User Reviews for Metronidazole

Also known as: Flagyl, Flagyl 375, Flagyl ER, Flagyl IV, Metro, Metro IV, Metryl, Protostat

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Crohn's Disease, Maintenance 4 reviews 26 medications

Clostridial Infection 20 reviews 28 medications

5.5
Summary of Metronidazole reviews 973 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Metronidazole

For Bacterial Infection: "Started on Metrondizole 400mg 3 times a day to treat ?PID/ BV. Since taking this my original stomach pressure/pains and fever have gone. However, I now feeling dizzy, nauseous and have a sore tongue. Started it on Tuesday so only have 2 more days to go thank goodness!! Has any one else experienced the dizziness and nausea?"

CLx3 February 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Im 20 year old female, So far I'm only on day 3. I had diarrhea, nausea, headache, heart burn, and numb hands at night. Also bruised easier. Tastes horrible! I don't feel any relief I have 6 more days to go. :("

Sadgirlsad February 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I've taken this pill for 3 days now and the odor in my vagina is still there. When will this odor go away?!!"

marielex February 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Diverticulitis: "wow....is all i can say. I was in a terrible state one week ago today. Woke up at 5 am to pain in lower abdomen and was in the bathroom the best part of 3 hrs straight. By 730am losing just blood three hrs of this and hospital it was. I was hooked to iv fluids and meds..numerous tests run to nothing showing up seriously!!! I was sent home after 6 hrs..with cipro one two times daily and and flagyl one three times a day. It was on top of reg meds for bp and R .oh boy nothing in stomach, feeling ill, popping all these pills took a few days to eat anything. My gut is in an awful state woke up many nights feeling ill, mornings are the worst I feel like throwing up. Then last night I woke to vomit in mouth..sorry...but these meds are brutal. I'm done..and stomach still a mess."

dgould (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Metronidazole - You do know that flagyl comes in a vaginal gel form? This should help those who suffer from side effects from pill form."

Anonymous February 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This medicine makes me VERY sick"

JessiePoe February 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I developed BV from taking antibiotics for a skin infection. And I got a prescription for metronidazole 500mg two a day for 7 days. The pill did what it was supposed to do to clear up things but the taste is awful. The trick is to get a piece of bread and wrap it around the pill. It takes away the taste. Worked for me and I don't have BV anymore. THANK GOODNESS!!!"

Z.E February 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "My experience has been pretty neutral compared to many of the other reviews I've read. I was prescribed 500mg 2x a day for 7 days for BV. Just took my last dose. The pill tastes awful and chalky, and I've had a bad taste in my mouth all week. I've had a pretty constant, yet minor headache, and a slight loss of appetite. Definitely glad it's over, but I had a much better reaction to it than most people. As for the BV, I was on my period this week, so it's been hard to gauge. I know the odor is gone, but I'm still unsure about the amount of discharge. My follow up appointment is next week so hopefully it's done with (for now)"

Ctb_1988 February 17, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was just prescribed this medication because I have an issue with reoccurring BV. My doctor told me there is no cure for it and about 70% of women are diagnosed with it. I am on day 4 and I can't take it anymore. I was not experiencing any symptoms until this morning when I was getting ready for work. I was extremely nauseous, but still tried to push through. I eat before I take any medication. I also have been drinking nothing, but water. As I was working I started experiencing chills and started profusely sweating. I went to the bathroom and my vision got fuzzy. My chest was tightening and I could not breathe. I was experiencing a lot of anxiety and had an anxiety attack. My stools have been loose and I stopped wanting to eat :("

Jenny H February 16, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Reading all of the reviews for this drug sure makes one second-guess if they even want to take it, so I wanted to share my experience. I was prescribed 500mg 2x a day, and my provider was very clear when he said don't take it on an empty stomach, and don't drink alcohol with it. Makes sense, because 500mg is a pretty hefty dose. I take one in the morning with milk, after breakfast, and one in the evening after dinner. Didn't try a sip of alcohol while taking it (certainly wouldn't want to lessen my chance of BV going away). My side effects weren't bad at all, in fact I didn't notice a thing! If you take it how you're supposed to, it's a very effective antibiotic and WELL worth getting rid of BV. Good luck ladies!"

alwayssunny08 (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Trichomoniasis: "I was treated for trich on Janurary 12 and was tested positive for trich I was prescribed a metronidazole I took 4 pills and threw it up so I called my doctor and told them I threw it up so they sent another prescription of metronidazole I took it the second time my test came back positive so now I have to take more medicine of metronidazole this medicine is bitter...."

disappointment (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Trichomoniasis: "I found out a had trich from my pap examination, the doctor immediately prescribed me metronidazole 500mg and to take all four pills at once. I'm not sure if it worked because I still feel the same way I felt before I took the pills. And I had no symptoms at all. So I wouldn't know how to rate the meds because I'm still hoping it just goes away by me just taking all four of those tablets. So can anyone tell me how long does trich last?"

Manely (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "So I am on my 5th day of 7 day 500 mg tablets, every morning I wake up at take one at 9am, go back to sleep for an hour or so and wake up vomiting. But the vomiting doesn't stop there. I have vomited 10 times today, I'm unable to eat, I have no energy, and uncontrollable diarrhea. I haven't been able to work since on this medicine because every hour, I'm in the bathroom at least twice. I'm severely pissed that I am having these adverse reactions and am so thankful that tomorrow is Monday and the doctor's are open."

Lou Lou96 February 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was prescribed 500 mg tablets twice daily for 7 days. This has been a truly awful experience. Throwing up constantly, horrible heartburn, insomnia, exhaustion, heart racing, sugar cravings, HORRIBLE migraines, light sensitivity The side effects almost made me give up several times. But I stuck it out and took the medicine. Now I'm cured of my infection, but I'm not sure if it was worth suffering through the medication or not."

Kasaobake (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Due to the menopause I had bv and was prescribed metronidazole luckily I had no side effects and bv went .Sadly I have bv again and was given metronidazole again this time 2000mg in 5 tablets in 1 day.This time I have felt off , and drained with poor appetite but that's all luckily ,my symptoms are already after 4 tablets (1600mg) going. I also had Metronidazole after experiencing an infection after the removal of a tumor on my cervix I was very ill but not through the drug. I'm sad to hear many people have had bad experience with this drug and I really hope you all make good recoveries. Guess I'm just lucky.I will also not be using bubble bath any more ."

Karen1486 (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have been taking this medicine for 5 days now 3xs a day. I also was just starting my cycle when I begin taking this medicine for BV. It has completed clear up the heavy discharge and foul smell, but the side effects has had me sick. Every day I feel nauseous, no appetite, and find myself awoke in the middle of the night. I have had no energy and everything I try to eat feels like it gives me indigesgion. Working and taking these pills have made it very difficult this past week. Today which is Saturday I took the 1st pill but I skip the 2nd one due to feeling absolutely horrrible. Well now it's bedtime and I've taken the the 3rd one.I'm not taking any of them tomorrow because I can't stand another day of this sickening feeling."

Kittygirlcat February 12, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Infection: "Today is Saturday, Diagnosed with BV on Wednesday. 2 pills a day for 7 days. Last night I started having having really really bad pain on my right side. Barely could sleep at all last night. Mid way thru night it went away enough for me to get some sleep. All day today was just feeling uneasy. A lil cramping. Now it's night time again and the pain is back. Omg, it is absolutely so uncomfortable and irritating. I hate this feeling. Also getting slight headaches. Appetite is fine. Pill taste is fine as long as I drink it with orange juice I can't even taste it. Ughhhhh, 3 1/2 more days to go. Can't get here fast enough. I hope I NEVER get BV again in my life :-( ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!!"

Tee in Texas (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Infection: "Had severe diarrhea, admitted in hospital. They gave me Flagyl,and it stopped the diarrhea. Then at home 4 years later had severe diarrhea and used 500mg of Flagyl 3 times a day,and was well. Thank the Lord for Flagyl."

thankful to God for Flagyl (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Trichomoniasis: "This medication gave me pancreatitis!!! As an alternative I was prescribed Tinidazole. After being hosptalize for a week I'm afraid to take anything. Doctors claim they don't know what else to give me to treat Trichomoniasis.. This is the worst experience of my life and I don't know what's next."

Anonymous February 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Was prescribed 500 mg 2x day for bacterial vaginosis, a common vaginal infection. Every time I've tried to take this for bacterial vaginosis it caused me to have extreme vaginal discomfort! Stinging itching and burning, making the symptoms of the BV 10x worse! I can't make it through one day on this drug. I plan on trying other homeopathic treatments from now on. Ladies beware"

Sassypantsjane February 9, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Infection: "I've been taking the meds for 12 days which was prescribed 3 pills every 8 hours 500mg for 10days. I have the metallic taste in my mouth, burning sensation in stomach, diarrhea, nausea, lost of appetite..I can't bare taking 3 a day but tomorrow I will try :-("

Me08 February 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed this medication 500mg 2x a day for 7 days. The worst symptoms for me that no one else has mentioned was the heart burn! Yikes. But the nasty taste in my mouth was easy to overcome by just keeping hard candy around. The BV is all cleared up though."

Stella176t February 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Infection: "After two 10 rounds of penicillin 4 weeks apart prescribed for skin infection and another for superficial cut/injury to shin, I developed sharp lower stomach pain (like I was kicked in groin area) for one night, chills and then almost two weeks of constipation. When I got home went to my PCP and he ordered CT scan and stool sample. CT results were fine, stool sample from lab (thank you FDX) was positive for C-diff, which I had never heard of. Now on Metronidazole, 500mg 3X daily for 10 days. 77 year old male with a lot other health problems. DID NOT NEED THIS!"

Sambuca (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Unlike most reviews I read prior to taking these pills, my experience was completely positive. When I had the symptoms of BV it freaked me out but I knew it was that and nothing else, I was prescribed 2 a day for 5 days and after the first day, my symptoms had gone, I'm on my last day having experienced no side effects at all and I feel so much more comfortable :) most people get BV again in three months time so I'm hoping that doesn't happen! The only off side to this medication is that I had to swallow it with food, the pill size is relatively normal but I struggle taking any pills so I guess that's just a personal problem, overall really pleased :)"

luce34578 (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This is the worst pill ever!! I've had to take 3 times a day for 7 days and I feel so horrible. I diarrhea out EVERY single thing I eat even if I eat a grape. On the 5th & 6th day I started experiencing really horrible abdominal cramps. It made me feel likes my bladder was full but nothing would come out. I've just been drinking lots of water to help me urine so the urge wouldn't be so intense. This is my 6th day & even though I only have a day left this pain is horrible. The smell of my vaginal is disgusting way worst than before I started taking the meds. I don't wish this bad feeling on anyone. Has anyone else experienced this?"

Brittanylowe February 3, 2017