Ciprofloxacin - can you crush Cipro 500 tablets and mix with food?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 5, 2021.
Although it is not ideal, you can crush ciprofloxacin, but only mix it in a small amount of food. If for some reason you don't finish the food you won't get the whole dose. It may not taste very good either.
You can ask for the suspension if you have trouble swallowing.
Related Medical Questions
- What types of infections does Cipro treat?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat a sinus infection?
- Can I use Cipro to treat a bacterial vaginitis infection?
- How long does ciprofloxacin stay in your system after taking your last tablet?
- How long does Cipro take to work?
- What antibiotics are used to treat UTI?