User Reviews for Guaifenesin

Also known as: Mucinex, Humibid, Guiatuss, Robafen, Junior Meltus Chesty Coughs with Catarrh, GG 200 NR, Robitussin Mucus + Chest Congestion, Benylin E, Family Meltus Chesty Coughs, Benadryl Chesty Forte, G Bid, Ganidin NR, Humibid Pediatric, Organ-1 NR, Mucinex Children's Chest Congestion, Guaibid-LA, Aquamist, Amibid LA, Mucobid-LA, Guaifenex LA, Fenex-LA, Fenesin, Rompe Pecho EX, Scot-Tussin Expectorant, Breonesin, Guaifenesin LA, Humavent LA, Guiacough, Glytuss, Altarussin, Anti-Tuss, Diabetic Expectorant, Allfen Jr, Genatuss, Guaiatussin, Siltuss DAS, Tussin Expectorant, Gua-SR, Humigen LA, Altorant, Duratuss G, Diabetic Tuss, Guaifenex G, GG-Cen, Calmylin Expectorant Guiadrine G-1200 Siltussin DAS-NA Balminil Expectorant Drituss G Beechams Veno's for Kids Chesty Cough Junior Meltus Colour and Sugar Free Expectorant Help I Have Chest Congestion Xpect Bidex-400 Humibid E Fenesin IR Hill's Balsam Chesty Cough Beechams Veno's Expectorant Lemsip Cough Chesty Dristan Chesty Cough Dristan Chesty Cough Guaiphenesin Mucinex for Kids Guaifen NR Buckley's Chest Congestion TabTussin 400 Siltussin DAS Diabetic Tussin Mucus Relief Refenesen Chest Congestion Relief Bronchoril Hytuss Mucaplex Tussin Mucus + Chest Congestion Air Power Mucinex Maximum Strength …show all brand names

Fibromyalgia 8.5
Bronchitis 6.9
Cough 5.7
Bronchiectasis 3.3
Summary of Guaifenesin reviews 7.1 239 reviews

Reviews for Guaifenesin

Marta · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 2, 2020

For Fibromyalgia: “I didn’t read about it first. I took Guaifenesin for a cold and I started feeling so much better about my fibromyalgia pain. Then I researched about it. Guaifenesin kind of cleanses the tips of the nerves and releases the knots. I felt the relieve immediately but other people say it takes time. It’s great.”

jj · Taken for less than 1 month July 31, 2020

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: “mucinex night time doesn't work for COVID”

rhymingartist · Taken for 10 years or more June 6, 2020

For Fibromyalgia: “I have been on the Guaifenesin Protocol that reverses Fibromyalgia and the Chronic Fatigue that goes along with it for 13 years. I am 76, and I can accomplish more at this age than I did at 63. My Fibro pain and the feeling that I was exhausted all the time has been gone for years. Two little over the counter pills, taken twelve hours apart, reversed all my symptoms. This does not happen overnight. The paperback book, written by Dr. Paul St. Amand, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia" explained it all. My doctor approved of the protocol with a wave of his hand. "Give it a try," he said. "It can't hurt you." So I did, and, over time, following the protocol precisely, which meant finding MY correct dose, I improved until I was completely reversed. I now have my life back.”

Jlo · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2020

For Cough: “Omg! First of all my stomach turned shortly after taking and I had to run for the restroom! Then I was so nauseas and weak! This went on the entire day. I do not know what Is in this stuff that made me worse then I started off but I would never ever consider taking this again! Felt like a terrible flu!”

John May 3, 2020

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Cough: “Mucinex is good but tough .... finally you will get through it, but try another kind is possible.”

John · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2020

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Cough: “Doesnt work for me!”

Katty · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 21, 2020

Mucinex Maximum Strength (guaifenesin) for Cough: “Musinex Max strength did not work for me, doctor recommended,”

Jan · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 4, 2020

Robafen (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: “Have your local compounding pharmacy order you the pure guaifenesin syrup. You do not want the kind in the drug store because it contains Dextromethorphan ...which is probably what others have described as making them sick or drowsy. The brand my pharmacy gets for me is Robafen syrup. You can get a pint for about $8. I have COPD and have used it for years. Robitussin used to make the plain stuff, but I haven't seen it in the stores for a long time. Although it says only take 6 times daily. It's much more soothing to the throat than Mucinex pills and works instantly to get the phlegm out of your lungs. I couldn't live without it!”

Joy · Taken for less than 1 month March 31, 2020

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: “I'm on my second box of mucinex and really haven't seen any improvement in my bronchitis. Either I need a stronger medication (I got the Fast Max and I'm still congested) or it's not Bronchitis.”

Soli March 17, 2020

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: “I took Mucinex about a month ago and it had me sleeping all day extra extra tired with a slight fever. It's not my thing”

Joody · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2020

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Cough: “The packaging for Mucinex is a horrible nightmare. I could not open the bottle. I did the usual push down and turn knob but it was impossible. My dr suggested this and other drugs and antibiotics but I couldn’t get it open - I am so sick that I took a knife to the lid but it only produced a small slit. So I squeezed the bottle but only got a little out. This is a nightmare and I will never buy this again. Zero time on med as I could not get to it.”

H · Taken for less than 1 month February 12, 2020

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Cough: “This has to be the worse cough medicine ever it actually made my cough worse. Switch to Robitussin and IMMEDIATELY noticed the difference in relief. I'm not one to review but this one needed to go down in the books.... Don't take Mucinex...”

Linda · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2020

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Cough: “At first I thought this was making me worse because of thinning my mucus but I read someone's comment on here who said to drink a lot of water (64 oz) and I tried that and it definitely made a difference. If you don't drink a lot of water with this you are not going to clear out the mucus.”

VAmom · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2020

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: “I get asthma “colds” that turn into Bronchitis once a year. I find Mucinex “keeps the elephant off my chest”. And, you’ll know what that means if you’ve had bronchitis! I will take Mucinex in the morning, and feel fine most of the day, thinking I’m getting past the infection. Then WHAM! Elephant...on...chest!! Cough, cough.... Mucinex may not work for everyone, but it sure helps me breath deeper and easier!!”

Bill · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 4, 2020

Mucinex Maximum Strength (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: “I have COPD and Mucinex maximum work good for me , was wonderng why you say do not break or chew in half ? and can this be taken everyday ,12 hour ? or as needed when mucus come, cold , etc ,etc .”

Starsplat · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 30, 2020

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchiectasis: “I have tried all the versions and dosages of this product. They describe it as loosening mucus. It does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I have now read the tests and found out it doesn't even work better than a placebo. Just wasted a couple hundred dollars. Such is life.”

T January 25, 2020

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Cough: “This product makes me feel like I'm drowning.”

Bobo · Taken for less than 1 month January 25, 2020

For Bronchitis: “I used the generic, bland OTC version and guaifenesin worked very well. Had garbage in lungs I couldn't cough out. Was told to try Mucinex and saw guaifenesin was active ingredient and so bought the cheap version instead. Took about 90 minutes to notice it kicking in and the garbage flowed out of my lungs. You really do need to drink MUCH more water than usual for it to work though.”

Jojo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 13, 2020

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Cough: “I use the Mucinex liquid and I think it works great. I had it as a prescription for my last cold and this time I got it myself. I also got Alka Seltzer thinking that would work. After 3 days of feeling like poo I took the Mucinex and slept the best I had in three days. I highly recommend this to anyone. I'm only taking it at night because it does make me sleepy. Other than that I have no problems with this medicine and it's the best thing I've ever taken for colds.”

Ro · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2020

Mucinex Maximum Strength (guaifenesin) for Cough: “Two-bottle package of Mucinex Fast-Max and Nightshift. Over $20 but it would have been worth it if it worked. Started with Nightshift and the next day I took the Fast-Max. Not one bit of improvement in any of my symptoms. Waste of money.”

RF-MI · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2019

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: “Save your money - cheaper products work way better”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more November 27, 2019

For Fibromyalgia: “guaifenesin works to break up the fascia knots in fibromyalgia. It does take a few months to work. Pain is still a major issue but the knots being gone is a major bonus and helps with the pain factor - A LOT!”

Pat November 6, 2019

For Fibromyalgia: “Many yrs ago I was in an FMS support group that filled out forms for Bennett. Not sure if Dr Armand was around then. During this time many members of group did the Guaifenesin protocol as it was just being discussed then. Whenever I had a cold I took Guaifenesin and felt much better, but when I went off it Fibromyalgia pains returned. I was diagnosed at the time as a severe, hard-to -treat case. I got into Hormones which helped immensely. Recently I've a bad cold and taking Guaifenesin again. A lot of very bad pain I’ve had from an injury that affected the muscles, ligaments, tendons on right side from neck to knee were alleviated by taking the Guaifenesin. No other reason for it. My cold was awful, but my body pains had subsided. I’m thinking of going on Guaifenesin Protocol again to see if relief continues. I’ve had FM for 30 yrs. Has affected every aspect of my life. Will try Guaifenesin again and see what happens. Thank you for your interest.”

BJ November 1, 2019

For Fibromyalgia: “I have been disabled with Fibromyalgia and Interstitial Cystitis for over 20 years. In May 2019, I caught a bad cold. I took Guiafenesin to help with the congestion. One night, during that time, I woke up and found that all my Fibromyalgia/Interstitial Cystitis pain was gone! The pain reprieve was short lived, but it gave me enough time to search online and find out about Guiafenesin and Fibromyalgia. I read the members reviews, here at drug.com, and saw other people were getting results with Guiafenesin and Fibromyalgia. I have now been on the Guiafenesin protocol for 6 months and both my Fibromyalgia and Interstitial Cystitis symptoms have dramatically improved. The Guiafenesin protocol is not a quick fix though. There is more to the protocol than just taking Guiafenesin. If you have Fibromyalgia and want to give the Guiafenesin protocol a try, get the book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia," by R. Paul St. Amand, MD, and Claudia Craig Marek.”

Ryan October 28, 2019

For Cough: “A Doctor told me to take this med guaifenesin for my upper respiratory infection and my goodness did it make me sick I’m nauseous, dizzy, and just really nervous ... I think I am going to go back to my doc and break his nose”