User Reviews for Guaifenesin

Also known as: Actifed CC Chesty Cough, Air Power, Allfen Jr, Altarussin, Altorant, Amibid LA, Anti-Tuss, Aquamist, Balminil Expectorant, Beechams Veno's Expectorant, Beechams Veno's for Kids Chesty Cough, Benadryl Chesty Forte, Benylin E, Bidex-400, Breonesin, Bronchoril, Buckley's Chest Congestion, Calmylin Expectorant, Diabetic Expectorant, Diabetic Tuss, Diabetic Tussin Mucus Relief, Dristan Chesty Cough, Dristan Chesty Cough Guaiphenesin, Drituss G, Duratuss G, Family Meltus Chesty Coughs, Fenesin, Fenesin IR, Fenex-LA, G Bid, Ganidin NR, Genatuss, GG 200 NR, GG-Cen, Glytuss, Gua-SR, Guaiatussin, Guaibid-LA, Guaifen NR, Guaifenesin LA, Guaifenex G, Guaifenex LA, Guiacough, Guiadrine G-1200, Guiatuss, Halotussin, Help I Have Chest Congestion, Hill's Balsam Chesty Cough, Humavent LA, Humibid, Humibid E, Humibid Pediatric, Humigen LA, Hytuss, Iodrol NR, Iofen, Iofen-NF, Iophen NR, Jackson's Extra Strength All Fours, Jackson's The Original All Fours, Junior Meltus Chesty Coughs with Catarrh, Junior Meltus Colour and Sugar Free Expectorant, Kenkay Chesty Cough Eexpectorant, Lemsip Cough Chesty, Liqufruta Garlic Cough Medicine, Liquibid, Liquidbid 1200, Liquidbid LA, Liquituss GG, Lloydspharmacy Expectorant Adult Cough, Lloydspharmacy Expectorant Junior Cough, Lotussin, Mastussin, Mucaplex, Mucinex, Mucinex Children's Chest Congestion, Mucinex for Kids, Mucinex Maximum Strength, Muco-Fen, Muco-Fen 1200, Muco-Fen 800, Muco-Fen LA, Mucobid-LA, Mucus Relief, Mytussin, Naldecon-EX Senior, Nirolex Chesty Cough, Nyal Chesty Cough, Organ-1 NR, Organidin NR, Phanasin, Pharmacist Expectorant, Pneumomist, Q-Bid LA, Q-Tussin, Refenesen Chest Congestion Relief, Respa-GF, Ri-Tussin, Robafen, Robichem, Robitussin Chest Congestion, Robitussin Mucus + Chest Congestion, Scot-Tussin Expectorant, Siltuss DAS, Siltussin, Siltussin DAS, Siltussin DAS-NA, Sinumist, Sorbutuss, Strepsils Chesty Cough, T-Tussin, TabTussin 400, Tixylix Chesty Cough, Touro EX, Tusscidin, Tussin, Tussin Expectorant, Tussin Mucus + Chest Congestion, Xpect …show all brand names

Fibromyalgia

4.5

1 review 150 medications
Summary of Guaifenesin reviews 7.5 189 reviews

Reviews for Guaifenesin

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchiectasis: "Useless for bronchiectasis"

Goodnight Irene (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 25, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "I would ‘t give this product a single star if I had the choice. I took 2 Mucinex FM capsules at 5pm. I woke at 3am with the worst hives I have ever had over at least half of my body. They were worst on the front of my thighs, the back of my upper arms and my stomach and back. The itch was almost unbearable. I rubbed on Antihisan which helped a little. I even had a couple of welts by my left eye. It was 9am the next day before I was itch free and hive free. It was frightening to have such an adverse reaction, not normal for me at all. The packet of meds has gone into the rubbish bin. Never again!"

Ej (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

For Cough: "I used guaifenesin for mucus relief with a cough. I drank a full bottle of water with it and 30 minutes later ate supper. At 12:30, I woke up with vomiting and severe diarrhea. Blood pressure went sky high (from a normal low). Headache and dizziness. I couldn’t eat for 2 & 1/2 days because of the nausea. Blood pressure went back to normal after 24 hours. I have used other cold medicines and every one would make me at least slightly nauseous. I didn’t know they all contained this ingredient. This seems to be abnormal for this medicine so I think I may be allergic."

Channel1 (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "I was on the Guaifenesin treatment method of Dr St. Amand. After 6 months I could no longer tolerate the pain and exhaustion. Went to another Endocrinologist an discovered I have PanHypopituitarism and the pain and exhaustion was from that. Please make sure you are tested for all possible issues. Note: I also discovered that I should have been paying attention to the pain and not assuming it was just part of the Guaifenesin treatment. This delayed discovering what was truly wrong."

Suzi (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "Found Dr. Amand's website in August, 2000. I was very sick, life was purely awful. At the second year I was definitely getting much better, and at the 4-5 year mark I was me again. I felt brand new."

Doc. (taken for 10 years or more) August 1, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Cough: "I am coughing up of all kinds of mucus and I want to sleep.. that's not going to happen. Wish I never took it."

Bonnie (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "Amazing difference!"

Janice (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "I have used it twice now. And it feels like it makes me worse. I cough so hard that my back and my stomach is now hurting. My cough is so deep and nothing is coming up. It just makes me cough non-atop. However I'm not taking any today I'm also not coughing so I put the two together when you take it it makes you cough unfortunately in my case nothing came up"

Lizzie (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2018

For Bronchitis: "This medication makes my breathing good again. I can breath properly"

tony (taken for 10 years or more) June 19, 2018

For Bronchitis: "I have a blood condition that keeps me in a constant state of allergic reaction and precludes me from using any of the common cold medicines that contain pseudoephedrine (claratin "D" for example) or dextromethorphan (like Robitussin "DM") Guaifenesin seems to work wonderfully so far. Taking two tablets at night with a large glass of water actually allows me to breathe and sleep much better."

Fish April 17, 2018

Mucinex Maximum Strength (guaifenesin) for Cough: "I take an MAOI so I can't use decongestants. I take Mucinex when I start getting a cold or flu. It relieves my cough and congestion, keeps my lungs clear. Yes, it gives me a runny nose but that's what it's supposed to do, thin the mucous so you can get rid of it. My coughs are fewer and those I have are productive. Drinking a lot of water of other liquid is essential. I suspect some of the negative reviews are from folks who didn't drink enough. Personally I would recommend giving it a try, with lots of fluids."

krobin (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Bronchitis: "For everyone that suffers from allergies, I highly recommend this product: Mucinex DM 1200 mg guaifenesin. I'm using the 12 hour extended release tablets, I've had allergies for over 10 years and nothing really worked. I felt dizzy and nauseous at times but then as my body adjusted to it it cleared my years of gunk. Whenever headache comes on drink water, I'm happy to share this because, I've suffered a lot and was not enjoying quality of life, please do try it. God bless."

Nicky (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

For Cough: "Just started. Don't know yet. Flem is very thick especially when I am active."

Steve (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "I read many reviews some positive and some negative. But people need to remember it will work for some and others it won't. In the 80's my allergist prescribed "Guaifenesin" for me. It really was the best for me. Then it was taken off the market for a while. Several months I was looking for something to help me with my congestion and allergies. Found Mucinex and have been using it as needed and I feel great."

Dedee (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "Great results for bronchial congestion /mucus build up."

Deecough (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "Made me worse. Stomach issues and did nothing for my cough and sinus drainage. Would not recommend."

Sheryl S February 25, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "In our home Mucinex is the go to when we start getting sinussy ,mucousy and sickly. It helps fast, glad these products are available! We use the liquid for our 9 year old! And it usually always works! Thank you Mrs. Perez"

SherrieP February 17, 2018

Robitussin Mucus + Chest Congestion (guaifenesin) for Cough: "I had a severe sinus infection that had a lasting deep unproductive cough THE FIRST DOSE MADE A DIFFERENCE..WORKED WELL FOR ME. I would use this again"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Cough: "I had the flu and night coughing was keeping the family from sleeping. I tried everything!! This worked the first night. I noticed it made my throat feel dry & sore. Drink plenty of water."

Melfel February 7, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Cough: "Worked well after I started guzzling water. It did nothing before that. Thing is, nowhere on the liquid Musinex DM packaging does it say to ensure to drink lots of water. If water is essential to its effectiveness, I’d think the company would want folks to get plenty hydrated. This method combined with an inhaler to calm coughing spasms and I feel progress in kicking my flu remnants. Good luck."

Eartheditor (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "I'm reading a lot of reports of Mucinex making people feel worse, as is the case with me. The main ingredient apparently thins down your mucus so basically, while already sick, this medicine gives you a runny nose. I've taken Mucinez twice and both same results."

Yoonieman (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been on protocol for almost a year. I was a patient of Dr St Amand who has mapped me three times. He said I cleared almost 75% and up my dose at 7 months. I have since been in agony. Ligaments and tendons tight and painful. Muscles constantly aching and stiff. Fatigue and pain off the charts. I would rather manage my occasional flair than try to do this so I am discontinuing. Very disappointed."

Piperdela January 5, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "I've suffered with fibromyalgia for years and this is the most effective treatment so far."

Kellief December 16, 2017

For Fibromyalgia: "Following 6 months of chronic pain and fatigue, I was finally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in September 2017. I'm a 19 year old male. I was bed ridden and felt my life was over. I found the Guaifenesin Protocol after many hours of Google Research. It works exactly as it says. I was completely pain and fatigue free for 3 days after the 4th day of taking it. I spiralled back into it until about a week ago. I am completely pain and fatigue free. I'm getting my life back. Thank goodness for Dr. St. Armand's Protocol. It seriously works!"

Fibrobegone (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2017

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "I took it for about 8 days and when taking the one every 12 hours and plenty of liquids along with Nyquil......I am so much better. Should be good in a few more days!"

Water melon head December 7, 2017