User Reviews for Erythromycin

Also known as: Ery-Tab, EryPed, Erythrocin, E.E.S. Granules, Eryc, E-Mycin, Erythrocin Lactobionate, Erythrocin Stearate Filmtab, Ilosone, Robimycin, PCE Dispertab, Wyamycin S, E.E.S.-200, E.E.S.-400, E.E.S.-400 Filmtab, Erythrocot, MY-E …show all brand names

Upper Respiratory Tract Infection

Legionella PneumoniaNot rated - Add rating1 review 26 medications
Summary of Erythromycin reviews 6.5 32 reviews

Reviews for Erythromycin

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 21, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "I've taken Erythromycin (for acne) for close to 70-80 days now, and I have to say I have had no side effects, and my skin hasn't had more than one spot in 4 months ( I can't see Erythromycin listed for Acne here but it works!) , or maybe it helps that I also got myself out of a stressful work environment too, but but the Erythromycin definitely works."

Patient · Taken for less than 1 month January 26, 2019

For Bronchitis: "I would get laryngitis and bronchitis every fall for years. One year developed into acute bronchitis. Dr prescribed me erythromycin. Caused a terrible metal taste and food tasted like dirt for months. However, that was 32 years ago and I have not had bronchitis since!"

Chestnut · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "Doctor gave me this to take for 5 days, 500 mg tablets every six hours for my C Diff infection The side effects for me is that it makes me shiver, tiredness, and I feel cold and some stomach ache."

David August 11, 2018

Erythrocin (erythromycin) for Dental Abscess: "Intense nausea Lower back kidney pain Diarrhea Vomiting Disorientation dizziness missed dose due to intensity of constant nausea"

Anand Ranjan April 21, 2018

For Dental Abscess: "Erythromycin is safe drug however works late. Amoxicillin works fast however many people are allergic to it as side effect are pain in abdomen, vomiting and loose bowel motions."

Araxtell · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2018

For Strep Throat: "Worked like a charm."

hotB0i · Taken for less than 1 month November 20, 2017

For Strep Throat: "I'm going in fellas just took the first dose. Will update shortly. Keep me in your prayers."

Blodyn80 · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2017

For Dental Abscess: "I’ve had an abscess since Sept 5th and it’s now October 29th. Dentist would not give me antibiotics till Oct 27th. I am allergic to penicillin so that’s why I have this antibiotic. I’ve been using it for around 36 hours now, 1 every 6 hours and I have had no side effects like others have had and for the first time since I got my abscess I am not in constant pain : ) my tooth is still sensitive but my glands have gone down and my jaw is not hurting anymore : )"

Lukeclem · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2017

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I was prescribed this drug after a chest infection had returned an the initial antibiotics had not 100% worked. Within a day I had gotten a lot worse, and began passing out and ended up in hospital for 6 hours. They informed me that this drug was not always reliable and they had a woman in the ward for 6 weeks due to her taking these for 3 days. Reluctantly I came off this drug and went back onto a longer dosage of my initial antibiotics. Needless to say I got a lot better quickly, and the infection had disappeared within a week."

Kitkat0897 · Taken for less than 1 month August 11, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Had a insect bite that got really badly infected on my calf to the point where I could barely walk it was that painful I was on penicillin but that did very little but after taking this it cleared up almost immediately. Although it's making feel quite nauseas where all it takes is a buiscuit to make me want to throw up also having headaches and my heart beat keeps going fast but it worked a treat on my bite"

Lynda McEachran · Taken for less than 1 month July 16, 2016

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I am taking LOFEPRAMINE and PERICYAZINE for mental health issues, and found that ERYTHROMYCIN , wiped out my mental health meds. It was as if I was not taking them, and I must now , NOT take Erythromycin or any other MACROLIDES, this is the group of meds that Erythromycin belongs to. I found it hard to believe that an anti-biotic could cause such profound effects. I hope this review helps other people with m.h.issues. If in doubt Google it."

Jude123 March 26, 2016

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "This antibiotic is the best, hands down. The Z pack doesn't even come close to this. I take this when I get really bad sinus infections that go into my chest and I start feeling better within a couple days. I specifically ask my doctor for this when I get sick because it's the one that really works."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 27, 2015

For Dental Abscess: "This medicine gave me extreme upper abdominal pain and vomiting and I felt so unwell I couldn't sleep! My infection was slightly better after 3 days but I had to stop taking this medicine as it was making me too unwell! Stay away from this medicine and find an alternative!"

lana bean July 3, 2015

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Had a bad cough for 5 weeks took Emycin and it cleared within 6 days."

rmeav8r1 · Taken for less than 1 month December 11, 2014

E.E.S.-400 (erythromycin) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Almost immediate relief within 24 - 48 hours for moderate to severe sinus infections. I have experienced a temporary hearing loss that may be a side-effect."

annonymous user January 4, 2014

For Dental Abscess: "I'm currently taking it now as I'm allergic to penicillin. I'm on my 3rd day. I've been getting really painful stomach cramps, hot sweats and very loose stools. It's making me feel really ill. And it hasn't made my mouth feel any better at all. I'm going to give it one more day then I'm going to stop taking it because it's obviously not for me."

jeckoi December 26, 2013

Erythrocin Stearate Filmtab (erythromycin) for Pharyngitis: "This is very effective for sore throat and tonsillitis."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2012

For Otitis Media: "I'm taking this due to ear and sinus infection and swollen lymph nodes. I'm allergic to penicillin, so doctor gave me these. Seems to be working on infection, but slowly. I have to take 500mg 2xs a day. It gives me terrible stomach cramps and pain, but after I eat, the pain goes away. I'm just very lazy, tired and my brain is cloudy. Don't feel myself. Not sure if its due to my illness or the medicine. Drinks a lot of water. Hope you feel better!"

kikidi June 30, 2012

For Dental Abscess: "I was put on erythromycin for a tooth infection. It raised my blood pressure to 170/112. I stopped taking it when the course finished. I felt dizzy and out of sorts. My blood pressure is slowly decreasing now, but I still feel dizzy sometimes. "

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2012

For Bronchitis: "I've been taking it for two days since I am allergic to penicillins. I guess I feel better with the bronchitis but I have bad leg cramps and my stomach stays upset and have had horrible diarrhea. Side effects might not be worth it."

Anonymous December 2, 2011

Erythrocin (erythromycin) for Strep Throat: "I am a skeptic on taking new medicine, but this medicine worked great for my strep throat and I had it very bad."

Anonymous February 2, 2011

Erythrocin (erythromycin) for Strep Throat: "Constant nausea, stomach pain, some vomiting."

Anonymous December 7, 2010

For Bronchitis: "It helps with bad chest pains caused by a trapped nerve and when I have a very bad bronchial infection."

Anonymous May 28, 2010

For Dental Abscess: "I am allergic to penicillin and found this medication relatively tolerable! But I am now on my third course, and the third is a double dose, after several root canal sessions. I feel quite bombed out, and don't know whether this is the infection or the medication. My tooth is continuing to re-infect, which is depressing. Perhaps I should be leaving this message in a week's time. I feel very delicate, nauseous, with a degree of anxiety - a subjective response, I admit!"

ladiid April 5, 2010

For Pharyngitis: "My experience at first was that I was not able to take the chewable pill. It was quite distasteful and difficult to swallow. I switched to the liquid and this made a huge difference in my digesting of the medication. The medicine proved to be quite helpful. I was starting to feel better after the second day of taking the medication. "