User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin (Page 3)

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease

Prostatitis
4.1

Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 6.9 506 reviews

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

For Kidney Infections: "I have had as many as 12 kidney infections a year since I was 19. I am now 51. I also have a history of creating kidney stones. I have been on many antibiotics over the years. I have had serious allergies to other antibiotics, i.e. stop breathing, rashes, becoming allergic to them after taking for extended use. Cipro has been a blessing. I have not had a kidney infection in over 2 years. So clearly whatever infection was able to hid prior to cipro is now gone. Yes, there can be a bit a nausea, however, if I drink water, eat a bit first then take this antibiotic and continue to finish my meal, there is little to no nausea. I have read the reviews and the warnings that comes with cipro. I don't go in the sun, hiking, or biking,"

Nicolynne (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I started experiencing side effects right after I took my last pill. I was prescribed 500mg 2x daily for 14 days. This was the first drug my urologist prescribed for prostitis. Now 3 days later foot and leg pain. This drug should not be used as the first option. It should be used only for severe issues. I misplaced my pamphlet so I I was unaware of the dangers. It should be a requirement that a FDA black box drug should be marked on the bottle with details in the pamphlet. I would have never taken this drug had I read what the possible side effects were. Sad part know one knows how to treat the side effects and they could be permanent."

Greg L July 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "Great stuff. And for those who have had issues with it...guess what..your system is different than mine. That's all. So don't go telling folks it sucks. A Tesla won't run on gasoline, but that doesn't mean gasoline doesn't work."

Jesse is me June 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: "30 day prescription up to 60. After first week of mild nausea and mild diarrhea I developed a weird tightness in my right hip, severe tennis elbow and weird pain/headache behind left eye for 2-3 days, bloating, some nights unable to sleep due to insomnia and tremors/weird body vibrations, mornings were hell due to my coffee drinking and the foggy brain. Do not drink coffee while taking this! 3 weeks after stopping I still have some prostatitis symptoms but have greatly improved but the side effects from the med of muscle tightness, brain fog, foot pain, hip pain, back tightness, lack of appetite and fatigue still remain but seem to be subsiding a bit. I wish the docs would explain the meds they prescribe but I don't think they really know!"

Chrude (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis: "Please I beg you don't take this drug. I took it weeks ago and after a few pills had severe tingling in my chest and arm and then swelling in my hand and now I can hardly walk. I'm only 30 years old and was an athlete prior to this now I can't walk my dog. This is poison and needs to be taken off the market."

Canada1000 June 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Have taken it for years. Always cleared up my UTI."

Cipro46 June 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis: "Where do I begin? I took it for a sinus infection and not the recommended twice daily but only once per day because I couldn't tolerate it more than that. My face and body felt like it was on fire and my skin coloring was red like I was burning up on the outside & inside. I had nausea, diarrhea, ear and throat itching, mind alteration ( couldn't comprehend things like normal), skin puffiness/swelling, stomach pain, taste distortion, high pulse rate, dizziness, fatigue, weight gain, decrease in appetite, frequent burning urination, and even stuffier nose than when I started it. Now it is in my chest & in my nasal cavaties. I just want to feel better. This is awful!!!!"

Still sick Lisa (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a UTI with some blood showing in my urine prior to taking two 500mg Cipro tabs a day. Which I took for 3-4 days. I went for a short 1/2 mile walk. Toward the end of the walk I started limping as my right inner foot arch was becoming more and more painful to the point I couldn't walk efficiently anymore. I limped back home trying to figure out why was I having all the pain in my foot? As I didn't twist or turn it or anything like that? I stopped taking the Cipro and the tendon pain in my foot lessened each day. Cipro removed the infection, but it left me with permanent plantar fascia tendon damage in my foot. I wouldn't recommend Cipro to anyone. The first side effect listed is causes tendon damage-ruptures. Not good people/FDA."

Bill Dude June 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Kidney Infections: "I was prescribed Cipro on a Friday. Random body heat spikes. Back hurt. Nausea. Bad dreams. I didn't find out until Monday when my doctor called with bladder test that I was resistant to Cipro and they put me on Nitrofurantoin. Hope it works. I would recommend asking your doctor for another antibiotic other than Cipro."

AmyPain June 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis: "Cipro did not help in healing bronchitis. Taking this med set me back 10 days. Wasted time for this type infection."

Sick Chick June 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Have had serious UTI infections for almost ten years now. Cipro works great to get rid of them. But I have been prescribed it so much that I am immune to it. I have also developed a bad neuropathy in my left leg and foot that goes into my toes and hurts really bad. Started about three years ago after years of Cipro use. I read there is a lawsuit going on for Cipro and another antibiotic that I have taken for this reason, but I have not joined in the lawsuit. Use this drug with extreme caution and not for long periods of time."

Katy17 June 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Proquin XR (ciprofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "I was prescribed Elequin (also known as Proquin and Levaquin). They belong to a group of antibiotics called Fluoroquinolones. From day one of taking this medication, I started having severe pain in my legs, back and abdomen. I was on this antibiotic for seven days, twice a day. It's been months since I finished that course of antibiotics and I have multiple torn tendons, compressed urinary bladder, severe nerve damage, daily digestive issues, abdominal pain and severe anxiety. It was one of the worst decisions I have ever made in my life to follow that gynecologist instructions and take this medication. I've made it a priority of mine to warn others of the dangers involved in taking these very harmful and toxic antibiotic."

LiveLoveLaugh0130 (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prostatitis: "Well where can I begin. I had been prescribed cipro for a suspected prostate infection for 2 weeks. The side effects were hell. After the first week I suffered from severe anxiety, bad bloating and not going to the washroom enough. Keep in mind I have anxiety problems to begin with and this drug only made it worse. I kept thinking that I was dying and something was seriously wrong with me. I'm a 26 year old healthy male who is a bit of a fitness buff. I laid off the gym for the entire 2 weeks due to depression and anxiety. Probably a good thing though. On the last couple days of my antibiotics that's when I suffered from very bad joint pain. They were very sensitive especially in my left Achilles heel. I ended up tossing The last pill."

Mattypatty May 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prostatitis: "This will be my 2nd experience with cipro first was for a injection infection (7 day prescription vs prostatitis 6 weeks). My infection was considered fairly serious so I think I will continue to see improvement until week 3. Doctors generally tone down the sides handing this to you, but will admit sides "yea you'll have that" when u get them. I warn the side effects can be terrible. Everyone reacts a bit different. I know anytime I take this by day 4's dose I begin to have soft stool that burns the anus and causes skin bleeding. Excessive wiping is bad as it only irritates - try some petroleum to the area. Also this antibiotic is really bad on healthy gut bacteria. Recommend yogurt and probiotic. Keep the 2 hour calcium rule in mind and drink crazy amounts of water."

Jeff10237 May 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Well, I was stupid enough to give cipro a chance to get into my system. 5-10 mins after taking a 500mg tablet of cipro, I started running to the bathroom because my eyes are so watery, til it went red, and then became swollen, a few moments I started sneezing non-stop!!!! And then my nose got clogged, I was able to find rashes in my skin, and most, it was very difficult breathe!! Had my boyfriend to take me to the hospital. My advice would be a big no no. Don't take cipro"

Itsmedlpe May 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "Would never take this drug again as I have lost the hearing in my "good" ear after the 3rd dose. Will I recover my hearing as at the moment my consultant now classes me as profoundly deaf."

Bobthebooter May 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "I was prescribed this medication for a kidney infection. On the third day I developed breathing problems similar to asthma, rapid heart beat, a burning sensation in my chest, and found sleep to be very difficult."

Dm3// May 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "My 3rd day on cipro without hardly any effect. I'm in pain 24/7 like a period. Ready to consult a doctor again. I was in the ER the 6th of May. Still lots of pain. Plus I have stomach issues. No appetite. My entire abdominal area hurts. Nausea."

JRose63 (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection: "My mental calm has been destroyed. After 30 years of being instantly able to access an alpha state of mind, I can no longer get there at all. In just 10 days this medication has done unbelievable harm to me. It has taken my life away. Although I stopped taking it two days ago, it still has my mind in its tormenting grip. Do not use this drug unless you will die without it."

Boboji May 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diverticulitis: "I have been getting UTI's for years before I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis but my doctor gave me Cipro for the UTI's. As soon as I started taking this drug I started getting hip pain so bad I couldn't even walk to the bathroom. I went to Physical therapy, Aquatic Therapy, Massage Therapy and nothing helped. I finally put two and two together that every time I took Cipro this happened. When I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis I was given intravenous Cipro and Flagyl and although it helped the pain and swollen stomach by the 3rd day the hip pain was getting really bad again. My doctor says Cipro would not cause this but everybody in my Diverticulitis support group has experience the same thing. My foot was even super painful."

Squadcar May 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "Burning sensation when I pee meant a trip to the Dr. The doctor prescribed Cipro 500mg twice daily for one week. Cleared up the problem quickly."

Anon9696 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: "When my urologist recommended Cipro to combat my prostatitis (500mg 2x per day for 6 weeks!) I wanted to make sure long-term use was OK. So I went online....and it looked really scary! People totally slamming the drug. But I went for it anyway. Seems to have done the job I needed it to do and there are ZERO side effects. I mean ZERO. People talk about vomiting - I take the pill with or without food and not even a tiny bit of nausea. No fatigue, no aching or numbness, no appearance of tendon issues....nothing. Maybe it's just me and I know not everybody is the same but worked for me. The only reason I gave a 9 and not a 10 is because I still have a couple of days to go before I am done with the 6 week course."

Chris M C (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "FIRST day neck started itching almost right away later few days skin was red and burned like a bad sunburn became anxious and angry emotions , would not recommend should be banned forever."

HAROLD555555555 April 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "I was prescribed cipro after the first antibiotic didn't completely work for a UTI. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DRUG!!!! POISON PLEASE GOOGLE what has happened to people who have taken this horrible drug that the FDA finally gave it a black box warning. I have pain in my hips, shoulders and arms b/c of this drug"

suzi be gone April 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "Have an acute UTI which comes on very very quickly, so have to go to A & E, for intravenous anti biotics. This is the 3rd infection in 3 months but the hospital keep prescribing Ciprofloxacin 500 mgs, fine for a short while, but the infection starts again, with lots of blood in my urine. I experience dizziness, nausea and some pain. This time, along with the Cipro, I've been prescribed Naproxen. Have an appointment with a urologist soon and hoping he will prescribe something different and that works. My life is on hold at the moment and totally fed up"

Hovis2 April 22, 2017