User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin (Page 5)

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 3 reviews 69 medications

Prostatitis 34 reviews 48 medications

4.3
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 475 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Diverticulitis: "Taking Cipro made me almost sicker than the bout of pain. I couldn't function, slept most of every day. Developed thrush, heavily coated tongue. Staggering when walking, off balance at times, thinking process was not normal, crying jags for no reason. This drug in the class of quinolones causes CNS problems. I will never take another in that class. Diarrhea was continuing days after the 10 day course was done. Read Cipro can actually cause C. difficile and Immodium can aggravate that! It's been one month since I started the ten day course of Cipro and still having side effects of CNS."

M E P October 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed co-ciprofloxacin for a urintary tract infection. I took one pill and within a few hours Ii became beat red, all over my body, as if I had been sitting in the sun for hours, My face was scarlet and I was itchy all over and I was constantly scratching and appying creams, but to no avail. I have Lupus and MS and my joint pain is worse as a result of the drug. I have always had beautiful skin, peaches and cream complexion, and almost no wrinkles or lines in my face. After taking only one pill, I now have wrinkles and lines - it completely destroyed my skin. I also have balance issues, directly caused by the drug. I have a dizzyness in the morning when getting out of bed. I am going to talk to a lawyer."

Patricia L. October 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "Had a bladder infection for over 2 weeks before doctors found the tablets i was on were the wrong ones for my infection, as a UTI takes many forms. You must not drink milk or have anything dairy for 2 hours before hand and 2 hours after taking the tablet. If you drink coffee or tea you must drink the same amount in water afterwards. Not had any side effects following these rules to a T. Been told that I need to drink water after every coffee or tea I have now as it's pointing to me damaging my kidneys because there is blood in the urine, i must follow this for the rest of my life if i want to keep fit. I live in the UK. The test the hospital did on my urine sample, showed I was on the wrong treatment as it wouldn't kill that particular bacteria"

Wemmoss (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Kidney Infections: "I am taking this medicine for a bladder infection which I have quite often. it wasn't prescribed to me by my doctor who usually prescribes (Pinamox) which by the way gives me gives zero side effects. Straight away after I took the first dose which was 500mg I was feeling very dizzy and nauseous. I thought I could put up with that feeling but I'm now on day2, I could barely get out of bed from nausea in the morning but managed to get myself together but felt all day like I was about to collapse with severe joint pains and headache which got even worse. I went to bed but when I did it felt like I was literally drunk and kept vomiting all night. I won't take the next dose or ever take this medicine again as it feels like taking poison."

Betty_boop (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: "Took this for 4 weeks I'm 46 and regularly Do some form of excersise walking etc had no noticeable side effects and after doing some research combined milking of the Prostate , 1 or two times a day for about 1 week .. five months later and all good .have had no problems since I would recommend this medication"

David Ako October 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "I've given bad reviews on drugs with awful side effects but I must say this one worked very well for me . Had a very bad bladder/prostate infection with cloudy urine . Had a misdiagnosis so the infection actually festered for 4 months . Body temperature rose and chills set in two hours after taking the first dose . This lasted for 4 days as my body ( antibiotics ) fought the infection . By day 5 was feeling much better . By day 7 best I'd felt in many months . By day 10 urine was totally clear , no more pain , normal urine volume and totally back to normal . What a relief . Benefits far outweigh some minor side effects ( first day some minor dizziness , Little bit of " brain fog " first few days ) 500mg x 2 for 14 days ..................."

cazzilo (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Took Cipro for a sinus infection. Six days in I couldn't rotate my forearms. 3 years later, numerous doctors, two surgeries and my arms are practically useless. FDA black box warning on it people. Google the drug. Do not ever take, fluoroquinolones are poison. They were originally developed to give to soldiers exposed to Anthrax. And try to never take generic. US Supreme Court says if you do you are not allowed to sue the original drug manufacturer OR the generic company you used. This drug ruined my life."

Mike from NY October 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted: "For one.. do not listen to.all.of these people saying after 1 or 3 days they cant walk or remember what they had for breakfast because of 1 pill!! Everyone is different.I had Epidimytis but not do to sexual it was bacterial and after day 4 i was feeling much better.The only side effects i had were some muscle stiffness and jaw pain and a little stomach pain but for the most part not enough to cry over and was tolerable.The medicine does its job period.,why wait until you feel like shit to complain instead of reporting their bad effects quickly?"

Freakyfetepete October 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis: "This antibiotic worked wonders for my cough/bronchitis, after 4 days being on 250mg every 12 hours, my chest feels cleared and my cough is nearly gone. But, on the other hand I developed a severe sinus infection. I can barely breath through my nostrils and haven't been able to taste food for 4 days now. Even with over the counter decongestants I have had no relief. Netti pot nasal spray nothing is releaving the pain in my head. Time to quit cipro."

Laur4175 October 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prostatitis: "Before I explain my experience, I need to explain that I have a congenital defect in my feet termed "bilateral subtalar tarsal coalitions". Typically, I'm in pain my podiatrist equates to "walking on two broken ankles 24/7". After three days on Cipro for bacterial prostatitis, my extensor tendons, across the tops of my ankles became unusually inflamed and excruciatingly painful. Very literally, I couldn't walk for two days and had to rely on a cane to walk. Simultaneously, I had odd pains in my forearms. I was instructed to immediately stop taking the Cipro. Simply put, my urologist completely ignored the warnings and my lifelong battle with a disabling chronic foot disorder, and I'm never taking this medication again! It's just not worth i"

Zachatitis (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "I caught a urinary tract infection after being sick from stomach flu / virus and was prescribed cipro (500 m). After one pill in the evening, I became tired, went to bed and woke up anxious, depressed, restless, with loss of balance. I've had antibiotics (amoxacillin i think) once in the past, but never had anything like this kind of reaction. Waiting for a call from my doctor for a different medicine."

guest345 October 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Prostatitis: "Understanding how approximately 5-10% of Prostatis cases are bacterial related, I don't dismiss the appropriateness of prescribing this drug. However, Ciprofloxacin not only did nothing for me during my 30 days of usage, but also gave me a permanent sunburn and strep in an area of my body that antiboitics have had extreme difficulty in eradicating. I must warn of taking extreme precaution when using this drug; in my experience it was poison."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diverticulitis: "I was on metronidazole (flagyl) & ciprofloxacin for diverticulitis. Let me start off by saying these two medications together SUCK, however they DO work. I have never had any problems with medications...ever. (in 40 years) This time though, at times, I thought I was dying! Best described as the worst flu ever. Massive nausea, occasional vomiting, diarrhea, exhaustion, horrible taste in my mouth, nothing tasted good, and my appetite was bad. Day 4 was the peak of feeling awful. I went to every review sight trying to gather what worked to curb the symptoms. Everyone is different so what worked for others, didn't necessarily work for me. Here is what did work for me a bit, in case it can help anyone else. 1.) Try to not take them together. Split up the doses by like an hour or so. 2.) Take each dose with a little food, (even if you aren't hungry) something bland. DO NOT USE DAIRY PRODUCTS. This made my nausea worse! 3.) Have mints or candy at all times. Your mouth will feel gross and things will taste funny. However, I found spearmints also helped sooth the tummy a bit. 4.) Pepto-Bismol. 5.) Try not to take them immediately before bed at night. Give it about an hour or two. I noticed nausea will wake me up throughout the night if I take them to close to going to sleep. GOOD LUCK, and remember: Your doctor prescribed these for a reason. A reason that could turn into life threatening unless you get it controlled. The worst thing ever is to start taking an antibiotic and then stopping it mid-cycle as your body then becomes immune to it and is essentially ineffective."

AmyS1006 (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "I took Cipro having suffered a UTI from the Mirena Coil that wouldn't clear. As with all medications the side affects depending on the individual can be horrendous. I suffered swellings, hives, a horrendous red rash on both under arms that left my skin damaged. The next side affect was tendonitis in both my ankles that left me unable to walk. I was told that the tablet reacted to the sun Id factor 50 just sitting on the patio for a half an hour and got burned. A nightmare"

Morelanddylan (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Have "fibromyalgia" like me? . You've probably taken this poison or other floroquinalone antibiotics. I developed the same neurological symptoms on the 2016 FDA 2nd black box warning (they don't call it fibro though) and also have/had plantar fascitis and heel and joint pain. Debilitating problems started after my 3rd time taking Cipro NSAIDs (contraindicated!) after a surgery to prevent infection. Steady decline over a year then struck down with full on fibro which has been misery. Cipro kills good gut microbes that produce neurotransmitters like GABA which prevents muscle contraction and calms the CNS-helps sleep and pain. Thank God for Kefir and fermented foods, they are undoing the damage for me. Am better."

pklaB September 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Began taking this medicine when I was in pain for a strong UTI. This medicine has made me feel the worst I've ever felt in my life. Constantly throwing up, extremely high fever (104), dizzy, confused, blurred vision, chills, insomnia, and the most painful back, ribs, neck, and leg pain. As well, it makes you urinate less frequently and that put together with not being able to hold down water, how is this supposed to make me "better"? I have never been one who is sensitive to medication but due to the amount of dehydration and pain I've been caused I'm currently sitting in a hospital hooked up to an IV. I wouldn't suggest this medication to anyone, ever."

12katherin21 September 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Salmonella Gastroenteritis: "I had antibiotics before this but had infection so doc gave me this after speaking to the hospital please Stay away from this !!! I had worse experience ever , I was taking 2 a day on my 4th day it was hell I took one in the morning about 1pm ish I had this bad pain above my belly button like camps . Kept running to the loo on the second run I broke up in sweat , light headed , sickly feeling I felt like it was over for me . My mother had wet some cold towels and wrap me up to cool me down, I had pins and needles in my arms legs .I started cooling down And then the chills came On still running to loo and got to the point that I had take Imodium tablets to stop this which worked . Im still feeling cold and light headed ."

Sun26 September 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Cipro works well for me without incurring any noticeable negative side effects. Strangely though, I get many of the terrible side effects described by some here when taking levofloxacin - the insomnia, the crippling panic attacks, etc. It just goes to show, I suppose, how differently these meds affect different individuals."

her der September 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have ibs and many antibiotics cause terrible bowel issues like bloating and runs. I am also in a wheelchair - which makes it difficult to manage. in my recent memory I think cipro is my best tolerated antibio so far. I get uti 2-3 x a year and have ended up in an emergency room by ambulance which can be the worst part of a uti emergency for me. I now face another posible uti and need to consider my best options to treat it comfortably safely"

EuriskoLontano September 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bladder Infection: "I took Cipro for 5 days. It made me sick! I nausea, body aches, chills, diahrea, head aches, dizziness! My uti is gone. i took the last pill 2 days ago and the drug hasnt completely left my body yet! Im not taking cipro ever again!"

Renck September 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "I'm no stranger to antibiotics. I've taken many different kinds. I've had side effects to them all, but Cipro was absolutely the worst. I was prescribed 500 mg twice daily for a kidney infection (klebsiella). I could not get passed 3 days. My tendons and joints hurt so bad. I can barely walk as of this morning. I'm terrified it may be permanent. It worked against the infection, but destroyed my joints. Please, get a urine culture and see what antibiotics your bacteria will respond to and choose anything but Cipro or any other fluoroqinolones. These side effects can be permanent, or at least last a long time, maybe even a year!"

Michelleagain (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Sinusitis: "Ended up with hospital stay from Cipro... Years ago Mom ended up in the hospital in renal failure due to Cipro."

No taker September 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For : "Went to the dermatologist after a nasty looking rash popped up. Turns out I had Hot Tub Folliculitis. Taking the ciprofloxacin to get rid of it. Seen a massive improvement in just two days, but I'm not fond of the side effects. My sinuses drain, so I get nauseous. I sneeze more than normal. Nausea if taken on an empty stomach, and just overall malaise. Hopefully I won't be on it too much longer, but I have to say, it works really well."

HotTubFolliculitis September 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis: "Serious Sinus infections for years. Ciprodex drops in nose and oral Ciprofloxacin totally cured the problem. no side effects,,,,,I am totally ecstatic !!!!"

Ecstatic (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Infection Prophylaxis: "DO NOT USE THIS DRUG. I used it for post vasectomy infection prevention Horrible drug with crazy side effects. I can't believe that this is legal to prescribe except for emergencies. I only took 2 pills and 3 days later I still have aches and pains in joints all over my body. Joints are stiff and I have to walk slowly. Now I have to worry about a possible tendon rupture even months from now. I also have tinnitus (ringing in my ears) which is CONSTANT. After taking the very first pill I felt light-headed, out-of-it and almost passed out. I should never have taken the 2nd. This drug is insanely overpowered and should only be used if there is no alternative. It attacks your joints, tendons, muscles, digestive tract and nervous system."

Post Vasectomy Pain (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016