User Reviews for Metronidazole (Page 4)

Also known as: Flagyl, Flagyl 375, Flagyl ER, Flagyl IV, Metro, Metro IV, Metryl, Protostat

Peritonitis

5.2

7 reviews
Summary of Metronidazole reviews 6.7 1,348 reviews

Reviews for Metronidazole

For Bacterial Infection: "Today is my last day with Metronidazole. I had 500mg three times a day for 10 days. I normally don't have any side effects from medication however...this one made me so sick. Diarrhea, headache, nausea, dizziness, loss of appetite, weight loss, cramps - I had all for 10 days. I feel sluggish at work, all I want to do is laying down. I didn't stop since this is antibiotic yet I will totally refuse this med to take next time doctors prescribe. NEVER AGAIN!"

bear212 January 22, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I been taking this medicine for 5 days and on day 3 I started feeling my tongue swollen and my mood swings different. My head started hurting my hand and feet feel numb. I have a little chill and itch and also experiencing some memory loss with this medication . I feel like I'm dying I hate this medicine. Never again will I take this and I wouldnt wish this medicine on anyone .Whoever take this medicine good luck."

Darkskin January 22, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Okay, I was told I had H pylori about 2 months ago...they gave me 2 weeks of amoxicillin, clarithromycin, and nexum and it did not get rid of the h pylori at all! The only side effect I had was a metal taste from the clarithromycin. This time they prescribed me 2 weeks of nexum, clarithromycin, and flagyl. Just by adding the flagyl I literally feel like I'm about to die. Non stop nausea all day long, can't eat, can't sleep, intense stomach pain, horrible medal taste all day! I've thrown up about half of my medicine already and anti nausea medicine doesn't seem to work every time! I would not recommend this medication to anyone...it is the worst medicine i've ever experienced! I have no color in my face at all I look horrible!"

Court96 January 21, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "It works. Period. That’s the ONLY GOOD THING. The taste is horrible, it makes you feel sick, nauseous, as if you have to BM but you can never go. Constant headaches, trouble sleeping. HORRIBLE taste in your mouth, not only while swallowing the pill but during the course of the 7 days you have to take it. Every single time I’ve used it makes me feel so sick for 5 of the 7 days that I’m on it. Side effects usually kick in on day 2-3. It’s almost like you feel sick, uneasy and uncomfortable for a week. After it’s done however, the infection does go away, but it will most likely give you a bad yeast infection so, look out for that. I hate this pill. I’d much rather get the vaginal insert version."

HeyItsMeLex January 18, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Take it with Milk or Kefir to kill the taste!"

Anonymous122 January 16, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Was prescribed this medicine for 7 Days 2 times a day 500 dose. After the second day in a very bad metallic taste in my mouth, headaches, diarrhea, no appetite, no energy, and vomiting I manage to stay on the medicine for 4 days, I can't take it any more after the weekend going to call my doctor and see if I can get some more meds besides these because I believe that they are just about killing me - that's how bad I was feeling. Even after 4 days of taking them 2 days after I stop still feeling bad."

babygirl0055 January 15, 2018

For Trichomoniasis: "Well I'm still taking medication since I found on Jan 11 about the trichomoniasis. It is making me feel rubbish but I haven't thrown up like I see a lot people post. It does taste nasty, so leaves a bad taste in mouth and dark urine. The smell and itch went away, I'm still discharging a little hope I'm cured soon 500mg twice a day for a week"

Bhrd January 14, 2018

For Trichomoniasis: "My experience is like most. 500mg twice a day. Very tired yet hard to sleep. Not hungry, thirsty all the time. It hasn't gotten rid of the discharge yet on day 3 but odor is gone. I figured the cure for the taste of poison... Chew cherry sour candy or any sour or super sweet soft candy then put the pill on it before you swallow and then quickly swallow it followed by a glass of anything sweet and you don't have any after taste. :)"

Salliies January 14, 2018

For Trichomoniasis: "When to the doctors and found out I had trich took the meds no symptoms but it came back went again took the meds but it came back 2 more times and they switched my meds it still hasn't cleared up, SMH I don't know what else to do"

Keekee1994 (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Was diagnosed with Bacterial Vaginitis. My doctor prescribed four 500mg pills = 2g taken as one single dose. I had something to eat, took the gravol, took the 4 pills and was off to bed. I took the pills with milk.. didn't taste anything. When I went to bed I felt like I was a little tipsy started to get drowsy fell asleep within a half hour or so. The next morning I had a sharp pain that would come and go in my lower left stomach, migraine, a bit dizzy. Honestly, it just feels like I have a bad hangover. Overall, not as bad as some people made it sound. Maybe taking it with milk, gravol, and on a full stomach helped and I liked the single dose option too because its a one and done deal."

Anonymous January 12, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Was prescribed metronidazole for BV, 500mg twice a day for 7 days. At first I didn't feel any side effects, just a very slight tingling sensation in hands. By day three I had fatigue, light headedness, slight nausea, and some lower back pain. Just felt overall not well. I've read that the back pain is less common but I definitely experienced it. My BV symptoms went away after the first day of taking them, so overall the drug works well, it just has bad side effects."

R_U (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2018

For Trichomoniasis: "I just came to read the comments because I was diagnosed with trich and was only prescribed 4 metronidazole pills 500mg each with instructions to take them all in one dose**that's it!!**. I was wondering how long did it take to work. I'm noticing most of the other comments were prescribed pills for 7-10 days...its only been 24 hours, only noticed a slight change...haven't experienced any side effects only EXTREMELY dry mouth"

miss bossy January 12, 2018

For Trichomoniasis: "I am 29 weeks pregnant, and went to docs, after being misdiagnosed, an given wrong meds, everything got worse, went to ER found out I had trich, they gave me 4 pills to take a once, about an hour later, I was feeling a little better. They then gave me flagyl. I take 2 times a day for 7 days, on my 3rd day, an it seems to be working wonders! As far as I know, no side effects. As I can't really tell because I'm pregnant. But over all! This is a great med to take for this! As I was in so much pain, couldn't walk, so swollen from being given the wrong med at first. This has helped a lot!"

mommy18 (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Gonna share my experience as I have huge medicine phobias & reading these put the fear in me. Tested positive for BV with no symptoms, so I can’t tell you if this helped for symptoms. Had 5x400mg dose in one. Didn’t taste of ANYTHING. Had mildest side effects. Not saying they were pleasant, but they weren’t terrible. Mild nausea, some mild headaches, some mild tummy aches & some heartburn/reflux. Ate a HUGE meal & drank a LOT of water knowing these were gonna be unkind to my stomach. I believe this drug can be nasty. But a lot of reviews are gonna be bad as it’s what people want to share. People who’ve had a good experience on these drugs, just carry on their day, not thinking about leaving a review."

thatgirlthatone (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was diagnosed with BV and took my first dose of 500mg around 2 p.m. Later that night I experienced body aches in both my arms and legs. I have a hard labor job so I thought I might have been sore from the work week. I took next dose in the morning and shortly after I experienced hot and cold flashes, extreme nausea, and loss of appetite. I'm nauseous constantly and have vomited. I don't know how I'm going to make it through the entire prescription!!"

Megtt210103 January 7, 2018

For Trichomoniasis: "I went to the ER yesterday because iIwas itching in the vaginal area. I was diagnosed with trich. They gave me 4 big pills to take one dosage still got a little itch but I'm feeling better what can I do to stop the itch? Are do the pills stop it?"

Lady j45 January 7, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed this drug after 7 days of gastroenteritis symptoms that weren't lessening, so it was suspected I had a bacterial or parasite but it was the holiday period in a remote town so no facilities available for testing. I was hesitant to take this because of all the reviews which is why I think I should share my experience. I was on 400mg 3x a day. I started feeling better within a few hours, and had no further symptoms within 24 hours. Side effects were very mild dizziness on occasion and dark urine. I experienced none of the other side effects here, and the drug was a godsend because it worked so quickly and effectively after days of misery."

Bjjbeek January 5, 2018

For Clostridial Infection: "I was dx'd with cdiff Dec 29th after taking amoxicillin clavunate. I was given Flagyl 500mg 3x day for 14 days. I am 8 days in and feel awful. Nauseous, loss of appetite, light-headed at times, slight headache, fatigue, but restless, no energy. Mostly nauseous in the AM's. Ended up in the hospital Jan 3rd and got IV fluids as I was dehydrated. Praying for a fast recovery for everyone with this. Drinking a lot of water right before and after taking the med helps."

Anon1018 (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "THE WORST!!! I've prescribed this 3 times for my reoccurring wisdom tooth infection and I hate the stuff. All day I feel sick and dizzy I have to keep sitting down and catch my breath before I can get back up again. My chest also hurts and it feels like my hearts racing 100mph all I want to do is sleep and I have another 5 days of this stuff left!!"

Anonymous January 5, 2018

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Pelvic Inflammatory Disease: "So I started this medication 2 1/5 days ago, and let me tell ya... first day was ok, also I'm taking it with Bentyl for IBS and stomach spasms. Now day 2 was weird for me I had this feeling like I had been drinking all night or doing drugs. I couldn't get warm I felt super high, slurred speech, kept repeating to my boyfriend that "this medicine makes me feel like I'm dying." I had to take a Xanax just to fall asleep. Day 3 and I've taken my first pill of the day.. I can eat regularly my vision is clearer... idk I still have 4 days left so we'll see."

TropixBartender January 3, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Worked great. My symptoms subsides after 3 days!!! The only thing that I noticed was darker urine. After reading these reviews, before I started taking the medication, I was concerned that I was going to be sick for the entire week but I had NO adverse side effects! I think it is similar to reviews on products, people are more likely to leave a bad review than a good one. I would bet that most people have minimal side effects such as myself and just don't bother because there was no problem!"

605arm January 3, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I had the paragard for 7 years. This yr (2017) I finally had it removed because I was acquiring Bacterial infections on a regular basis. The medication alone makes you so sick. I have had every single symptom every single time. I have had to skip a dose because I couldn't handle throwing up anymore. I started throwing up gastric juices back to back because I no longer had anything to throw up. It has cured me every time. However, if you must miss a dose then do so (it will still cure you accurately) NEVER stop taking it completely. The secret is to take Dramamine with your antibiotic. TRUST ME! You might try taking dramamine like 20 minutes prior. Good luck everyone!!"

Salllleysuuue January 2, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I am currently on day 4 of 7 and I feel like the underside of a shoe. I am extremely dizzy and am seeing "spots". I can't move around without feeling like I'm on a roller coaster. It's given me diarrhea, bloating and a wretched metallic taste at the back of my mouth. They can put a man on the moon and solve erectile dysfunction, but they can't improve this medication? I've only taken it one or two times before and each time is as horrible as the last. If you have a choice to take ANYTHING else...including a frying pan to the forehead, do that instead. This is the pits."

WinterSeason (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have been taking Metronidazole twice a day for 7 days as my doctor said and I too was okay at first but I am now very tired. I have an horrible headache that I got day 2 and I am now on day 6. I have flu like symptoms and a little irritation to my va jay jay so I'm hoping I'm not like some of the others and have now formed a yeast infection. I also have the paraguard and didn't have these problems before getting it. I've had it in for 3 yrs now. I am scheduling to have it removed this week. Even tho I will miss my light periods its not worth all this. I was also tested for all STDs and everything came back negative except BV so I'm guessing this medicine explains the cramps and lower back pain . Hopefully removing the paraguard will help"

SM22 (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This medication gives me a very upset stomach like a constant lower left abdominal cramp. I also have a bloated stomach and I feel like it creates trapped gas in my intestines , my bowel movements are very weird and I feel constipated. It is important to take a probiotic during and after the treatment because antibiotics like this will destroy the microflora of your intestines and your vagina therefore causing yeast infections you may ask your doctor for difulcan pills to avoid a yeast infection while on this BV treatment."

CATHQmanic December 30, 2017