User Reviews for Metronidazole to treat Peritonitis

Also known as: Flagyl, Metro, Flagyl IV, Flagyl 375, Metro IV

Metronidazole has an average rating of 6.4 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings for the treatment of Peritonitis. 60% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 40% reported a negative effect.

Metronidazole Rating Summary

6.4/10 average rating

Compare all 64 medications used in the treatment of Peritonitis.

Annie · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2018

Flagyl (metronidazole): “I am one of these people who has bad gums (no matter how much time I spend on my dental care). Over the last ten years I have had four tooth infections so severe I was almost hospitalised with one of them. I have a high tolerance for pain and I can honestly tell you that giving birth was nothing compared to my tooth infections (and I have had three children). My dentist prescribed Flagyl which has been the only medication that works for these severe tooth infections. I always keep some in my medicine cabinet for an emergency. I think we need to be open-minded about side effects as our bodies are different and what works for one will not work for another. I have never suffered any of the side effects that can come with taking this medication.”

OhRealReview1 · Taken for less than 1 month November 19, 2019

“These metronidazole tablets have helped with my infection as had a wisdom tooth infection however, I’ve had the following side effects- Upset stomach (wind, gas) - got better with having probiotics. Mental health- I’ve felt very angry, irritable, and really dark thoughts, I’ve never felt so low taking these before, personally I would not recommend taking these unless these are your last option if you have mental health issues diagnosed like myself as it proper sets it off badly.”

Emma · Taken for less than 1 month November 8, 2020

“I had been subscribed metazol 400 for a gum infection, 3 times a day for 5 days. All I can say is that I have never taken an antibiotic that made me feel so terrible. Loss of appetite, stomach cramps, nausea, slight diarrhea, bloating, upset stomach overall. BEWARE! Find an alternative!”

El1983 · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2019

“I was honestly scared reading the reviews on here to start this medication but thankfully no extreme side effects for me. I was taking metronidazole with penicillin for my gum issues. The only side effects I noticed was a slight elevated heart rate about an hour after taking the first couple of days which went away after about 30 minutes. I got the discoloured urine side effect and on day 4/5 some loose stool as I have a bowel condition with chronic constipation it is hard for me to judge that issue specifically. I didn't get any cramps or sickness with the loose stool. The slight side effects I felt could have been from the penicillin, Metronidazole, painkillers I was taking for my tooth or combination of all of them together. I wanted to add my review for those who like me were scared after reading all the other reviews and thought the worst might happen after taking a tablet.”

Lisa · Taken for less than 1 month January 26, 2019

“Some years back I was prescribed flagyl in advance of an appendectomy. It caused such severe vomiting that I was sent to the ER, at which point I was so dehydrated that they could barely find a vein for the IV. The pre-surgical flagyl side effects were way worse than the post-surgical incision pain.”

Ls · Taken for less than 1 month November 21, 2020

“Metronidazole is a great antibiotic. Had a dental abscess and a day later the swelling was gone! Despite the negative reviews its a good antibiotic but its strong - so drink loads of water.”

Learn more about Peritonitis