User Reviews for Metronidazole (Page 4)

Also known as: Flagyl, Flagyl 375, Flagyl ER, Flagyl IV, Metro, Metro IV, Metryl, Protostat

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Crohn's Disease, Maintenance 4 reviews 27 medications

5.7
STD Prophylaxis 1 reviews 25 medications

Summary of Metronidazole reviews 1037 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Metronidazole

For Trichomoniasis: "I found out a had trich from my pap examination, the doctor immediately prescribed me metronidazole 500mg and to take all four pills at once. I'm not sure if it worked because I still feel the same way I felt before I took the pills. And I had no symptoms at all. So I wouldn't know how to rate the meds because I'm still hoping it just goes away by me just taking all four of those tablets. So can anyone tell me how long does trich last?"

Manely (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "So I am on my 5th day of 7 day 500 mg tablets, every morning I wake up at take one at 9am, go back to sleep for an hour or so and wake up vomiting. But the vomiting doesn't stop there. I have vomited 10 times today, I'm unable to eat, I have no energy, and uncontrollable diarrhea. I haven't been able to work since on this medicine because every hour, I'm in the bathroom at least twice. I'm severely pissed that I am having these adverse reactions and am so thankful that tomorrow is Monday and the doctor's are open."

Lou Lou96 February 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was prescribed 500 mg tablets twice daily for 7 days. This has been a truly awful experience. Throwing up constantly, horrible heartburn, insomnia, exhaustion, heart racing, sugar cravings, HORRIBLE migraines, light sensitivity The side effects almost made me give up several times. But I stuck it out and took the medicine. Now I'm cured of my infection, but I'm not sure if it was worth suffering through the medication or not."

Kasaobake (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Due to the menopause I had bv and was prescribed metronidazole luckily I had no side effects and bv went .Sadly I have bv again and was given metronidazole again this time 2000mg in 5 tablets in 1 day.This time I have felt off , and drained with poor appetite but that's all luckily ,my symptoms are already after 4 tablets (1600mg) going. I also had Metronidazole after experiencing an infection after the removal of a tumor on my cervix I was very ill but not through the drug. I'm sad to hear many people have had bad experience with this drug and I really hope you all make good recoveries. Guess I'm just lucky.I will also not be using bubble bath any more ."

Karen1486 (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have been taking this medicine for 5 days now 3xs a day. I also was just starting my cycle when I begin taking this medicine for BV. It has completed clear up the heavy discharge and foul smell, but the side effects has had me sick. Every day I feel nauseous, no appetite, and find myself awoke in the middle of the night. I have had no energy and everything I try to eat feels like it gives me indigesgion. Working and taking these pills have made it very difficult this past week. Today which is Saturday I took the 1st pill but I skip the 2nd one due to feeling absolutely horrrible. Well now it's bedtime and I've taken the the 3rd one.I'm not taking any of them tomorrow because I can't stand another day of this sickening feeling."

Kittygirlcat February 12, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "Today is Saturday, Diagnosed with BV on Wednesday. 2 pills a day for 7 days. Last night I started having having really really bad pain on my right side. Barely could sleep at all last night. Mid way thru night it went away enough for me to get some sleep. All day today was just feeling uneasy. A lil cramping. Now it's night time again and the pain is back. Omg, it is absolutely so uncomfortable and irritating. I hate this feeling. Also getting slight headaches. Appetite is fine. Pill taste is fine as long as I drink it with orange juice I can't even taste it. Ughhhhh, 3 1/2 more days to go. Can't get here fast enough. I hope I NEVER get BV again in my life :-( ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!!"

Tee in Texas (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "Had severe diarrhea, admitted in hospital. They gave me Flagyl,and it stopped the diarrhea. Then at home 4 years later had severe diarrhea and used 500mg of Flagyl 3 times a day,and was well. Thank the Lord for Flagyl."

thankful to God for Flagyl (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Trichomoniasis: "This medication gave me pancreatitis!!! As an alternative I was prescribed Tinidazole. After being hosptalize for a week I'm afraid to take anything. Doctors claim they don't know what else to give me to treat Trichomoniasis.. This is the worst experience of my life and I don't know what's next."

Anonymous February 10, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Was prescribed 500 mg 2x day for bacterial vaginosis, a common vaginal infection. Every time I've tried to take this for bacterial vaginosis it caused me to have extreme vaginal discomfort! Stinging itching and burning, making the symptoms of the BV 10x worse! I can't make it through one day on this drug. I plan on trying other homeopathic treatments from now on. Ladies beware"

Sassypantsjane February 9, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "I've been taking the meds for 12 days which was prescribed 3 pills every 8 hours 500mg for 10days. I have the metallic taste in my mouth, burning sensation in stomach, diarrhea, nausea, lost of appetite..I can't bare taking 3 a day but tomorrow I will try :-("

Me08 February 9, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed this medication 500mg 2x a day for 7 days. The worst symptoms for me that no one else has mentioned was the heart burn! Yikes. But the nasty taste in my mouth was easy to overcome by just keeping hard candy around. The BV is all cleared up though."

Stella176t February 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "After two 10 rounds of penicillin 4 weeks apart prescribed for skin infection and another for superficial cut/injury to shin, I developed sharp lower stomach pain (like I was kicked in groin area) for one night, chills and then almost two weeks of constipation. When I got home went to my PCP and he ordered CT scan and stool sample. CT results were fine, stool sample from lab (thank you FDX) was positive for C-diff, which I had never heard of. Now on Metronidazole, 500mg 3X daily for 10 days. 77 year old male with a lot other health problems. DID NOT NEED THIS!"

Sambuca (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Unlike most reviews I read prior to taking these pills, my experience was completely positive. When I had the symptoms of BV it freaked me out but I knew it was that and nothing else, I was prescribed 2 a day for 5 days and after the first day, my symptoms had gone, I'm on my last day having experienced no side effects at all and I feel so much more comfortable :) most people get BV again in three months time so I'm hoping that doesn't happen! The only off side to this medication is that I had to swallow it with food, the pill size is relatively normal but I struggle taking any pills so I guess that's just a personal problem, overall really pleased :)"

luce34578 (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This is the worst pill ever!! I've had to take 3 times a day for 7 days and I feel so horrible. I diarrhea out EVERY single thing I eat even if I eat a grape. On the 5th & 6th day I started experiencing really horrible abdominal cramps. It made me feel likes my bladder was full but nothing would come out. I've just been drinking lots of water to help me urine so the urge wouldn't be so intense. This is my 6th day & even though I only have a day left this pain is horrible. The smell of my vaginal is disgusting way worst than before I started taking the meds. I don't wish this bad feeling on anyone. Has anyone else experienced this?"

Brittanylowe February 3, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diverticulitis: "Combined with Cipro, it appears to be an effective treatment. The unpleasant taste of the pill makes one apprehensive."

JimC15 February 3, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This medication mad me feel as though it was taking control of my body, in the strangest way it felt like instead of helping it was doing and pouring sickness into my body. This isn't normal I believe. Nothing should effect you like this .I've been dealing with hospital for 17 years and never have encountered such a horrible response that are In most reviews I believe once a drug is having known bad effect it should consider to take a more in-depth research"

Ragga muffin (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "A continuation from a previous post of mine… So I developed Burning Mouth Syndrome (BMS) several months ago; I NOW believe it was linked to the YI or BV I had been avoiding. The first night the BMS hit me, my throat felt like it was torched, my tongue & gums were on fire. Assuming it was my dental crown, I had my dentist replace existing crown - NOT A CURE. Wk after wk prayed & tried a million different things. Come to find out, after taking this med it is 99% gone & in another week or so it will no doubt be completely gone. I BELIEVE THIS MED CURED MY BURNING MOUTH SYNDROME!!! I thank God & feel like I've been given a new life -- anyone that has SUFFERED from BMS absolutely knows what I'm talking about. Words cannot describe the insane pain/discomfort!!!"

AppleBerry76 con't (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dental Abscess: "I have been prescribed Metronidazole 400mg 3 x a day, I'm on the start of day 3 and pain has not subsided yet, I still takinging the painkillers, the only side effect I have is I feel tired more."

Bumper12 February 2, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Trichomoniasis: "So I went to the doctor and they told me I had trich and a yeast infection with cervical cancer. They prescribed me metronidazole 500mg then told to take 2x daily for 7 days but take 18 wouldn't that be 9 days. So anyways I'm all done no Yeast infection and no trich. Later I found out it wasn't cervical cancer it was just trich together with b.v and the yeast infection that made it look like cancer cell. But thank God till today I'm all clear no more unprotected sex......"

Big brown eyes (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I got BV from taking too many bubble baths, one a day, wow! I took 2 pillls the first day & pill 3 I got extremely sick. I did not know to avoid alcohol which I had drank the night I started the script. I felt very flushed & had diarrhea. The rest of the pills have improved my BV, but I have extreme memory loss & feel buzzed like I took a pain pill. Tomorrow, thank God, is day 7 & I can go back to my normal daily no pill life. It does help me sleep really good & I will miss that. I am gonna wait at least 2 days before drinking a beer to make sure all the med is out of my system because I do NOT want to feel that way I had felt ever again."

Pilkypoo (taken for 10 years or more) January 31, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Bacterial Infection: "Worst taste been on it 4 days and lost 6 pounds can't eat or drink anything tastes horrible. Even water"

Jclop January 31, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diverticulitis: "I was diagnosed with diverticulosis 9 years ago and have managed my diet and avoided an attack. Until now.... Interestingly, following a heart attack recently, it appears that the body stress triggered an acute diverticulitis attack and I ended up in ER....again. By the way, heart is okay! After 2 days in hospital on Cipro and Flagyl, I was released and instructed to take them for 8 more days. ( Cipro 2x and Flagyl 3x). I agree with so many reviews that these meds work but, wow, what side effects and mine was mostly dizzy/woozy feeling and just general feeling lousy not some of the more severe effects that others had. Tomorrow is my last day on these meds and hope to feel better after another 3 days when they are out of my system!"

Mapleleaf1952 January 30, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "Hi I recently got diagnosed with BV and the medicine was awful. I usually get rid of infections naturally but this time I tried the medicine. The medicine made me very nauseous and I had horrible diarrhea. Even after taking the medicine I still have diarrhea and I can still taste the medicine in my mouth . I stopped taking the medicine because of the side effects . Next time I will be trying the gel. Thanks for listening. I hoped I hope someone with my experience :) ...."

Rika17 January 29, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed Metronidazole 500mg 3 times a day for 7 days. I'm on day 5 and this is the worst drug I've ever taken. My first day I felt ok then after started experiencing extreme dizziness, bad headache, and nausea. My eyes started to hurt and by my 3rd day I had the worst stomach pain/burning for almost 2 days now. I'm not sure if this is normal or not but I've considered going back to the er because the pain is so bad."

Liv and love January 29, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Nastiest pill ever taken! Ugh the taste is horrible and I never got passed it. Took the pill 2 times a day (I took it day and night) for 7 days. Smell disappeared after the 1st day and other symptoms (such as burning) disappeared after the 3rd day. Only side effect I experienced was darkened urine but that's it. I would definitely take this again!"

DaniMani (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2017