User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin (Page 4)

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 3 reviews 69 medications

Prostatitis 33 reviews 48 medications

4.4
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 462 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

For Bladder Infection: "Prescribed 7 day treatment for UTI, (2x/day), of Ciprofloxacin 500mg, two months after 6 week course of BCG infusions for bladder cancer. Only took 11 pills then stopped because of warnings of possible side effects. Then about two weeks after that, started to have pains in right side around right kidney area. Now this week my left side kidney area is aching. Dr. is out of town 'til Monday the 28th of Nov."

Gliderbill November 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I get chronic UTI's and kidney infections. I recently found out that my chronic infections have led to scarring of my left kidney and both ureters so I go in for a cystoscopy and Videourodynamics in December. Cipro is the only thing that works for me. It works fast too. I usually get bad headaches with this medicine, but I am prone to headaches as well...lucky me. I always make sure I take good probiotics when I am on this medicine to replenish the gut flora. Bactrim is weak and never works...Cipro is the only thing that works for me and my body. Everyone's body is different so do your research and talk to your doctor about your concerns."

Annie BananaHead November 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "8 years ago I had a UTI so bad the 1st round of antibiotics didnt work & that became apparent when blood in my urine was visible to me at home & still in a world of pain. Fortunately they took a culture my 1st visit to discover the bacteria I had would not be killed by what was perscribed....no duh! So they gave me Cipro & within an hour I felt relief. Fast forward 8 years, same situation but exasperated by too much sirracha (chilli sauce), I woke up with pains of a bad UTI. Ran to the doc, I had been drinking too much water for them to detect leukocytes & nitrates but detected blood and sent the culture to the lab. She prophylacticly perscribed Cipro & UTI was gone. I noticed little side effects, maybe some light headedness & tireness but thats about it."

Uti no more.... (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection: "This drug might save your life. NEVER EVER USE IT UNLESS IT'S A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH!!!!!!!!! Read about Fluoroquinolone toxicity. Cipro has given me massive mitochondrial DNA damage, hypoglycemia, and peripheral neuropathy. The FDA and even the manufacturers have released updated labels and MASSIVE WARNINGS, however they only did so in press releases and on twitter..... NOT by contacting the doctors directly who are getting kickbacks from prescribing these meds. It only takes a little research. Where you diagnosed with Firbomyalgia????... Cipro toxicity can cause these symptoms giving the Doctor a false diagnosis."

Rodeo JJones (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "If you had a bad reaction to CIPRO take Activated Charcoal caps asap!!! It will help your body not absorb the medicine and drink lots of water. I took 4 doses and initially for a uti, I was feeling better but this morning after the 4th dose I felt HORRIBLE. Dizzy, spaced out, weak, and weird feelings in my head. I drank a bunch of water and took the charcoal and feel 85% better about 1.5 hours later. I'm requesting Zythromax (Zpack) instead because I've taken that before with no issue and it's a drug on the list to help UTI's. Just waiting for the doctor to get back with me. Anyway I hope this review helps someone. The activated charcoal is also great if you have food poisoning! It's like a miracle helper."

Katsssss November 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis: "Took first dose and started feeling better after 4 hours. Then my forearm began to ache. I read all of the side effects, do and don'ts. Drank 66 oz of water cut the dairy and out comes the mucus. Voice is back post nasal drip slowed tremendously. Day 2 diarrhea no pain though"

Shelus (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "work well for arm but arm started swelling"

ginlou (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "On my second dose of taking this ...Worst experience ever ...I feel my whole body is swelling and numbness all over my body ...I'm so dizzy I can't stand up,diarrhea too...was rushed to the ER because of this medicine .and they just told me to drink water to flush it out .After 8 hours I feel better I won't take this medicine again..."

Ishy32 October 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "I have had a lot of bladder infections years ago from pregnancies but haven't had one in 4/5 years. The few days ago noticed the symptoms, went to the doc and he prescribed me this. I've always been prescribed amoxacilin and it's worked great. This time he prescribed this because of my history. Took my 1st pill today and within 30 mins started to feel faint, weak and outer body experience. I was at home by myself with my 8 month old baby so I immediately got in the car, drove to the local hospital which is conveniently only 5 mins away and sat in the parking lot. Started to feel better but still not 100%. Called a nurse I know who said i'll be fine but get a diff prescription. I'm going to try taking half for my 2ND dose or else i'll stop"

Crystal from Canada (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I've taken a lot of antibiotics in my life, and I've never had a bad reaction. I took ONE dose to treat a UTI and had extreme joint pain (mostly knees), dizziness, ear-ringing, etc. Thought I was crazy till I googled it and found it this isn't uncommon. A day later I still feel horrible - spaced out, weak legs, etc. DO NOT TAKE THIS and tell your friends and family"

RubyBee October 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Before taking Cipro I was a powerlifter after taking Cipro I was left unable to walk. MY tendon's are torn and I don't know if I will ever have my life back. I am currently in a wheel chair."

Sam FJ (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I'm so sick can't keep anything on my stomach. So nauseated , feel like got the flu. Everything I eat goes straight thru me. Got ulcers in my mouth. So much pain in my sides. I'm done taking this.."

Holly Rose October 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Diverticulitis: "Taking Cipro made me almost sicker than the bout of pain. I couldn't function, slept most of every day. Developed thrush, heavily coated tongue. Staggering when walking, off balance at times, thinking process was not normal, crying jags for no reason. This drug in the class of quinolones causes CNS problems. I will never take another in that class. Diarrhea was continuing days after the 10 day course was done. Read Cipro can actually cause C. difficile and Immodium can aggravate that! It's been one month since I started the ten day course of Cipro and still having side effects of CNS."

M E P October 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed co-ciprofloxacin for a urintary tract infection. I took one pill and within a few hours Ii became beat red, all over my body, as if I had been sitting in the sun for hours, My face was scarlet and I was itchy all over and I was constantly scratching and appying creams, but to no avail. I have Lupus and MS and my joint pain is worse as a result of the drug. I have always had beautiful skin, peaches and cream complexion, and almost no wrinkles or lines in my face. After taking only one pill, I now have wrinkles and lines - it completely destroyed my skin. I also have balance issues, directly caused by the drug. I have a dizzyness in the morning when getting out of bed. I am going to talk to a lawyer."

Patricia L. October 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "Had a bladder infection for over 2 weeks before doctors found the tablets i was on were the wrong ones for my infection, as a UTI takes many forms. You must not drink milk or have anything dairy for 2 hours before hand and 2 hours after taking the tablet. If you drink coffee or tea you must drink the same amount in water afterwards. Not had any side effects following these rules to a T. Been told that I need to drink water after every coffee or tea I have now as it's pointing to me damaging my kidneys because there is blood in the urine, i must follow this for the rest of my life if i want to keep fit. I live in the UK. The test the hospital did on my urine sample, showed I was on the wrong treatment as it wouldn't kill that particular bacteria"

Wemmoss (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Kidney Infections: "I am taking this medicine for a bladder infection which I have quite often. it wasn't prescribed to me by my doctor who usually prescribes (Pinamox) which by the way gives me gives zero side effects. Straight away after I took the first dose which was 500mg I was feeling very dizzy and nauseous. I thought I could put up with that feeling but I'm now on day2, I could barely get out of bed from nausea in the morning but managed to get myself together but felt all day like I was about to collapse with severe joint pains and headache which got even worse. I went to bed but when I did it felt like I was literally drunk and kept vomiting all night. I won't take the next dose or ever take this medicine again as it feels like taking poison."

Betty_boop (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: "Took this for 4 weeks I'm 46 and regularly Do some form of excersise walking etc had no noticeable side effects and after doing some research combined milking of the Prostate , 1 or two times a day for about 1 week .. five months later and all good .have had no problems since I would recommend this medication"

David Ako October 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "I've given bad reviews on drugs with awful side effects but I must say this one worked very well for me . Had a very bad bladder/prostate infection with cloudy urine . Had a misdiagnosis so the infection actually festered for 4 months . Body temperature rose and chills set in two hours after taking the first dose . This lasted for 4 days as my body ( antibiotics ) fought the infection . By day 5 was feeling much better . By day 7 best I'd felt in many months . By day 10 urine was totally clear , no more pain , normal urine volume and totally back to normal . What a relief . Benefits far outweigh some minor side effects ( first day some minor dizziness , Little bit of " brain fog " first few days ) 500mg x 2 for 14 days ..................."

cazzilo (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Took Cipro for a sinus infection. Six days in I couldn't rotate my forearms. 3 years later, numerous doctors, two surgeries and my arms are practically useless. FDA black box warning on it people. Google the drug. Do not ever take, fluoroquinolones are poison. They were originally developed to give to soldiers exposed to Anthrax. And try to never take generic. US Supreme Court says if you do you are not allowed to sue the original drug manufacturer OR the generic company you used. This drug ruined my life."

Mike from NY October 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted: "For one.. do not listen to.all.of these people saying after 1 or 3 days they cant walk or remember what they had for breakfast because of 1 pill!! Everyone is different.I had Epidimytis but not do to sexual it was bacterial and after day 4 i was feeling much better.The only side effects i had were some muscle stiffness and jaw pain and a little stomach pain but for the most part not enough to cry over and was tolerable.The medicine does its job period.,why wait until you feel like shit to complain instead of reporting their bad effects quickly?"

Freakyfetepete October 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis: "This antibiotic worked wonders for my cough/bronchitis, after 4 days being on 250mg every 12 hours, my chest feels cleared and my cough is nearly gone. But, on the other hand I developed a severe sinus infection. I can barely breath through my nostrils and haven't been able to taste food for 4 days now. Even with over the counter decongestants I have had no relief. Netti pot nasal spray nothing is releaving the pain in my head. Time to quit cipro."

Laur4175 October 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prostatitis: "Before I explain my experience, I need to explain that I have a congenital defect in my feet termed "bilateral subtalar tarsal coalitions". Typically, I'm in pain my podiatrist equates to "walking on two broken ankles 24/7". After three days on Cipro for bacterial prostatitis, my extensor tendons, across the tops of my ankles became unusually inflamed and excruciatingly painful. Very literally, I couldn't walk for two days and had to rely on a cane to walk. Simultaneously, I had odd pains in my forearms. I was instructed to immediately stop taking the Cipro. Simply put, my urologist completely ignored the warnings and my lifelong battle with a disabling chronic foot disorder, and I'm never taking this medication again! It's just not worth i"

Zachatitis (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "I caught a urinary tract infection after being sick from stomach flu / virus and was prescribed cipro (500 m). After one pill in the evening, I became tired, went to bed and woke up anxious, depressed, restless, with loss of balance. I've had antibiotics (amoxacillin i think) once in the past, but never had anything like this kind of reaction. Waiting for a call from my doctor for a different medicine."

guest345 October 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prostatitis: "Understanding how approximately 5-10% of Prostatis cases are bacterial related, I don't dismiss the appropriateness of prescribing this drug. However, Ciprofloxacin not only did nothing for me during my 30 days of usage, but also gave me a permanent sunburn and strep in an area of my body that antiboitics have had extreme difficulty in eradicating. I must warn of taking extreme precaution when using this drug; in my experience it was poison."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diverticulitis: "I was on metronidazole (flagyl) & ciprofloxacin for diverticulitis. Let me start off by saying these two medications together SUCK, however they DO work. I have never had any problems with medications...ever. (in 40 years) This time though, at times, I thought I was dying! Best described as the worst flu ever. Massive nausea, occasional vomiting, diarrhea, exhaustion, horrible taste in my mouth, nothing tasted good, and my appetite was bad. Day 4 was the peak of feeling awful. I went to every review sight trying to gather what worked to curb the symptoms. Everyone is different so what worked for others, didn't necessarily work for me. Here is what did work for me a bit, in case it can help anyone else. 1.) Try to not take them together. Split up the doses by like an hour or so. 2.) Take each dose with a little food, (even if you aren't hungry) something bland. DO NOT USE DAIRY PRODUCTS. This made my nausea worse! 3.) Have mints or candy at all times. Your mouth will feel gross and things will taste funny. However, I found spearmints also helped sooth the tummy a bit. 4.) Pepto-Bismol. 5.) Try not to take them immediately before bed at night. Give it about an hour or two. I noticed nausea will wake me up throughout the night if I take them to close to going to sleep. GOOD LUCK, and remember: Your doctor prescribed these for a reason. A reason that could turn into life threatening unless you get it controlled. The worst thing ever is to start taking an antibiotic and then stopping it mid-cycle as your body then becomes immune to it and is essentially ineffective."

AmyS1006 (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2016