User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin to treat Pneumonia

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro XR, Cipro Cystitis Pack Cipro I.V.

Anonymous December 21, 2019

“I have received this drug ciprofloxacin to treat pneumonia. It was not until 5 days were up that my temperature returned to normal. In addition the side effects were close to unbearable. Nausea and vomiting until Day 4 when received anti nausea drug used to ease chemotherapy. Excruciating all body muscle pain needing double doses of extra strength Tylenol. I also felt very depressed . Other drugs previously prescribed produced the same results without these side effects. I intend to avoid this drug I future.”

nyzki · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2018

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): “I was put on a course of cipro to treat bacterial pneumonia. I have COPD so frequent lung infections are common. I am currently taking 500mg two times a day for two weeks. I have completed one week already. I am not liking the side affects of the antibiotic at all. I was told that this is the only antibiotic that will treat my infection. However; I have also been experiencing severe pounding headaches & tremors. I am not buying that this is the only antibiotic to treat my pneumonia. This is a very dangerous drug that can cause you a lot of problems. As listed in the side affects it can cause you to have tremors & headaches. It can also cause muscle & tendon damage by detaching your tendons & muscles. My advice stay away from this drug it is highly toxic . Find another less toxic antibiotic to treat your infections. Thanks”

Mr.Skeptical · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 4, 2018

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): “I was given this medication for Pneumonia (extended period of time). I was severely agitated, very anxious, and had difficulty sleeping. After discharge from the Hospital, I was given Oral RX for home use. The symptoms stated above worsened and new symptoms began. I also take Klonopin. After much research, I found Cipro binds to GABA receptors causing displacement of the Klonopin (both bind to GABA). This caused Benzo Withdrawal Syndrome, which obviously put me in dire straits. I reported this to the FDA. It appears they are aware of this problem. Please be careful using these two medications together and research as more data is available now supporting these major interactions. Hopeful Black-box warnings will soon follow.”