Can you drink alcohol with Z-Pak (Azithromycin)?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 20, 2023.
There are no known interactions between Azithromycin (Zithromax Z-Pak) and alcohol so you could take a glass or two if you wanted to.
In general, drinking any amount of alcohol while fighting an infection may not be wise, as it can lead to dehydration, interrupt normal sleep, and may hinder the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
Related medical questions
- What are the best antibiotics for a tooth infection?
- What antibiotics kill Covid-19 (coronavirus)?
- How long does azithromycin stay in your system?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat strep throat?
- Does azithromycin cure chlamydia: How much / how long?
- What are the best antibiotics for pneumonia?
- What antibiotics are used to treat chlamydia and gonorrhea?
- Was azithromycin in my system long enough to treat chlamydia after throwing up?
- Zithromax Z-Pak - can Tums (antacids) be taken with Z-Pak?
- Azithromycin - Can I drink a glass of wine at night if I have taken the medicine in the day?
- Azithromycin - can you cut the pill in half?