User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin (Page 4)

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

7.3

4 reviews
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 5.7 544 reviews

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

For Kidney Infections: "Took Cipro for 7 days for a kidney infection. It is now 3 weeks later and Cipro has wrecked my ability to walk. Tendons tighten up and Achilles begins to throb instantly. Sitting on couch hoping this isn't permanent? I would never take this drug."

Chad46 July 24, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Was in severe pain in both my UTI and my Kidneys, doctor immediately gave me Cipro as I am allergic to the sulfa drug she normally prescribes. Two pills a day for 5 days. After my second dose on day one, I literally felt zero pain and could finally empty my bladder completely. It was very late at night, but still day one none the less, Thank God for Cipro and my doctor"

Hbgala2 (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2017

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Was prescribed 6 over 3 day no appetite severe burning of my sinuses slow working"

Anonymous July 17, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Everyone reacts differently to medications. For me, Cipro is always a fast acting antibiotic. I've only taken it a few times for severe UTI's/kidney infections, and it helped tremendously within the first few days. With the amount of pain I've gotten from UTI's, I'd be willing to risk the crazy side effects that some people have had. I rarely take antibiotics unless I have to. This one will treat just about anything and I've only experienced a few minor side effects like nausea, dizziness, agitation, headache, fatigue, and stomach upset. Nothing too crazy."

bm1248 (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Prescribed for 10 days for a UTI, took about 5-6 days to actually start working for me. Had diarrhea (common side effect with all antibiotics) but went away sooner than expected. No other negative side effects."

OneWithFrequentUTI's (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2017

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed six 500mg Cipro pills for a suspected UTI, to be taken over three days. Cipro caused me to lose my appetite."

mac808 (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a UTI and was prescribed 7 days of Cipro. By days 3-4 I started to feel soreness in my knees. By day five I was up at 3 am with horrible aching in my joints. I stopped taking cipro immediately and drank apple cider vinegar and lots of water to be sure the infection was gone. Here I am 6 days later and am still wearing a knee brace and feel super drained. I will never take Cipro again."

Momof2Littles July 13, 2017

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I'm giving this medicine a rating of 4 out of 10. I was prescribed this when I went to the doctor with a horrible ear infection. The right side of my face was swollen and my ear was almost swollen shut! I had already felt dizzy and nauseous because of my ear infection so when it continued I just thought it was my ear infection. My ear infection cleared up and I still had day left of the meds. As soon as I took my morning dose I got extremely nauseous and shaky. I do not recommend these to anyone. I've never had an anti-biotic make me feel this sick. I even tried taking it with food and it still didn't help. I've also been extremely bloated, and have had diarrhea since I started taking it. I know everyone is different but this is horrible."

Jaz1993 (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2017

For Bronchitis: "I will never take cipro again. I took my first dose and was fine. Then I took the second pill after dinner. I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst pain from my hip to my knees. I can't sit still just from the pain being so bad. I do not recommend this to anyone. My pharmacist said it usually only happens in very young children or closer to old age I'm 26 and this is the worst pain I have ever felt. DO NOT TAKE THIS!!!!!!"

Manson123 July 5, 2017

For Kidney Infections: "I have had as many as 12 kidney infections a year since I was 19. I am now 51. I also have a history of creating kidney stones. I have been on many antibiotics over the years. I have had serious allergies to other antibiotics, i.e. stop breathing, rashes, becoming allergic to them after taking for extended use. Cipro has been a blessing. I have not had a kidney infection in over 2 years. So clearly whatever infection was able to hid prior to cipro is now gone. Yes, there can be a bit a nausea, however, if I drink water, eat a bit first then take this antibiotic and continue to finish my meal, there is little to no nausea. I have read the reviews and the warnings that comes with cipro. I don't go in the sun, hiking, or biking,"

Nicolynne (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2017

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I started experiencing side effects right after I took my last pill. I was prescribed 500mg 2x daily for 14 days. This was the first drug my urologist prescribed for prostitis. Now 3 days later foot and leg pain. This drug should not be used as the first option. It should be used only for severe issues. I misplaced my pamphlet so I I was unaware of the dangers. It should be a requirement that a FDA black box drug should be marked on the bottle with details in the pamphlet. I would have never taken this drug had I read what the possible side effects were. Sad part know one knows how to treat the side effects and they could be permanent."

Greg L July 2, 2017

For Bladder Infection: "Great stuff. And for those who have had issues with it...guess what..your system is different than mine. That's all. So don't go telling folks it sucks. A Tesla won't run on gasoline, but that doesn't mean gasoline doesn't work."

Jesse is me June 25, 2017

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: "30 day prescription up to 60. After first week of mild nausea and mild diarrhea I developed a weird tightness in my right hip, severe tennis elbow and weird pain/headache behind left eye for 2-3 days, bloating, some nights unable to sleep due to insomnia and tremors/weird body vibrations, mornings were hell due to my coffee drinking and the foggy brain. Do not drink coffee while taking this! 3 weeks after stopping I still have some prostatitis symptoms but have greatly improved but the side effects from the med of muscle tightness, brain fog, foot pain, hip pain, back tightness, lack of appetite and fatigue still remain but seem to be subsiding a bit. I wish the docs would explain the meds they prescribe but I don't think they really know!"

Chrude (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2017

For Sinusitis: "Please I beg you don't take this drug. I took it weeks ago and after a few pills had severe tingling in my chest and arm and then swelling in my hand and now I can hardly walk. I'm only 30 years old and was an athlete prior to this now I can't walk my dog. This is poison and needs to be taken off the market."

Canada1000 June 24, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Have taken it for years. Always cleared up my UTI."

Cipro46 June 22, 2017

For Sinusitis: "Where do I begin? I took it for a sinus infection and not the recommended twice daily but only once per day because I couldn't tolerate it more than that. My face and body felt like it was on fire and my skin coloring was red like I was burning up on the outside & inside. I had nausea, diarrhea, ear and throat itching, mind alteration ( couldn't comprehend things like normal), skin puffiness/swelling, stomach pain, taste distortion, high pulse rate, dizziness, fatigue, weight gain, decrease in appetite, frequent burning urination, and even stuffier nose than when I started it. Now it is in my chest & in my nasal cavaties. I just want to feel better. This is awful!!!!"

Still sick Lisa (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2017

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a UTI with some blood showing in my urine prior to taking two 500mg Cipro tabs a day. Which I took for 3-4 days. I went for a short 1/2 mile walk. Toward the end of the walk I started limping as my right inner foot arch was becoming more and more painful to the point I couldn't walk efficiently anymore. I limped back home trying to figure out why was I having all the pain in my foot? As I didn't twist or turn it or anything like that? I stopped taking the Cipro and the tendon pain in my foot lessened each day. Cipro removed the infection, but it left me with permanent plantar fascia tendon damage in my foot. I wouldn't recommend Cipro to anyone. The first side effect listed is causes tendon damage-ruptures. Not good people/FDA."

Bill Dude June 9, 2017

For Kidney Infections: "I was prescribed Cipro on a Friday. Random body heat spikes. Back hurt. Nausea. Bad dreams. I didn't find out until Monday when my doctor called with bladder test that I was resistant to Cipro and they put me on Nitrofurantoin. Hope it works. I would recommend asking your doctor for another antibiotic other than Cipro."

AmyPain June 5, 2017

For Bronchitis: "Cipro did not help in healing bronchitis. Taking this med set me back 10 days. Wasted time for this type infection."

Sick Chick June 4, 2017

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Have had serious UTI infections for almost ten years now. Cipro works great to get rid of them. But I have been prescribed it so much that I am immune to it. I have also developed a bad neuropathy in my left leg and foot that goes into my toes and hurts really bad. Started about three years ago after years of Cipro use. I read there is a lawsuit going on for Cipro and another antibiotic that I have taken for this reason, but I have not joined in the lawsuit. Use this drug with extreme caution and not for long periods of time."

Katy17 June 1, 2017

Proquin XR (ciprofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed Elequin (also known as Proquin and Levaquin). They belong to a group of antibiotics called Fluoroquinolones. From day one of taking this medication, I started having severe pain in my legs, back and abdomen. I was on this antibiotic for seven days, twice a day. It's been months since I finished that course of antibiotics and I have multiple torn tendons, compressed urinary bladder, severe nerve damage, daily digestive issues, abdominal pain and severe anxiety. It was one of the worst decisions I have ever made in my life to follow that gynecologist instructions and take this medication. I've made it a priority of mine to warn others of the dangers involved in taking these very harmful and toxic antibiotic."

LiveLoveLaugh0130 (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2017

For Prostatitis: "Well where can I begin. I had been prescribed cipro for a suspected prostate infection for 2 weeks. The side effects were hell. After the first week I suffered from severe anxiety, bad bloating and not going to the washroom enough. Keep in mind I have anxiety problems to begin with and this drug only made it worse. I kept thinking that I was dying and something was seriously wrong with me. I'm a 26 year old healthy male who is a bit of a fitness buff. I laid off the gym for the entire 2 weeks due to depression and anxiety. Probably a good thing though. On the last couple days of my antibiotics that's when I suffered from very bad joint pain. They were very sensitive especially in my left Achilles heel. I ended up tossing The last pill."

Mattypatty May 18, 2017

For Prostatitis: "This will be my 2nd experience with cipro first was for a injection infection (7 day prescription vs prostatitis 6 weeks). My infection was considered fairly serious so I think I will continue to see improvement until week 3. Doctors generally tone down the sides handing this to you, but will admit sides "yea you'll have that" when u get them. I warn the side effects can be terrible. Everyone reacts a bit different. I know anytime I take this by day 4's dose I begin to have soft stool that burns the anus and causes skin bleeding. Excessive wiping is bad as it only irritates - try some petroleum to the area. Also this antibiotic is really bad on healthy gut bacteria. Recommend yogurt and probiotic. Keep the 2 hour calcium rule in mind and drink crazy amounts of water."

Jeff10237 May 17, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Well, I was stupid enough to give cipro a chance to get into my system. 5-10 mins after taking a 500mg tablet of cipro, I started running to the bathroom because my eyes are so watery, til it went red, and then became swollen, a few moments I started sneezing non-stop!!!! And then my nose got clogged, I was able to find rashes in my skin, and most, it was very difficult breathe!! Had my boyfriend to take me to the hospital. My advice would be a big no no. Don't take cipro"

Itsmedlpe May 15, 2017

For Bladder Infection: "Would never take this drug again as I have lost the hearing in my "good" ear after the 3rd dose. Will I recover my hearing as at the moment my consultant now classes me as profoundly deaf."

Bobthebooter May 13, 2017