User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin (Page 3)

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 3 reviews 69 medications

Prostatitis 34 reviews 48 medications

4.3
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 473 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

For Kidney Infections: "I have been taking these tablets since late Tuesday, I'm on a 500mg 10 day cycle for chronic kidney infection. The hospital sent me away with the tablets and advised if I was no better within 48 hours I was to go straight to A&E. I have taken 4 tablets now, I was feeling sick and vomiting before I started to take these tablets so I can't blame that now the tablet. I can honestly say the only problems I am having with this tablet is the dreams, they are so awful, vivid and terrifying. It's hard to try and get back to sleep when you know what your gonna face on the other side but all I want to do is sleep and rest. Overall I genuinely think the tablets is doing its job, I shall let you know if I end up in hospital this evening."

1A9H9B7 April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was lucky enough to get most of the side effects from this drug. For the first two weeks, I lost my ability to walk. My entire body went numb (including my face), I had crippling anxiety, insane nightmares, and all of my major tendons were damaged. I had so much fatigue that I slept 18hrs a day. Thankfully, I was only sick for four months, but I lost my job and had to move back in with my parents. Now, I am okay. 0/10 would recommend. Even if you don't get a reaction the first time you take it, it is NOT WORTH TAKING. My friend's achilles heels ruptured after her fifteenth round having no problems before that. Take another antibiotic or eat some garlic. I had $3000 in med bills"

MIVP (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I'm a 25 year old woman and I was prescribed cipro for a UTI. I got 250mg twice daily for three days. I got this yesterday and today I've taken three pills in total. I have a horrid fear of vomiting, I become suicidal when I think I'm going to be sick. So I'm very particular and paranoid about my antibiotics. I usually respond well to antibiotics but not this! I didn't vomit, thank goodness but three pills in and I'm lightheaded, light sensitive, bloated like no other, abdominal pain and kinda nauseous, itchy and muscle pain. Not to mention my anxiety is sky high! I'm writing this before my current panic attack makes me unable to write. Hope these side effects leave and don't stay! Very paranoid!"

Spooks April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "It didn't clear up my UTI and gave me severe tendon issues. I am mincing around hoping my achilles doesn't snap off. Most of my tendons hurt. My hands are puffy and tingling. STAY AWAY FROM CIPRO! Do not think that if it works once that your problems are over. It is apparently a drug that causes tissue damage that is cumulative until there is a major problem. I have taken it before with no issues, until now. It causes your tissues to not be able to repair themselves. I WAS a very healthy and strong person with a simple UTI."

Anonymous April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was given Cipro for recurring UTIs over a year. I started losing my ability to walk, I started getting auto immune disease , all of my tendon started to hurt , my muscles became intolerant to working out , A terrible orthopedic went into my need to times and took my meniscus out , it was unnecessary it was all from the Cipro , now I have no life from a 30 year exercise teacher on TV for fitness, to a cripple in a wheelchair and a bed for four years."

Jodi G March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: "I was to take Cipro for a prostate problem for weeks. I took for approximately two weeks and Achilles in my left leg ruptured completely. This event has changed my life in a very negative way. In 2014 the drug description listed near the end it may weaken tendons. In 2015 the informational sheet list at the top, will cause weakness or rupture of tendons in adults over 60 years of age. In December 20, 2015 I lost my balance in my garage attic, hit my head on a rafter, knocked me out and a feel thru the Attic floor. 12' and broke my back. I now have 2 -8" rods & 8 screws. My wound on my leg still hadn't healed so in November 2016 I had the permanent stitch in my Achilles removed, it was infected."

Bob Yingst March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Kidney Infections: "I had a severe kidney infection and got put on cipro. By the third day I was vomiting and had horrible diarrhea. By day 5 I have having crazy hallucinations. I felt like I was losing my mind. I got in my truck got halfway down the road and realized I had no shoes on. I also got in the shower not realizing my socks were still on. It was the strangest thing. I broke down in my kitchen starting bawling because I couldn't figure out what was going on with me. I called my friend who is a RN told her what was going on and she said stop taking it immediately. Couple weeks after I was fine but I will never take this ever again. It was the most out of control feeling and I felt like I should of been in a mental facility. Worst drug ever."

Twiddle64 March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection: "Tremors, anxiety, panic attacks, brainfog, insomnia, intolerance towards many foods, medicines, vitamins and supplements, concentration issues, light sensitivity, heart palpitations, difficulty in reading and understanding, spells of severe depression, weakness, fatigue, delayed and slow reactions to situations and questions, spells of memory loss, - despite taking it 14 months ago! It has destroyed the abilities and the intelligence of a poet, an intellectual thinker, a guy known for witty replies and unmatched sense of humour and timing. This poison has changed the personality of a guy named Rawal Afzal - myself that is! I'll never ever take it again, or any drugs in the class of Fluoroquinolone or Quinolone, even as eye or ear drops."

Rawal Afzal March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I started feeling better by the 2nd day. I feel a little funny but continued to take my prescription. But on the night of the 4th day I started to feel like my UTI was starting up again. On the 5th and last day of my prescription I have a burning sensation when a went to peed and my lower abdomen started to hurt again."

Mailyn March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was super hesitant to take this, but didn't want to be overly paranoid, but wanted my UTI to clear up. My UTI is gone, but by dose 6 I couldn't take it. Dose 4/5 I was exhausted, hardly could get thorough work, and woke up with EXCRUCIATING calf cramp and headache. My cramp won't go away, and I'm hoping by discontinuing this horrid medicine, it will go away soon (looks like it stays in your body 22 hours). I don't think this should be a casually pre-scribed medicine."

Wisco Mom (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "I am not stranger to antibiotics for U.T.I. infections. Just 2 weeks ago was subscribed Cipro the normal is 3 day. This medication did not help me I even got worse with the spasms, frequency and burning. I'm not saying the medication made it worse just saying it doesn't work. I'm on something different and waiting on a culture since my problem got much worse."

Grandmom#1 March 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Kidney Infections: "Day 2 three tablet's down about to take my second one and last one for the day. I'm a anxious person generally so of course I looked up the side effects... The ones I've experienced are extreme nausea... bloating,gas,feverish,dizziness,hot n cold sweats. But only 3 tablet's in and it's helping a lot with the pain in the kidneys on n off though. Got to say the nausea is the worst part I'm practically bed bound. Most of this is probably due to how bad my infection but it got worse after taken ciprofloxacin"

Em9333333 March 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "On holiday in Florida (from Canada) and got UTI after many years with no problems. Cipro was prescribed and although it has helped, the side effects are almost unbearable! My joints ache, I'm dizzy and nauseous, can't get to sleep and had terrible abdominal and vaginal pain. Also you can't have dairy or any vitamins 2 hours before to 4 hours after taking the meds. If this had been my family doctor instead of the doctor's PA at the walk-in clinic I'd certainly give him an earful!! I'm only half way through the course of meds (required a full 10 days) and will make note of this medicine so that I will NEVER take it again!"

snowbird7751 March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Left hospital yesterday after having stones removed and a kidney stent put in place. Approximately 12 hours after taking this drug I have severe tingling, shivers and nausea. All these symptoms are worse than anything I was experiencing from the removal of the stones. I went to emergency ward tonight as I thought I had a severe UTI. The locum confirmed I was ok. I mentioned this drug and he stated these were ok. It was not until I looked up these side affects that I realised how dangerous they are. I have stopped taking these immediately. What is it with these doctors, do they check anything."

Jojojigs February 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I experience 1-3 UTI a year. This drug gives me relief within a few hours of first dose. No side effects to report. Just drink a ton of water with it which helps a UTI anyway."

TreeB February 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prostatitis: "30 year old male healthy no problems. Diagnosed a few weeks ago with a prostate infection and the doctor prescribed 10 day course of Cipro. I had noticeable improvement of symptoms in just a few hours. Cipro is an extremely potent antibiotic but you're about to find out the reason I only gave this med a 5. Cipro is also EXTREMELY dangerous to some people. And you won't know until you take it if it's YOU this med will destroy. Prescribed 500mg cipro 2x daily. After taking second pill my heart started skipping beats and every joint in my body started making "popping" noises. Immediately stopped medication but it was to late. I couldn't walk for 2 weeks. I also went through months of hell. Perephrial neuropathy, anxiety attacks, tremors."

OyVeyGoyim February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a mild UTI that I was trying to treat naturally, but it didn't go away. So, I was forced to try an antibiotic. I was prescribed Cipro for 5 days. I had no side effects at all and felt 100% by day 3. I continued taking them through the 5th day even though all symptoms were already gone."

Del1979 February 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Infectious Diarrhea: "If you get watery diarrhea while taking this medication, see your doctor immediately. I tend to ignore physical problems, so I don't know how long I had C diff before it was diagnosed. I do know it took well over a year to beat C diff and I don't want anyone to go through that. C diff is not caused by any antibiotic, but some antibiotics help it get serious. (I probably was exposed in a hospital.) It doesn't always respond to treatment. After several hospitalizations for dehydration and hypokalemia, I was put on several IV antibiotics. I don't like to take antibiotics, and I really didn't like IV antibiotics. If your doctor says you have C diff, ask all the questions that come to mind. Follow your doctor's instructions exactly."

Ciara16 February 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I went to the hospital Tuesday night because of stomach pain an I felt nauseous. They told me I had a bad UTI and some of the infection was in my kidneys that's why I was so nauseous so they prescribed me cipro I have 500 mg 20 tabs it say take one tablet twice a day but it lack to say how many hrs apart. This has been my worst experience ever!!! An I really hate this drug . Every time I take it I'm throwing up I've been able to eat a VERY LITTLE more than I was but I haven't really eaten for the past 4 days I been throwing up everything .It makes my stomach hurt an makes it hard for me to fall asleep. I have another week worth of pills but I'd rather die than take these pills. Also is it best to eat b4."

MyaCee (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This drug, like so many countless victims before me, has so effectively degraded my quality of life that I simply lack words to describe how important it is to be cautious before consumption of this deadly poison. I had a simple UTI at the age of 17; two weeks later my head began to throb and tingle. My hands were in so much unexplainable pain. I had never experienced anything like this at all before in my life. Also, I had just recently triumphed over a five year battle with anorexia, going from 76 lbs to 105lbs - looking forward to a healthy future. Now, I experience this nonstop, chronic pain all over my body. I am only 18. Definitely a 0.5 out of 10, to be quite honest with you lot."

Jaina Sedek February 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "Second time I am taking this. I am on day 4 of a 5-day prescription. The only side effect I seem to have is an occasional kidney spasm on the right, but who is to say that the medication is causing it? The only thing I would say is that you should always eat something prior to taking your dosage. I forgot once and had a stomach ache for about 30 minutes. I think many people imagine some side effects because they read forums like this and then imagine every little itch is a side effect and they become paranoid. I believe this is a good fast acting medication and I have had no yeast infections from this either, when almost every other antibiotic I have taken did result in yeast infections. I guess I am lucky."

groot77 January 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "After reading the good and bad reviews I thought I would give it a go. Never again! I was ok for about 2 days.. on the third day I couldn't stop vomiting, i felt like I couldn't breath properly and was dizzy. Just thinking about these tablets one year on and I feel nauseous!"

Anntonella January 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have a UTI and Bladder Infection. Bad side effects!!! - stomach ache - insomnia - lots of gas - headaches Hate this..."

hasbrogrl74 (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I started taking the ciprofloxacin and was very sick within hours of the first dose nauseous, dizzy ,diarrhea, shortnees of breathe and stopped taking it but still very sick with flu like symptoms! I do not recommended this antibiotic to anyone!"

Ilee (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Despite all the side effects that are plaguing other users, I believe Cipro is worth a try - it is the most effective antibiotic I have been prescribed for UTI, and I experience little to no side effects. The only time I tried to take Macrobid, I experienced fever, nausea, muscle pain, dizziness, and had to call in sick to work last-minute because I'd slept through the whole day prior. So considering alternatives, I trust Cipro for MY use."

SavSav January 23, 2017