User Reviews for Amoxicillin / clavulanate

Also known as: Amoclan, Augmentin, Augmentin ES-600, Augmentin XR

Learn more about Amoxicillin/clavulanate.

Amoxicillin/clavulanate Rating Summary

5.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 242 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Amoxicillin/clavulanate to treat Sinusitis

"I was prescribed this for 10 days for an ear infection, my first 2 days I just felt nauseous but I ate a heavy meal and noticed that did help BUT for the past 3 days I've been having severe headaches and I still have 5 days to go. I think I'm going to stop the medicine it's not worth the pain! My ear does feel better though!"

Freespiriting (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I couldn't even keep it down. I experienced nausea and vomiting so my doctor changed medications. There is no way I could ever use Amox Clav. I was on it only one day and it was one of the worse days of my life."

Kate13100 April 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Prescribed an 8-day prescription of Augmentin and I would not recommend this poison to anyone else, EVER. I wake up every day with a headache like my head is in a vice and stomach cramps that rival the pain of the sinus infection I went in for in the first place. And yes, I eat yogurt and take extra probiotics. My heart beats like a horses hooves on a racetrack and keeps me up far past any respectable time to go to sleep. I don't feel like myself at all, I'm telling you so you can run far away from this treacherous toxic substance."

Stonecoldsteveaustin April 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Medication very effective for sinus infection, some doctors recommend Omeprazole for the GI effects, it reduce highly stomach pain."

Hillman1 April 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Ear infection, sinusitis -10 days of this horrible pain in my stomach, sweaty palms, feet, chest pain. Urgent care had me drink...lidocaine with maalox to kill the stomach pain. I thought I had a virus again....Dr said if it don't stop hurting in a few days I needed to go to a upper GI specialist. This pain and other side effects are not worth it"

Nobueno April 10, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Right after the first dose, I experienced the worst stomach cramps, gas, bloating...all the way into my chest. It seemed to help my sinus infection, but nothing is worth that type of pain. I couldn't keep food down, I don't have issues with acid reflux, until I started taking augmentin. I tried one more dose, before I quit and I went to my regular doctor, and he agreed that this stuff is harsh on your stomach, and changed to different antibiotic. I tried drinking a lot of water, yogurt, and I increased my intake of probiotics, but so far nothing is helping. I am hoping this horrid feeling will go away eventually."

Mimi59 (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "I stopped taking mine this morning, with five doses remaining.The day I began the augmentin, I experienced shortness of breath. I chalked that up to being sick. The next day of taking them, I noticed the insomnia. It was 3:30 a.m. and I thought it was 9 p.m. I was wide awake. Morning before last, I woke to find something that felt like pork fat sitting in my jaw. I pulled it out. The entire inside of my inner left cheek had peeled off and bled like mad. It is healing but eating is miserable. The final straw was, at the time my cheek peeled, I started having a left side facial tic and extreme tenderness beneath my jaw bone on that side. I WON'T be taking this again."

Jegra4355 March 17, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was on amox clav 875/125 for 8 weeks as my ENT ordered. Here I am two month later with the same sinusitis still."

Germangirl88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started taking this on Feb 28 2017, after a day I started hving mild diarrhea and then came stomach pains. Oh it hurts so much! Feels like your stomach acids are eating away at your guts! So this morning I decided not to take anymore remaining antibiotics until I talk to my doctor about a different antibiotic. Not only did I have these few problems I also felt fatigued all day for the last 2 days while on this. Everyone is different so for me this does not work. I still feel congested even after a few days of taking this!"

Guam chic March 4, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"When I take amoxicillin I get a strange kind of a symptom. When I wake up in the morning I feel as if I am wearing socks, when I am not! On the second morning I feel I am wearing long socks upto my knees.!! No swelling but feels like water retention!! Or may be something else!!"

NeetaR February 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have had a bad ear infection and sinus problem for 6 months. Sneezing attacks. Went to my Dr and he prescribed me this medicine, I've been on it 3 days and already I feel relief, no sneezing, I can actually breath through my nose again, ear seems to be less drainage. Only downfall is I am nauseous. So I eat something and take zofran/ generic. It helps for a few hours but I have to take it and eat continually so I don't vomit. I weigh the odds " stay sick" or " tough it out" at least a week to ten days and get well."

Tigcaree55 February 27, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"February 16th 2017, had nasal polyp's removed, Amox- Clav 875-125 MG was prescribed by my Dr. after surgery. I'm personally allergic to a lot. I know some medicines have ingredients I'm allergic to, this may be the reason I responded so poorly to this medicine, after taking this antibiotic, I had an severe allergic reaction. Red splotches started from my face, neck, back, arms, and continued on my thighs, legs and feet. My legs and feet became swollen. The red splotches began to merge together to become a big red spread instead of splotches. I considered going to the ER, however, I had benadryl and decided to take the benadryl first, after an hour, the symptoms started to subside. Four hours later I took another benadryl. Had to discontinue"

Lil Debbie (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"RUN FROM THIS MED!! I was fine on it at first but now it has caused headaches, severe diarrhea, tiredness and vomiting. If I would have known its side effects before in was prescribed it i would have never started taking it. I had to leave work nearly because I was so ill from it. Do not take this med. Its horrible"

Ggredh She e (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Don't take this pills its different for everyone but if you start having chest pain after just taking 3 pills stop taking immediately"

Just a woman February 1, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Started this 4 days ago and feels like its getting worse instead of better :( extremely stuffed up and headache! Will not be taking another dose "

Tired sick mama January 23, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Augmentin XR (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Killed the sinus infection in about a day. I have had chronic sinusitis for 15 years, and this is my go-to medicine."

usatrooper (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Pro: Got relief from bad sinus infection within one day Cons: Supremely hard on my stomach and energy level. If I was not nauseous, I had severe stomach pains and chest dagger like pangs. Also had the sweats. And yes all this even after taking probiotics and with food."

UmaGo (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "I found this to be a safe and effective drug. I have chronic sinusitis. A 20 day course puts the sinusitis in remission. I also have small intestine bacterial overgrowth. While I was prescribed the medication for sinusitis, I found a spectacular improvement in my acute and chronic small intestinal bacterial overgrowth."

sinusitis/small intestines (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 16, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Horrible, horrible experience. I'm a healthy (no pre existing conditions, exercises regularly, maintains healthy diet) female in my mid 30s. Rarely take meds, especially antibiotics, so when I do they usually work well. I was a little nervous to take augmentin because the dose was so strong, but the doc was adamant because I had a very severe sinus infection. By the third dose my whole body was reacting. No relief from the sinus congestion, horrible headache, very anxious/nervous, nightmares, night sweats, zero appetite, insomnia, blurred vision, horrible horrible yeast infection (I have never had a yeast infection in my entire life). Called the doc hysterically crying and was told to stop taking it immediately. Stay far away!!"

JennsReviews January 12, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been taking Amoxicillin Clav 875 for only 2 days now and already starting to feel better. No other issues as of yet."

Jonscott63 January 9, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "This drug was the worse. I'm still recovering. Starting taking this on 12/28 for SI. I take daily probiotics and increased them since I expected some stomach upset. At first not so bad but by Friday 12/30. The yeast infection from hell reared its ugly head. I had Diflucan on stand by just in case and took it 12/31 and stopped Augmentin altogether Nothing and normally it's hours when I feel relief. I had to get Monistat 1 on New Years to help fight it. Just got relief as of 1/4. Digestive still not normal. Never again. Unless my life depends on it."

TeePooler January 7, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Day 3 out of 10 on this medication and the whole time I feel nausea my heart feels like it's going to pop out of my chest and I feel like I can't breath properly what a nightmare"

ILizz (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The doctor was hesitant to prescibe an antibiotic, since Kaiser is against them unless you are knocking on deaths door. But after suffering pounding headaches for a month, terrible mucous in the back of my throat and finally shortness of breath, the doctor agreed to prescribe Augmentin for sinusitis. I had an earache, constant violent sneezing, exhaustion and head congestion that was only continuing to worsen. After TWO pills, I felt lIke I'd been reborn. I did wake up at 2 am with the worst heartburn of my life, though, and chewed at least 15 Tums, took 2 Pepcid Ac with milk, and still my guts were on fire. Take this medication with food, and probiotics at intervals."

Anonymous January 6, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I don't like taking medication, u get a bit 25 to 30 pills & I won't take them all because I hat taking pills, they cause other problems 4 me , like a yeast infection, so then you have to medication for that. #1 medicine that I would rate a #10....is a zpak!!! Knocks sinus out in 5 day!"

A.p. (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Augmentin (amoxicillin / clavulanate): "Started a 10 day regimen 3 days ago for a sinus infection but stopped today. Terrible GI reaction with diarrhea. Also now having restless legs at night."

Sarah223 December 31, 2016