User Reviews for Metronidazole (Page 4)

Also known as: Flagyl, Flagyl 375, Flagyl ER, Flagyl IV, Metro, Metro IV, Metryl, Protostat

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Crohn's Disease, Maintenance 3 reviews 26 medications

Giardiasis 12 reviews 13 medications

5.9
Summary of Metronidazole reviews 806 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Metronidazole

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have had baby since I was 17 years old and I am now 34. I've had it basically every day. I take my medicine it goes away and it comes right back the doctor told me that there is absolutely nothing he can give me to get it to clear up completely. I found that taking the medicine with milk prevent that nasty taste in your mouth It Coats your mouth and then also coach your stomach so it helps with the nausea. This is my probably 30th or 4th time taking this medicine and it seems to not be working at all this round I might have a yeast infection I don't know? But let me tell you ladies I have suffered with this for more than half my life. I get it with sex protected and unprotected and even if he pulls out I hope you girls can find something"

Tlovestar June 28, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Intraabdominal Infection: "I read all of these reviews on the side effects of this medication. They scared me so bad because I have hurt for 2 weeks, and I didn't want to add more pain on top of that. But the only side effects I have had are tiredness, and a bit of a headache. Only a few days into my 2 week dose, but hoping it fixes whatever problem I have been having with my intestines! Don't be afraid to take it like I was."

Kathleen85 June 28, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Flagyl is one of the worst bitter taste medicine I ever got. However, it does helps me feel better after I finish a 7days course, but my first 4 days was extreme bad. Headaches, adominal pain, dry mouth, lost of taste and appetite. Worth it or not I am still not sure. But I know that it make my man have allergic reaction after sex that worried me even more."

thatMK (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2016

Flagyl IV (metronidazole) for Bacterial Infection: "I am on day 4 of flagyl. The medicine is working , which is great, but side effect are dizziness , nausea are the worst I ever had!!! I won't go thru this ever again, Side effect too intense to deal with!!!"

Anonymous June 27, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was prescribed metro after noticing a pungent smell coming from my lady area which was a symptom of bv. I was instructed 2 times a day morning and night for 7 days, on day 3 the smell was completely gone but I'm still doing the full 7 so I don't risk the symptoms returning. I eat a meal before each pill and wait 10 minutes for the food to settle before taking the pill and I haven't had any headaches, nausea or blurry visions some people have experienced. The downside is that the drug kills bad as well as the good bacteria so there's risk of a yeast infection so I've been eating yogurt daily to try and prevent that, so far I am happy with the results and on day 5. The downside of the pill is the metallic aftertaste which is really strong a"

pluvo (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I started taking the pill a week ago , end up getting my period 3 days after and I just been bleeding since today is the 10th day I don't understand"

Dimples24 (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I had BV, which I already had a feeling due to a strong 'fishy' odor, esp after intimacy. I had to take two pills for seven days. If this is your first time taking this pill, push it as far back to your throat or swallow it as fast as you can without letting it dissolve on your tongue, this pill has a very strong nasty metallic taste! Drink lots of water or w.e works. Within the second day of the course, I had no smell at all which was a huge relief! Avoid alcohol.I finished my course and I am happy to say the only main side effect was dizzyness and feeling tired. Metronidazle does not treat a yeast infection, but it can lead to one so be prepared and consider taking Diflucan as soon after to prevent or cure a yeast infection."

Anonymous June 23, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Bacterial Infection: "Working antibiotic, definitely strong on the side effects, feels like I have to urine as if I was pregnant, insomnia for sure, thank god I only need to take this pill for alittle time, stomachs upset all the time, not when eating but early in the morning, feels the need to vomit."

Lriel559 June 22, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I started taking this medication when I got BV. My doctor is great and always knows best! This medication was great. No side effect besides eating less, and that's fine with me! I could lose a little weight ! =] overall satisfied , and BV is gone!"

Jodjod June 21, 2016

For Trichomoniasis: "I was prescribed flagyl 500 mg for trich and bv to be taken twice a day for 7 days. All I have to say is thank God I'm on my last day with this med. I've had horrible side effects, like constant headache, nausea, tiredness, loss of appetite, and it feels like I been hit by a car. On the bright side though I no longer have a discharge or odor whatsoever. I definitely learned my lesson about having unprotected sex that's for sure! Well good luck on this med it does work!"

Nicky w/trichy (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I am taking this medication along with clarythrymizine and omeprazole for the h by lori. These medications make me feel with lots of stomach pain, overtime i drink them i have to run to the bathroom, the taste in my mouth is awful. I am on my 9 day and since day one my stomach has had more pain then before taking these. Hope it gets rid of the bacteria."

Nancy0712 June 18, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "A year ago I got treated for thrush. I had blood tests, swabs etc. A few months after I then started having symptoms of UTI. Again I went to the doctors and got tests done to rule out STD's. Thankfully it all came back negative. It has now been a year and I thought I was having recurrent thrush. I pushed for my 3rd lot of tests as I felt something wasn't right, (pain during intercourse and bleeding after). I have now finally been diagnosed with BV - medication 3 tabs a day for 7 days plus probiotics & Nilstat cream. It's day 2 and already I've noticed a HUGE improvement. No SE accept for slight bloating and fatigue. Fingers crossed I won't have to deal with these horrid symptoms again."

Sez182 June 17, 2016

Flagyl (metronidazole) for Bacterial Infection: "This wasn't right for me. Only was on it for 5 doses, so I don't know if it helped. I puked up the fifth dose, then got dizzy, and almost passed out on the ride to the ER. It settled down after a couple hrs, Had no alcohol for the past 10 days. This likely wouldn't happen to most people. But it's got gnarly side effects if it don't agree with you."

karl1 June 17, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "Ok 1st on day 3 the side effects hit me hard from the tiredness,headaches,room spinning,nausea,and dizziness. I never experienced anything like this before from taking any type of medicine ever. I'm on day 4 now and I feel fine but hopefully tonight I won't have another awful night like last night. If I ever get another Bacterial Infection I'll just pay for the gel stuff. This med is the devil itself it clearing my infection but the side effects are awful. Glad I only have 3 more days."

blowe16 June 16, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "My BV started after unprotected sex with a new man, (more fool me!) My doc gave me 2g metronidazole as a single dose, which cleared up the BV but then it came back. Twice. I wasn't having any sex at all, never douched, no semen involved...plenty of journal articles suggest that BV can be caused by bacteria that are sexually transmitted, I think so too!! My doc gave me the 7 day course 400g 2x a day, symptoms cleared up, got a yeast infection, that's cleared up, now everything has been better for a month, so hopefully it's all behind me now, it was horrible! 2g single dose didn't work & made me feel awful for 48hrs: headache, dizzy, tired, nauseous. 400g 2x day for 7 was ok, I took it with food, avoided alcohol & felt sluggish."

Mindy_bean June 16, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I'm on day 5 of 7 day treatment. I'm very suspicious of this medication. So, I'm not taking two pills a day, I think one a day is quite enough. I had a pap smear which showed an abundance of bacteria - bv, but i don't have any symptoms. So I can't tell if i'm getting better because i never felt bad. But what I do feel on this med is the same as all the other women. fatigue. nausea. slight headache. slight dizziness. why am i taking a pill that my liver has to filter, that my body has to interact with when the bacteria is centrally located?!"

surviving this med (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I have been taking this pill for 7 days due to some infection after abdominal hysterectomy surgery. Having light pain and bleeding first 2 days of taking it I feel dizzy and tired all the time . It really works after 3 days cleared up the infection and bleeding."

Pink68 June 15, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "The side effects of this medication were hard to deal with-occasional nausea, moodiness, blurry vision, and the worst side effect by far was the drowsiness. It was hard to even get out of bed a lot of days and had no motivation to do anything."

girl in nc June 14, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "So I was given this for a UTI and my experience on this pill was absolutely horrible. I could only make it to the fourth day of my seven day dosage and I couldn't even make it. Not too sure why I was prescribed this in the first place, but this pill has made me feel TERRIBLE. Headaches, chest pain, anxiety, my heart beat is all over the place. I felt very weak and was having the feeling of shortness of breath. I stopped taking it last night and I am still having side effects from it, I hope they go away soon. Not only that but just knowing that this medication is known to cause cancer in labratory animals makes me feel nauseous in general. All around a terrible experience that gave me no relief at all what so ever."

KaylaLorraine_ June 12, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I'm on day 7 of 14 of 500mg twice a day for BV. I have never had this before I'm 48 years old. The side effects of spinning and mild headaches all day were different but worth the hassle.The vaginal discomfort started to subside after about 3 to 4 days. I wasn't warned of the yeast infection possibility however, this was the first time having this too. I'm better now after the diflucan. I would take it again if BV ever comes back."

Ciera1 June 11, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I have had a terrible experience with this drug. First night I took them I started getting light headaches I kept going for three more days before I realized it was the drug. I stopped for one day, my headache cleared up after 24hrs, I started them up again. I was fine until today the second day in the headache was there again, lightly at first but for the last 6 hours it has been a nightmare. I feel like my teeth are trying to get into my brain. They've also caused insomnia I can't sleep for more than 2-4 hours at a time."

Thatone (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "So, I just completed my seven day course of Flagyl. It's been seven days of Hell.... I had one day where I thought I was fine... I think second day. And then, pelvic discomfort, loose bowels, fatigue, aches. I didn't know if I was sick or if it was the meds. And, sometimes the urine was clear and then sometimes Amber color... Last night was my last pill. Today, I still feel crampy and had Amber urine... I'm also gluten intol. And I ate a 1/2 slice of wheat bread by mistake. The discomfort could also be from that. I would hate to have to take this med again but loved it when one of the blogs was from the woman who had "bad se' from it the first time but none after. Hope my bv has gone away."

Bubbalooshkie (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I too have had a horrible experience with this medication. By my 4th dose I am extremely naseous, my body feels exhausted beyond compare and I feel like I am going to collapse at any moment. Have no appetite, horrible acid reflux, and no will to get up out of the bed. I was going to try to commit to the full dose of 500mg 2x a day for 7 days, but I've had enough and can't handle these symptoms any longer! Throwing this script in the trash and never taking this poison again!"

Jewels614 June 3, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I hated it at night, had headaches and just felt bad until I realized that instead of taking it with a half glass of water when I was already in bed I needed to drink as much as I could and take it one hour or more before going to bed. So this is what worked for me. I took it with a glass of milk then drank a cup of chamomille tea and added a glass of water. I walked around a bit and soon enough all that liquid would send me to the bathroom where I honestly thought I was flushing it out of my system Thats how I started today. Day 6 of 10. I take 3x500mgs daily. And I am finally sure I will survive it. My other problem was an upswt atomach (before the pills) but eating bits of cooked rice/crackers every hour my stomach is better."

Jencoga (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I contracted my first case of BV two weeks ago and thought it was a yeast infection. I waited a week before going in and getting tested. I was first prescribed clindamycin cream which did absolutely nothing for me except for worsen the symptoms and give me a UTI. I switched to Flagyl last night and I started feeling noticeably better six hours later. I couldn't believe it! This morning, the terrible burning is gone. I am still going to take it for six more days because that's what the doctor told me to do. I am also upping my probiotic intake to replenish the good bacteria and prevent a yeast infection (100 billion CFUs a day). I would give it a 10/10 except for the fatigue and upset stomach I am experiencing."

Anne_H June 3, 2016