User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin (Page 4)

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 2 reviews 68 medications

4.3
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 1 reviews 33 medications

Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 360 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Was given a 3 day treatment for a UTI, 250mg every 12 hours. I had let the UTI get really bad before treatment, so my experience may not be representative of someone who catches it early. The horrendous symptoms were gone within a day, but I've just taken my last one and still feel irregular urgency and burning upon urination. Going back to the dr today."

mc223 February 29, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I took Cipro for a UTI about a year ago and had absolutely no problems. Pain and urgency to pee subsided after the second dose if I recall correctly. Two days ago I felt the symptoms of a UTI creep up on me and today I just started Cipro again. Hoping I have no side effects this time either!"

JessSSSSSSSSSSSSEC February 27, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I developed foot neuropathy from use of this medicine."

Carona February 26, 2016

For Bladder Infection: "I have taken this medication several times for UTI'S and it works great! No side effects at all! I am on it now for a bladder infection! and I have had reieif within the first couple of hours. It's great"

Trais Gorl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2016

For Bladder Infection: "2nd pill of 500mg bad side effects - I am Canadian - tingling in thumb - lips numb - eyes stinging - brain fog - neck.throat area weird feeling - like to touch it feels like you're not touching it with your hand - this drug is obviously POISON - a definite neurotoxin and should not be available for any ones consumption!!!!"

C-A-L (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "My experience is not one size fits all. I have a kidney transplant and because of that I should have been given this medicine at 250 mg. Instead they prescribed 500. I was very sick to the point of fever so I didn't do my own research that day. I just took the meds and tried to sleep. It was the second day that I realized I got very sick and vomited each time and when I researched I found I should not take 500 mg because of my transplant my body could not break it down. I was then prescribed it at 250 and stopped vomiting. It took my infection completely away."

Kidney bean (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

For Bladder Infection: "Call me crazy but I think it worked after only one day. Only mild bloating/gas as a side effect. I'll finish it as prescribed but - seriously, it's fine. I took it with full meals and it worked like a charm!"

TropicAnna (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Developed severe reactions to Cipro. Took 250 mg for only two days but developed itching, rash, nausea and headache that lasted days after I stopped taking it."

E. J. February 6, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "I have had bacterial & kidney infections for about 15 yrs off & on & docs have prescribed many different antibiotics to me but Cipro is the only thing that ever worked for me & is strong enough to kill the Bacteria.Cipro is my only hope once my infection starts!"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) February 5, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I had this for pelvic inflammatory disease. I immediately experienced fatigue and was extremely sick to my stomach for weeks afterward. Soon after that, I got crippling leg pain and migraine headaches on a regular basis. The head aches continued to get worse til they were every day. I also have pain in the tendons around my eyes and pretty bad stomach issues from this medication. I've been on a downward spiral that keeps getting worse because of the mitochondrial damage I've endured. I hope to recover, but it's been 7 yrs since taking it and haven't been the same since, just keeps getting worse!!!"

nofx25 January 28, 2016

For Prostatitis: "Cipro stopped my prostatitis on two occasions but it blew out my knee once and my achilles tendon with tendonitis and took over six months to recover. Additionally I ended up with ulceratice colitis. This time I had diverticulitis concomitant with prostatitis so I took MMS three drops with 8 ounces of water and within 2 hours the pain completely stopped. By the next day I wasn't having to get up six times a night to pee. The medical profession is terrified of the stuff but if you do the proper research you will see it is not what they say it is. I have a background in medical research and it is clearly misrepresented something else by all of its naysayers. I saw the same opposition with oxidative therapies but they work."

Rex Davidson January 24, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "This drug is highly TOXIC! After just 1, I felt tingling within an hour. That night, while sleeping, it was like a bomb went off inside of me. Nerve pain in both feet. Burning up my back, on my chest, and in my arms and palms. It was like I was on FIRE. Doctors won't admit it's causing you any harm because it's so widely prescribed. Once you start feeling pain you have been "floxed" (look it up). The ER will do a few tests, spend thousands, and send you home with an anxiety pill thinking you are crazy. They are ill equipped to deal with severe allergic reactions because they can't tell them from side effects. It's a double black box drug meaning the FDA gave it the highest warning. Over 40 pages of side effects. "

David Lynn January 16, 2016

For Bladder Infection: "I loved this Medication! It helped honestly within maybe a day or so, downfall I got a yeast infection from it but I've gotten em before on antibiotics so I wasn't too surprised or shocked but other than that this Medication worked fine, I used it for bladder infection plus I had to use it before a kidney stone procedure as well ! Love it !"

HolMR (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "It worked great for me! I took my first pill on Friday night and the pain was gone when I woke up on Saturday morning. What a relief!"

MBBurns (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have been taking Cipro for 5 days with small relief. I found it interesting that another person experienced anxiety while taking Cipro. I suspected that my anxiety was related to Cipro because it started when I began taking it but who would think that anxiety could be related to an antibiotic?? The roof of my mouth is pretty raw also. Calling doc today."

Britegirl January 12, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "One does of ciprofloxicin and my daughter lost her hearing completely. And mood swings omg she I'll never take this again."

frustrated mom12345 January 12, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Took for 7 days, twice daily at 250 mg. This medication did nothing for me, still have my UTI."

Jill L January 6, 2016

For Kidney Infections: "Got diagnosed with my third kidney infection in two months, nothing seems to make it go away. Have been taking 500mg twice a day for 3 days now and I still have pain in my side, and the side effects are nasty. Bad nausea, acid reflux and dizziness is making me have to sleep with a bowl next to my bed. But hey ho if it works it's a small price to pay. Not impressed right now though"

Rae97 January 5, 2016

For Infectious Diarrhea: "Two pills and I felt joint pains on my whole body and stopped due to seeing side effects and long term issues. It did have positive, I notice my anal fissures were dripping pure blood and no more infection and abscess cavity less infection."

Anonymous January 4, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was suffering from a UTI for over 2 weeks. Burning had stopped but was loosing my mind over how severe the urgency was. I got prescribed macrobid, after 4 days of no relief I went to the ER and got prescribed Cipro 500mg two times a day for 5 days. I took my second pill and my symptoms are 98% gone. The only side effect was a bit of anxiety after the first pill. But, this could've been because I had read so many scary reviews. I'm truly grateful for this drug. I was sleepless and restless to the point of depression. So happy something is finally helping!"

Dreaasan January 4, 2016

For Kidney Infections: "I cannot work anymore. The pain in my feet and especially my heel is excruciating. I get dizzy spells. I have constant headaches. I get dizzy. My vision is cloudy on occasions. I have a flash of light in the right corner of my eye when I look far right then start to look left. I can no longer work. I can't hardly walk. I used to do heavy labor type jobs like carrying 80 pound bags of salt. My life is pretty much gone. I feel worthless because I can no longer work. God have mercy on the people who gave me this medicine."

Bartholomewwongmail December 30, 2015

For Prostatitis: "A 12-day course of Cipro completely eradicated my prostatitis. If I recall correctly, symptoms (urine frequency, urine speed, weird feeling beneath testes) were completely gone about half way through the course. I am now a few months removed from that treatment, and have developed some GI problems. Currently undergoing tests, so may or may not be related to the Cipro; correlation does not = causation. MAKE SURE YOU TAKE A GOOD PROBIOTIC, especially Florastor/Sacchormyces Boulardii. I did NOT."

prostatoast (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I developed a UTI caused by salmonella poisoning! I was given a 7 day supply of Trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole which eased the symptoms but did not cure the infection which resulted in a UTI reoccurrence. My doctor then prescribed me a 5 day supply of ciprofloxacin 500mg which took effect and eased symptoms within 30 minutes after my first pill however did not take full effect until Day 4. Most importantly, it worked for me! Yes, I made the mistake of having read all online reviews including those who allegedly suffered horrific side effects including bad dreams, etc. Personally, I had NO SIDE EFFECTS! A final urine culture confirmed no more UTI. I recommend Ciprofloxacin!"

JuryStillOut83 (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have been having recurrent UTIs for about two years. Most recently was prescribed 500 mg Cipro twice a day for 10 days. The first few days it made me very nauseous and dizzy and it didn't matter if I took it with food or not. It's also given me bad heartburn and gas pretty much constantly. I'm on my eighth day and I've noticed some of my UTI symptoms will pop up again randomly but then go away again. Seems to be an effective med for some but I may end up having to try something else."

Ks1993 (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2015

For Kidney Infections: "I was put on an antibiotic while waiting for my urine culture to come back, and the day after I finished that course of antibiotics I was put on Cipro, as the bacteria was not sensitive to the previous antibiotic. I have only taken 2 Cipro(last night and this morning) but I've had to stop taking them as my wrist is swollen to nearly twice its normal size and I have almost intense pain."

Kattttt December 24, 2015