eaten as it works best on a full stomach. I would recommend waiting about 10 minutes or so after eating for your food to be digested before taking the tablets. The tablets taste awful so have them with a drink or swallow with food. Infection started to clear up after the first day. Just be prepared that you might get some awful side-effects but the drugs will work. Hang in there."

9876Doll September 4, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I hate this! I was prescribed this 500mg twice daily for 7 days for trich and it has done NOTHING for me. I don't even know what to do anymore. It tastes horrible and makes my stomach hurt really bad. I'm 7 weeks pregnant and I've seen online that it says not to be taken in first trimester although I was prescribed. Will never take this nasty medicine again."

MiserablePregnantLady (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2018

For Dental Abscess: "Abscess pus must come out. Abscesses should be drained. Surgical approach for incision and debridement is best. Antibiotics do not work well for abscesses alone."

Anonymous September 3, 2018

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Diverticulitis: "I am taking flagyl and cipro together. I don't know what is worse - what I'm taking it for or the misery it is causing me."

big wave dave September 1, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I wouldn't recommend this drug to anybody because the side effects are so severe. Although, this drug will clear your infection. I had BV and was instructed to take it twice for 7 days. In those 7 days I experienced severe abdominal cramping (that kept me up at night), nausea, vomiting, sluggishness (sleeping longer than usual) and slightly darker urine. Make sure to AVOID alcohol while taking this antibiotic because it can cause more severe side effects. On my last dosage of this pill I stayed up all night throwing up for 7 hours, every 20 minutes. If you find that your dosage is too high immediately contact your doctor. Not everyone experiences the same side effects so don't stay away from this drug because of all the reviews. If you are advised by a medical professional to take it, try it out for yourself."

Shayshayy (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Wow this drug is powerful!! It has made me feel so sick and its only been two days I am really trying to hold on - but my gosh."

Maddie August 31, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Awesome for treating BV but the side effects are awful. Brown urine, fatigue, and very bad nausea on top of already being pregnant."

MG (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Prescribed 500 mg x2/7days for BV. By Day 3, I had pain and tingling in the heel of my right foot and ankle. The pain was eased by massaging, but it also moved to the outer ankle with severe edema. After that area was relieved by massages, the pain moved higher. The issues persisted for more than a week. Although, I shouldn't self-diagnose, I first thought it was a blood clot but now I believe it was peripheral neuropathy. Several years ago, I was prescribed Flagyl. Back then, the first full day after finishing the medication, was horrible. I experienced dizziness, confusion, and rapid heart beat. My employer nearly called 911. I could barely remember my name. I was finally able to tell them that I had a relative who lived close by and I could go there to rest. They had to escorted me there and I had to make arrangement to retrieve my car later that day. So, this time around with the medication, I was expecting some type of reaction, but not definitely not nerve damage."

fannie August 30, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...