User Reviews for Erythromycin

Also known as: E-Mycin, E.E.S. Granules, E.E.S.-200, E.E.S.-400, E.E.S.-400 Filmtab, Ery-Tab, Eryc, EryPed, Erythrocin, Erythrocin Lactobionate, Erythrocin Stearate Filmtab, Erythrocot, Ilosone, MY-E, PCE Dispertab, Robimycin, Wyamycin S …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Erythromycin.

Upper Respiratory Tract Infection

Dental Abscess
4.5

Summary of Erythromycin reviews 6.6 27 reviews

Reviews for Erythromycin

For Strep Throat: "I'm going in fellas just took the first dose. Will update shortly. Keep me in your prayers."

hotB0i (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dental Abscess: "I’ve had an abscess since Sept 5th and it’s now October 29th. Dentist would not give me antibiotics till Oct 27th. I am allergic to penicillin so that’s why I have this antibiotic. I’ve been using it for around 36 hours now, 1 every 6 hours and I have had no side effects like others have had and for the first time since I got my abscess I am not in constant pain : ) my tooth is still sensitive but my glands have gone down and my jaw is not hurting anymore : )"

Blodyn80 (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I was prescribed this drug after a chest infection had returned an the initial antibiotics had not 100% worked. Within a day I had gotten a lot worse, and began passing out and ended up in hospital for 6 hours. They informed me that this drug was not always reliable and they had a woman in the ward for 6 weeks due to her taking these for 3 days. Reluctantly I came off this drug and went back onto a longer dosage of my initial antibiotics. Needless to say I got a lot better quickly, and the infection had disappeared within a week."

Lukeclem (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Had a insect bite that got really badly infected on my calf to the point where I could barely walk it was that painful I was on penicillin but that did very little but after taking this it cleared up almost immediately. Although it's making feel quite nauseas where all it takes is a buiscuit to make me want to throw up also having headaches and my heart beat keeps going fast but it worked a treat on my bite"

Kitkat0897 (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I am taking LOFEPRAMINE and PERICYAZINE for mental health issues, and found that ERYTHROMYCIN , wiped out my mental health meds. It was as if I was not taking them, and I must now , NOT take Erythromycin or any other MACROLIDES, this is the group of meds that Erythromycin belongs to. I found it hard to believe that an anti-biotic could cause such profound effects. I hope this review helps other people with m.h.issues. If in doubt Google it."

Lynda McEachran (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "This antibiotic is the best, hands down. The Z pack doesn't even come close to this. I take this when I get really bad sinus infections that go into my chest and I start feeling better within a couple days. I specifically ask my doctor for this when I get sick because it's the one that really works."

Jude123 March 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dental Abscess: "This medicine gave me extreme upper abdominal pain and vomiting and I felt so unwell I couldn't sleep! My infection was slightly better after 3 days but I had to stop taking this medicine as it was making me too unwell! Stay away from this medicine and find an alternative!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Had a bad cough for 5 weeks took Emycin and it cleared within 6 days."

lana bean July 3, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

E.E.S.-400 (erythromycin) for Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "Almost immediate relief within 24 - 48 hours for moderate to severe sinus infections. I have experienced a temporary hearing loss that may be a side-effect."

rmeav8r1 (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dental Abscess: "I'm currently taking it now as I'm allergic to penicillin. I'm on my 3rd day. I've been getting really painful stomach cramps, hot sweats and very loose stools. It's making me feel really ill. And it hasn't made my mouth feel any better at all. I'm going to give it one more day then I'm going to stop taking it because it's obviously not for me."

annonymous user January 4, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Erythrocin Stearate Filmtab (erythromycin) for Pharyngitis: "This is very effective for sore throat and tonsillitis."

jeckoi December 26, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Otitis Media: "I'm taking this due to ear and sinus infection and swollen lymph nodes. I'm allergic to penicillin, so doctor gave me these. Seems to be working on infection, but slowly. I have to take 500mg 2xs a day. It gives me terrible stomach cramps and pain, but after I eat, the pain goes away. I'm just very lazy, tired and my brain is cloudy. Don't feel myself. Not sure if its due to my illness or the medicine. Drinks a lot of water. Hope you feel better!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dental Abscess: "I was put on erythromycin for a tooth infection. It raised my blood pressure to 170/112. I stopped taking it when the course finished. I felt dizzy and out of sorts. My blood pressure is slowly decreasing now, but I still feel dizzy sometimes. "

kikidi June 30, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis: "I've been taking it for two days since I am allergic to penicillins. I guess I feel better with the bronchitis but I have bad leg cramps and my stomach stays upset and have had horrible diarrhea. Side effects might not be worth it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Erythrocin (erythromycin) for Strep Throat: "I am a skeptic on taking new medicine, but this medicine worked great for my strep throat and I had it very bad."

Anonymous December 2, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Erythrocin (erythromycin) for Strep Throat: "Constant nausea, stomach pain, some vomiting."

Anonymous February 2, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis: "It helps with bad chest pains caused by a trapped nerve and when I have a very bad bronchial infection."

Anonymous December 7, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dental Abscess: "I am allergic to penicillin and found this medication relatively tolerable! But I am now on my third course, and the third is a double dose, after several root canal sessions. I feel quite bombed out, and don't know whether this is the infection or the medication. My tooth is continuing to re-infect, which is depressing. Perhaps I should be leaving this message in a week's time. I feel very delicate, nauseous, with a degree of anxiety - a subjective response, I admit!"

Anonymous May 28, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pharyngitis: "My experience at first was that I was not able to take the chewable pill. It was quite distasteful and difficult to swallow. I switched to the liquid and this made a huge difference in my digesting of the medication. The medicine proved to be quite helpful. I was starting to feel better after the second day of taking the medication. "

ladiid April 5, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pharyngitis: "I have been poorly for 3 weeks when I started to take this antibiotic. Now feeling alot better after 3 days although not 100%. Day 3 started to get looser than normal bowel movements and slight color change too but will monitor. "

residentboss March 30, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I was prescribed this medication as I have a chest infection. I had a really bad cough for around 3 weeks, after 2 days of taking this my cough was so much better. EXCEPT that around the same time my cough signifigantly improved, I felt so nauseous."

Little Ms Moffat November 15, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I have been diagnosed with COPD and IBS and Acid Reflux unfortunately, and I also had developed a chest infection on Monday. My Doctor prescribed ERYTHROMYCIN 200 mg TABLETS. This is Friday and I feel a lot lot better. Thank you very much for this discovery."

Big M October 16, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "This drug worked miracles for my skin but the side effects are overwhelming. I constantly have an upset stomach and am always tired. I have to take this medicine right before bed so I can function throughout my day. Usually when I wake up I still fell some of the side effects like an upset stomach."

Anonymous October 1, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ery-Tab (erythromycin) for Bronchitis: "I've always had good luck with ery-tabs. For myself, being allergic to penicillin and derivatives there of, this drug is a great replacement for amoxicillin."

TheFiggy September 26, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: "I was prescribed to take the medication for sinus, inner ear, and chest infection. It made me terribly sick, so I stopped taking it. I know you're not supposed to stop and start, but I did three times. The most recent was after a medic on the set told me to eat yogurt and the sickness would subside. He said it was something in the bioflavins that helped with the nausea. My entire body felt great once I stayed on the medication as prescribed. Take care!"

Anonymous November 20, 2008