User Reviews for Azithromycin

Also known as: Azithromycin Dose Pack, Z-Pak, Zithromax, Zmax

Learn more about Azithromycin.

Azithromycin Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 132 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Azithromycin to treat Bronchitis

"worst flu I have ever had that turned into Bronchitis. Doctor prescribed this - two tabs first day and then 1 a day for four days. On my third day and incredible difference - no more scary cough. I had no side effects, but it sounds like some people do."

strob January 7, 2017

"I was prescribed this 6-pack medicine to treat the flu and acute bronchitis. I felt much better a day after the first dose of 2 tablets. I experienced no side effects. It did the job beautifully!"

Jamie K (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2017

"I took it for acute bronchitis, it worked in getting me heathy.. but after I would take the medicine I would get horrific migraines. They would start about an hr or so after taking it and would have me suck in bed. We'll look to other antibiotics in the future."

Redqueen93 (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2016

"Starting taking for cough and chest congestion, day 1 real good, some stomach cramps could NOT sleep...day 2 some stomach cramps could NOT sleep, day 3 stomach cramps AGAIN COULD NOT SLEEP, glad i got a doctors note for work cause its 3 days and NO sleep...good for the cough but so bad for the restlessness and constant vigor !!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Mollysue (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2016

"I was diagnosed with chronic Bronchitis at the age of 32, when I catch a cold and it won't clear up it turns into Bronchitis about 90% of the time. I am now 57 and take the Z pack when I have flare ups, never have I had a relapse, usually by the second dose I am on the mend. The most amazing drug ever, Thankyou"

Roller Bear (taken for 10 years or more) December 2, 2016

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin): "This medicine helped me. Felt better after day 2."

Christy381978 (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2016

"I am writing this review to bring to attention to the health community at large that the length of prescription of Azithromycin needs to be re-investigated by proper medical research. The 5 day protocol has been effective only while I've been on the antibiotics for 2 cases of broncitis and 1 of lobar pneumonia that I have had, but shortly after the protocol has ended, on 3 occasions now I have experienced a relapse of symptoms, and a need to go onto another antibiotic. During my present bronchitis episode, yesterday I finallyconvinced a doctor to agree to put me on a 10 day regimen, and I am hoping this will be effective in eliminating my current bronchitis with out recurrence. Most other antibiotics suggest 7-10 day protocols."

Concerned Doctor November 19, 2016

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin): "My doctor gave this dose pack have chronic bronchitis it help very little went to doctor again gave me the same thing I had this bronchitis for a month it's a little better but not gone now call doctor again third time got a office tomorrow this dose pack is junk send it back to India"

little charlie October 24, 2016

"If you have ashtma and start to feel bronchitis coming on, get zpack and prednisone. That is a magical combo for ashtmatic bronchitis. The antibiotics are usually only needed for those of us with lung disease or where bronchitis still lingers after a week."

BrianBgb October 1, 2016

"It's a great medicine but the side effects is as bad as the illness. Muscle ache, diarrhea and insomnia. All of this by day 3. However my chest feels a lot better."

SlimSix (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2016

"I went to the emergency room to be treated for a very bad cold or flu and was diagnosed for bronchitis and prescribed the 5 day z pack. I took one the 1st day,got worser, had to be rushed back to the emergency, and then was told my lungs had swollen (Lung Inflammation).I could barely breath and was hospitalized for two weeks. I never had a problem with my lungs before taking the 5 day z pack.Im still suffering with lung problems at times but cant be treated anymore because i no longer have a job which means for me no insurance, but the fact is the 5 day z pack is more of a danger to your health than help."

Nite July 24, 2016

Zithromax (azithromycin): "The z pak cleared up my bronchitis right away. However it almost instantly caused symptoms of gastritis and pancreatis that made me very ill for five months. I could eat very little but was rapidly losing weight. My doctor found low liver and kidney enzymes and suggested futher tests. A endoscopy, colonoscopy, ultrasound, several lab tests and $1700 later there was no diagnosis but after five months i gradually got better. The next winter I got another cold that turned into bronchitis and was again prescribed a z-pak. Almost immediately the same symptoms occurred and I was just as sick for another 5 months. This time the connection was clear - Z-PAK."

7020erh June 4, 2016

"I only have a 6/10 here because I'm on the second day of the dosing. I found this page by googling Azithromycin and bronchitis. It's giving me hope. I still have a fever, but ibuprofen helps that. Lots of fatigue, but if you can't get a good breath in you're going to be tired! Coughing is less, which is good, and lungs aren't as soggy as they were. I did experiences some stomach discomfort, but if you take an antibiotic on an empty stomach, that can definitely happen. All in all, I'm happy with this. I just hope it takes away my bronchitis!! I want to run again without getting dizzy."

Coughy McHackface-Itis (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2016

Zithromax (azithromycin): "I was coughing up brownish yellow mucous with a deep cough.After a breathing treatment and 2-3 days of zithromax I was clear without any residual effects."

Keifofer (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2016

"I went to the ER this morning because I had a bad cough with chest pains. I was told I had bronchitis and was given two pills at the hospital. It's been about 1 hour and a half and my stomach is cramping horribly with severe diarrhea. I will NOT be taking the remainder if this medicine. Honey and lemon for me."

Jenny1977 May 16, 2016

Zithromax (azithromycin): "A LOT of trouble with stomach issues; diarrhea, stomach pains & MAJOR STOMACH DISCOMFORT !!!!"

Doritz April 29, 2016

"I get bronchitis very easily during high pollen seasons. It starts with normal to me allergy and asthma symptoms. I go to sleep and wake up--BOOM! I have bronchitis. This happened last Friday. When I woke up about 10:00 I was running a fever and coughing terribly. Fever went up to 105.2. It scared me. Over the weekend I fought the fever the best I could. I was in Dr.s office by 8:00 on Monday. I haven't seen a big improvement in anything except my fever is gone. I'm on day 3 of z pack and prednisone. Still coughing outrageously. Now it feels like I have a head cold also. I sneezed about a hundred times last night. I will see how I feel on last day of z pack but so far it hasn't done what I had hoped it would."

DebbieintheDraft (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2016

"Started with a cold, then the flu, then bronchitis and finally sinus infection- never felt so bad... deep wheezing and coughing up horrible stuff as well as same with nose- hate to take ANYTHING but didn't want to end up in hospital. By day 3- big difference and on day 5- felt great. The only thing that bothered me was day 6 now have vertigo- went back to the DR, said fluid in ears so hoping that goes away soon. Otherwise I read about the tummy ache so ate a bunch throughout the course and never got nausea or otherwise but do feel bloated!"

LovesLife<3 March 27, 2016

"I'm on day 4, feel on and off with Z-Pack. First day, 2 pills, couldn't sleep, coughed my brains out..messed my panties, decided to wear a maxipad........green phlegm....told myself to hang in...sensitive eyes, and feeling wired..was so tired, I just wanted to sleep.......crying a lot again..... Day 3...1 pill....restless night, heart palpitations, watch TV cause i couldn't fall asleep....Cried at everything...like tears pouring out of my eyes I'm obese and do you think I'm not eating? I'm hungry...I'm on Warfarin, suppose to be compatible with Azith////beginning to feel the good ole 10 day Antibiotic regimen is better...Went back to my Doctor, yesterday...and will today also.."

nancy with the laughing face, (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2016

"I have been getting bronchitis almost every year for the last 11 years. The Zpack is what I was given this time and 9 months ago. For this round I just my day 3 doseage. I started feeling somewhat better yesterday, however I think I overdid it at work. I completely lost my breath and started coughing horribly again to where I had to go outside and sit down for close to 10 minutes to calm everything down and be able to breath. Overall I feel like it is working as long as I take it easy...the only side effects I have had is I'm exhausted no matter how much sleep I get."

Beans mommy March 9, 2016

"GAS like you wouldn't even believe. I'm actually afraid to leave the house! I felt it working right after I took the first two pill. Cautiously optimistic, still 4 days to go."

Sick In ATL (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2016

"Took 2 pills on day 1 at 8pm. I didn't fall asleep until after 4am, and woke up at 620am. Started to feel better after day 3, then all of my symptoms came back. The frequency of symptoms were less, but the severity was more. Still have 2 more days left. Only side effect is not being able to sleep. Like at all."

nickname already in use March 7, 2016

"Takes care of the symptoms quickly. The first day feels like a sledgehammer to your chest. No side effects."

G3 (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2016

"z packs never get rid of the problem. I start to feel better and when the pills are done issue comes back full force an I end up feeling even worse. I don't have this issue with any other antibiotic. I have asked not to be prescribed it anymore."

Anonymous March 3, 2016

Zithromax (azithromycin): "Used a number of times over the years and always found it to work better than anything. 250mg capsules (6), 2 to begin then 1 per day, 1 hour before, or 2hours after eating. Lots of coughing up phlegm but clears the chest so can breath properly. Keep lots of tissues handy. It ought to be available over the counter, as in some foreign countries."

old man 79 February 29, 2016