User Reviews for Metronidazole (Page 4)

Also known as: Flagyl, Flagyl 375, Flagyl ER, Flagyl IV, Metro, Metro IV, Metryl, Protostat

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Crohn's Disease, Maintenance 3 reviews 25 medications

Giardiasis 12 reviews 13 medications

5.9
Summary of Metronidazole reviews 759 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Metronidazole

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "After bouts of odor, discharge, and itching that I tried to rectify using OTC meds and natural remedies, I went to my OB/GYN and was diagnosed with BV. While this med has helped immensely, the SE are the reason I rated it 9. By day 3 the odor was not as strong (almost gone but I could still faintly smell it). From there things got better symptom wise, but as far as SE that's been hell from day one. Headaches, nausea, bloating, increased appetite which led to weight gain, looser stools, and overall tiredness are all of the issues I experienced taking the 500mg twice daily for a week prescription. Even though I missed dosage times occasionally due to the SE , I took the medicine and finished in 9 days. Next time I will get the gel. Not as bad"

LollipopLiquor (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Ill take bacterial vaginitis any day over feeling like Ive been hit by a pickup truck. My symptoms lessened after the first dose (500mg) so I am confident this med works, but the constant headaches, debilitating nausea and overall feeling of death have me throwing in the towel after day 2. I can't with it. I'm done."

Loafloaf1 (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "so far I haven't noticed a difference in my condition, I'm on the 4th day and I've had severe nausea and severe diarrhea. no appetite just the look of food makes me sick I thought I had a stomach bug u til I read other people's experiences with it. I hope it works for my infection I have but hopefully will never have to take this again it's brutal"

sam901 April 28, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Somehow I got diagnosed with trich. So far it has been the worst experience EVER!!! The pills are very very hard to take. Through out my whole day I'm very sick and Nauseous. I can barely function at work because the medicine is so terrible. Now, I'm not saying it doesn't work. Becaus it does. But the side effects Are very unbearable. But everyone is different and may react different. I can't even finish my whole bottle like they told me to. I'm on day 5. I'm tired of my loss of appetite, sickness, and loose stool. If I still have it when I go to the doctors tommarro they have to prescribe me with something different. Feels like hell."

Prettybug. (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Bacterial Infection: "I'm shocked at how many people say the pill taste awful. I had the mega dosage (4 pills at once) and I just took a big sip of fruit punch, dropped the pill in the back of my throat and swallowed. Tasted nothing. You guys must be sucking them like peppermints. As far a symptoms, barely any. I did get a lil nausea here and there but no big deal. Pills seemed to work almost immediately."

SashaFierceMe April 27, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I took flagyl 2 weeks ago after a cervix operation I was fine .. I have been given metronidazole which is generic for flagyl & it's making me feel sick nauseas headaches I feel ill. I'm only on day 2. The actuall brand flagyl didn't make me feel like this & I crushed it had it with honey & a cup of milk before hand.. This one I'm dealing whole after food & I feel horrible . Don't know if I can finsih this course but after an operation you have to. Will never take this med again generic is worse ."

Bella g (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2016

For Trichomoniasis: "The doctor didn't tell me if I had Bacterial Vaginitis or Trichomoniasis, but he said that I can be cured from both using those pills. He gave me metronidazole in the form of vaginal suppositories, for 10 days every 24 hours and a cream. This is my second time with the treatment because the first time it didn't work. The first time, I used it for 7 days, and other pills that I don't remember the name but the experience was the same. This time I'm on the third day and I'm not having odor or a lot of fluids coming out, just the white one from the pills. But I saw today a green discharge and I'm worried because I feel like I'm not doing it right because I have to insert it with my fingers and I don't know if it goes all the way through."

Roxana21400 (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2016

For Trichomoniasis: "I have trich n I was put on the 4 pills at once of 500mg.I took it Thursday at noon.I was fine.I have to say the taste is not the best.put it way back on ur tongue drink water n swallow. don't start smacking ur tongue around thats what makes u taste it.so I took it went to work and around 9 I got nauseous I came n went .at 1130 at night I was very nauseous I just went to sleep.next day I noticed alot lesse itch n burn.absolutely no more nauseous.today sat is day two I feel good.again in not 100%clear bec occasionally I feel lil itch but I like this pill.also day one on pill I had a one time heavy discharge it was like the infection came out.for you that ask if u get the one time four pills of 500mg.u must take all four at once.trust me u be ok"

beautiful43 April 23, 2016

For Giardiasis: "I have no idea whether my symptoms are from the giardiasis or flagyl. I have constant headache, abdominal pain, nausea, can't eat, major weight loss, and severe fatigue. I cannot work and am barely functioning. Whatever is causing this, I hope it goes away when I am done with this drug. I have never been so sick in my life."

Feel like death (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "As someone who has an extreme phobia of taking any sort of medication, because side effects petrify me, I was devistated when I found out I had to be on antibiotics, I have really bad health anxiety, but my friend sat with me and persuaded me to take and also stayed for a couple of hours to reassure me that if I'd had a bad reaction it would have happend by now, anyway I'm on the 3rd day, I am so proud I have taken them, I've had no side effects accept a strange taste in my mouth but it's not unbearable. This reassures me in taking more medicines in the future if I need to. Because now I've shown myself I can take them and I don't feel any different. So my experience with this Medicine has been gd. Gd luck people"

Tina91 April 21, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Before taking flagyl, make sure to review all possible negative interactions it might have with other medications you're taking. My recent battle with flagyl occurred after I was diagnosed with diverticulitis. It just happened to coincide with my decision to start taking Tagamet for my acid reflux. Little did I know that Tagamet, a fine drug by itself, should not be taken along with flagyl. Soon after my regimen of flagyl and cipro started, I began experiencing a horrible metallic taste that permeated my entire system. My skin became hot and sensitive. I was nauseous. Bad headaches. Dizziness. Stiff neck. Insomnia. Tagamet, a pharmacist told me, was preventing the release of flagyl from my system, compounding its negative effects."

Brother Joe April 19, 2016

For Trichomoniasis: "I'm wondering when my sores will go away .. 2nd day on the pills , taking 2pills every 8 hours .. for 10days"

ilovejay April 18, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Got diagnosed with BV (likely culprit is new sex partner) and am now on day 4 of the 7 day treatment. Really didn't have the fishy smell (thank goodness) but definitely had the thin, whitish discharge and was generally uncomfortable down there. First two days the discharge was out of control but now by day 4 it has decreased a lot (although not totally gone). I'm also still slightly itchy and really irritated down there. With the exception of the really dark urine, I haven't had any major side effects. My biggest fear is that I will get a yeast infection after this, so considering getting some probiotics to take to try and counter balance that."

Gaaah9012 (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Bacterial Infection: "so far I have had some stomach cramping but at least the doctor in the hospital told me what to expect I'm getting better"

phil pots (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I used the vaginal gel and have to say it was very effective. It wasn't as messy as I expected. I did start bleeding heavily like a period. The bleeding lasted about the same amount of days as my normal period. I believe it was my period, just earlier than expected. Overall I would use this again if needed."

ASNOW1 (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2016

For Dental Abscess: "I have a tooth infection and I'm on my fourth day of taking metronidazole I am prescribed 400mg 3 times a day I'm still in agony I have to take paracetamol and ibroprofen just to ease the pain I've had severe head aches and really bad muscular pain I will finish the 5 day course but will not be taking this again for dental perpose again"

Will1986 April 9, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This is my 3rd time getting BV In a row each time I take the metronidazole is about the same it will clear up the infection for a good two weeks maybe three then it will come back. Never really had any bad side affects with the drug but I'm pretty sure it's time to get a different corse of treatment bc this isn't working."

Bri072295 April 8, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Acute: "I really can't believe some of the posters on here. You are not supposed to taste it. Dear me it says swallow whole and some on here are sucking it like a werthers original. Under no circumstances should you drink and yet " I couldn't resist a glass of red wine" Unbelievable Jeff. Personally after two days of not sucking it like a smartie and not taking whilst on a stag doo, I find this medication very good. Beam me up Scotty"

Motty (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2016

For Dental Abscess: "Effective but bitter taste.why not create some fruit flavor coating"

Riduan April 7, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Diverticulitis: "I have taken this for Diverticulitis and BV. It works. Had bleeding and severe almost septic Diverticulitis, was in hospital for 5 days and this cured it. Gets rid of BV too, just make sure to take Rephresh Pro-B pill immediately after finishing course of flagl and continue for a few months if you want to keep vagina healthy. Side affects of flagyl are diarrhea and slight nausea but bearable, just take it in the middle of meal. If you have horrible affects from it you are having allergic reaction, not side affects. I know bc my mom is allergic to flagyl. If taking for diverticulitus, take high grade probiotic for 2 months after finishing course of antibiotics to replenish good bacteria in gut."

Delta20000 April 7, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "The medicine works, but it has really bad side effects on me, severe headache, dizziness, can't get out of my bed, feels like fainting out, but I have to continue the med so that I can be healed. :("

missDizz April 3, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I am on day 4 now of the generic form of Flagyl and I think it's starting to clear up. My doctor also prescribed the gel in case it doesn't, but I haven't picked it up from the pharmacy yet. Day 1 I definitely suffered some nausea, but it seems to be improving. So far so good."

GirlProblms April 1, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I'm on my 4 day of 7. The taste is awful and being that I can't swallow pills the taste lingers but i have yogurt to help me with the after taste. I haven't had any severe side effects just a little skin rash. My symptoms cleared up at about day 2 which was a relief. I couldn't resist having ONE glass of wine and so I did. No side effects from the alcohol and this is day 4. Hopefully I didn't jinx myself. Hopefully, i wont have to take this medication anytime in the near future because 7 days on this medication is a bit much for me"

Beans84 April 1, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Extremely tired. It's much harder to get out of bed in the morning. Ok days, but once night falls, I'm practically falling asleep on the couch. Also, cannot stop eating!!! I have a ravenous, constant desire to eat at night. This is not normal for me and I am sure I will gain a few lbs before this 7 day run is over. Also experiencing strangely dark urine, almost brownish. I have noticed symptoms (thin, whitish discharge, fishy smell) have begun to diminish (as of day 4) but are not gone yet. I also have itching and tenderness in the vaginal area now, possibly the start of a yeast, so I will get some probiotics. This medication completely sucks, but seems to be the most effective. Longest week of my life."

Beybbb April 1, 2016

For Diverticulitis: "This medication makes me and my muscles hurt Like I've been hit by a truck. And that's after day two! I take three a day for intestinal infection (diverticulitis) besides the bad tastes, and maybe some stomach pains, this is my main concern. Makes almost all my Muscles in my Body ache badly. Especially my feet and arms."

Travis2L (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016