User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin (Page 4)

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Surgical Prophylaxis

1 review 60 medications
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 5.7 547 reviews

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

For Urinary Tract Infection: "If you are taking Ciprofloxacin ask your doctor to prescribe you Ondansetron 4MG along with it. It will stop you from wanting to throw up as well as not having diarrhea."

Tom420 August 22, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have only taken 3 cipro 750 and my stomach is so uncomfortable I can't sit comfortably. Constant burping, muscle pain, leg tremors. Stopping immediately."

Yvonne s August 19, 2017

For Bladder Infection: "Earlier uses were no trouble and worked. The problem is that it depletes your system of magnesium and then your tendons just shred. The effect is cumulative, the more often you take it the more likely it is to hurt you. Be very careful and only take when there isn't an alternative. I have been suffering for three months from the damage it did and it didn't cure the UTI."

Triggs (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed this medication for twice a day for 10 days and on day 5, I had a tremor on my right hand and right after, my right arm and leg went numb. It was horrifying to experience especially because I am currently under getting a diagnosis if there being something wrong with my heart. So I didn't know if it was the pills or my heart until I started doing more research on the pill and tremors were a serious side effect. Yes I feel my UTI has gone away but I would NOT take again and I am still currently taking them but I'm going to talk with my doctor because I no longer want to use these drugs. Beside the tremor and numbness, I also became very tired, headaches, muscle pains, and nausea. Truly terrible to feel this way. I do not recommend."

KeileySJ August 16, 2017

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I am a 67 year old female with no history of UTI until last week. PA prescribed Cipro 250. I can't sleep, I am having horrible heartburn, belching & burning. I have 3 tabs left & will finish taking because has helped the UTI. But I will not take again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Was prescribed 2 ciprofloxacin 500 per day for 10 days.medication started working after 6 day.never managed to fully cure the infection.but left me with pens and needles sensation in my legs,lower abdomen and back"

Paul792 August 12, 2017

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "Cipro is a Fluoroqunilone. The FDA has issued a Black Box Warning -- the most severe warning it can issue -- on all Fluoroquinolone antibiotics because they cause so many horrible, longterm side effects (like permanent tendonitis on multiple parts of the body) that may take years to come to light."

TPera (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "No huge side effects yet. Just took third dose. I already have anxiety so that side effect I can deal with. Hoping my UTI will start clearing up soon. This is my first time taking this drug. I will comment back with results and updates in a few days. 30 year old male."

Bill0987 August 7, 2017

For Diverticulitis: "Thought I was going to die taking Ciprofloxacin for my diverticulitis. Shortly after taking I would become increasingly warm, cheeks bright red, intense chest pain and short of breath. I had taken this medication twice before and didn't recall this side effect (Levaquin made me agitated). I made sure to separate my meds by over a hour to see which one in fact it was giving me the problem. Yikes"

Ms Krissy August 3, 2017

For Prostatitis: "It eliminated my prostatitis but left me with plantar fasciitis in both feet & tendinitis in my arm. I used to play tennis twice a week without any tendon issues. I was on cipro for 30 days twice a day and 2 months later still have plantar fasciitis in both feet after doing nothing but walking."

Snow wolf (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2017

For Kidney Infections: "Took Cipro for 7 days for a kidney infection. It is now 3 weeks later and Cipro has wrecked my ability to walk. Tendons tighten up and Achilles begins to throb instantly. Sitting on couch hoping this isn't permanent? I would never take this drug."

Chad46 July 24, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Was in severe pain in both my UTI and my Kidneys, doctor immediately gave me Cipro as I am allergic to the sulfa drug she normally prescribes. Two pills a day for 5 days. After my second dose on day one, I literally felt zero pain and could finally empty my bladder completely. It was very late at night, but still day one none the less, Thank God for Cipro and my doctor"

Hbgala2 (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2017

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Was prescribed 6 over 3 day no appetite severe burning of my sinuses slow working"

Anonymous July 17, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Everyone reacts differently to medications. For me, Cipro is always a fast acting antibiotic. I've only taken it a few times for severe UTI's/kidney infections, and it helped tremendously within the first few days. With the amount of pain I've gotten from UTI's, I'd be willing to risk the crazy side effects that some people have had. I rarely take antibiotics unless I have to. This one will treat just about anything and I've only experienced a few minor side effects like nausea, dizziness, agitation, headache, fatigue, and stomach upset. Nothing too crazy."

bm1248 (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Prescribed for 10 days for a UTI, took about 5-6 days to actually start working for me. Had diarrhea (common side effect with all antibiotics) but went away sooner than expected. No other negative side effects."

OneWithFrequentUTI's (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed six 500mg Cipro pills for a suspected UTI, to be taken over three days. Cipro caused me to lose my appetite."

mac808 (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a UTI and was prescribed 7 days of Cipro. By days 3-4 I started to feel soreness in my knees. By day five I was up at 3 am with horrible aching in my joints. I stopped taking cipro immediately and drank apple cider vinegar and lots of water to be sure the infection was gone. Here I am 6 days later and am still wearing a knee brace and feel super drained. I will never take Cipro again."

Momof2Littles July 13, 2017

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I'm giving this medicine a rating of 4 out of 10. I was prescribed this when I went to the doctor with a horrible ear infection. The right side of my face was swollen and my ear was almost swollen shut! I had already felt dizzy and nauseous because of my ear infection so when it continued I just thought it was my ear infection. My ear infection cleared up and I still had day left of the meds. As soon as I took my morning dose I got extremely nauseous and shaky. I do not recommend these to anyone. I've never had an anti-biotic make me feel this sick. I even tried taking it with food and it still didn't help. I've also been extremely bloated, and have had diarrhea since I started taking it. I know everyone is different but this is horrible."

Jaz1993 (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2017

For Bronchitis: "I will never take cipro again. I took my first dose and was fine. Then I took the second pill after dinner. I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst pain from my hip to my knees. I can't sit still just from the pain being so bad. I do not recommend this to anyone. My pharmacist said it usually only happens in very young children or closer to old age I'm 26 and this is the worst pain I have ever felt. DO NOT TAKE THIS!!!!!!"

Manson123 July 5, 2017

For Kidney Infections: "I have had as many as 12 kidney infections a year since I was 19. I am now 51. I also have a history of creating kidney stones. I have been on many antibiotics over the years. I have had serious allergies to other antibiotics, i.e. stop breathing, rashes, becoming allergic to them after taking for extended use. Cipro has been a blessing. I have not had a kidney infection in over 2 years. So clearly whatever infection was able to hid prior to cipro is now gone. Yes, there can be a bit a nausea, however, if I drink water, eat a bit first then take this antibiotic and continue to finish my meal, there is little to no nausea. I have read the reviews and the warnings that comes with cipro. I don't go in the sun, hiking, or biking,"

Nicolynne (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2017

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I started experiencing side effects right after I took my last pill. I was prescribed 500mg 2x daily for 14 days. This was the first drug my urologist prescribed for prostitis. Now 3 days later foot and leg pain. This drug should not be used as the first option. It should be used only for severe issues. I misplaced my pamphlet so I I was unaware of the dangers. It should be a requirement that a FDA black box drug should be marked on the bottle with details in the pamphlet. I would have never taken this drug had I read what the possible side effects were. Sad part know one knows how to treat the side effects and they could be permanent."

Greg L July 2, 2017

For Bladder Infection: "Great stuff. And for those who have had issues with it...guess what..your system is different than mine. That's all. So don't go telling folks it sucks. A Tesla won't run on gasoline, but that doesn't mean gasoline doesn't work."

Jesse is me June 25, 2017

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: "30 day prescription up to 60. After first week of mild nausea and mild diarrhea I developed a weird tightness in my right hip, severe tennis elbow and weird pain/headache behind left eye for 2-3 days, bloating, some nights unable to sleep due to insomnia and tremors/weird body vibrations, mornings were hell due to my coffee drinking and the foggy brain. Do not drink coffee while taking this! 3 weeks after stopping I still have some prostatitis symptoms but have greatly improved but the side effects from the med of muscle tightness, brain fog, foot pain, hip pain, back tightness, lack of appetite and fatigue still remain but seem to be subsiding a bit. I wish the docs would explain the meds they prescribe but I don't think they really know!"

Chrude (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2017

For Sinusitis: "Please I beg you don't take this drug. I took it weeks ago and after a few pills had severe tingling in my chest and arm and then swelling in my hand and now I can hardly walk. I'm only 30 years old and was an athlete prior to this now I can't walk my dog. This is poison and needs to be taken off the market."

Canada1000 June 24, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Have taken it for years. Always cleared up my UTI."

Cipro46 June 22, 2017