User Reviews for Azithromycin to treat Sinusitis

Also known as: Azithromycin 3 Day Dose Pack, Azithromycin 5 Day Dose Pack, Zithromax, Zithromax TRI-PAK, Zithromax Z-Pak, Zmax, Zithromax IV

Azithromycin Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 194 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Azithromycin

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin): "I've taken this for every URI I've ever had and feel better after first dose. No side effects. I love it. My new doctor won't prescribe it for me for some reason. Well, she's either a PA or a NP. That may have something to do with it. I know what works and is easy to take and doesn't RIP my guts out and keeps working long after the last dose is taken. I highly recommend this"

Oceangirl (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2019

"Had sinus infections most of my life. Prescribed for first sinus infection 20 years ago & just ended a 6 week infection with 5 days of 500mg. They've tried about every other antibiotic alternative for fear longterm exposure to azithro could decrease effectiveness. Other antibiotics, air purifiers, nasal wash systems, sprays, antihistamines.. nothing else works for my sinuses. The only side effect I get is INCREASED appetite. Still, azithro is the ONLY thing that works for me 20 years!"

JakeGuy (taken for 10 years or more) January 9, 2019

"I have a terrible sinus infection. I am also pregnant, I was prescribed this medicine and after 3 days I can’t take it anymore!!! Horrible stomach pain and no improvement for my sinuses."

Redd89 (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

"I’ve taken this since I was 8 years old- I’m 28 now. I’ve gotten chronic sinus infections and ear infections and this is the only drug that has helped. Every drug has side effects and this may or may not effect you poorly. Never had any adverse reactions with this medication. If anything it has improved my quality of life dealing with sinus infections. Good luck to everybody needing this!"

Austin (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

"Treatment for sinus infection. Hasn't helped or cured. My sinus infection is worse (that horrible smell that comes with a sinus infection). The dosage was 250 MG. And of course when calling the practitioner I'll have to come back and spend another $75 just to get a higher dosage. Yay for American for profit healthcare."

Jenn (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2018

"Got a typical dirty airplane acute sinusitis that went bacterial. Z-pak addressed sinus pain symptoms and low grade fever within 24 hours and at 3 days the usual nasty gut problems have appeared even with probiotics. So like many users, except I’m a pharmacist, I just hang around a toilet when the antidiarrheals/spasmodics wear off."

HD August 15, 2018

"Had a cold that turned into a sinus cold. Was very congested and stuffed. Felt like I was breathing through a straw. Ears felt clogged then itchy then burning. My nose would go from stuffed to a drip to a burning then my throat started to feel scratchy. I had no cough or temp. After 4 days went to clinic Dr prescribed z pac. 2hrs after taking it my chest and upper arms and upper back started burning and I was sweating and just so hot but I took my temp and it was 97.9 . I thought that was weird. So far it's 7hrs later altogether and I'm feeling a lot better. Had some mild cramping that lasted approximately 5 to 10 minutes but that's it. I'm hoping I can get through this."

Bre (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2018

"Took this 10 hours ago, 1-2 hours in stomach pain or heart pain? I can't tell but it's very unpleasant. Nervous, ear and sinus pain too. I still haven't taken the second dose for today, skeptical because this feeling this drug has given me is very unpleasant. Not to mention the FDA warned about it in 2012. Will be calling my doctor when they open. Probably not taking the second dose tonight."

Zane (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

"I had killer pain in my throat when talking and swallowing, by day 2 of the pack, I felt perfect! I am kind of wishing I hadn't finished it though. Day 3 I started to get a fever, congested nose, body aches, chills, and a headache like I've never experienced before (and I have experienced quite a few concussions...) I can hardly function due to the pain in my head and neck! I would rather have the infection back than feel like I am being crushed by my own body."

Maquel (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

"My daughter who was taking 40mg. Prozac for OCD was given a prescription for Zpac for a cold/sinus infection. Two days of use and her behaviour changed, angry and moody. I ignored the symptoms. After another dose of (zpac) she began to spiral down. She had used a razor to cut her wrist. Fortunately, a surface wound. Psychiatrist who asked if she was taking any other medications, I told her Zpac, told me to stop it immediately. Pediatrician- no written material to indicate that the medicines should not be mixed. My daughter has never been suicidal or self-destructive before. After three days off the medication, her behaviour began to go back to what it was before. How can this risk not be made public? You could have a lawsuit for a death of a child!"

Anonymous April 2, 2018

"I am a cancer survivor, and prior to chemo I was able to take amoxicillin...yeah, now? No..in fact I'm allergic to most everything else. But zpac is the only thing that works for me. Currently, I had to go to ER in the past weekend, felt like I was swallowing glass, and temp about 100. No bueno ,for some one whom has an immune system that is compromised . Now its day 3 and I can swallow with less pain, and think I'm coughing up rubbish from a past life!"

Skins March 26, 2018

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin): "Doc put me on a 5 day dosage to treat sinus infection, didn't miss a day, finished the dosage, and I still have a sinus infection."

Andi (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2018

"I am on Azithromycin for 4 days for a sinus infection.. First day I had to take two 250 mg pills, within an hour in a half my stomach started cramping up...I got 4 more days, I will be finish with this antibiotic.."

Delta Marie February 20, 2018

"On day 2 with Novo-Azithromycin, and my throat is killing me! It’s hurts to swallow. Is this normal? I woke up at 3am with chills and sore throat. It is worse at night when I try to sleep."

SH2 January 23, 2018

"Side effects headache dizziness really and tired. I have eye pain, no hungry stomach pain body chill and pain nervous I feel like I m gonna get side I m on my 3 days of this medication and my sinus well my nose still stuffy sometimes haven’t see a lot change I have 3 more days to go let’s see cause amoxicillin didn’t work for me :("

Ana12345678 (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2018

"GREAT antibiotic! Love that I take two on the 1st day, and only 4 others, instead of taking the other “horse pills 3-4X a day for 10 days Worked within one day, and very effective with no side effects that I felt"

DaddyDoman (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2017

"Took this drug (5 day dose) for a sinus infection. It did clear up the infection but the side effects were horrible. I got dizzy, had a horrible headache, felt nauseous and at one point even vomited. Each day was agonizing, and I think I could have taken something else easier on the body for a minor sinus infection. I finished my last dose two days ago but I'm still feeling the dizziness. I hope it goes away soon."

Amy H.C (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2017

"Took first two pills for sinus and ear infection that I’ve had for months. Tried holistic stuff, but Only temp relief. I used to use this all the time and never once had reactions. Most generics usually turn to rubbish, this did too. Had instantaneous stomach bloating and indigestion (took with GF cereal) skin red and itchy, and worst of all I’ve suddenly got flu like symptoms. Feel like trash. 99.4 temp but feel like I’m on fire. Just a little advice here at the end for sufferers of chronic sinus infections and the like. Just found out why I’m sick all the time. IGG SUBCLASS DEFICIENCIES. I’m prone to get sinus infections and others. Have Rhumatologist or immunologist check your immune system. Finally found out why I’m so sickly."

Sick Nick (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2017

"I usually get 2-3 sinus infections a year, usually starts with a cold then comes the sinus infection. Azithromycin is a miracle drug for me. I was seen by Dr today and the pain was so intense it caused my blood pressure to be high, she prescribed me zpack and within hours after taking the initial dose the pain is 50% less. I do not have any side effects from the medicine and it is the only prescription drug that works this well on my sinus infection"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2017

"I was put on the z pac it is the one you take for 5 days ,for sinuses. I would not recommend it if you are like me and have reflux or stomach issues. I had taken it before, however this time there was more symptoms and side effects than ever before, I think they changed some things in this pill. I took the first day 1 one tablet about 12 hours apart not the two together. I have a very acidity feeling and bad diverticulosis in my stomach. After the 3 pills got hives on my leg after I took the second one started to feel nausea so bad and chills, as well as terrible diarrhea and it cleared up the sinus infection some but it is tearing my stomach to pieces even after eating before I take it. Reported the hives to the doctor he said keep taking I did and I am itching again"

Snowdove111 September 14, 2017

"I am on day 2 of this antibiotic for a severe sinus infection. On my first dose of the 2 pills, my stomach started becoming upset, it was bloating and overall bad feeling in my gut. Day 2 (which is where I am at now), and I do feel much better concerning my sinus issues but my stomach still hurts and I am bloated. I have been taking this antibiotic for years and have not experienced this before with my stomach. I had something to eat right after taking both doses. But I will say that the sinus pain and pressure in my face and eyes is gone!! Which is a big deal to me. I'll just have to deal with the stomach pains... they aren't severe. I am wondering if somehow they have changed the make up of this antibiotic since I haven't had these issue"

Sharonrc69 June 13, 2017

"This drug heaedl my acute sinus infection after a week. I believe it is stronger than Co Amoxiclav."

Hamid121 (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2017

"This used to work for me about 5-10 years ago. I would get sick twice a year with a sinus infection and then take a Z pack. All better!! About 4 years ago the Z Pack stopped working yet my stupid doctors KEEP prescribing the Z Pack. I am good from day 3-day 12, then the infection comes right back."

timmytwos (taken for 10 years or more) May 10, 2017

Zithromax (azithromycin): "I am on day 3 of this I felt like death on day one could barely stand up clogged up extremely sore throat ... day 2 still clogged up but not as much and throat starting to feel better I'm surprised! Say 3 today still some mucus this morning dnd a bit of sore throat but way way better then day 1!"

Emy888816ga April 26, 2017

Azithromycin Dose Pack (azithromycin): "This drug worked after 5 days on my sinus infection. On the 6 day I experienced vomiting, dizziness, stomach craps, constipation, black stool, hypertension, fast beating of the heart, low energy, hives on my face, headaches, swollen eye lids, dark circles under my eyes. Day 11 after taking the last dose, still experiencing fast heart beat, swelling in my feet, hives on my face. Low energy."

Tracij (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2017