User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin to treat Bronchitis

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Cipro Cystitis Pack

Ciprofloxacin has an average rating of 5.5 out of 10 from a total of 19 ratings for the treatment of Bronchitis. 32% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 32% reported a negative effect.

Ciprofloxacin Rating Summary

5.5/10 average rating

Compare all 93 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2020

“In Dec 2020 I had a bad flu which affected my asthma really bad, I was in and out of the hospital I was then sent home with instructions to take Cipro along with prednisone for the first four days. I was very tired all the time and I slept most of the day . I lost 10 lbs in the first week because I lost my appetite. At night I would be very depressed and have lots of depressing dreams so I did not sleep at night also too experience the electric shocks in my leg. If I was asked will I take this drug again, yes I will. I went from constantly coughing and could hardly breath in just a few days. I could feel myself healing every day. While taking this medication you have to isolate your self and give your body that time to heal.”

Vik · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2019

“I had a bladder infection and the dr prescribed cipro because I was allergic to other drugs for that infection. In the meantime I had had a chronic cough that had started 8 months previously. I had seen 4 doctors, with no cure. Upper GI, CT scan sinus no cure. At the end of taking cipro for 7 days I noticed my cough was completely gone!!!! It was amazing and wonderful. It's now been 4 weeks since I've been off cipro and I noticed today that I had a slight cough this morning. I feel it's coming back. What could it be that cipro would cure the chronic cough for awhile??”

Hola hola · Taken for less than 1 month April 16, 2018

“This antibioctic destroyed my life. I was given it at 71 years of age, with cortizone injections at the same time, both contraindicated for my age. Side effects were, tendonopathy, ruptured tendon, chronic fatigue, balance gone, heart palpitations, peripheral neuropathy, and pain every day for three years to date. All this for a bout of bronchitis. I was wheelchair bound for two months. I have spent over £10, 000 trying to cure myself because there is no help from the medical profession. Doctors say we sufferers are rare. What's rare is Doctors connecting the dots as symptoms can appear weeks later after taking a fluroquinolone. Or you may not re act until it's taken a few times as it's cumulative. It's like playing Russian Roulette.”

Anonymous January 26, 2010

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): “Dangerous drug, associated with many side effects, even after you stop taking it. I took a similar one (a quinolone) and came out in a terrible rash. Had bad taste in mouth, and aches and pains. I also suffered hallucinations. All these reactions have been strongly associated with this group of antibiotics. Best avoided.”

nicolie February 8, 2014

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): “I have been taking Cipro for three days now. I'm a father of two girls. I have had to call off work for the past 2 days due to the tiredness and fatigue. The only good thing I can say is that my infection is getting better slowly. This is a very strong medicine for many uses. ”

MiMa March 10, 2018

“I originally began my treatment with Cipro on Monday due to a UTI. I have also been suffering with a severe cold and cough (possible bronchitis) but had not yet sought medical treatment for that. To my very pleasant surprise, Cipro has not only begun to clear my UTI, my coughing and chest congestion has also improved drastically. Who knew? I take my last doses tomorrow. Symptoms of both issues are completely gone. I have not experienced any side effects whatsoever. I highly recommend this. :)”

MFRANZ October 30, 2009

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): “There is an awful lot of things I have to take separately now and I usually always take my medicines with milk and that is a big adjustment. However it seems to be doing the trick but I have heartburn and a bad taste in my mouth all the time and I don't like that at all. I will be taking my last dose on Thursday.”

Manson123 July 5, 2017

“I will never take cipro again. I took my first dose and was fine. Then I took the second pill after dinner. I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst pain from my hip to my knees. I can't sit still just from the pain being so bad. I do not recommend this to anyone. My pharmacist said it usually only happens in very young children or closer to old age I'm 26 and this is the worst pain I have ever felt. DO NOT TAKE THIS!!!!!!”

Laur4175 October 9, 2016

“This antibiotic worked wonders for my cough/bronchitis, after 4 days being on 250mg every 12 hours, my chest feels cleared and my cough is nearly gone. But, on the other hand I developed a severe sinus infection. I can barely breath through my nostrils and haven't been able to taste food for 4 days now. Even with over the counter decongestants I have had no relief. Netti pot nasal spray nothing is releaving the pain in my head. Time to quit cipro.”

fiona007 October 28, 2015

“While I've used this med. in the past, it has been increasingly difficult each time. While it appears to help the bronchitis, I can't stay on it long enough anymore to get the benefit as the muscle pain (low back/legs/feet) is intolerable to the point that I have to take pain medication for my ongoing back pain issues to deal with the myalgia that the Cipro causes! For me, Cipro is no longer an option and I'm having to find another medicine to help with bronchitis. The tendonitis issue is something to watch out for as this last time, several days after stopping the Cipro, I got up from my chair and my feet buckled underneath me. I fell to the floor and twisted my ankle, so am wondering if the tendons were affected. Be careful with this!”

Women39years 68kg · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2018

“ciprofloxacin 500mg for respiratory infection. After 2 tablets (every 12h) I have experienced strong twitching during the sleep. So strong and frequent that it was waking me up a lot. I did not connect this to medicine side affects and has taken 3rd dose in due time. This has been followed by strong convulsion like twitching during sleep (never when awake), then followed by v.strong anxiety when awake. I couldn't stay still,my heartbeat was v.chaotic.I did not take next dose. Symptoms of respiratory infection were significantly reduced after 2 tablets (24hours) and almost gone after 3rd tablet(36h). I hope it will not comeback now.”

Anonymous October 27, 2009

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): “After 2 days on the Cipro, my cough is a lot better and will return to work today.”

minitruckerswife · Taken for less than 1 month April 8, 2015

“This is the ONLY medicine I would use. I get bronchitis alot and this is the only one that makes me better faster.”

jetzt · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2017

“I have taken Cipro many times over 40+ years with excellent results for chronic bronchitis when other antibiotics failed to work.. So far have not had any side effects.”

Anonymous May 13, 2011

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): “This is the only medication that works for me!”

Anonymous January 12, 2010

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): “It gives me heartburn and dizziness. Makes me feel off-center.”

Anonymous January 15, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): “Eliminated fever and sweating but still coughing and maintaining new mucous in sinuses after 4 days. Seems to be better for prostitis and oral ulcers.”

bobandchris October 21, 2013

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): “Pain in my leg and lightheaded but its helping.”

Li · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2018

“Cleared up the infection and the only side effect I experienced was nightmares.”

Dolly4 September 12, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): “Took it over three days, caused headaches but I continue to take it as I need it. If it does not get better, I may get another antibiotic.”

Sick Chick June 4, 2017

“Cipro did not help in healing bronchitis. Taking this med set me back 10 days. Wasted time for this type infection.”

Learn more about Bronchitis