User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Ciprofloxacin Rating Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 211 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin to treat Sinusitis

"The only antibiotic that I think has completely gotten rid of my sinus infection! Finished 7 day course of two other antibiotics before being prescribed with this one. By the second dose the pain had significantly decreased. Side effects that I experienced: stomach ache (only on first 2 days), metallic taste in mouth (tolerable) and hunger pangs."

Random (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

"Tolerated very well. After reading other comments, I was very skeptical to try due to negative side effects. Made sure to drink plenty of water from day 1. No side effects and 1 day left of treatment."

Fiery (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2018

"This is the only antibiotic that works for my chronic sinusitis. I get infections often and they are horrible. I get anxiety & depression when I'm that sick. Cipro is the only antibiotic that doesn't make my stomach sick. This medicine is almost as hard to get now as narcotics. It's ridiculous! After the first dose there is improvement. If you were given this for a sinus infection don't be afraid of it. It's a great antibiotic with fewer side effects than all the others. It's kicking the heck out of a month long infection for me right now. I'm so happy. I was rock bottom a few days ago. Finally I'm getting better."

EyeHurtToo January 7, 2018

"Honestly when will people learn that all drugs have side effects but not everyone will suffer with adverse reactions. Yes this is a very strong antibiotic and because it is so strong it can cause some nasty side effects. I’ve used it for sinus infections as well as prostatitis. Slight upset stomach and nausea but compared to having a sinus infection and prostatitis I'd rather take the pill. Don’t let these scare stories put you off taking this med if your doctor has prescribed it. It works wonders."

JDB2017 November 26, 2017

"Please I beg you don't take this drug. I took it weeks ago and after a few pills had severe tingling in my chest and arm and then swelling in my hand and now I can hardly walk. I'm only 30 years old and was an athlete prior to this now I can't walk my dog. This is poison and needs to be taken off the market."

Canada1000 June 24, 2017

"Where do I begin? I took it for a sinus infection and not the recommended twice daily but only once per day because I couldn't tolerate it more than that. My face and body felt like it was on fire and my skin coloring was red like I was burning up on the outside & inside. I had nausea, diarrhea, ear and throat itching, mind alteration ( couldn't comprehend things like normal), skin puffiness/swelling, stomach pain, taste distortion, high pulse rate, dizziness, fatigue, weight gain, decrease in appetite, frequent burning urination, and even stuffier nose than when I started it. Now it is in my chest & in my nasal cavaties. I just want to feel better. This is awful!!!!"

Still sick Lisa (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2017

"Took first dose and started feeling better after 4 hours. Then my forearm began to ache. I read all of the side effects, do and don'ts. Drank 66 oz of water cut the dairy and out comes the mucus. Voice is back post nasal drip slowed tremendously. Day 2 diarrhea no pain though"

Shelus (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Took Cipro for a sinus infection. Six days in I couldn't rotate my forearms. 3 years later, numerous doctors, two surgeries and my arms are practically useless. FDA black box warning on it people. Google the drug. Do not ever take, fluoroquinolones are poison. They were originally developed to give to soldiers exposed to Anthrax. And try to never take generic. US Supreme Court says if you do you are not allowed to sue the original drug manufacturer OR the generic company you used. This drug ruined my life."

Mike from NY October 15, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Ended up with hospital stay from Cipro... Years ago Mom ended up in the hospital in renal failure due to Cipro."

No taker September 3, 2016

"Serious Sinus infections for years. Ciprodex drops in nose and oral Ciprofloxacin totally cured the problem. no side effects,,,,,I am totally ecstatic !!!!"

Ecstatic (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2016

"Cipro gets a bad rap. It is the ONLY thing that knocked out my terrible sinus infection. I would take it again for sure. IT WORKS."

JaneMorgan April 13, 2016

"This medicine has been everything that I had hoped for. I had a very bad sinus infection and a Kidney infection as well. And on the second day of taking Cipro 500mg twice a day....has been a Blessing for me.....I know I can't have any Dairy products for a week, but I rather get back to health."

Mzmarley Parks (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Blurred vision, medication did not help sinus issues."

Sinusitis Susie July 28, 2015

"Terrible problem with sinus issues and drainage for many, many years. This year, almost one infection per month on average. Resistant to most antibiotics according to ENT. My internist prescribed Cipro on a flareup (drainage, headache, green discharge). Tried this and on 2nd day, remarkable improvement. Also, achiness in joints, trouble sleeping next night, anxiousness. Cut back to one pill in morning, instead of prescribed two. Side affects are about 80% less and I do believe it is still very effective. Shortly after taking pill, it seems to make me want to cough phlegm like Mucinex D (phlegm almost non-existent after 3 days) and it gave me a unbelievable dry cough. Seems very effective medicine, but has very strong side effects."

karl10 June 7, 2015

"I took Cipro for a sinus infection along with bronchitis. It worked very well but I didn't like the fact that I had to avoid dairy and take my multivitamin at a small window of opportunity during the day. Cipro made me very tired and weak, also a little fuzzy. Plus side was I slept great at night and it cured my infections."

Xuytdjb (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2015

"I had a very bad sinus infection and was treated with Bactrim. That didn't work so my ENT prescribed Cipro. Yes, it's a strong drug but within 2 days I felt better. And let me tell you, I was very sick. I don't have any side effects yet, it's been four days (2x day). I want to recommend to folks who are looking at everyone's comments that most people who have had good experience with this drug don't post anything. So make your own decisions and don't be dissuaded from trying this drug."

Samantha1!!!! May 22, 2015

"Of all the available antibiotics, this one has the fewest side effects for me, and unless I have a MRSA infection in my sinus, the one that works the best. Allergic reactions can happen with any medicine, so make sure you know those signs. Itchy skin (hyper itchy), welts, short of breath, blue fingernails, etc."

Jackrorabbit (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2014

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "After taking just three pills I had diarrhea and nausea."

I had sinus and ear etc... September 27, 2013

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "With a combination of Cipro and some Mucinex my sinus problems were gone in 24 hours. I'm finishing the medicine and feeling great."

Anonymous February 1, 2012

"I was prescribed it this morning for sinus infection to be taken 100mg 2 times a day. After the second pill this evening my sinuses started clearing and I felt energized and amazed at how quickly it helped. I am afraid though it is going to affect my ability to get a good nights sleep and I have a small rash but not itchy. My worst worry is that I just had ankle surgery and currently having some problems with my Achilles tendon that my doctor is aware of. After researching the medication this evening I am almost afraid of taking it anymore. I have enough ankle problems as it is. Love how fast it works though...but side effects could be troublesome."

Shebalin November 8, 2011

"This medication made me nauseous everytime I took it, but I continued to take it . On the 7th day I became very ill. Chills, vomiting, hurting and I stayed in bed for 2 days except for going to the Instant Care. They said I had an allergic reaction. The doctor also gave me a 1-pill medication to prevent an yeast infection."

Anonymous July 30, 2010

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "I had sinusitis since I was in high school. My doctor prescribed me this, it took 2 weeks before it works. This medicine was great!"

lorina January 27, 2010