User Reviews for Azithromycin to treat Bronchitis

Also known as: Azithromycin 3 Day Dose Pack, Azithromycin 5 Day Dose Pack, Zithromax, Zithromax TRI-PAK, Zithromax Z-Pak, Zmax, Zithromax IV

Azithromycin Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 114 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Azithromycin

"I was diagnosed with bronchitis yesterday after suffering a horrible painful cough and congestion for 2 days, the Doctors did X-ray's and said there's slight pneumonia but mainly bronchitis so have prescribed azithromycin. I have been in pain, my body aches, my chest feels so bruised from all of the coughing. For my azithromycin it is day one they said to take 2 pills, well so far I feel no better but have 4 days left to go. I hope I can pull through this as I start a new job Monday. I'm just so weak and in pain. Hopefully I will be better soon."

Manda (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2019

"Zithromax was an excellent antibiotic. The generic, azythromycin, is useless. It has been given to me and my kids. The respiratory condition did not improve in all three cases. I ask my doctor for Augmentin or its generic. This one seems to still work well."

Henry (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2019

"Started with cold/flu, no feve,r lots of cough. Could not sleep. I let it go too long before seeing Dr Feeling terrible. Xrays reveal acute bronchitis. Got a Zpac 250 mg. Two first day and rest for five days. On my fourth day and thankful for the inventor(s) of this medicine. I feel great again and have energy back. Returning to work tomorrow. No real inconvenient side effects. It started to work on day one. My only complaint is that I did not go see a DR earlier. Next time I will listen to the wife who was insisting I go DR. Waited too long. Waited a couple of weeks. This medicine really worked for me..cough almost gone!! Sleeping comfortably again!"

VQ (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2019

Zithromax (azithromycin): "I took a total of two doses: two caplets day one and one caplet on day two. That night I had horrible night sweats that soaked through two sets of pyjamas. My heart was racing and I had a metallic taste in my mouth. Stopped taking it. My bronchitis has been going away without it and finally one week after I stopped taking it I'm no longer sweating, bad taste is gone and my heart rate is back to normal."

Samantha (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2019

"I was prescribed 500mg for 3 days plus 20mg of prednisone for 3 days for severe bronchitis, sinus infection and fluid behind my ears. I was also prescribed albuterol inhaler and I still have severe cough and sound worse than I did when I went into the drs office. I have no bowel movements and now only have inhaler to help with breathing. Still coughing like crazy and blowing my nose. I'm very tired probably have to go back to dr and miss another day or 2 of work. I'm feeling miserable."

Penny (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2019

"(Background: Generally healthy 25 y/o female) I was given a 5 day Z pack for untreated Bronchitis/early stages of Pneumonia. The first day with the 500mg mega dose was very rough on my stomach. I am on day 3 now though and it is absolutely worth it. Besides little to no appetite, days 2 and 3 (250 mg dose each) haven’t given me side effects and I feel 90% better already!! I am also someone who doesn’t respond to many antibiotics so to find one that works is very exciting."

CONative (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2018

"I have acute bronchitis and today I got this drug, seeing all these comments saying it's successful gets me really happy that my bronchitis will go away. Today I took this drug and I felt 50% better, I really want my bronchitis to go away, I really do cuz I have a whole big life ahead of me"

Emerald December 4, 2018

"I was suffering with bronchitis for 8 days. I started on this drug and was feeling better within a day. I had no side effects except for slightly soft stools. I highly recommend it."

marie (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2018

"My experience is based only on the first day of taking this drug. It said to take 2 the first day and like others have already mentioned and just like it says in the side effects, I had 2 bowel movements of diarrhea within hours of taking it. It wasn't terrible but I drive for a limo company so I cannot continue with this prescription. I cannot afford to have a "got to get to the bathroom immediately" moment when I have a client in the car. Good thing this only cost me $5."

ssorkram (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2018

"I had bronchitis and a sinus infection. This cleared my sinus infection in two days and I'm on my last day of antibiotics and my cough is almost gone too. No more coughing up green. I tend to get the rarest, most horrible of side effects from medicines but not too bad with this. I'll say its a very potent antibiotic with universal uses. When I took it on an empty stomach, I experienced slight upset stomach. On a full stomach, no issues. I did experience loose stools with foul smell. I 100% would take it again for these issues. Benefits outweigh the slightly annoying side effect for a handful of days."

Leeluh (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

Zithromax (azithromycin): "Diagnosed with bronchitis on Friday, started the zpack and I've taken them to the end and still very sick after an entire week! I realized I needed to be seen when I woke up this morning with terrible chest pains especially when I breath. I went to urgent care this morning and the doctor said that I was the second patient he had that took z pack and had no effect. I am disappointed to say the least! Now I am on a different antibiotic. If I could give zero stars I would"

Mimi (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

"I've nearly finished a course of this for a chest infection. Apart from feeling tired I experienced none of the other symptoms people listed here on their reviews."

AISLING (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin): "I am allergic to amoxicillin so the only thing that I get prescribed is the z-pack! I like it that the dose pack is pre-dosed for you!! Within a few days I feel better! I usually get the lower dose! So by day 5! I feel 85%. I like it when it stays in my system even after taking the last dose!"

rseuffert83 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2018

"Thought I had a cold which turned into hacking cough with burning lungs and very itchy throat. Waited for 4 days. Tried hot salt water gargles and hot steam. Made me feel better but the burning lungs and scratchy itchy throat did not go away. I could not sleep and had to wake up to drink hot tea at night. I gave in and took a course three 500mg pills of Azithromycin. After taking the first one at night I felt better by the next morning. I slept for 12 hours. No more scratchy throat and burning lungs. Still coughing up phlegm. Hurts when I cough still. But definitely recovering. Fever has gone down also. Also using hot heater in room to stay warm. Just being in 73 Fahrenheit I still feel cold."

San Man (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

"Severe, non-stop, deep, head pain; ear to ear pains; eye sockets/face pain."

Bethy (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin): "Zpack made me breakout with a rash and scratch n scratch n scratch some more. Both of my legs, top to bottom both broke out, the itching kept me up all night along w my cough. Well finished the zpack, figured getting rid of bronchitis was more important than itchy reaction. Well after scratching til i broke skin iIstill have a nagging cough and phlegm, it's significantly less and much thinner but still there."

StillSickCT (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

Zithromax (azithromycin): "I was diagnosed with bronchitis (even though I wasn't coughing) and prescribed zpak. Within 3 hours after first dose, I was shaking all over uncontrollably, blood pressure and heart rate increased significantly. Ended up in Urgent Care, where testing showed no infection in my body and clear lungs. Told to stop the med, drink lots of fluid and wait for med to flush out of my system. Shaking subsided in about 2 hours, but racing heart continued for several more. I'm also unable to go to sleep now. Don't need an antibiotic, but won't ever take this one again!"

Bunny (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2018

"I've been taking antibiotics for bronchitis. It had been about 3 days now and I feel much better. The only thing I don't like about this medication is I've been getting bad diarrhea. Besides that I really haven't been getting any other side affect."

Mikey (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2018

"This medicine always clears up bronchitis. I fiddle around with the inhalers and steroids the doctors try to foist on you first until I lose patience after a week of suffering and ask for this drug. This medicine literally starts healing within the first day. It is a miracle drug that removes pure misery and gives you hope again, and suddenly you don't feel like you've been run over by a semi on a week of no sleep. I don't understand the initial resistance to prescribe it when a patient clearly has a condition it can cure. I could have been up and enjoying life again in a couple of days instead of wallowing in misery for almost two weeks."

Nel March 2, 2018

"Had bronchitis and mild asthma with a cold for a week and the doctor immediately prescribed me this med when I told her that my chest started to hurt everytime I coughed. After a day of a strong dose, I felt much better and I'm no longer coughing up yellow phlegm. However, the side effects after 3 days are kicking in. My body feels weak and I have mild diarrhea. It's a strong effective med and it works if you take it immediately before it could get worse as for the side effects they are bearable and not that bad."

JOJO (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2018

"After having shortness of breath and a minor cold I went to my family doctor and was told to wait it out and all iIwas given was an inhaler. But 3 weeks went by and I was still having burning in my chest and shortness of breath and it hurt to cough. Finally I went to my local clinic and was given azithromycin and just after taking the first 2 tablets I'm already feeling better. The burning is mostly gone. Thank god for this antibiotic. I did have a little bit of diarrhea but I'm just happy the burning in my chest is gone. I would recommend this antibiotic. Just make sure you eat a lot before u take it."

mike8999 February 15, 2018

"I did the "z-pack" for bronchitis/walking pneumonia, as well as 4 days of prednisone. I have mild asthma, couldn't shake this illness. Always have GI tract issues with antibiotics but this had barely any effect. A bit of nausea for a couple hours after taking it. I took it after dinner nightly, and took FlorastorPlus recommended by my dr. for GI support. Improved within 4 days, finished the z-pack yesterday and feeling 80%."

B-C February 10, 2018

"I have had a nagging cough off and on for over 8 weeks. I also have had at times colored sputum. I treated myself the last 7.5 weeks with OTC sinus antihistamines NSAID etc which is typically for a virus. Until last Thursday when against my inner self I got a flu shot. Sent what I thought was gone symptoms into overdrive. By Saturday in bed with fever. I thought for sure I had the flu. On the Monday after 3 days later diagnosed with acute bronchitis on the edge of pneumonia. Immediately was started on ZPak and Hystex. I am on day 4 and yes I’ve had stomach burning and some upset stomach but my cough has been reduced by over 50% and I can sleep. I am on the mends. Let’s let our doctors be our doctors and stop trying to play doctor. I love my ZPak and my doctor"

AndiRum (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2018

"I'm really hoping this medicine works listening to everybody's stories some of them scare me, but for two weeks I've been coughing up green mucus keeping me up all night coughing. Today was my first dose of two pills some now I'm just sitting back hoping it'll work"

Ggnddante0715 (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2018

"I have bronchitis and hasn't done anything for it"

Jeff1975 (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2018