User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin (Page 3)

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 3 reviews 69 medications

Prostatitis 32 reviews 48 medications

4.3
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 444 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a very terrible UTI almost 7 yrs.ago and My urinalysis test revealed that my bacterial rate was above 100 which was way above normal! After just 2 days of taking doc's prescriptn.,Cipro, I was in good shape again like nothing happened!..I was really amazed coz a few days before, I was in great pain, I had the worst fevers of my life and I could hardly even get on my feet!..Since then, only mild UTI has came back and that was only during my pregnancy which is common for pregnants and that was it!..Cipro did a great job for me, no any side effect as far I could remember and it's very much cheaper too!.."

Nelg_005 January 7, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "This drug put me in the hospital for 3 weeks in the burn unit. My skin blistered and peeled off and the condition developed into Toxic epidermal necrolysis (TENS) - which can be fatal. The hospital said they see cases of this all the time - which is why the FDA black boxed the drug. FDA protects the drug manufacturer, pharmacy protects the drug manufacturer with side-effect disclaimers (everything to cover all possibilities). Malpractice insurers hold seminars to help protect the doctors and drug manufacturers. Drug manufacturers get away with well death or distruction. If a restaurant served food that killed a few people or consumer product (they would be shut down immediately). These warnings are worthless as they are on everything now."

cipro burns January 6, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "In 2011 a doctor prescribed this medication for my 82 year ol mother for a severe UTI... given in lieu of hospitalization. Within an hour of the first dose she became very ill, nauseated and vomiting. She was taken by ambulance to the hospital where her heart stopped. During the next two days on life support her systems began to fail. She died the morning of the second day. Doctors would not contribute her sudden illness and death to the medication, but there is no other explanation. We discovered later that this drug is not recommended for older people. I can only say that a healthy woman died after taking one dose. Her cause of death was listed as heart failure & renal failure, but no cause for either. Ask for an alternative treat"

SorryinVa December 31, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bladder Infection: "I'm taking Novo Cipro for a bladder/kidney infection. I have to take 1 pill, twice a day, 12 hours apart. I think it's working because when I went to the hospital and got diagnosed I could barely walk. 5 days later, I'm fully upright again. & I think I can thank the Cipro & my hot water bag for that! However, there are so many side effects. When I'm not keeling over from the pain from my bladder infection, the abdominal pains set in. I also have a terrible cramp/swelling in my left wrist & arm. The first 3-4 days on this medication, I was exhausted. I could not stay awake for the life of me. My back was hurting, my whole body felt sore. I had a fever, cold sweats at night & migraines!! Terrible migraines!!"

Eliiii December 20, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Kidney Infections: "I doubt that people on here will know that I am writing to them, but all of them need to seek holistic treatment for their chronic UTI/kidney problems quickly. There is an underlying problem causing urinary infections, possibly an auto immune disease. I know I have had similar issues. I found a holistic chiropractor who has better understanding of how the body all works together, so a rash on your arm might mean a depleted immunity. There are numerous treatments for UTIs that are available at natural sites, such as silver. Mainstream medicine will never find the cause of your problems. It will only treat your symptoms with dangerous drugs."

SusanGeoria (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "took 1 pill, lips swelled up like bee sting, cold sores covering complete lip area short term. long term still can not smell anything except nasty metal smell all the time, also cannot taste anything I eat, nasty metal taste in mouth all the time, no matter what I eat or drink, it is December took pill in early August 2016"

vmouse (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had UTI two years ago, I had prescribed myself Cipro. It was very painful UTI. I felt better within less than 24 hours. CIPRO is amazing antibiotic for UTI. I never had any side effects. Reading others experience is scary. I am currently on cipro again since yesterday because I have UTI again. 500 mg every 12 hours. I had 3 pills so far. No noticeable side effects. If don't feel improvement yet. I hope my UTI clear up completely by end of the treatment course (5 days)."

Big beast (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bladder Infection: "Prescribed 7 day treatment for UTI, (2x/day), of Ciprofloxacin 500mg, two months after 6 week course of BCG infusions for bladder cancer. Only took 11 pills then stopped because of warnings of possible side effects. Then about two weeks after that, started to have pains in right side around right kidney area. Now this week my left side kidney area is aching. Dr. is out of town 'til Monday the 28th of Nov."

Gliderbill November 27, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I get chronic UTI's and kidney infections. I recently found out that my chronic infections have led to scarring of my left kidney and both ureters so I go in for a cystoscopy and Videourodynamics in December. Cipro is the only thing that works for me. It works fast too. I usually get bad headaches with this medicine, but I am prone to headaches as well...lucky me. I always make sure I take good probiotics when I am on this medicine to replenish the gut flora. Bactrim is weak and never works...Cipro is the only thing that works for me and my body. Everyone's body is different so do your research and talk to your doctor about your concerns."

Annie BananaHead November 17, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bladder Infection: "8 years ago I had a UTI so bad the 1st round of antibiotics didnt work & that became apparent when blood in my urine was visible to me at home & still in a world of pain. Fortunately they took a culture my 1st visit to discover the bacteria I had would not be killed by what was perscribed....no duh! So they gave me Cipro & within an hour I felt relief. Fast forward 8 years, same situation but exasperated by too much sirracha (chilli sauce), I woke up with pains of a bad UTI. Ran to the doc, I had been drinking too much water for them to detect leukocytes & nitrates but detected blood and sent the culture to the lab. She prophylacticly perscribed Cipro & UTI was gone. I noticed little side effects, maybe some light headedness & tireness but thats about it."

Uti no more.... (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "This drug might save your life. NEVER EVER USE IT UNLESS IT'S A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH!!!!!!!!! Read about Fluoroquinolone toxicity. Cipro has given me massive mitochondrial DNA damage, hypoglycemia, and peripheral neuropathy. The FDA and even the manufacturers have released updated labels and MASSIVE WARNINGS, however they only did so in press releases and on twitter..... NOT by contacting the doctors directly who are getting kickbacks from prescribing these meds. It only takes a little research. Where you diagnosed with Firbomyalgia????... Cipro toxicity can cause these symptoms giving the Doctor a false diagnosis."

Rodeo JJones (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "If you had a bad reaction to CIPRO take Activated Charcoal caps asap!!! It will help your body not absorb the medicine and drink lots of water. I took 4 doses and initially for a uti, I was feeling better but this morning after the 4th dose I felt HORRIBLE. Dizzy, spaced out, weak, and weird feelings in my head. I drank a bunch of water and took the charcoal and feel 85% better about 1.5 hours later. I'm requesting Zythromax (Zpack) instead because I've taken that before with no issue and it's a drug on the list to help UTI's. Just waiting for the doctor to get back with me. Anyway I hope this review helps someone. The activated charcoal is also great if you have food poisoning! It's like a miracle helper."

Katsssss November 2, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Took first dose and started feeling better after 4 hours. Then my forearm began to ache. I read all of the side effects, do and don'ts. Drank 66 oz of water cut the dairy and out comes the mucus. Voice is back post nasal drip slowed tremendously. Day 2 diarrhea no pain though"

Shelus (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "work well for arm but arm started swelling"

ginlou (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "On my second dose of taking this ...Worst experience ever ...I feel my whole body is swelling and numbness all over my body ...I'm so dizzy I can't stand up,diarrhea too...was rushed to the ER because of this medicine .and they just told me to drink water to flush it out .After 8 hours I feel better I won't take this medicine again..."

Ishy32 October 30, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bladder Infection: "I have had a lot of bladder infections years ago from pregnancies but haven't had one in 4/5 years. The few days ago noticed the symptoms, went to the doc and he prescribed me this. I've always been prescribed amoxacilin and it's worked great. This time he prescribed this because of my history. Took my 1st pill today and within 30 mins started to feel faint, weak and outer body experience. I was at home by myself with my 8 month old baby so I immediately got in the car, drove to the local hospital which is conveniently only 5 mins away and sat in the parking lot. Started to feel better but still not 100%. Called a nurse I know who said i'll be fine but get a diff prescription. I'm going to try taking half for my 2ND dose or else i'll stop"

Crystal from Canada (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I've taken a lot of antibiotics in my life, and I've never had a bad reaction. I took ONE dose to treat a UTI and had extreme joint pain (mostly knees), dizziness, ear-ringing, etc. Thought I was crazy till I googled it and found it this isn't uncommon. A day later I still feel horrible - spaced out, weak legs, etc. DO NOT TAKE THIS and tell your friends and family"

RubyBee October 27, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Before taking Cipro I was a powerlifter after taking Cipro I was left unable to walk. MY tendon's are torn and I don't know if I will ever have my life back. I am currently in a wheel chair."

Sam FJ (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2016

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I'm so sick can't keep anything on my stomach. So nauseated , feel like got the flu. Everything I eat goes straight thru me. Got ulcers in my mouth. So much pain in my sides. I'm done taking this.."

Holly Rose October 22, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Diverticulitis: "Taking Cipro made me almost sicker than the bout of pain. I couldn't function, slept most of every day. Developed thrush, heavily coated tongue. Staggering when walking, off balance at times, thinking process was not normal, crying jags for no reason. This drug in the class of quinolones causes CNS problems. I will never take another in that class. Diarrhea was continuing days after the 10 day course was done. Read Cipro can actually cause C. difficile and Immodium can aggravate that! It's been one month since I started the ten day course of Cipro and still having side effects of CNS."

M E P October 22, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed co-ciprofloxacin for a urintary tract infection. I took one pill and within a few hours Ii became beat red, all over my body, as if I had been sitting in the sun for hours, My face was scarlet and I was itchy all over and I was constantly scratching and appying creams, but to no avail. I have Lupus and MS and my joint pain is worse as a result of the drug. I have always had beautiful skin, peaches and cream complexion, and almost no wrinkles or lines in my face. After taking only one pill, I now have wrinkles and lines - it completely destroyed my skin. I also have balance issues, directly caused by the drug. I have a dizzyness in the morning when getting out of bed. I am going to talk to a lawyer."

Patricia L. October 21, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bladder Infection: "Had a bladder infection for over 2 weeks before doctors found the tablets i was on were the wrong ones for my infection, as a UTI takes many forms. You must not drink milk or have anything dairy for 2 hours before hand and 2 hours after taking the tablet. If you drink coffee or tea you must drink the same amount in water afterwards. Not had any side effects following these rules to a T. Been told that I need to drink water after every coffee or tea I have now as it's pointing to me damaging my kidneys because there is blood in the urine, i must follow this for the rest of my life if i want to keep fit. I live in the UK. The test the hospital did on my urine sample, showed I was on the wrong treatment as it wouldn't kill that particular bacteria"

Wemmoss (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Kidney Infections: "I am taking this medicine for a bladder infection which I have quite often. it wasn't prescribed to me by my doctor who usually prescribes (Pinamox) which by the way gives me gives zero side effects. Straight away after I took the first dose which was 500mg I was feeling very dizzy and nauseous. I thought I could put up with that feeling but I'm now on day2, I could barely get out of bed from nausea in the morning but managed to get myself together but felt all day like I was about to collapse with severe joint pains and headache which got even worse. I went to bed but when I did it felt like I was literally drunk and kept vomiting all night. I won't take the next dose or ever take this medicine again as it feels like taking poison."

Betty_boop (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: "Took this for 4 weeks I'm 46 and regularly Do some form of excersise walking etc had no noticeable side effects and after doing some research combined milking of the Prostate , 1 or two times a day for about 1 week .. five months later and all good .have had no problems since I would recommend this medication"

David Ako October 16, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bladder Infection: "I've given bad reviews on drugs with awful side effects but I must say this one worked very well for me . Had a very bad bladder/prostate infection with cloudy urine . Had a misdiagnosis so the infection actually festered for 4 months . Body temperature rose and chills set in two hours after taking the first dose . This lasted for 4 days as my body ( antibiotics ) fought the infection . By day 5 was feeling much better . By day 7 best I'd felt in many months . By day 10 urine was totally clear , no more pain , normal urine volume and totally back to normal . What a relief . Benefits far outweigh some minor side effects ( first day some minor dizziness , Little bit of " brain fog " first few days ) 500mg x 2 for 14 days ..................."

cazzilo (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2016