User Reviews for Metronidazole (Page 4)

Also known as: Flagyl, Flagyl 375, Flagyl ER, Flagyl IV, Metro, Metro IV, Metryl, Protostat

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Crohn's Disease, Maintenance 4 reviews 26 medications

Clostridial Infection 20 reviews 28 medications

5.5
Summary of Metronidazole reviews 922 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Metronidazole

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed this for an unspecified vaginal bacterial infection. First day of treatment stopped my symptoms completely. (Vaginal irritation, constantly full bladder feeling, and achy, uncomfortable feeling in my uterus) Relief lasted about two days before they reappeared with severe and increasing pelvic pain and pressure, unbelievable exhaustion, nausea, and a horrible feeling of being off and disconnected. I am exhausted, but wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep. The pain and pressure in my pelvis is unrelenting, and nothing helps whatsoever. I feel absolutely awful. It's the only thing I can focus on. Until I read the side affects and realized the drug is doing this, I was terrified that something was seriously wrong."

OBX (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I've taking this medication before and I'm taking it again the only thing that bothers me is the taste around the 5th or the 6th day and my bottom feels tender when I wipe other than that I'm ok. I just don't understand whats going on with me. I had bv last month and how can I calm down the inflammation when I sit down?"

Nicole8 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I have been taking 500 milligrams twice a day for 7 days for BV. I have taken this before but it's been about 15 years. I don't have any problems with side effects. Yes it has a metallic taste but if you are good at taking pills it is not a problem. You need to put a small amount of liquid in your mouth first, throw the pill back then swallow all at once. Can't even taste it that way. The doctor had me paranoid to take this medicine because they said it would make me sick and violently ill if I drink alcohol with it. I did not want to use a cream so this is way easier for me. My past experience is that it will give me a yeast infection but I am prepared this time to treat it. I am thankful I don't have the awful side effects described here."

Jamie1234 November 4, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Diverticulitis: "Taking Flagyl and Cipro for diverticulitis, and got all the symptoms as everyone else. Dry mouth, headaches, funny taste in mouth, diarrhea and generally feel sluggish, tired and beside myself. Though I was the only one feeling like crap but the pain is gone and I too am on a better diet. Seven days left and I am throwing these empty bottles in the trash!"

SevenEleven November 3, 2016

For Dental Abscess: "I was prescribed the 400mg version of to be taken 3 times a day for 5 days to treat a dental abscess. The tablets did a great job at treating the abscess but they did have side effects. I did research the tablets prior to taking them and heard they were not the nicest so I was prepared for that. After a day of taking them I felt quite drowsy for 2 days. Once the drowisness subsided I began to feel nauseous but did not vomit and I developed a terrible taste in my mouth. If you do have to take them, I recommend taking them inbetween your food as I found it helped with the nausea and also to avoid the immediate nasty after taste. Overall I found them to be brilliant at treating the abscess so would take them again."

M.McFly (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was prescribed this for my BV and by the 4th or 5th day of using it my symptoms of discharge and odor were gone. I continued to use it, except one day I took one pill. I got BV again 2 years later."

First BV November 2, 2016

For Trichomoniasis: "I think it all depends on how well you know your body when it comes to taking certain medication. I'm a big eater, so I MAKE sure I do not take this medication on an empty stomach. I took 4 500mg in one day since I missed a dose (recommended by my midwife) and I was completely fine. Source:Experience"

LolaSr November 2, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have been taking this medicine for 2 days and feel absolutely horrible. My mouth keeps watering, I have a metallic taste, can't eat, feel like I'm going to throw up and fast heartbeat "

Worst feeling (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Trichomoniasis: "I was giving four 500MG of Flagyl to take all at once. I took them this past Sunday. I have read a lot about how it tastes bad or is making people sick. I have not had any side affects. I know everyone's bodies react differently but just thought I would share how I took mine incase it helps someone else. I took mine first thing in the morning ate some breakfast took the pills (put them on the back of my tongue its the only way I can swallow any pill. May have helped not taste anything) drank some water and then continued to eat the rest of my breakfast. After that being said I must say that I still have some symptoms so it's left me wondering if these pills have had any affect at all on me but it might still be to early to tell."

Praying4relief (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I am unable to take them because as soon as I try to I instantly throw them back up. I'm on the 400mg tablets and they just don't dissolve even as a powder. And the taste makes me feel ill and non stop gag and lingers for hours"

MadisonClaudia (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I'm not saying the medication doesn't work. It does not go down very well. I went to swallow the medicine at work with a bottle of water and it stuck to the roof of my mouth and caused me to choke and I passed out. Lucky I was at work and my fellow Coworkers performed the Heimlich on me and saved my life. This pill needs to be coated better because it does not go down smoothly at all. It has a roughness and it tends to stick on to your tounge making it very easily for a person to choke."

Mrs W (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I've been taking 5x400mg flagyl/metronidazole for 7 days to treat apparently two parasites in my stomach that have been causing diahorrea for several weeks Metallic taste in my mouth is awful - water and all liquids taste disgusting (I've been chewing sugar free gum constantly to get the taste out of my mouth) Other side effects include a lot of stomach bloating, have actually felt depressed and am lacking in energy and my normal vigour. the first few days, I was getting awful stomach pain and cramping, albeit that has subsided now. I am on day 7 and still have diahorrea, albeit I understand that is a side effect. Just a horrible drug to be on, albeit I hope it works!"

nick from australia October 30, 2016

For Trichomoniasis: "I'm on day 5 of taking 2 pills a day for 7 days now I feel no symptoms of the infection like the itching and burning that's all gone no discharge only problem is always feeling like I'm going to vomit and my head is always hurting and my mouth stay dry and my mouth tastes like I been sucking on a bad penny. Never again will I have unprotected sex with a married man"

Soooo sick (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2016

For Trichomoniasis: "Hey I've Took The Pill, I Took It With Juice. I Sat The Pill On The Back Of My Tongue And Drunk The Juice. I Didnt Taste It At All But Later On That Day I Got Really Tired So I Laid Down. About 1:15am I Woke Up Gagging Then I Rushed To The Bathroom. It Took Me A While To Let it Out But It Finally Came Out, It Wasn't Much . I Went To Get Back & Bed, It Was Hard For Me To Keep My Body Straight Up So I Walked Bent Over A Little. A Hour Later, I Got Up Again & Went To the Bathroom. Nothing Came Up So I Went Back To Sleep. I Just Kept Waking Up, I Couldn't Sleep. My Stomach Was Hurting Me So Bad, I Guess This Pill Side Effects Works Differently On People. So Around 3 Or 4, I Threw Up One Last Time"

Young98 October 28, 2016

For Trichomoniasis: "I was prescribed four 500mg tablets to take at once to treat itch. I made sure to take them close to bed time so I can sleep thru the cramping and nausea. Took with a pepsi so I could mask the taste. Odor is gone next morning. I took some probiotics with the pill to lessen my chances of catching a yeast infection from the antibiotic. Discharge and itch still present. I will update later on the effectiveness of this treatment after a week."

Keybeaze October 27, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have taken this medication before and been fine. This time i have made sure to stay away from any alcohol and ate food prior to taking the medication. From the first moment I took it well lets just say I wanted to throw up. The taste is disgusting. About an hour after I got the worst pain and got so sick to my stomach. Today is day 3 and I'm dreading taking it. I just woke up and wanted to immediately puke. I am still nauseous and trying to fight getting sick. If you have the option to take something else and it works DO IT. This stuff is the worst antibiotic i have ever taken. I also get dizzy and migraines"

Sicktomystomach (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Clostridial Infection: "I am currently finishing up a 14 day round of 3x's a day 500mg Flagyl for C. Diff. C. Diff, alone, is a beast to wrangle. Think food poison but 10x's worse---and the smell, oh that's another thing entirely. I never leave reviews on medications but with the side effects vs. the benefits that I've experienced, I wanted others to know. Benefits: Finally stopped having uncontrollable diarrhea and gas pain. The side effects didn't kick in until about day 7. So far, I've experienced light sensitivity, numbness and tingling on my left flank, insomnia, and an overall feeling of unrestlessness that is very similar to a panic attack. I've also had a runny nose and headaches. The medicine does work but I cannot wait to be finished!!!!!!!!"

Kc16 October 26, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Diverticulitis: "I was prescribed Flagyl and cipro Sunday night when I went to ER for severe abdominal pain. CT scan revealed acute colitis. Day 3 of antibiotics and now feeling nauseous, light headed, no appetite, vomiting and diarrhea. Pain gone but will suffer through if it clears up those pesky parasites. Doc said could be short or long term. I vote for short. The docs should warn of possible side effects to prepare a person."

Dragnldy (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I've suffered with BV for years now and have taken Flagyl a couple of times. For some reason the last time I took it I got the worst side effects ever!!!! It did help with the discharge right away but I got many headaches, odd taste in mouth and extreme nausea! The nausea was the worst part. I would get random episodes and felt absolutely horrible. I just wanted to lay in bed and not move. I always took the medicine with food but still experienced the bad side effects for some reason."

Cheekymonkeys October 25, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I have been on metronidozole 3 times. Bacterial infections are terrible. Ive always been given the 7day 2x a day dosage. By day 3 the extreme nausea begins and i begin to dread having to take them the next 4 days. I need to start asking doctors what they are giving me!!!! This medicine feels like pure death! I never finish all my pills because i end up throwing them back up around day 6. Tips: Water!!!! Stay hydrated it really helps! If youre not good with swallowing pills, try letting it dissolve in a very small amount of juice and take it to the head really fast! It dissolves as soon as it hits liquid anyway so you will taste the pill regardless if you're like me. I know your appetite will be off but eating really helps as well!"

Shan La Kay October 24, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "On my third day of these - no bad feelings. My bv feels much better. Itching not so bad. I've taken them 2 days have five more days to go."

Me. Me (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "They prescribed me 250 mg of this and I was suppose to take 4 pills everyday 2 in the morning and 2 at night. I ended up taking it for 14 days because I could only take 2 pills per day this stuff burned my stomach and I was really dizzy I just finished my final dose tonight. Thank god! And I don't know when I can have a drink again because I took it longer then what I was even suppose to I don't know if that even matter or not ugh."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was prescribed this medication for BV (500mg 2x a day/7) & it was the worsttt experience ever! I got freaking little bumps/sores on my LIPS!! On top of that I had the worsttt pain radiating from my sides to my back, my urine was really dark, I was light headed & felt like I was going to pass out which led to PANIC ATTACKS. My neck hurt, my throat was killing me. I had no relief & in fact it made me feel more like I had a UTI as I also experienced frequency, urgency & burning when I urinated. I stopped taking it after 3 days & called my dr."

sickntired16 October 21, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have had no side effects and this medication works great!! Even if i did have side effects, i would rather have side effects for 7 days rather than having Bv!!!"

Bearrzz October 19, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Bacterial Infection: "As expected"

Granny Di (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2016