User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin (Page 5)

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Crohn's Disease 2 reviews 68 medications

Prostatitis 28 reviews 48 medications

4.3
Summary of Ciprofloxacin reviews 417 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had no side effects and it cleared up my infection well! Scary reviews can scare you but don't ever forget YOUR body is different than someone else's therefore drugs can effect you differently than someone else."

Anonymous June 8, 2016

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "It was awful. First dose made me itchy, second dose made my face feel swollen then I broke out in sores on my mouth. They had to put me on steroids and someone had to monitor my breathing overnight."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Kidney Infections: "I took Cipro for a UTI. Within 3 doses (1.5 days) I went from walking fine, to having severe pain in my left knee and having to limp. The pain got worse. Finally, I researched Cipro's side effects and found out that it can cause severe damage to tendons. I stopped the medication, but the damage was already done. A year later I had to have surgery to repair some of the damage. Since then I have read other horror cases like mine. Cipro seems to find a weak tendon and strike at it. I will never take this drug again."

Leasey (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was very nervous to take this because of the reviews, but my UTI symptoms were so bad I had to try, especially since I'm allergic to sulfa. The first 3 doses I had no side effects so I was very happy, but then the last 3 were not so good. Lots of stomach cramps and my fibromyalgia nerve pain (which had been dormant for 2+ months) came back worse than it had ever been, shooting pains in my hands and down my legs, my knee gave out when I was walking and I'm only 24 years old so it was very surprising to suddenly fall. The UTI symptoms are gone now though so I'm happy about that, I just hope the nerve pain goes away again."

cdmcweston (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I took ciprofloxacin 6 years ago and had foot and hand tendonitis within 5 months of taking it, now 6 years later tendons of my feet, legs, hands and arms have hardened and ruptured. Showing that this chemical does not leave your body once it has entered it!"

wabbit (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bladder Infection: "Within hours of taking the generic Cipro and AZO I felt much better. I was only having pain and urgency the morning before I went to doc. I'm on day 3 and the past two days I've been lethargic, groggy and bloated. First night had some anxiety but I think that's from reading the side effects before going to sleep (eeek). I have had some mood swings as well. Hopefully I only need to take it for 5 days instead of 7- waiting for my lab result of how severe the infection was- I hate taking antibiotics."

Hals (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Diverticulitis: "Whilst this may have worked well on the diverticulitis, the side effects were so awful. I used Cipro for 10 days in April, and was almost crippled with heel pain in my left foot, and big toe pain in my right foot. I had to put a box in my bed to keep the sheets off the foot, it was so painful. Once off the Cipro, my heel and toe pain slowly lessened, but I had a serious diverticulitis flare-up last week and they put me back on it in hospital. Despite telling the doctors about the heel pain (imagined, they said) they prescribed it to me when I went home. Then I started doing some research. Am now off the Cipro and will never take it again; just hoping the damage done to my tendons isn't permanent. Back on Augmentin."

Doogs (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Had a severe UTI but didn't start getting any symptoms until it was too late and became unbearable. My doctor prescribed 500mg twice a day of Ciprofloxacin. After the first pill symptoms went away. No more sudden urgency or burning or spasms in the groin. However after the third pill I took I experienced sever nausea and vomiting and started to become extremely drowsy. So far it's a great medicine overall it's just some of the minor side effects are a tad unbearable."

Meggie236 (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a UTI back in 2013 and took one dose of Cipro (250 MG) and within hours it started to clear up and by the following day the UTI was gone. I now have another UTI. I took 1 dose again of the 250 MG pill and after about 7-8 hours, I felt about 60% better. I just now took a 2nd dose. Hopefully this will completely clear it up. I haven't noticed any side effects other than a minor headache. But like I said, I have only take 2 doses at the max."

Melanie Response May 18, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I have had a uti for about 2 weeks now.. The first week I was prescribed 100mg twice a day of macrobid which did absolutely nothing to my uti. I went in for a physical days after finishing macrobid and was told I still had a uti so I was put on 500 mg of cipro twice a day. Ever since getting on cipro I have had pain everywhere in my body. I now have pain in my leg and behind my knee, I have horrible pain on my right side of my shoulder and neck & I also have a sore feeling all over my chest area.. On top of that I feel as if something on my face is swollen? It does not appear swollen but I fell my tongue is a bit bigger and so are other parts of my face.. This is torture.. I can not wait to get off of this stuf.."

Stay away (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Kept getting Cipro for UTI's. Would go away and resurface 6 weeks later . Then began the excruciating pain in legs and ankles, brain fog, a whole list of things going wrong. Do your research and only if you are on deaths door agree to take this poison . It may work at first but you are likely to pay months and years later. So not worth it!"

PKO May 14, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Horrible pain and Nerve damage in my feet after one pill. Couldn't walk normally for over a month and had to roll around in a chair. Turns out I didn't even have the UTI they prescribed it for, but the nerves will still get painful and make walking hard today, which is 6 years later. I wouldn't recommend taking this unless your infection is life threatening!"

Nerve Damage (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bladder Infection: "I was experiencing pain in my right kidney, It wasn't a sharp pain, but more of a dull achy pain that was just uncomfortable. It went away the next day but would come back every other day. I then started to feel the beginning stages of a UTI coming on so I correlated the 2 together. the dr. took a urine sample but results have not come back yet. She says she thinks I have a bladder infection spreading to my kidney so she prescribed me cipro. After looking it up I read cipro is good for UTI, kidney and bladder infections so it should work perfectly fine. After my second pill my UTI was cleared up (hallelujah), but after taking 3 days my pain in my kidney is more constant than ever and stays 24/7 now. I hope it goes away soon!"

Savannahp_ May 12, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Prostatitis: "Cipro is horrible poison and it has had a negative impact on my quality of life. I took 500mg 2x day for prostatitis. On day 5 I developed severe fatigue, brain fog, neuropathy, severe anxiety, and blurred vision. My prescription was for 10 days but I stopped taking it that day. A few days later I developed Achilles tendonitis and was unable to walk for 3 weeks. Recovery has been slow, challenging and expensive; one year later (almost to the day) I am still not recovered although I am better. I learned a painful and expensive lesson: I will never ever again in my life take a fluoroqinolone antibiotic or blindly trust the judgment of an allopathic physician. The not-so-silver lining is it did nothing for my prostatitis."

gman123 May 8, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Not effective treatment for bladder infection. Have been on this medication and have had very little improvement."

Sable123 May 8, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I went to the ER last night because of a pulled back muscle that occurred 2 weeks ago...the pain(lower back) was just unbearable! And when the pain also moved up to my kidney I thought "ok something is seriously wrong here...Turns out I had a pretty bad UTI that I didn't know about (NONE of the usual symptoms, pee flow regular, no spotting, etc.) 1st time ever being prescribed Cipro, 500mg 2x a day. Took 1st dose immediately after filling my script(10pm), second one 12hrs later(10am) by morning I had severe dry mouth after taking 2nd dose so I started drinking a Gatorade and immediately started vomiting, my kidney hurts more than it did before going to ER, headache since last night, and I'm only on day 1 :("

K.K. May 2, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Cipro (ciprofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: "been taking antibiotics for almost 3 month now, cipro for 6 weeks for an apparently antibiotic resistant infection. started on merropenem i.v. (dont know why if its antibiotic resistant) i think doctors do whatever they can with the knowledge they have been given by these companies. which most dont even now of the side effects and say dont believe everything you read on google. but i had diarrhea straight away after the first pill (500mg) i have also had tennis elbow. yet never played any tennis or golf.i have muscular pain in my shoulder and it felt like it popped out or something almost a week ago. and only now i re read the symptoms and the reviews i see others having this problem. i dont trust pharma companies i want to stop taking now"

ryan0 April 20, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Is the worst medication I have ever taken...After five days I couldn't remember what I had for breakfast...i was having difficulty with keeping track of money...I did not get nauseous...I felt like i had a cerebral lobotomy. I don't know if it cured the infection or not...as I had no outward symptoms to begin with and only a urine specimen detected the infection. I do have kidney disease so I am freaked not knowing if this antibiotic did the trick or not. It was if I had turned senile..."

bazily (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis: "Cipro gets a bad rap. It is the ONLY thing that knocked out my terrible sinus infection. I would take it again for sure. IT WORKS."

JaneMorgan April 13, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bladder Infection: "I've been on Ciprofloxcin for 3 days now for a urinary tract infection and I don't know what's worst...the pain from the actual infection or the horrible feeling this medication has given me. Every time I take it it gives me a headache, I feel drained and dizzy and give me this restless anxiety attack feeling. I hope that at the end of my 7 day cycle it will be worth it but so far I feel worst than better."

Cyndi27 April 6, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Test came back, had a UTI. Had one a month ago, so doctor thought it would be a good idea to put me on something else. Something stronger. It has been day two on Cipro, and I went from feeling fine to feeling like I have the flu. Lots of muscle aches, lots of dizziness, lots of nausea. I never read side effect labels on meds. So I look up Cirpo online, and lawd, this medication has a black box warning?! WTF?! I called my doc and told him this ain't going to cut it. Would very much like to get rid of an infection without having muscular, nerve, and who-knows-what-else for the rest of my life! Watch what you're putting in your bodies, folks."

abellesoleil March 30, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Prostatitis: "I started Cipro for a diagnosed Prostatitis that was even questionable as being bacterial. Most urologist don't do the massage and urinalysis to detect bacteria and then empirically "guess" that your problem is bacterial. I was given Cipro. Do your homework. 95% of all chronic prostatitis is NON-BACTERIAL. Regardless, two weeks of Cipro left me with a "sunburned" feeling face with dry eyes and lips. Both urologist consulted said they had never heard of such a side-effect but the internet is full of them and my allergist confirmed. I went on a Medrol dose pak that worked great for two days but symptoms returned as I weened off the product. It has taken two weeks for the symptoms to begin to improve. I was a very anxious time."

Notyouraveragenut (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bladder Infection: "I got a UTI and was prescribed Cipro because I am allergic to Sulfa drugs. It took care of the UTI quickly, but I can't wait to get off it. I have two days left. I feel achy, tired, have indigestion and had nightmares. I read the side effects and they are all on there. Also, I cannot take any of my other medications because of potential reactions. I don't have any other choices, but I don't feel well on this drug."

robi51 March 21, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Absolutely terrible! Felt like I was having a seizure, extreme dizziness, rapid heart beat, uncontrollable shaking."

MegL March 20, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Just causing nausea, I think people react differently and moaning it's toxic and cause life threatening symptoms is complete nonsense. People are just not suited for it."

boo12345 (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2016