User Reviews for Metronidazole (Page 4)

Also known as: Flagyl, Flagyl 375, Flagyl ER, Flagyl IV, Metro, Metro IV, Metryl, Protostat

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Crohn's Disease, Maintenance 3 reviews 25 medications

Giardiasis 12 reviews 13 medications

5.9
Summary of Metronidazole reviews 785 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Metronidazole

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "So, I just completed my seven day course of Flagyl. It's been seven days of Hell.... I had one day where I thought I was fine... I think second day. And then, pelvic discomfort, loose bowels, fatigue, aches. I didn't know if I was sick or if it was the meds. And, sometimes the urine was clear and then sometimes Amber color... Last night was my last pill. Today, I still feel crampy and had Amber urine... I'm also gluten intol. And I ate a 1/2 slice of wheat bread by mistake. The discomfort could also be from that. I would hate to have to take this med again but loved it when one of the blogs was from the woman who had "bad se' from it the first time but none after. Hope my bv has gone away."

Bubbalooshkie (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I too have had a horrible experience with this medication. By my 4th dose I am extremely naseous, my body feels exhausted beyond compare and I feel like I am going to collapse at any moment. Have no appetite, horrible acid reflux, and no will to get up out of the bed. I was going to try to commit to the full dose of 500mg 2x a day for 7 days, but I've had enough and can't handle these symptoms any longer! Throwing this script in the trash and never taking this poison again!"

Jewels614 June 3, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I hated it at night, had headaches and just felt bad until I realized that instead of taking it with a half glass of water when I was already in bed I needed to drink as much as I could and take it one hour or more before going to bed. So this is what worked for me. I took it with a glass of milk then drank a cup of chamomille tea and added a glass of water. I walked around a bit and soon enough all that liquid would send me to the bathroom where I honestly thought I was flushing it out of my system Thats how I started today. Day 6 of 10. I take 3x500mgs daily. And I am finally sure I will survive it. My other problem was an upswt atomach (before the pills) but eating bits of cooked rice/crackers every hour my stomach is better."

Jencoga (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I contracted my first case of BV two weeks ago and thought it was a yeast infection. I waited a week before going in and getting tested. I was first prescribed clindamycin cream which did absolutely nothing for me except for worsen the symptoms and give me a UTI. I switched to Flagyl last night and I started feeling noticeably better six hours later. I couldn't believe it! This morning, the terrible burning is gone. I am still going to take it for six more days because that's what the doctor told me to do. I am also upping my probiotic intake to replenish the good bacteria and prevent a yeast infection (100 billion CFUs a day). I would give it a 10/10 except for the fatigue and upset stomach I am experiencing."

Anne_H June 3, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was prescribed Metronidazole for BV, I was severly nauseas 2 days after starting the doses, I couldn't eat more than a few bites of any of my meals... even the sight of food turned my stomach! The taste is rancid, it almost has a weird/nasty feeling in your mouth, too. But my symptoms seem to have cleared up, I didn't finish the full 7 day dose, per my Dr since symptoms cleared and nausea was so bad, I was advised I could stop with only 2 doses left. I will never take this antibiotic again, it feels awful being nauseas, never mind that severly and for that length of time! Gel for me next time, if needed!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2016

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: "Took for 10 days for H. Pylori along with two other medications. Left a slightly odd taste in my mouth and made me a little drowsy. No other significant side effects, and cured me of this nasty bug."

WincS (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Clostridial Infection: "Absolutely awful side effects. First the dark urine color (not really a problem, but bizarre), then the fatigue, the nausea, the total loss of appetite. I was on this for 10 days for a c.diff infection (caused by clindamycin... AVOID CLINDAMYCIN) and I lost ten pounds. I had to force food down my throat just so I wouldn't wither away, and I could barely get out of bed. Took care of the worst of the c.diff, but not all of it. I still have a c.diff culture in my gut 6 months later."

smobo (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Diverticulitis: "Was given this for diverticulitis and after day 3 of taking woke up in a cold sweat, hair soaking wet and feeling faint. Slurred speach and overall feeling of dying! Went back to ER and they said it was side effect of this medication. They told me to continue no matter what, told them I'd rather die and threw the medication away. I'm still alive and doing well without this nasty medicine!"

Anonymous June 1, 2016

For Clostridial Infection: "Was admitted into the hospital for 3 days 2 nights and nobody could figure out what was wrong with me. Ended up finding c diff colitis in my stool and was prescribed 500mg metronidazole (flagyl) as oral tablets. Needless to say everyone I hear from tell me it tastes awful. It's best to swallow as fast as possible for the taste is definitely bad. The doctor who prescribed this told me if you drink plenty of water while taking this medication, your side effects may not even exist. Well he was right. The one time I didn't have any water for a few hours I got the absolute WORST headache that would not go away. I recommend at least 16oz of water per hour with this medication and the side effects should be either mild or non existent. staytough"

G slope (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This medication works great, you can literally notice the difference after one dose, but I would much rather deal with the infection than ever take this medication again. Severe headaches, nausea, loss of appetite. Feeling like I got ran over by a train. Day 4 and I called it quits. My headaches were so bad I couldn't even sit up without assistance. Never again! Definitely will be asking for somethibg different next time around."

Brianne7309 May 26, 2016

For Diverticulitis: "I have had diverticulitis attacks 2 times/year for several years and have been successful treating it with Keflex or Cipro. For whatever reason my gastro MD added metronidazole in combo with Keflex this time. After 4 days I'm stoping the metronidazole because of side effects. Metronidazole did not ease the diverticulitis pain faster (still took 3 days for pain to subside) and it has made me tired, lethargic to the point of not even getting dressed. Pressure in my head and severe cramps. Im a high energy upbeat person and this droopy soul doesn't suit me. I'll stick to the Cipro, change up my probiotic and avoid flagyl in the future"

Ckitchen May 22, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "Long time Crohn's after 5 small bowel resections I started getting bouts of intestinal bacteria that caused bloating, cramping and gas. This is the Only drug that helps. My GI now has me take it 2 times daily the first 5 days of each month which helps get the bacteria at bay. Hate the taste so take it with juice."

HeyJude18 May 21, 2016

For Giardiasis: "I returned from India and started having terrible diarrhea within a few days. It continued for two weeks before I went to the doctor. I lost 14 pounds in two weeks. The doctor also gave me cipro. Within 12 hours my diarrhea stopped and I started to feel better. To me this is a miracle drug. I am not sure how must longer I could have gone without being admitted to the hospital."

Dcuppluke1019 May 21, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Doctor diagnosed me with BV and gave me flagyl prescription: 2/ day 500 mg. I have just completed the fourth day. I noticed the symptoms of BV subside by the second day, and by day four the smell and rash are almost completely gone. I've been eating a lot of yogurt, drinking cranberry juice to deter UTI. I've had very little stomach pain, only after I eat dinner. The main side effect I have felt is a constant slight headache(nothing close to a migraine). I also get very fatigued after completing very simple tasks(I had to take a two hour nap after sorting through some of my clothes to donate). Taste is horrid, but I started gulping it down with a smoothie or coconut water, and that disguises it. Worth taking, despite the side effects."

Supaconducta (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I've been on this medication for 4 days, on the 3rd day my vision began getting blurry which caused a slight headache. Day 4 my vision is so blurred I can barely see. I began seeing white spots in my left eye only and now I have a migraine with light sensitivity. It's hard to work, walk or even have my eyes open. I agree with everyone else on here the taste is awful and it does work, but I would like to keep my vision. My Dr recommended I stopped taking it immediately until they find an alternative."

Anonymous May 16, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I'm on day 2 of a ten day treatment right now, and this has to be at least the 3rd time I've had to take these. They work really well. I'm just very prone to bv. A new partner, taking a bath, wrong underwear. .. can set it off. But MY GOSH I hate taking these things. Mainly because of the horrible taste in my mouth for the whole ten days I take them. I eat constantly in an attempt to get rid of the taste. I maybe get slightly nauseous for a lil bit if I take them on an empty stomach. Otherwise, not bad. But, too me, the taste in my mouth is horrible."

Bchristine89 (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2016

For Diverticulitis: "This drug should be banned from human use. It permanently disabled me by attacking my corpus callosum (middle brain) - the first time. I had t to resign from my federal job because I could no longer walk, talk, or write. After treatment at an acute rehab, I got C-diff and was prescribed more flagyl. I began to fall on my face. After several brush burns and other related issues I was in and out of the ER. Four years later, I am left with slurred speech, vision and heart issues. To date no one has taken responsibility for this drug."

Corpus Callosum May 16, 2016

For Clostridial Infection: "My rating is not on the medicine's efficacy as I am only halfway through. I just want to share the hellacious side effects that I have had on it. I literally want to die. Constant headache, fatigue, nausea, loss of appetite, and absolutely everything tastes terribly. Pharmacist recommended lots of gatorade to battle dehydration, but nothing helps. I'm determined to finish the 10 days to beat my infection, but I'm not sure I won't die before then (yes, some exaggeration, but I do feel terribly)."

Jordan Michael (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "On my last day after surgury. the pills do have an odd taste, and my stomach is upset occasionally, and i'm fatigued often after meals, but it seems to be working very well. pulse was raised a few times for no known reason, and a bit anxious, but other than that, seems to be working very well. 4 x 500 per day. I'm a relatively fit 250 lbs 50 year old male."

Bloort (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

For Diverticulitis: "I was put on Flagyl and Cipro for the next ten days. I have been on it for 2 days now and already feel a lot better - just tired. I felt as if I was run over by a truck before I started taking the medication. My pain felt more like contractions!! The pain has subsided quite a bit. Hopefully, by the end of ten days, I will be as good as new!! Good luck to everyone."

Lindroz (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This medicine works well. Has a terrible taste, but got rid of the smell and my discharge is starting to look better. I am on day 5, and I have had a few symptoms. Spinning sensation, nausea, darkened urine, metallic and dry mouth, frequent bowel movements."

TJjjj (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Day 3 of medication and pretty much all BV Symptoms are gone. Thank god!! Hopefully I'll never need this again...once was enough! Fortunately, i did not experience horrible side effets...maybe just tiredness. I"

Nikkie9152 May 9, 2016

For Trichomoniasis: "The best thing to do with this medicine is to take it with applesauce"

Klassi (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2016

For Diverticulitis: "I was put on this medication for diverticulitis. Along with Cipro. I have been taking it for 7 days. I feel like I have been hit by a truck! No energy, sick to my stomach, diarrhea along with a feeling of never being able to get comfortable. I have 7 more days 3 times a day to go! I don't think I can do it! I feel absolutely miserable. Just left a message with the Dr to see what they say about stopping it."

teenie83 May 7, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have taken metronidazole several times. The first time I took it for BV I had bad side effects. I got a huge rash between my thighs. I was sweating profusely. I had a fever twice during the week I was taking it. I was nauseous and felt horrible. I didn't finish it after getting a second fever. The second time I took it for BV I had none of the above. I felt fine and the BV went away quickly. I think this medicine is great. It actually helped me with my digestive problem at the same time. Even with a bad experience I would take it again."

Caramel1976 (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016