User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Azithromycin Rating Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 108 medications used in the treatment of Otitis Media.

Reviews for Azithromycin to treat Otitis Media

"Received this as an alternative to other anti biotics because of my ibs and how bad they normally wreck my stomach. First about 16 hours went along very smoothly as I took the 2 250 mg doses and immediately went down hill. I liked mom stop for over an hour. The very next morning I stayed home from work, took another pill at about 8:30 am, and did alright thru the day until about midnight when I woke up to stomach gurgling and severe nausea/headache"

Skwillz (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

"Almost week with major ear infection, went to see Doctor on a promise to "Wife" (I'm a Man, I deal with it - last time I had an ear infection when I was a teen). Taking 1 Card x 6 Tablets,250mg Tab., Azithromycin. I was alittle leery of product because it was made in India (oversight by FDA?). Overall, only draw back first day had diarrhea, the meds did the job. Felt much better after finishing treatment."

TheGander2015 (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2016

"I am allergic to penicillin so Zithromax is the alternative before getting into the heavy stuff like Cipro and Levaquin. I have been taking Zithromax for years and always get relief around day 3. The loose stools are normal, it means Zithromax is working and the bacteria is being flushed out of your system."

Johnnylakis (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

Zithromax (azithromycin): "Woke up due to severe vertigo. Diagnosis of Otitis Media (at 43? Haven't had an ear infection since I was 13). Doctor prescribed a Z-Pak (Azithromycin 500mg Day 1, 250mg days 2-5). The vertigo decreased by Day 3, but never completely subsided. 2nd morning after finishing the Z-pak, the vertigo was back in full force, and my ear started to ache. Azithromycin didn't kill the infection."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2015

"Yes, it got rid of my ear infection after the generic was prescribed at a CVS Minute Clinic. HOWEVER (BIG however), I ended up getting strep. My GP said that the generic does not have as long a 1/2 life as the brand name. So, the 5-day dose (which is supposed to stay in your system for up to 10 days) does not last long enough. As a result, you can either end up with the original infection coming back, or make yourself susceptible to a second infection. So now I had to go on Cipro for 10 days to get rid of the strep! This is the kind of thing that produces super bugs--thank you, insurance cos., corner-cutting pharma cos. and especially the FDA for approving substandard generics!"

Cyndi07 February 11, 2015

"Had inner ear infection. Felt like a ball pen hammer hitting my head on day 1. Broke fever before day 2 and felt awesome. Best medicine on earth."

Jordan R October 5, 2014

"Had ear infections and this antibiotic worked quickly and efficently. I also found this antibiotic to be easy on the stomach."

Coyote ole Man January 24, 2012

Zithromax (azithromycin): "After my son had the croup for three weeks and spent ten days on Augmentin and fighting with a two year old to administer it twice a day, he developed a severe sinus infection. The physician prescribed liquid Zithromax that had to be given once per day and only for five days and did not need to be refrigerated which was great since we were traveling and best of all it got rid of the croup and the sinus infection very fast - it's a winner."

Anonymous September 2, 2009

Zithromax (azithromycin): "Worked fast"

Anonymous October 31, 2008

Zithromax (azithromycin): "this medicine absolutely did not help. have bronchitis and inner ear infection and the zpak did not help at all."

sugarsmom April 1, 2008

Zithromax (azithromycin): "Had strep throat and double ear infection including one ruptured ear drum. Was so sick, but after 24 hours on Z-Pak, major turn-around with 80% recovery within 48 hours. Much faster and more effective than Amoxicillin or similar."

Anonymous February 26, 2008