User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Ciprofloxacin Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 94 medications used in the treatment of Bladder Infection.

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin to treat Bladder Infection

"Great stuff. And for those who have had issues with it...guess what..your system is different than mine. That's all. So don't go telling folks it sucks. A Tesla won't run on gasoline, but that doesn't mean gasoline doesn't work."

Jesse is me June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Would never take this drug again as I have lost the hearing in my "good" ear after the 3rd dose. Will I recover my hearing as at the moment my consultant now classes me as profoundly deaf."

Bobthebooter May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My 3rd day on cipro without hardly any effect. I'm in pain 24/7 like a period. Ready to consult a doctor again. I was in the ER the 6th of May. Still lots of pain. Plus I have stomach issues. No appetite. My entire abdominal area hurts. Nausea."

JRose63 (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Burning sensation when I pee meant a trip to the Dr. The doctor prescribed Cipro 500mg twice daily for one week. Cleared up the problem quickly."

Anon9696 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed cipro after the first antibiotic didn't completely work for a UTI. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DRUG!!!! POISON PLEASE GOOGLE what has happened to people who have taken this horrible drug that the FDA finally gave it a black box warning. I have pain in my hips, shoulders and arms b/c of this drug"

suzi be gone April 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Have an acute UTI which comes on very very quickly, so have to go to A & E, for intravenous anti biotics. This is the 3rd infection in 3 months but the hospital keep prescribing Ciprofloxacin 500 mgs, fine for a short while, but the infection starts again, with lots of blood in my urine. I experience dizziness, nausea and some pain. This time, along with the Cipro, I've been prescribed Naproxen. Have an appointment with a urologist soon and hoping he will prescribe something different and that works. My life is on hold at the moment and totally fed up"

Hovis2 April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Bladder / body infection. Groin swelling and abdominal pain. Prescribed two weeks dosage which cleared symptoms. Ok for one after. Then infection came back. This time same symptoms but now spread to kidney pain also causing lower back pain Re-prescribed further dosage, this time for 4 weeks. Further checks to be done, i.e. Scan & blood test booked. Meanwhile within two weeks, all symptoms now gone again 100%. But carrying on to complete dosage for further two weeks. Final diagnosis likely cause originated from UTI -Urinary tract Infection. I consider this medicine to be suitable but deems to be only of a Mild strength. There were No side effects. And I am generally always very fit never getting any illness's apart from common colds."

Man47 April 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"End result of two C-sections and a hysterectomy is susceptibility to bladder infections after drinking too much coffee, caffeine or after sex. So I've tried many different remedies, one of which is taking Cipro. The antibiotic works to clear the infection BUT, the horrible yeast infections are unfathomable! I'd rather take more of another antibiotic than deal with the yeast infection which lingers for weeks. Now I have to get an anti fungal to clear up the itching, burning and discharge associated with taking the Cipro. Ugh!"

Tired of side effect April 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"On holiday in Florida (from Canada) and got UTI after many years with no problems. Cipro was prescribed and although it has helped, the side effects are almost unbearable! My joints ache, I'm dizzy and nauseous, can't get to sleep and had terrible abdominal and vaginal pain. Also you can't have dairy or any vitamins 2 hours before to 4 hours after taking the meds. If this had been my family doctor instead of the doctor's PA at the walk-in clinic I'd certainly give him an earful!! I'm only half way through the course of meds (required a full 10 days) and will make note of this medicine so that I will NEVER take it again!"

snowbird7751 March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm taking Novo Cipro for a bladder/kidney infection. I have to take 1 pill, twice a day, 12 hours apart. I think it's working because when I went to the hospital and got diagnosed I could barely walk. 5 days later, I'm fully upright again. & I think I can thank the Cipro & my hot water bag for that! However, there are so many side effects. When I'm not keeling over from the pain from my bladder infection, the abdominal pains set in. I also have a terrible cramp/swelling in my left wrist & arm. The first 3-4 days on this medication, I was exhausted. I could not stay awake for the life of me. My back was hurting, my whole body felt sore. I had a fever, cold sweats at night & migraines!! Terrible migraines!!"

Eliiii December 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Prescribed 7 day treatment for UTI, (2x/day), of Ciprofloxacin 500mg, two months after 6 week course of BCG infusions for bladder cancer. Only took 11 pills then stopped because of warnings of possible side effects. Then about two weeks after that, started to have pains in right side around right kidney area. Now this week my left side kidney area is aching. Dr. is out of town 'til Monday the 28th of Nov."

Gliderbill November 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"8 years ago I had a UTI so bad the 1st round of antibiotics didnt work & that became apparent when blood in my urine was visible to me at home & still in a world of pain. Fortunately they took a culture my 1st visit to discover the bacteria I had would not be killed by what was perscribed....no duh! So they gave me Cipro & within an hour I felt relief. Fast forward 8 years, same situation but exasperated by too much sirracha (chilli sauce), I woke up with pains of a bad UTI. Ran to the doc, I had been drinking too much water for them to detect leukocytes & nitrates but detected blood and sent the culture to the lab. She prophylacticly perscribed Cipro & UTI was gone. I noticed little side effects, maybe some light headedness & tireness but thats about it."

Uti no more.... (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had a lot of bladder infections years ago from pregnancies but haven't had one in 4/5 years. The few days ago noticed the symptoms, went to the doc and he prescribed me this. I've always been prescribed amoxacilin and it's worked great. This time he prescribed this because of my history. Took my 1st pill today and within 30 mins started to feel faint, weak and outer body experience. I was at home by myself with my 8 month old baby so I immediately got in the car, drove to the local hospital which is conveniently only 5 mins away and sat in the parking lot. Started to feel better but still not 100%. Called a nurse I know who said i'll be fine but get a diff prescription. I'm going to try taking half for my 2ND dose or else i'll stop"

Crystal from Canada (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had a bladder infection for over 2 weeks before doctors found the tablets i was on were the wrong ones for my infection, as a UTI takes many forms. You must not drink milk or have anything dairy for 2 hours before hand and 2 hours after taking the tablet. If you drink coffee or tea you must drink the same amount in water afterwards. Not had any side effects following these rules to a T. Been told that I need to drink water after every coffee or tea I have now as it's pointing to me damaging my kidneys because there is blood in the urine, i must follow this for the rest of my life if i want to keep fit. I live in the UK. The test the hospital did on my urine sample, showed I was on the wrong treatment as it wouldn't kill that particular bacteria"

Wemmoss (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've given bad reviews on drugs with awful side effects but I must say this one worked very well for me . Had a very bad bladder/prostate infection with cloudy urine . Had a misdiagnosis so the infection actually festered for 4 months . Body temperature rose and chills set in two hours after taking the first dose . This lasted for 4 days as my body ( antibiotics ) fought the infection . By day 5 was feeling much better . By day 7 best I'd felt in many months . By day 10 urine was totally clear , no more pain , normal urine volume and totally back to normal . What a relief . Benefits far outweigh some minor side effects ( first day some minor dizziness , Little bit of " brain fog " first few days ) 500mg x 2 for 14 days ..................."

cazzilo (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I caught a urinary tract infection after being sick from stomach flu / virus and was prescribed cipro (500 m). After one pill in the evening, I became tired, went to bed and woke up anxious, depressed, restless, with loss of balance. I've had antibiotics (amoxacillin i think) once in the past, but never had anything like this kind of reaction. Waiting for a call from my doctor for a different medicine."

guest345 October 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took Cipro for 5 days. It made me sick! I nausea, body aches, chills, diahrea, head aches, dizziness! My uti is gone. i took the last pill 2 days ago and the drug hasnt completely left my body yet! Im not taking cipro ever again!"

Renck September 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "I took Cipro for only three days for a bladder infection. I was left with ankle/tendon pain and diahrrea for three months. I had no clue what was happening to me. Turns out lots have had the same reaction to this class of antibiotic."

Anonymous July 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Within hours of taking the generic Cipro and AZO I felt much better. I was only having pain and urgency the morning before I went to doc. I'm on day 3 and the past two days I've been lethargic, groggy and bloated. First night had some anxiety but I think that's from reading the side effects before going to sleep (eeek). I have had some mood swings as well. Hopefully I only need to take it for 5 days instead of 7- waiting for my lab result of how severe the infection was- I hate taking antibiotics."

Hals (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was experiencing pain in my right kidney, It wasn't a sharp pain, but more of a dull achy pain that was just uncomfortable. It went away the next day but would come back every other day. I then started to feel the beginning stages of a UTI coming on so I correlated the 2 together. the dr. took a urine sample but results have not come back yet. She says she thinks I have a bladder infection spreading to my kidney so she prescribed me cipro. After looking it up I read cipro is good for UTI, kidney and bladder infections so it should work perfectly fine. After my second pill my UTI was cleared up (hallelujah), but after taking 3 days my pain in my kidney is more constant than ever and stays 24/7 now. I hope it goes away soon!"

Savannahp_ May 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Ciprofloxcin for 3 days now for a urinary tract infection and I don't know what's worst...the pain from the actual infection or the horrible feeling this medication has given me. Every time I take it it gives me a headache, I feel drained and dizzy and give me this restless anxiety attack feeling. I hope that at the end of my 7 day cycle it will be worth it but so far I feel worst than better."

Cyndi27 April 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I got a UTI and was prescribed Cipro because I am allergic to Sulfa drugs. It took care of the UTI quickly, but I can't wait to get off it. I have two days left. I feel achy, tired, have indigestion and had nightmares. I read the side effects and they are all on there. Also, I cannot take any of my other medications because of potential reactions. I don't have any other choices, but I don't feel well on this drug."

robi51 March 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have taken this medication several times for UTI'S and it works great! No side effects at all! I am on it now for a bladder infection! and I have had reieif within the first couple of hours. It's great"

Trais Gorl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"2nd pill of 500mg bad side effects - I am Canadian - tingling in thumb - lips numb - eyes stinging - brain fog - neck.throat area weird feeling - like to touch it feels like you're not touching it with your hand - this drug is obviously POISON - a definite neurotoxin and should not be available for any ones consumption!!!!"

C-A-L (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Call me crazy but I think it worked after only one day. Only mild bloating/gas as a side effect. I'll finish it as prescribed but - seriously, it's fine. I took it with full meals and it worked like a charm!"

TropicAnna (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2016