User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin (Page 5)

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 3 reviews 69 medications

Prostatitis 29 reviews 48 medications

4.2
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 432 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I am on Ciprofloxacin for 3 days along with Pyridium for a UTI. I have felt nauseous, heady, tired and have had increased anxiety since starting these Meds. Today I had dry heaves, nausea, drained feeling and a full blown panic attack. Will be calling my Dr. Tomorrow for a possible replacement. Going on vacaction on Thursday and don't want any of these side effects. UTI symptoms better but don't think it is cleared up fully. Scared."

Momdonna July 31, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Kidney Infections: "I was prescribed cipro for my bad kidney infection about 2 days ago so I am still currently taking this drug. The bad part for me is the SIDE EFFECTS. Oh my! My dreams have been soo vivid that I hate sleeping. Like I literally start dreaming before Im even asleep I was starting to think I was loosing my mind! I feel like im in a cloud or something :-( I dont think i can take it!"

Chloe Phoenix July 31, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Diverticulitis: "Cipro was horrible. I have never had a reaction to an antibiotic before. Mentally disturbed head. It was very strange and made me panicky. Broke out in a rash on forearms and itchy tight chest. Read how awful this drug is. Thank goodness my reaction happened after a few doses and not a week or two. Flouriquinolones are poison for me. I never would have thought an antibiotic could be so harmful."

Sbrb (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I have SLE, and I tend to contract UTI's pretty easily. Usually they'll give me Keflex or Flagyl, both of which don't seem to cut it. My current primary started prescribing it about a year and a half ago, and now I specifically ask for it. I had an AWFUL UTI for over a week, finally got to ER today, within a few hours, the worst of the symptoms were residing.... the burning, constant urge, abdominal and lower back pain/pressure. Honestly, I would give it 10 stars, but relief often comes at a price, although for me, they're temporary side effects - bad migraines, yeast infections, worsened photo-sensitivity, drowsiness. All medications have potential side effects. Communicate with your doctor & make sure it's right for YOU."

KittyMowMow July 25, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prostatitis: "I'm 20 and I had problems urinating for days and went to the hospital for back and abdominal pain as well but they couldn't find anything wrong. After going through 2 more doctors one suggested quickly looking at my prostate and I had acute prostitis. Took cipro that night and have never felt worse. Within 2 hours I couldn't eat, everything I did made me want to throw up, and all I could do was lie in my bed in a ball. Went to the doctor again and he prescribed Bactrium since it's easier on nausea. The nausea has gone down a little but cipro stays in your system for 48 hours so still feel awful, will never be able to take it again."

Kyle1011 July 21, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diverticulitis: "I went to the doctor for simple gas pains. bladder was checked and bowels were checked. No blood was found. Was sent for an immediate bloodtest which showed signs of infection. was prescribed cipro and flagyl and was sent for barium for ct scan of the abdomen the next morning. The barium produced severe diarrhea but ct showed acute inflammation of the colon. I took the cipro and flagyl and was nauseated and had diarrhea for 7 days. I finished the flagyl but had 3 more days of cipro to go. On the 8th day the nausea and weakness was so bad along with back pain and joint pain. I couldn't take it any more, so I quit the cipro 2 days early. 24 hours later I resumed my multivitamins and simvistatin and had a little diarrhea but has stopped now."

starrynites (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: "I took Cipro for only three days for a bladder infection. I was left with ankle/tendon pain and diahrrea for three months. I had no clue what was happening to me. Turns out lots have had the same reaction to this class of antibiotic."

Anonymous July 14, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "6-8 years ago, I used to have a UTI every other month. Cipro was my go-to because I'm allergic to most others. It always worked. Haven't had an infection for at least 2-3 years until now- Cipro took care of it 100% in 3 days. It isn't easy on the digestive system, and definitely have to follow all instructions on bottle (don't take with calcium, or before anything fortified with vitamins &minerals and stay out of the sun!), but it works! The things I did to stop getting uti's: no baths, only showers; urinate before and after sex, lots of water and not too many caffeinated drinks, don't try to "hold it" (if you gotta go, then go!). Taking cranberry daily is helpful also."

Charlivvy July 6, 2016

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Cipro caused me to have horrible panic attacks. I have been dealing with anxiety for the last 1.5 years, but had been doing so much better the last 5 months or so. I was prescribed it for a UTI, after my original antibiotic wouldn't be covered by ins. and I couldn't afford it. I will never take it again if I can help it all. It has set me back so much and even though I've finished it up over a week ago I am dealing with worsened anxiety still. I know it was the medication. I haven't been that bad since I started having trouble to begin with. It was awful. I've also had a lot of stomach issues since and can't help but wonder if it was the medication. I think the stuff is like poison for some people!!"

Lynn78 July 6, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I went to de Dr. With an UTI. I got prescribed the genetic for Cipro 500 mg. first pill i felt fine, secund pild I started to feel a tingling sensation on my forearm and pain on my wrists. Therd pill my arems hurt from the shoulders to the palm of my hands my arms had gotten swollen and I couldn't even stand my watch. I couldn't sleep at night do to the pain on my arms with I thought it was not normal. Next morning befor my next pill i desided to read the side effects of this medication and it say that in some cases it could cause swollen, vomit, nousea, and arm pain. At that moment I stop taking the medication and went baco to my doctor and complain. And i made them to write this med under my allergies so this dosent hapend again."

Auravital July 5, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Do not take this medication. I only took one pill (and I'm only 23) and all my joints started popping. I was out bike riding and my whole leg gave away, and so did my other leg. I could barely walk for a few months. Take zinc if you experience these awful side effects and hope for the best. Cipro can permanently cripple you and it doesn't matter how old you are. If you have any joint problems at all (even the occasional joint that pops every now and then) cipro will attack it and break it. I was never so depressed in my life. I thought I ruined my body forever. Zinc helped me recover but it took months and the experience scarred me. I wasted a whole year of my young life in bed and unable to walk outside for anything."

Winterforest July 5, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I took cipro for a suspected UTI, 500mg Bid for ten days April 2016. I felt tired, had loss of appetite while on it. Two weeks after I finished them the Peripheral Neuropathy started in both hands and feet along with fasciculations all over, severe anxiety and seeing more Drs than I ever have in my life. I would not recommend this medication unless your life depended on it. My symptoms have NOT subsided."

Dissapointed (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Cleared up the UTI right away, but I took the third dose on an empty stomach because my doctor said not to take it within 2 hours of dairy and I'm a regular coffee with cream drinker. Threw up that dose within about 20 minutes. That's pretty common with antibiotics so it's annoying, but a UTI is worse and I'll be fine once I've eaten. Some of these scary reviews are pure conjecture and people seldom write reviews when they're happy. I found this page when googling whether vomiting with cipro was common and if it would be better not to take on an empty stomach."

ChiElizabeth June 29, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I will never take Cipro again. After the 3rd pill, I developed tingling in my hands, legs, and feet. I stopped taking it, but the symptoms still persist. I cannot sleep at night and the tingling is constant. I've read this is called being "floxied" and is more common than you might think. I am seeing a Naturopathic doctor next week to try to reverse these awful side effects. Don't take Cipro!"

trying to stay positive June 18, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had UTi for 13 days and I was too much woried about it. it was a very painful expirience when urinate. so I searched out and choose the cipro. I had taken 2 pills 250 Mg in 24 hours. Believe me I had no notice any side effect of this medicine axcept a minor headch and I feel 70% beter then before.It works for me and I hope I will recover 100% with time. scary reviews was scaring me but its different for me Thank God."

Miss sib June 15, 2016

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had no side effects and it cleared up my infection well! Scary reviews can scare you but don't ever forget YOUR body is different than someone else's therefore drugs can effect you differently than someone else."

Anonymous June 8, 2016

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "It was awful. First dose made me itchy, second dose made my face feel swollen then I broke out in sores on my mouth. They had to put me on steroids and someone had to monitor my breathing overnight."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "I took Cipro for a UTI. Within 3 doses (1.5 days) I went from walking fine, to having severe pain in my left knee and having to limp. The pain got worse. Finally, I researched Cipro's side effects and found out that it can cause severe damage to tendons. I stopped the medication, but the damage was already done. A year later I had to have surgery to repair some of the damage. Since then I have read other horror cases like mine. Cipro seems to find a weak tendon and strike at it. I will never take this drug again."

Leasey (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was very nervous to take this because of the reviews, but my UTI symptoms were so bad I had to try, especially since I'm allergic to sulfa. The first 3 doses I had no side effects so I was very happy, but then the last 3 were not so good. Lots of stomach cramps and my fibromyalgia nerve pain (which had been dormant for 2+ months) came back worse than it had ever been, shooting pains in my hands and down my legs, my knee gave out when I was walking and I'm only 24 years old so it was very surprising to suddenly fall. The UTI symptoms are gone now though so I'm happy about that, I just hope the nerve pain goes away again."

cdmcweston (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I took ciprofloxacin 6 years ago and had foot and hand tendonitis within 5 months of taking it, now 6 years later tendons of my feet, legs, hands and arms have hardened and ruptured. Showing that this chemical does not leave your body once it has entered it!"

wabbit (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bladder Infection: "Within hours of taking the generic Cipro and AZO I felt much better. I was only having pain and urgency the morning before I went to doc. I'm on day 3 and the past two days I've been lethargic, groggy and bloated. First night had some anxiety but I think that's from reading the side effects before going to sleep (eeek). I have had some mood swings as well. Hopefully I only need to take it for 5 days instead of 7- waiting for my lab result of how severe the infection was- I hate taking antibiotics."

Hals (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diverticulitis: "Whilst this may have worked well on the diverticulitis, the side effects were so awful. I used Cipro for 10 days in April, and was almost crippled with heel pain in my left foot, and big toe pain in my right foot. I had to put a box in my bed to keep the sheets off the foot, it was so painful. Once off the Cipro, my heel and toe pain slowly lessened, but I had a serious diverticulitis flare-up last week and they put me back on it in hospital. Despite telling the doctors about the heel pain (imagined, they said) they prescribed it to me when I went home. Then I started doing some research. Am now off the Cipro and will never take it again; just hoping the damage done to my tendons isn't permanent. Back on Augmentin."

Doogs (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Had a severe UTI but didn't start getting any symptoms until it was too late and became unbearable. My doctor prescribed 500mg twice a day of Ciprofloxacin. After the first pill symptoms went away. No more sudden urgency or burning or spasms in the groin. However after the third pill I took I experienced sever nausea and vomiting and started to become extremely drowsy. So far it's a great medicine overall it's just some of the minor side effects are a tad unbearable."

Meggie236 (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a UTI back in 2013 and took one dose of Cipro (250 MG) and within hours it started to clear up and by the following day the UTI was gone. I now have another UTI. I took 1 dose again of the 250 MG pill and after about 7-8 hours, I felt about 60% better. I just now took a 2nd dose. Hopefully this will completely clear it up. I haven't noticed any side effects other than a minor headache. But like I said, I have only take 2 doses at the max."

Melanie Response May 18, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I have had a uti for about 2 weeks now.. The first week I was prescribed 100mg twice a day of macrobid which did absolutely nothing to my uti. I went in for a physical days after finishing macrobid and was told I still had a uti so I was put on 500 mg of cipro twice a day. Ever since getting on cipro I have had pain everywhere in my body. I now have pain in my leg and behind my knee, I have horrible pain on my right side of my shoulder and neck & I also have a sore feeling all over my chest area.. On top of that I feel as if something on my face is swollen? It does not appear swollen but I fell my tongue is a bit bigger and so are other parts of my face.. This is torture.. I can not wait to get off of this stuf.."

Stay away (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2016