Can you drink alcohol with Z-Pak (Azithromycin)?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Apr 30, 2019.
There are no known interactions between Azithromycin (Zithromax Z-Pak) and alcohol so you could take a glass or two if you wanted to.
In general, drinking any amount of alcohol while fighting an infection may not be wise, as it can lead to dehydration, interrupt normal sleep, and may hinder the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
Related Medical Questions
- What antibiotics kill Covid-19 (coronavirus)?
- How long does azithromycin stay in your system after you finish taking it?
- Azithromycin to cure chlamydia: How much and how long?
- What are the best antibiotics for pneumonia?
- What antibiotics are used to treat chlamydia and gonorrhea?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat strep throat?
- Was azithromycin in my system long enough to treat chlamydia after throwing up?
- Zithromax Z-Pak Information for Consumers
- Zithromax Z-Pak Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Zithromax Z-Pak (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Zithromax Z-Pak (16 questions, 11 members)