Azithromycin - Can I drink a glass of wine at night if I have taken the medicine in the day?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 20, 2023.
I have been prescribed azithromycin and I'm wondering if it's OK to drink alcohol occasionally?
There are no known interactions between Azithromycin (Zithromax Z-Pak) and alcohol so you could take a glass or two if you wanted to.
In general, drinking any amount of alcohol while fighting an infection may not be wise, as it can lead to dehydration, interrupt normal sleep, and may hinder the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
Related medical questions
- Can you drink alcohol with amoxicillin?
- Can you drink wine while taking penicillin VK 500mg tablets?
- What are the best antibiotics for a tooth infection?
- What antibiotics kill Covid-19 (coronavirus)?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat strep throat?
- How long does azithromycin stay in your system?
- Does azithromycin cure chlamydia: How much / how long?
- What are the best antibiotics for pneumonia?
- What antibiotics are used to treat chlamydia and gonorrhea?
- Can you drink alcohol with Z-Pak (Azithromycin)?
- Was azithromycin in my system long enough to treat chlamydia after throwing up?