User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Azithromycin Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 210 medications used in the treatment of Pneumonia.

Reviews for Azithromycin to treat Pneumonia

"Today is my last day to be on the pack 250ml pill. I was very skeptic about this, but it seemed to have worked. I was diagnosed by an urgent care Dr. for common cold upper respiratory infection so was prescribed the medication. On my third day I was still congested and it was difficult coughing up phlegm, called an on line medical Dr. and recommended taking MucinexDm or RobutussinDm and it helped. I did get better the day after taking the zpack . Side effects were vomiting on the first day, slight abdominal pain, and slight loss of appetite."

AndreaCurrie (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2016

Zithromax (azithromycin): "Pneumonia Finished Zpack today Still don't feel any better Cipro also did not work What next? Its been 6 weeks now"

Rainyday superstar (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

"Had a 3 week sinus infection and flu before developing atypical pneumonia. Was prescribed azithromycin 500mg 1st day and 250mg for the next 4 days. Also RX'd cough syrup that had codeine in it and an inhaler. It's last day of the antibiotics and I'm feeling a lot better. The heaviness in my chest is still there and my shortness of breath is still hanging around but I can finally breathe without coughing. My doctor wants to see me again in a few days if the shortness of breath doesn't get significantly better. I also have very minor asthma though so I'm thinking that's just what's gotten worse. Definitely recommend azithromycin for pneumonia!"

YogiBearTheGSDsMom (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2016

"I have a lung condition and have had pneumonia 15 times in the past 8_9 years even though this medication kills my apitite and makes me feel sick i can honestly say its my saving grace. I'm alway on Zithromax for 10 days and I take Septra 3 times a week year round."

kate R.S January 8, 2016

"After what started out as "hay fever" and quickly escalated into a head cold, then severe lung infection including shortness of breath and the inability to expel the phlegm I went to urgent care. They prescribed azithromycin (500 mg followed by 4 doses of 250 mg) it took 3 days before I started to feel relief. I was feeling very sceptical until I got up this morning With only one more day worth of the medicine I can honestly say I think this stuff is great."

mike in Milwaukee (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2015

"Woke on a Monday, with a cough & shortness of breath. Got worse through the week. Went to a Urgent Care & after being tested for the Flu, they agreed with me that I had Pneumonia. 3rd time I have had it in 15 years (I'm lucky like that). They gave me a shot & put me on 250 mg for 5 days. On day 4 still out of work, with coughing & shortness of breath. Meds, tore up my stomach & caused pain towards the right side. Eat some yogurt before taking, helps some. Either I worse then I thought or it's taken this med longer then I expected to get me back on my feet. Also caused caused some headaches. Good luck to others taking & hope it helps you to feel better."

Winter Blues (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2015

"Was given a three-day dose of 500mg. Felt better within 12 hours"

Pneumonia (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2013

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin): "I developed pneumonia after being treated in the hospital for an anaphylactic allergic response. Within a few days my oxygen was down to 92%. I was almost hospitalized, but begged the doc to let me stay out as it was 5 days until Christmas. I was prescribed a 5 day Z-Pak (Azithromycin). Today is day 3, I'm finally starting to feel better. Only side effect so far have been slightly loose stools, and a rapid pulse. (I'm 35 and otherwise healthy) I find I got stomach pains within an hour of taking it, so today I ate before I took it and that helped."

Willoetree (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2012

"I'm 14 and I ALMOST got 'walking pneumonia'. I had all the symptoms, but it was all slowly developing. I'm now taking azithromycin, its my 2nd day. I just get dizzy but not to often. I still have a heavy feeling in my chest, but its slowly going away. I'm sure (or hope) to be better in no time. Thank you antibiotics!"

Angelica love March 23, 2012

"I developed pneumonia (two areas on each lung) after a very long cold and flu of 7 weeks (No insurance and prefer not to take drugs). Finally went to County Urgent Care and 8.5 hrs, had a diagnosis and prescriptions. Feeling a bit better lung and coughing wise, but today, all day, I have had diarrhea and the resultant pain and burning. Since I have one more day of the Z-pak, I will soldier on and if it continues, then back to urgent care. TO THOSE WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED STOMACH DISCOMFORT, THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY" TAKE WITH FOOD". Hope this helps."

Anonymous January 26, 2012

Zithromax (azithromycin): "This is the only antibiotic that actually works!!"

Anonymous September 5, 2011

Zithromax (azithromycin): "Worked great. No side effects!"

Pat621 January 18, 2011