User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin (Page 3)

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 2 reviews 68 medications

Prostatitis 28 reviews 48 medications

4.3
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 417 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

For Bronchitis: "This antibiotic worked wonders for my cough/bronchitis, after 4 days being on 250mg every 12 hours, my chest feels cleared and my cough is nearly gone. But, on the other hand I developed a severe sinus infection. I can barely breath through my nostrils and haven't been able to taste food for 4 days now. Even with over the counter decongestants I have had no relief. Netti pot nasal spray nothing is releaving the pain in my head. Time to quit cipro."

Laur4175 October 9, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prostatitis: "Before I explain my experience, I need to explain that I have a congenital defect in my feet termed "bilateral subtalar tarsal coalitions". Typically, I'm in pain my podiatrist equates to "walking on two broken ankles 24/7". After three days on Cipro for bacterial prostatitis, my extensor tendons, across the tops of my ankles became unusually inflamed and excruciatingly painful. Very literally, I couldn't walk for two days and had to rely on a cane to walk. Simultaneously, I had odd pains in my forearms. I was instructed to immediately stop taking the Cipro. Simply put, my urologist completely ignored the warnings and my lifelong battle with a disabling chronic foot disorder, and I'm never taking this medication again! It's just not worth i"

Zachatitis (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bladder Infection: "I caught a urinary tract infection after being sick from stomach flu / virus and was prescribed cipro (500 m). After one pill in the evening, I became tired, went to bed and woke up anxious, depressed, restless, with loss of balance. I've had antibiotics (amoxacillin i think) once in the past, but never had anything like this kind of reaction. Waiting for a call from my doctor for a different medicine."

guest345 October 6, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prostatitis: "Understanding how approximately 5-10% of Prostatis cases are bacterial related, I don't dismiss the appropriateness of prescribing this drug. However, Ciprofloxacin not only did nothing for me during my 30 days of usage, but also gave me a permanent sunburn and strep in an area of my body that antiboitics have had extreme difficulty in eradicating. I must warn of taking extreme precaution when using this drug; in my experience it was poison."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diverticulitis: "I was on metronidazole (flagyl) & ciprofloxacin for diverticulitis. Let me start off by saying these two medications together SUCK, however they DO work. I have never had any problems with medications...ever. (in 40 years) This time though, at times, I thought I was dying! Best described as the worst flu ever. Massive nausea, occasional vomiting, diarrhea, exhaustion, horrible taste in my mouth, nothing tasted good, and my appetite was bad. Day 4 was the peak of feeling awful. I went to every review sight trying to gather what worked to curb the symptoms. Everyone is different so what worked for others, didn't necessarily work for me. Here is what did work for me a bit, in case it can help anyone else. 1.) Try to not take them together. Split up the doses by like an hour or so. 2.) Take each dose with a little food, (even if you aren't hungry) something bland. DO NOT USE DAIRY PRODUCTS. This made my nausea worse! 3.) Have mints or candy at all times. Your mouth will feel gross and things will taste funny. However, I found spearmints also helped sooth the tummy a bit. 4.) Pepto-Bismol. 5.) Try not to take them immediately before bed at night. Give it about an hour or two. I noticed nausea will wake me up throughout the night if I take them to close to going to sleep. GOOD LUCK, and remember: Your doctor prescribed these for a reason. A reason that could turn into life threatening unless you get it controlled. The worst thing ever is to start taking an antibiotic and then stopping it mid-cycle as your body then becomes immune to it and is essentially ineffective."

AmyS1006 (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "I took Cipro having suffered a UTI from the Mirena Coil that wouldn't clear. As with all medications the side affects depending on the individual can be horrendous. I suffered swellings, hives, a horrendous red rash on both under arms that left my skin damaged. The next side affect was tendonitis in both my ankles that left me unable to walk. I was told that the tablet reacted to the sun Id factor 50 just sitting on the patio for a half an hour and got burned. A nightmare"

Morelanddylan (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Have "fibromyalgia" like me? . You've probably taken this poison or other floroquinalone antibiotics. I developed the same neurological symptoms on the 2016 FDA 2nd black box warning (they don't call it fibro though) and also have/had plantar fascitis and heel and joint pain. Debilitating problems started after my 3rd time taking Cipro NSAIDs (contraindicated!) after a surgery to prevent infection. Steady decline over a year then struck down with full on fibro which has been misery. Cipro kills good gut microbes that produce neurotransmitters like GABA which prevents muscle contraction and calms the CNS-helps sleep and pain. Thank God for Kefir and fermented foods, they are undoing the damage for me. Am better."

pklaB September 28, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Began taking this medicine when I was in pain for a strong UTI. This medicine has made me feel the worst I've ever felt in my life. Constantly throwing up, extremely high fever (104), dizzy, confused, blurred vision, chills, insomnia, and the most painful back, ribs, neck, and leg pain. As well, it makes you urinate less frequently and that put together with not being able to hold down water, how is this supposed to make me "better"? I have never been one who is sensitive to medication but due to the amount of dehydration and pain I've been caused I'm currently sitting in a hospital hooked up to an IV. I wouldn't suggest this medication to anyone, ever."

12katherin21 September 26, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Salmonella Gastroenteritis: "I had antibiotics before this but had infection so doc gave me this after speaking to the hospital please Stay away from this !!! I had worse experience ever , I was taking 2 a day on my 4th day it was hell I took one in the morning about 1pm ish I had this bad pain above my belly button like camps . Kept running to the loo on the second run I broke up in sweat , light headed , sickly feeling I felt like it was over for me . My mother had wet some cold towels and wrap me up to cool me down, I had pins and needles in my arms legs .I started cooling down And then the chills came On still running to loo and got to the point that I had take Imodium tablets to stop this which worked . Im still feeling cold and light headed ."

Sun26 September 25, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Cipro works well for me without incurring any noticeable negative side effects. Strangely though, I get many of the terrible side effects described by some here when taking levofloxacin - the insomnia, the crippling panic attacks, etc. It just goes to show, I suppose, how differently these meds affect different individuals."

her der September 22, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have ibs and many antibiotics cause terrible bowel issues like bloating and runs. I am also in a wheelchair - which makes it difficult to manage. in my recent memory I think cipro is my best tolerated antibio so far. I get uti 2-3 x a year and have ended up in an emergency room by ambulance which can be the worst part of a uti emergency for me. I now face another posible uti and need to consider my best options to treat it comfortably safely"

EuriskoLontano September 15, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bladder Infection: "I took Cipro for 5 days. It made me sick! I nausea, body aches, chills, diahrea, head aches, dizziness! My uti is gone. i took the last pill 2 days ago and the drug hasnt completely left my body yet! Im not taking cipro ever again!"

Renck September 10, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "I'm no stranger to antibiotics. I've taken many different kinds. I've had side effects to them all, but Cipro was absolutely the worst. I was prescribed 500 mg twice daily for a kidney infection (klebsiella). I could not get passed 3 days. My tendons and joints hurt so bad. I can barely walk as of this morning. I'm terrified it may be permanent. It worked against the infection, but destroyed my joints. Please, get a urine culture and see what antibiotics your bacteria will respond to and choose anything but Cipro or any other fluoroqinolones. These side effects can be permanent, or at least last a long time, maybe even a year!"

Michelleagain (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Ended up with hospital stay from Cipro... Years ago Mom ended up in the hospital in renal failure due to Cipro."

No taker September 3, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For : "Went to the dermatologist after a nasty looking rash popped up. Turns out I had Hot Tub Folliculitis. Taking the ciprofloxacin to get rid of it. Seen a massive improvement in just two days, but I'm not fond of the side effects. My sinuses drain, so I get nauseous. I sneeze more than normal. Nausea if taken on an empty stomach, and just overall malaise. Hopefully I won't be on it too much longer, but I have to say, it works really well."

HotTubFolliculitis September 3, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Serious Sinus infections for years. Ciprodex drops in nose and oral Ciprofloxacin totally cured the problem. no side effects,,,,,I am totally ecstatic !!!!"

Ecstatic (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Infection Prophylaxis: "DO NOT USE THIS DRUG. I used it for post vasectomy infection prevention Horrible drug with crazy side effects. I can't believe that this is legal to prescribe except for emergencies. I only took 2 pills and 3 days later I still have aches and pains in joints all over my body. Joints are stiff and I have to walk slowly. Now I have to worry about a possible tendon rupture even months from now. I also have tinnitus (ringing in my ears) which is CONSTANT. After taking the very first pill I felt light-headed, out-of-it and almost passed out. I should never have taken the 2nd. This drug is insanely overpowered and should only be used if there is no alternative. It attacks your joints, tendons, muscles, digestive tract and nervous system."

Post Vasectomy Pain (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "This medicine takes away your infection within a couple of days. I would stay away from caffeine if you are known to have anxiety. Muscle aches are not there like some of these scary reviews... I am very sensitive to a lot of medicine, this one works!! The only side effect is if you go in sun you will get rash.... Also, my jaw feels a little stiff. Other than a few side effects, I'd rather get rid of an infection that could lead to worse!"

Sierradbrownn August 27, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "The severe side effect after only 2nd pill of cramps in calves, legs and shoulders were not worth the medications use. Very scary. No one told me the damage could be permanent, not dr or pharmacy- this should be advised up front. Will never use again."

Moose1999 August 24, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Neuropathy and about 25 different side effects dealing with neuropathy that lasted over 2 years. Stay away from this drug"

Amber0411 (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "It is good for UTI but it's not good for the body at all!! the second day I started having muscle problems, sleeping problems, anxiety..."

Xime3778 August 23, 2016

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Took Cipro for a suspected UTI and within 3 days my legs were in terrible pain. I now suffer from permanent nerve and tendon damage over 3 years later. I'm in my thirties. I wouldn't take this again if you paid me. My life has been ruined."

EPA (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Unfortunately I get UTI's more often than I should. I have taken a 10 day prescription of Cipro, 500mg every 12 hours for a bad UTI, and I couldn't get past 5 days of it. I was just prescribed Cipro, one 500mg pill (because my doctor believed that this medications side effects were too common and powerful). Within 24 hours, my UTI symptoms cleared up BUT, in the past two nights, I have barely slept. I have bad stomach cramping and diarrhea. And headaches. Not fun to say the least. It will do a good job knocking out the infection, but the side effects are just crappy. I also learned that with this medication, some times less is more."

Cipro for a UTI August 18, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "While Cipro may clear up my UTI it triggered my seizure potential and lowered my seizure threshold. It also can interfere with seizure meds which isn't cool for me as it can cause seizures in people with previous head trauma too. Lastly, if also taken with NSAIDS like ibuprofen or aspirin it can raise risk. Use extreme caution if have history of seizures!!!!"

Cipro (the good n bad) August 16, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "58 year old male. Self-diagnosed Epiglottitis via google... all the classic symptoms (headache, bodyache, fever, inflamed upper throat -> actually area of epiglottis, painful swallowing, some difficulty breathing when trying to sleep)... and when I saw on a Saturday - that it could possibly be fatal (asphyxiation)... but treatable with antibiotics, I reached for the 1st antibiotic I saw listed for the condition (although do not have that reference handy.) Cipro 500 mg, 2xday, 5 day course (expired 5 years ago, 2011) 12 hrs (after 1st dose) - fever gone 18 hrs - headache / body ache gone 24 hrs - epiglottis still inflamed, but less-so? pain swallowing 36 hrs - epiglottis less inflamed? less pain swallowing? 48 hrs - epiglottitis resolved!!!"

Balmy (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016