User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin (Page 3)

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 3 reviews 69 medications

Prostatitis 32 reviews 48 medications

4.3
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 450 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I started taking the ciprofloxacin and was very sick within hours of the first dose nauseous, dizzy ,diarrhea, shortnees of breathe and stopped taking it but still very sick with flu like symptoms! I do not recommended this antibiotic to anyone!"

Ilee (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Despite all the side effects that are plaguing other users, I believe Cipro is worth a try - it is the most effective antibiotic I have been prescribed for UTI, and I experience little to no side effects. The only time I tried to take Macrobid, I experienced fever, nausea, muscle pain, dizziness, and had to call in sick to work last-minute because I'd slept through the whole day prior. So considering alternatives, I trust Cipro for MY use."

SavSav January 23, 2017

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Kidney Infections: "I was rushed to the emergency room with a Kidney Infection and I was prescribed this to help treat the Urinary Tract Infection, the worst part was definitely the side effects, I've had extreme nausea and bloating pains, they have been unbearable. I must say the medicine really works! After I finished my antibiotics it was completely gone - I was more than surprised, I still have some side effects now (I got off medicine two days ago) but they aren't as severe as before. If you're up for the task definitely take it because it works just some obstacles in the process"

JesseJJjj January 22, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Terrible fatigue and dizziness. Stomach cramps"

VLM-53 January 18, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was panicked reading all these reviews but it worked great for me and got rid of my Uti after 3 other useless antibiotics. Bit of usual antibiotic side effects eg stomach pain but nothing really bad and nothing that lasted."

Katiekatt (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

54 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Before the drug, I had several days of progressively worsening symptoms, not knowing what a UTI felt like (mine was not "burning", no blood, but felt like a very painful uterine contraction). The pain was so bad it kept me up all night. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with a "very bad" UTI. After 2 days of 2x 500 mg ciprofloxacin, I started to feel better, and after 3 days, I felt nearly fully recovered. However the potential side effects really worried me and my body started to ache. I was too scared to continue and decided based on the charts of dosages, that I would stop taking the medication after the 4th day. Although it is VERY effective, I will ask for something different next time that has less side effects."

BonnieTulip (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a very terrible UTI almost 7 yrs.ago and My urinalysis test revealed that my bacterial rate was above 100 which was way above normal! After just 2 days of taking doc's prescriptn.,Cipro, I was in good shape again like nothing happened!..I was really amazed coz a few days before, I was in great pain, I had the worst fevers of my life and I could hardly even get on my feet!..Since then, only mild UTI has came back and that was only during my pregnancy which is common for pregnants and that was it!..Cipro did a great job for me, no any side effect as far I could remember and it's very much cheaper too!.."

Nelg_005 January 7, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "This drug put me in the hospital for 3 weeks in the burn unit. My skin blistered and peeled off and the condition developed into Toxic epidermal necrolysis (TENS) - which can be fatal. The hospital said they see cases of this all the time - which is why the FDA black boxed the drug. FDA protects the drug manufacturer, pharmacy protects the drug manufacturer with side-effect disclaimers (everything to cover all possibilities). Malpractice insurers hold seminars to help protect the doctors and drug manufacturers. Drug manufacturers get away with well death or distruction. If a restaurant served food that killed a few people or consumer product (they would be shut down immediately). These warnings are worthless as they are on everything now."

cipro burns January 6, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "In 2011 a doctor prescribed this medication for my 82 year ol mother for a severe UTI... given in lieu of hospitalization. Within an hour of the first dose she became very ill, nauseated and vomiting. She was taken by ambulance to the hospital where her heart stopped. During the next two days on life support her systems began to fail. She died the morning of the second day. Doctors would not contribute her sudden illness and death to the medication, but there is no other explanation. We discovered later that this drug is not recommended for older people. I can only say that a healthy woman died after taking one dose. Her cause of death was listed as heart failure & renal failure, but no cause for either. Ask for an alternative treat"

SorryinVa December 31, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bladder Infection: "I'm taking Novo Cipro for a bladder/kidney infection. I have to take 1 pill, twice a day, 12 hours apart. I think it's working because when I went to the hospital and got diagnosed I could barely walk. 5 days later, I'm fully upright again. & I think I can thank the Cipro & my hot water bag for that! However, there are so many side effects. When I'm not keeling over from the pain from my bladder infection, the abdominal pains set in. I also have a terrible cramp/swelling in my left wrist & arm. The first 3-4 days on this medication, I was exhausted. I could not stay awake for the life of me. My back was hurting, my whole body felt sore. I had a fever, cold sweats at night & migraines!! Terrible migraines!!"

Eliiii December 20, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Kidney Infections: "I doubt that people on here will know that I am writing to them, but all of them need to seek holistic treatment for their chronic UTI/kidney problems quickly. There is an underlying problem causing urinary infections, possibly an auto immune disease. I know I have had similar issues. I found a holistic chiropractor who has better understanding of how the body all works together, so a rash on your arm might mean a depleted immunity. There are numerous treatments for UTIs that are available at natural sites, such as silver. Mainstream medicine will never find the cause of your problems. It will only treat your symptoms with dangerous drugs."

SusanGeoria (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "took 1 pill, lips swelled up like bee sting, cold sores covering complete lip area short term. long term still can not smell anything except nasty metal smell all the time, also cannot taste anything I eat, nasty metal taste in mouth all the time, no matter what I eat or drink, it is December took pill in early August 2016"

vmouse (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had UTI two years ago, I had prescribed myself Cipro. It was very painful UTI. I felt better within less than 24 hours. CIPRO is amazing antibiotic for UTI. I never had any side effects. Reading others experience is scary. I am currently on cipro again since yesterday because I have UTI again. 500 mg every 12 hours. I had 3 pills so far. No noticeable side effects. If don't feel improvement yet. I hope my UTI clear up completely by end of the treatment course (5 days)."

Big beast (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bladder Infection: "Prescribed 7 day treatment for UTI, (2x/day), of Ciprofloxacin 500mg, two months after 6 week course of BCG infusions for bladder cancer. Only took 11 pills then stopped because of warnings of possible side effects. Then about two weeks after that, started to have pains in right side around right kidney area. Now this week my left side kidney area is aching. Dr. is out of town 'til Monday the 28th of Nov."

Gliderbill November 27, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I get chronic UTI's and kidney infections. I recently found out that my chronic infections have led to scarring of my left kidney and both ureters so I go in for a cystoscopy and Videourodynamics in December. Cipro is the only thing that works for me. It works fast too. I usually get bad headaches with this medicine, but I am prone to headaches as well...lucky me. I always make sure I take good probiotics when I am on this medicine to replenish the gut flora. Bactrim is weak and never works...Cipro is the only thing that works for me and my body. Everyone's body is different so do your research and talk to your doctor about your concerns."

Annie BananaHead November 17, 2016

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bladder Infection: "8 years ago I had a UTI so bad the 1st round of antibiotics didnt work & that became apparent when blood in my urine was visible to me at home & still in a world of pain. Fortunately they took a culture my 1st visit to discover the bacteria I had would not be killed by what was perscribed....no duh! So they gave me Cipro & within an hour I felt relief. Fast forward 8 years, same situation but exasperated by too much sirracha (chilli sauce), I woke up with pains of a bad UTI. Ran to the doc, I had been drinking too much water for them to detect leukocytes & nitrates but detected blood and sent the culture to the lab. She prophylacticly perscribed Cipro & UTI was gone. I noticed little side effects, maybe some light headedness & tireness but thats about it."

Uti no more.... (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "This drug might save your life. NEVER EVER USE IT UNLESS IT'S A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH!!!!!!!!! Read about Fluoroquinolone toxicity. Cipro has given me massive mitochondrial DNA damage, hypoglycemia, and peripheral neuropathy. The FDA and even the manufacturers have released updated labels and MASSIVE WARNINGS, however they only did so in press releases and on twitter..... NOT by contacting the doctors directly who are getting kickbacks from prescribing these meds. It only takes a little research. Where you diagnosed with Firbomyalgia????... Cipro toxicity can cause these symptoms giving the Doctor a false diagnosis."

Rodeo JJones (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "If you had a bad reaction to CIPRO take Activated Charcoal caps asap!!! It will help your body not absorb the medicine and drink lots of water. I took 4 doses and initially for a uti, I was feeling better but this morning after the 4th dose I felt HORRIBLE. Dizzy, spaced out, weak, and weird feelings in my head. I drank a bunch of water and took the charcoal and feel 85% better about 1.5 hours later. I'm requesting Zythromax (Zpack) instead because I've taken that before with no issue and it's a drug on the list to help UTI's. Just waiting for the doctor to get back with me. Anyway I hope this review helps someone. The activated charcoal is also great if you have food poisoning! It's like a miracle helper."

Katsssss November 2, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Took first dose and started feeling better after 4 hours. Then my forearm began to ache. I read all of the side effects, do and don'ts. Drank 66 oz of water cut the dairy and out comes the mucus. Voice is back post nasal drip slowed tremendously. Day 2 diarrhea no pain though"

Shelus (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "work well for arm but arm started swelling"

ginlou (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "On my second dose of taking this ...Worst experience ever ...I feel my whole body is swelling and numbness all over my body ...I'm so dizzy I can't stand up,diarrhea too...was rushed to the ER because of this medicine .and they just told me to drink water to flush it out .After 8 hours I feel better I won't take this medicine again..."

Ishy32 October 30, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bladder Infection: "I have had a lot of bladder infections years ago from pregnancies but haven't had one in 4/5 years. The few days ago noticed the symptoms, went to the doc and he prescribed me this. I've always been prescribed amoxacilin and it's worked great. This time he prescribed this because of my history. Took my 1st pill today and within 30 mins started to feel faint, weak and outer body experience. I was at home by myself with my 8 month old baby so I immediately got in the car, drove to the local hospital which is conveniently only 5 mins away and sat in the parking lot. Started to feel better but still not 100%. Called a nurse I know who said i'll be fine but get a diff prescription. I'm going to try taking half for my 2ND dose or else i'll stop"

Crystal from Canada (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I've taken a lot of antibiotics in my life, and I've never had a bad reaction. I took ONE dose to treat a UTI and had extreme joint pain (mostly knees), dizziness, ear-ringing, etc. Thought I was crazy till I googled it and found it this isn't uncommon. A day later I still feel horrible - spaced out, weak legs, etc. DO NOT TAKE THIS and tell your friends and family"

RubyBee October 27, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Before taking Cipro I was a powerlifter after taking Cipro I was left unable to walk. MY tendon's are torn and I don't know if I will ever have my life back. I am currently in a wheel chair."

Sam FJ (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2016

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I'm so sick can't keep anything on my stomach. So nauseated , feel like got the flu. Everything I eat goes straight thru me. Got ulcers in my mouth. So much pain in my sides. I'm done taking this.."

Holly Rose October 22, 2016