User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Ciprofloxacin Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 24 medications used in the treatment of Diverticulitis.

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin to treat Diverticulitis

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Cipro was horrible. I have never had a reaction to an antibiotic before. Mentally disturbed head. It was very strange and made me panicky. Broke out in a rash on forearms and itchy tight chest. Read how awful this drug is. Thank goodness my reaction happened after a few doses and not a week or two. Flouriquinolones are poison for me. I never would have thought an antibiotic could be so harmful."

Sbrb (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2016

"I went to the doctor for simple gas pains. bladder was checked and bowels were checked. No blood was found. Was sent for an immediate bloodtest which showed signs of infection. was prescribed cipro and flagyl and was sent for barium for ct scan of the abdomen the next morning. The barium produced severe diarrhea but ct showed acute inflammation of the colon. I took the cipro and flagyl and was nauseated and had diarrhea for 7 days. I finished the flagyl but had 3 more days of cipro to go. On the 8th day the nausea and weakness was so bad along with back pain and joint pain. I couldn't take it any more, so I quit the cipro 2 days early. 24 hours later I resumed my multivitamins and simvistatin and had a little diarrhea but has stopped now."

starrynites (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

"Whilst this may have worked well on the diverticulitis, the side effects were so awful. I used Cipro for 10 days in April, and was almost crippled with heel pain in my left foot, and big toe pain in my right foot. I had to put a box in my bed to keep the sheets off the foot, it was so painful. Once off the Cipro, my heel and toe pain slowly lessened, but I had a serious diverticulitis flare-up last week and they put me back on it in hospital. Despite telling the doctors about the heel pain (imagined, they said) they prescribed it to me when I went home. Then I started doing some research. Am now off the Cipro and will never take it again; just hoping the damage done to my tendons isn't permanent. Back on Augmentin."

Doogs (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2016

"Was prescribed cipro 2x/day with Flagyl 3x/day and they seemed to work although not as quickly as other reviewers. Not sure if it was the cipro alone or the combination but nausea was the main symptom. I would be fine for a few hours after the Flagyl but within an hour of taking the cipro I would have to lay down due to nausea and exhaustion. Still taking it and counting the days. Hopefully will not have an occasion to use this again."

Gardengirl67 June 20, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Cleared up but terrible taste in mouth...but better than alternative."

wawah pain February 16, 2013

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "By day 6 Cipro was helping with the symptoms but I started having blurred vision. Day 7 vision even more blurred and had a headache and pain behind right eye. Doctor took me off Cipro and put me on Doxycycline."

Anonymous February 28, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Kills diverticulitis quick for me, typically by the 3rd or 4th dose."

hellotheremate December 20, 2011

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Last year, when I had my first diverticulitis attack (a bad one), I was put on Cipro and Flagyl. Condition did clear up although I was left with a nasty case of Thrush. This time only on Cipro - don't find the one medicine alone very effective. I'm nearing the end of my prescription (10 days of 2 per day) and still having some pain and nausea. Will see my doctor next week."

Anonymous August 12, 2011

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Have used once or twice a year for last 10 years and start to have relief within 24 hours with symptoms usually gone by day three. I take two a day after first tinge of pain (you know what I am talking about) and continue for one week minimum or two days more than symptoms persist. Makes me a little fatigued and I start to get diarrhea after about 4 days but it is worth it."

mature March 16, 2010

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Nausea after 3rd day. Some disorientation-dizziness on 6th day Nervousness-shakiness after 4 days. DOES KILL the bacteria well, though."

Anonymouos December 14, 2009

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Joint pain in elbow."

Anonymous November 22, 2009

"While the medication did work, as soon as the medication was stopped the diverticulitis came back."

JOHNBOY 6 May 8, 2009