User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Ciprofloxacin Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 89 medications used in the treatment of Bladder Infection.

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin to treat Bladder Infection

"I'm taking Novo Cipro for a bladder/kidney infection. I have to take 1 pill, twice a day, 12 hours apart. I think it's working because when I went to the hospital and got diagnosed I could barely walk. 5 days later, I'm fully upright again. & I think I can thank the Cipro & my hot water bag for that! However, there are so many side effects. When I'm not keeling over from the pain from my bladder infection, the abdominal pains set in. I also have a terrible cramp/swelling in my left wrist & arm. The first 3-4 days on this medication, I was exhausted. I could not stay awake for the life of me. My back was hurting, my whole body felt sore. I had a fever, cold sweats at night & migraines!! Terrible migraines!!"

Eliiii December 20, 2016

"Prescribed 7 day treatment for UTI, (2x/day), of Ciprofloxacin 500mg, two months after 6 week course of BCG infusions for bladder cancer. Only took 11 pills then stopped because of warnings of possible side effects. Then about two weeks after that, started to have pains in right side around right kidney area. Now this week my left side kidney area is aching. Dr. is out of town 'til Monday the 28th of Nov."

Gliderbill November 27, 2016

"8 years ago I had a UTI so bad the 1st round of antibiotics didnt work & that became apparent when blood in my urine was visible to me at home & still in a world of pain. Fortunately they took a culture my 1st visit to discover the bacteria I had would not be killed by what was perscribed....no duh! So they gave me Cipro & within an hour I felt relief. Fast forward 8 years, same situation but exasperated by too much sirracha (chilli sauce), I woke up with pains of a bad UTI. Ran to the doc, I had been drinking too much water for them to detect leukocytes & nitrates but detected blood and sent the culture to the lab. She prophylacticly perscribed Cipro & UTI was gone. I noticed little side effects, maybe some light headedness & tireness but thats about it."

Uti no more.... (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2016

"I have had a lot of bladder infections years ago from pregnancies but haven't had one in 4/5 years. The few days ago noticed the symptoms, went to the doc and he prescribed me this. I've always been prescribed amoxacilin and it's worked great. This time he prescribed this because of my history. Took my 1st pill today and within 30 mins started to feel faint, weak and outer body experience. I was at home by myself with my 8 month old baby so I immediately got in the car, drove to the local hospital which is conveniently only 5 mins away and sat in the parking lot. Started to feel better but still not 100%. Called a nurse I know who said i'll be fine but get a diff prescription. I'm going to try taking half for my 2ND dose or else i'll stop"

Crystal from Canada (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2016

"Had a bladder infection for over 2 weeks before doctors found the tablets i was on were the wrong ones for my infection, as a UTI takes many forms. You must not drink milk or have anything dairy for 2 hours before hand and 2 hours after taking the tablet. If you drink coffee or tea you must drink the same amount in water afterwards. Not had any side effects following these rules to a T. Been told that I need to drink water after every coffee or tea I have now as it's pointing to me damaging my kidneys because there is blood in the urine, i must follow this for the rest of my life if i want to keep fit. I live in the UK. The test the hospital did on my urine sample, showed I was on the wrong treatment as it wouldn't kill that particular bacteria"

Wemmoss (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2016

"I've given bad reviews on drugs with awful side effects but I must say this one worked very well for me . Had a very bad bladder/prostate infection with cloudy urine . Had a misdiagnosis so the infection actually festered for 4 months . Body temperature rose and chills set in two hours after taking the first dose . This lasted for 4 days as my body ( antibiotics ) fought the infection . By day 5 was feeling much better . By day 7 best I'd felt in many months . By day 10 urine was totally clear , no more pain , normal urine volume and totally back to normal . What a relief . Benefits far outweigh some minor side effects ( first day some minor dizziness , Little bit of " brain fog " first few days ) 500mg x 2 for 14 days ..................."

cazzilo (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2016

"I caught a urinary tract infection after being sick from stomach flu / virus and was prescribed cipro (500 m). After one pill in the evening, I became tired, went to bed and woke up anxious, depressed, restless, with loss of balance. I've had antibiotics (amoxacillin i think) once in the past, but never had anything like this kind of reaction. Waiting for a call from my doctor for a different medicine."

guest345 October 6, 2016

"I took Cipro for 5 days. It made me sick! I nausea, body aches, chills, diahrea, head aches, dizziness! My uti is gone. i took the last pill 2 days ago and the drug hasnt completely left my body yet! Im not taking cipro ever again!"

Renck September 10, 2016

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "I took Cipro for only three days for a bladder infection. I was left with ankle/tendon pain and diahrrea for three months. I had no clue what was happening to me. Turns out lots have had the same reaction to this class of antibiotic."

Anonymous July 14, 2016

"Within hours of taking the generic Cipro and AZO I felt much better. I was only having pain and urgency the morning before I went to doc. I'm on day 3 and the past two days I've been lethargic, groggy and bloated. First night had some anxiety but I think that's from reading the side effects before going to sleep (eeek). I have had some mood swings as well. Hopefully I only need to take it for 5 days instead of 7- waiting for my lab result of how severe the infection was- I hate taking antibiotics."

Hals (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2016

"I was experiencing pain in my right kidney, It wasn't a sharp pain, but more of a dull achy pain that was just uncomfortable. It went away the next day but would come back every other day. I then started to feel the beginning stages of a UTI coming on so I correlated the 2 together. the dr. took a urine sample but results have not come back yet. She says she thinks I have a bladder infection spreading to my kidney so she prescribed me cipro. After looking it up I read cipro is good for UTI, kidney and bladder infections so it should work perfectly fine. After my second pill my UTI was cleared up (hallelujah), but after taking 3 days my pain in my kidney is more constant than ever and stays 24/7 now. I hope it goes away soon!"

Savannahp_ May 12, 2016

"I've been on Ciprofloxcin for 3 days now for a urinary tract infection and I don't know what's worst...the pain from the actual infection or the horrible feeling this medication has given me. Every time I take it it gives me a headache, I feel drained and dizzy and give me this restless anxiety attack feeling. I hope that at the end of my 7 day cycle it will be worth it but so far I feel worst than better."

Cyndi27 April 6, 2016

"I got a UTI and was prescribed Cipro because I am allergic to Sulfa drugs. It took care of the UTI quickly, but I can't wait to get off it. I have two days left. I feel achy, tired, have indigestion and had nightmares. I read the side effects and they are all on there. Also, I cannot take any of my other medications because of potential reactions. I don't have any other choices, but I don't feel well on this drug."

robi51 March 21, 2016

"I have taken this medication several times for UTI'S and it works great! No side effects at all! I am on it now for a bladder infection! and I have had reieif within the first couple of hours. It's great"

Trais Gorl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2016

"2nd pill of 500mg bad side effects - I am Canadian - tingling in thumb - lips numb - eyes stinging - brain fog - neck.throat area weird feeling - like to touch it feels like you're not touching it with your hand - this drug is obviously POISON - a definite neurotoxin and should not be available for any ones consumption!!!!"

C-A-L (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2016

"Call me crazy but I think it worked after only one day. Only mild bloating/gas as a side effect. I'll finish it as prescribed but - seriously, it's fine. I took it with full meals and it worked like a charm!"

TropicAnna (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2016

"I loved this Medication! It helped honestly within maybe a day or so, downfall I got a yeast infection from it but I've gotten em before on antibiotics so I wasn't too surprised or shocked but other than that this Medication worked fine, I used it for bladder infection plus I had to use it before a kidney stone procedure as well ! Love it !"

HolMR (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

"I had to go to the doctor yesterday with urgency, I was diagnosed with a Urinary track infection, and vaginosis all the same time, and probably herpes as well, I haven't rated this yet because I just started the treatment. I have to take them every 12 hours for 7 days. I really hope it relieves by tomorrow, this is the worst pain ever, I wouldn't desire this to anyone. It is the living hell unfortunately. I can't even walk straight because of how bad it is. I've been crying like never before. The only way I noticed it hurts less to pee for me is when you are in the shower inclined forward. Like I said hopefully tomorrow the itching and burning goes away!"

Ellebana (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2015

"I am not sure after 10 days (as instructed) that the UTi is completely gone. But I do not want to take any more of this med as I have had sore shoulders and hips as well as mood swings during treatment. I have Lupus and I feel that to continue cipro would be dangerous for me"

ELL F November 9, 2015

"Best med ever for bladder infections. I thought I'd never leave the house but after the first dose I felt better in 4 hours. After the 2nd dose I feel almost back to normal. I've taken this med a LOT in my life with no side effects. Take it with food and plenty of water if you can."

Panikki (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2015

"didn't seem to really help all that much"

strawberry47 September 30, 2015

"Use D-Mannose... I was prone to lots of bladdef/Urinary tract infections after taking cipro. I found google post on D-Mannose and it worked great. I used it in powder for and it looks and tastes like powder sugar. Take a teaspoon mixed in water daily and you will NEVER have another infection.. Read up on it and on ciprofloxacin and don't ever take it."

ciprofloxician (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2015

"Ohhhhh where do I start! Well, I had the bladder infection for 3 days prior to going to the doctors. He prescribed me with cipro and the infection stayed the same. I gained many other side affects to this antibiotic to add to the wonderful pain and discomfort I was already in... nausea, diarrhea, headaches, and sharp stomach pains. Not impressed for I paid a whopping amount of 30 dollars! Not satisfied!!"

SensMomma (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2015

"If I could rate this drug lower then 1 I would. Last year my mother went to a local hospital to be treated for a routine bladder infection. A clearly untrained nurse gave my mother this drug, and she took 1 pill that afternoon. Within 45 minutes she had collapsed and had gone in to anaphylactic shock. The drug caused a chain reaction in her blood and she suffered total kidney failure. She spent 3 weeks in an intensive care unit, on the brink of death. Her whole body swelled with edema from around 76kgs to over 120kgs in the time she was in hospital, she couldn't move and had to be fed intravenously. Luckily she recovered and left hospital 4 weeks later."

Bobby L (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Second day into a 7 day cycle ...within the first 15 to 20 minutes ciprofloxacin gives me phantom sensations like flea bites..nothing major it goes away shortly after. The blood is clearing up in my urine but still a mild pain in my right flank. Hopefully this stuff gets rid of the bacteria for good. Feels like it is..other than a sour stomach it seems to be working"

nevermind boy June 17, 2015