User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin to treat Traveler's Diarrhea

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro I.V., Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro XR

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Biggs · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2019

“I took a single 500mg tablet after some other antibiotics didn't work and a colonoscopy didn't reveal why I had diarrhea for 2 months. I then read up on it and was horrified, so stopped taking it. The next day noted with relief that my fingers were not tingling, which seems to be the first sign of trouble. But within an hour 2 fingers started tingling, then more, then both hands and my feet. All over I can feel my connective tissue is weak, any sudden movement I can feel things tearing or close to it, and have injured my shoulder just moving around. My biggest concern was my Achilles tendons, and yes, they both now hurt at times. It has only been one week since I took a single tablet, so cannot say if I will get better, but so far things just keep getting worse.”

Dave · Taken for less than 1 month November 7, 2018

“I had travellers diarrhoea or some kind of gastro intestinal infection. And was prescribed antibiotics, buscopan and diorlyte which just made me worse. The first day after taking cipro I still felt bad, vomiting, really bad diarrhoea. But after the second/third day I feel almost back to normal again, my stomach pain was so bad I did not sleep barely two hours in two days and only drank water and ate dried food like toast rice banana, now I’m eating normally regaining energy and feeling good again. Works differently for everybody, worked a miracle for me.”

Johnny · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2018

“Came down with moderate stomach pain and diarrhea in Ukraine. Tried to ride it out, but after five days my symptoms hadn't improved. Bought a box of ciprofloxacin 500mg tablets from a local pharmacy for about $4. Within 12 hours my stomach cramps had gotten much better. Within 24 hours all symptoms were gone. No major side affects to speak of – maybe some slight constipation, but it sure beats running to the toilet every 30 minutes.”

worked right away · Taken for less than 1 month December 3, 2017

“Used it when I came back from Cuba Had travelers diarrhea really bad ,It took care of it right away ,”

Anonymous August 8, 2008

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): “I used it in Bali and it took care of the diarrhea immediately. Highly recommended.”

Learn more about Traveler's Diarrhea