Azithromycin - Can I drink a glass of wine at night if I have taken the medicine in the day?
I have been prescribed azithromycin and I'm wondering if it's OK to drink alcohol occasionally?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Apr 30, 2019.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
There are no known interactions between Azithromycin (Zithromax Z-Pak) and alcohol so you could take a glass or two if you wanted to.
In general, drinking any amount of alcohol while fighting an infection may not be wise, as it can lead to dehydration, interrupt normal sleep, and may hinder the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
Related Medical Questions
- Can you drink wine while taking penicillin VK 500mg tablets?
- Can you drink alcohol with antibiotics (amoxicillin)?
- Can you drink alcohol with Z-Pak?
- Zithromax Z-Pak - can Tums (antacids) be taken with Z-Pak?
- Azithromycin - can you cut the pill in half?
- Taking azithromycin for chlamydia, how long to clear infection?
- Is azithromycin OK for men with chlamydia?