User Reviews for Amoxicillin / clavulanate

Also known as: Amoclan, Augmentin, Augmentin ES-600, Augmentin XR

Reviews for Amoxicillin/clavulanate to treat Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "After two years of very helpful regiments of xifaxin my insurance will no longer cover it. My gastro wants me to take augmentin, back to square one. She must have forgotten that before the xifaxin I took augmentin and my symptoms would worsen with higher levels of bacteria that would spread. No No No!"

Sadder December 26, 2017

"first day, I feel a strong stomach/interstine pain. But I will try to keep it going. I haven t found an answer for years. After doing Hydrogen Breathing Test the GI doctor recommend try this drug. Let see."

Ivanman (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2017

"I was prescribed Amox Clave 850 mg for Bronchitis. I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Diarrhea. After just a day or two of the medication my diarrhea was gone, totally! I know this is probably a temporary fix, but its been 3 weeks and I still feel fantastic. My Doctor was surprised as Amox Clave usually has the opposite effect on patients but not for me, MIRACLE! I have done all of the traditional suggestions, Fod Map Diet, Lactose and Gluten free but nothing has worked like this medication."

SO CAL LK January 13, 2015

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "This medicine was given as an alternative to Xifaxan because my insurance won't cover Xifaxan. My Doctor says there is a 60% chance it will work. I am on Day 5 of 10 and have seen no results as of yet with no relief of my symptoms. Side effects the first couple of days were brutal, I think my body has begun to adjust now."

Anonymous February 16, 2011