User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin (Page 3)

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 2 reviews 68 medications

4.3
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 1 reviews 33 medications

Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 360 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Had a severe UTI but didn't start getting any symptoms until it was too late and became unbearable. My doctor prescribed 500mg twice a day of Ciprofloxacin. After the first pill symptoms went away. No more sudden urgency or burning or spasms in the groin. However after the third pill I took I experienced sever nausea and vomiting and started to become extremely drowsy. So far it's a great medicine overall it's just some of the minor side effects are a tad unbearable."

Meggie236 (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a UTI back in 2013 and took one dose of Cipro (250 MG) and within hours it started to clear up and by the following day the UTI was gone. I now have another UTI. I took 1 dose again of the 250 MG pill and after about 7-8 hours, I felt about 60% better. I just now took a 2nd dose. Hopefully this will completely clear it up. I haven't noticed any side effects other than a minor headache. But like I said, I have only take 2 doses at the max."

Melanie Response May 18, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I have had a uti for about 2 weeks now.. The first week I was prescribed 100mg twice a day of macrobid which did absolutely nothing to my uti. I went in for a physical days after finishing macrobid and was told I still had a uti so I was put on 500 mg of cipro twice a day. Ever since getting on cipro I have had pain everywhere in my body. I now have pain in my leg and behind my knee, I have horrible pain on my right side of my shoulder and neck & I also have a sore feeling all over my chest area.. On top of that I feel as if something on my face is swollen? It does not appear swollen but I fell my tongue is a bit bigger and so are other parts of my face.. This is torture.. I can not wait to get off of this stuf.."

Stay away (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Kept getting Cipro for UTI's. Would go away and resurface 6 weeks later . Then began the excruciating pain in legs and ankles, brain fog, a whole list of things going wrong. Do your research and only if you are on deaths door agree to take this poison . It may work at first but you are likely to pay months and years later. So not worth it!"

PKO May 14, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Horrible pain and Nerve damage in my feet after one pill. Couldn't walk normally for over a month and had to roll around in a chair. Turns out I didn't even have the UTI they prescribed it for, but the nerves will still get painful and make walking hard today, which is 6 years later. I wouldn't recommend taking this unless your infection is life threatening!"

Nerve Damage (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2016

For Bladder Infection: "I was experiencing pain in my right kidney, It wasn't a sharp pain, but more of a dull achy pain that was just uncomfortable. It went away the next day but would come back every other day. I then started to feel the beginning stages of a UTI coming on so I correlated the 2 together. the dr. took a urine sample but results have not come back yet. She says she thinks I have a bladder infection spreading to my kidney so she prescribed me cipro. After looking it up I read cipro is good for UTI, kidney and bladder infections so it should work perfectly fine. After my second pill my UTI was cleared up (hallelujah), but after taking 3 days my pain in my kidney is more constant than ever and stays 24/7 now. I hope it goes away soon!"

Savannahp_ May 12, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: "Cipro is horrible poison and it has had a negative impact on my quality of life. I took 500mg 2x day for prostatitis. On day 5 I developed severe fatigue, brain fog, neuropathy, severe anxiety, and blurred vision. My prescription was for 10 days but I stopped taking it that day. A few days later I developed Achilles tendonitis and was unable to walk for 3 weeks. Recovery has been slow, challenging and expensive; one year later (almost to the day) I am still not recovered although I am better. I learned a painful and expensive lesson: I will never ever again in my life take a fluoroqinolone antibiotic or blindly trust the judgment of an allopathic physician. The not-so-silver lining is it did nothing for my prostatitis."

gman123 May 8, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Not effective treatment for bladder infection. Have been on this medication and have had very little improvement."

Sable123 May 8, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I went to the ER last night because of a pulled back muscle that occurred 2 weeks ago...the pain(lower back) was just unbearable! And when the pain also moved up to my kidney I thought "ok something is seriously wrong here...Turns out I had a pretty bad UTI that I didn't know about (NONE of the usual symptoms, pee flow regular, no spotting, etc.) 1st time ever being prescribed Cipro, 500mg 2x a day. Took 1st dose immediately after filling my script(10pm), second one 12hrs later(10am) by morning I had severe dry mouth after taking 2nd dose so I started drinking a Gatorade and immediately started vomiting, my kidney hurts more than it did before going to ER, headache since last night, and I'm only on day 1 :("

K.K. May 2, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "been taking antibiotics for almost 3 month now, cipro for 6 weeks for an apparently antibiotic resistant infection. started on merropenem i.v. (dont know why if its antibiotic resistant) i think doctors do whatever they can with the knowledge they have been given by these companies. which most dont even now of the side effects and say dont believe everything you read on google. but i had diarrhea straight away after the first pill (500mg) i have also had tennis elbow. yet never played any tennis or golf.i have muscular pain in my shoulder and it felt like it popped out or something almost a week ago. and only now i re read the symptoms and the reviews i see others having this problem. i dont trust pharma companies i want to stop taking now"

ryan0 April 20, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Is the worst medication I have ever taken...After five days I couldn't remember what I had for breakfast...i was having difficulty with keeping track of money...I did not get nauseous...I felt like i had a cerebral lobotomy. I don't know if it cured the infection or not...as I had no outward symptoms to begin with and only a urine specimen detected the infection. I do have kidney disease so I am freaked not knowing if this antibiotic did the trick or not. It was if I had turned senile..."

bazily (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2016

For Sinusitis: "Cipro gets a bad rap. It is the ONLY thing that knocked out my terrible sinus infection. I would take it again for sure. IT WORKS."

JaneMorgan April 13, 2016

For Bladder Infection: "I've been on Ciprofloxcin for 3 days now for a urinary tract infection and I don't know what's worst...the pain from the actual infection or the horrible feeling this medication has given me. Every time I take it it gives me a headache, I feel drained and dizzy and give me this restless anxiety attack feeling. I hope that at the end of my 7 day cycle it will be worth it but so far I feel worst than better."

Cyndi27 April 6, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Test came back, had a UTI. Had one a month ago, so doctor thought it would be a good idea to put me on something else. Something stronger. It has been day two on Cipro, and I went from feeling fine to feeling like I have the flu. Lots of muscle aches, lots of dizziness, lots of nausea. I never read side effect labels on meds. So I look up Cirpo online, and lawd, this medication has a black box warning?! WTF?! I called my doc and told him this ain't going to cut it. Would very much like to get rid of an infection without having muscular, nerve, and who-knows-what-else for the rest of my life! Watch what you're putting in your bodies, folks."

abellesoleil March 30, 2016

For Prostatitis: "I started Cipro for a diagnosed Prostatitis that was even questionable as being bacterial. Most urologist don't do the massage and urinalysis to detect bacteria and then empirically "guess" that your problem is bacterial. I was given Cipro. Do your homework. 95% of all chronic prostatitis is NON-BACTERIAL. Regardless, two weeks of Cipro left me with a "sunburned" feeling face with dry eyes and lips. Both urologist consulted said they had never heard of such a side-effect but the internet is full of them and my allergist confirmed. I went on a Medrol dose pak that worked great for two days but symptoms returned as I weened off the product. It has taken two weeks for the symptoms to begin to improve. I was a very anxious time."

Notyouraveragenut (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

For Bladder Infection: "I got a UTI and was prescribed Cipro because I am allergic to Sulfa drugs. It took care of the UTI quickly, but I can't wait to get off it. I have two days left. I feel achy, tired, have indigestion and had nightmares. I read the side effects and they are all on there. Also, I cannot take any of my other medications because of potential reactions. I don't have any other choices, but I don't feel well on this drug."

robi51 March 21, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Absolutely terrible! Felt like I was having a seizure, extreme dizziness, rapid heart beat, uncontrollable shaking."

MegL March 20, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Just causing nausea, I think people react differently and moaning it's toxic and cause life threatening symptoms is complete nonsense. People are just not suited for it."

boo12345 (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Took just one tablet, I was rushed to hospital I could not even pick my hand up. Sadly someone gave me a 2nd dose in hospital the next day, 20 mins later I went into.. ANAPHYLAXIS SHOCK .. I had 8 Drs round my bed doing so many things. Thank GOD for those 8 Drs ACTING so FAST. Had I not been in hospital that day. I would not be here now to tell my Story. I was told is was a very close call even though I was in hospital. This was a truly Terrifying thing to happen. I am now so scared to take any antibiotic. 18.3.2016"

Cipro202 (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I Took just one tablet, i was rushed to hospital I could not even pick my hand up. Sadly someone gave me a 2nd dose in hospital the next day, 20 mins later I went into.. ANAPHYLAXIS SHOCK .. I had 8 Drs round my bed doing so many things. Thank GOD for those 8 Drs ACTING so FAST. Had I not been in hospital that day. I would not be here now to tell my Story. I was told is was a very close call even though I was in hospital. This was a truly Terrifying thing to happen. I am now so scared to take any antibiotic. 18.3.2016"

J Adams (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a UTI and was prescribed Cipro (250 mg 2x for 10 days). The pain and frequency went down on day two and after day three, I felt normal. The only side-effect I had was itching."

Walter Gathers March 18, 2016

For Kidney Infections: "I was nervous to take Cipro because I had made the mistake of reading online reviews. To people like me who get anxiety about medication: just think, people who willingly write a review online about medication probably had an extreme or unpleasant experience, but that does not make them the majority. I'm a petite woman that was prescribed 500 mg two times a day for a week. The first time I took the pill I felt a bit lightheaded and woke up a tad nauseous. However, I was not on a full stomach (too nauseous to eat with my kidney infection) and I made the mistake of not drinking a full glass of water with the pill. As long as you do those things and avoid dairy (among other things like NSAIDs, etc) you'll be fine. Feeling much better now"

ATCCAL March 15, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I had it for a boil it work very quick I had 500 milligrams 2 times a day for 1 week was very effective."

Kitty kaka March 10, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "It works very good for me........"

TIMISVALI (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2016

For Kidney Infections: "I had a kidney infection & my Doctor prescribed Ciprofloxacin for 3 days and boy, the infection is gone but the side effects are just so intense! I had throbbing headaches. I couldn't think straight. Got a major fever, my face turned red. I was so miserable. The drug definitely got rid of the infection but fair warning: it was as if I had a bad acid trip."

Jackie from Toronto (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016