User Reviews for Guaifenesin systemic

Also known as: Actifed CC Chesty Cough, Air Power, Allfen Jr, Altarussin, Altorant, Amibid LA, Anti-Tuss, Aquamist, Balminil Expectorant, Beechams Veno's Expectorant, Beechams Veno's for Kids Chesty Cough, Benadryl Chesty Forte, Benylin E, Bidex-400, Breonesin, Bronchoril, Buckley's Chest Congestion, Calmylin Expectorant, Diabetic Expectorant, Diabetic Tuss, Diabetic Tussin Mucus Relief, Dristan Chesty Cough, Dristan Chesty Cough Guaiphenesin, Drituss G, Duratuss G, Family Meltus Chesty Coughs, Fenesin, Fenesin IR, Fenex-LA, G Bid, Ganidin NR, Genatuss, GG 200 NR, GG-Cen, Glytuss, Gua-SR, Guaiatussin, Guaibid-LA, Guaifen NR, Guaifenesin LA, Guaifenex G, Guaifenex LA, Guiacough, Guiadrine G-1200, Guiatuss, Halotussin, Help I Have Chest Congestion, Hill's Balsam Chesty Cough, Humavent LA, Humibid, Humibid E, Humibid Pediatric, Humigen LA, Hytuss, Iodrol NR, Iofen, Iofen-NF, Iophen NR, Jackson's Extra Strength All Fours, Jackson's The Original All Fours, Junior Meltus Chesty Coughs with Catarrh, Junior Meltus Colour and Sugar Free Expectorant, Kenkay Chesty Cough Eexpectorant, Lemsip Cough Chesty, Liqufruta Garlic Cough Medicine, Liquibid, Liquidbid 1200, Liquidbid LA, Liquituss GG, Lloydspharmacy Expectorant Adult Cough, Lloydspharmacy Expectorant Junior Cough, Lotussin, Mastussin, Mucaplex, Mucinex, Mucinex Children's Chest Congestion, Mucinex for Kids, Mucinex Maximum Strength, Muco-Fen, Muco-Fen 1200, Muco-Fen 800, Muco-Fen LA, Mucobid-LA, Mucus Relief, Mytussin, Naldecon-EX Senior, Nirolex Chesty Cough, Nyal Chesty Cough, Organ-1 NR, Organidin NR, Phanasin, Pharmacist Expectorant, Pneumomist, Q-Bid LA, Q-Tussin, Refenesen Chest Congestion Relief, Respa-GF, Ri-Tussin, Robafen, Robichem, Robitussin Chest Congestion, Robitussin Mucus + Chest Congestion, Scot-Tussin Expectorant, Siltuss DAS, Siltussin, Siltussin DAS, Siltussin DAS-NA, Sinumist, Sorbutuss, Strepsils Chesty Cough, T-Tussin, TabTussin 400, Tixylix Chesty Cough, Touro EX, Tusscidin, Tussin, Tussin Expectorant, Tussin Mucus + Chest Congestion, Xpect …show all brand names

Fibromyalgia

4.5

1 review 150 medications
Summary of Guaifenesin reviews 7.4 195 reviews

Reviews for Guaifenesin

For Cough: "Everytime I have a cold, I get this very bad coughs. I have very "violent" coughs where it comes in episodes. Its ridiculous. I took this and yes it works but for me, it literally calms my coughs down then collects all my mucus together and then I literally starts to vomit. But the vomit is all mucus and phlegm. Its disgusting but it works. I just hate how it collects it all and wait for that moment where you don't want it to happen. Then it happens in the middle of class or work."

Te (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 9, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "My dry cough turned into a wet (mucous) cough, later diagnosed as bronchitis. I was getting very little sleep, and then saw a commercial about Mucinex DM for coughs which is the guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan. I tried it, one tablet every 12 hours. In that first 12 hours, I got relief enabling me to finally sleep well all night. I had no problem with it affecting my sleep like some others experienced in these reviews, but hey may have taken the one with pseudoephridrine which keeps you awake. What I have noticed is that the cough is suppressed until you get close to the 12-hour period, then the cough begins. But it's productive, and mucous is expelled much easier, and then it's over. Then it's time for another pill. I highly recommend this product for coughs."

Grammy (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "Mucinex takes seven hours before it begins to work for me. This is way too long. Too much money for a drug that use to be reliable."

Sunshine (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Cough: "I have had a chronic cough for about 20 yrs. After many tests for asthma, GERD, other lung problems was diagnoised with Neurogenic cough. In other words, they don't know what's causing it. I've tried Amitryptiline and a couple other scripts didn't do much and had horrible side effects. I started using the Mucinex12 hr time release. They calm my cough pretty good. I've been taking them this time about a month and had my bp checked yesterday by a nurse and it was 181/98. We checked it twice with her machine and checked it twice with mine. All four readings were in the 180's/90-100+. Now just a couple months ago my reading was 122/78. That is more normal for me. The Mucinex is one of two changes I have made in my life within the last two months. The other was starting the Keto Diet Sept 24th... Has anyone else experienced problems with their bp after taking Mucinex DX? Maybe I'm not drinking enough water. I don't know, but I'm definitely concerned..."

CJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2018

For Cough: "not worth the money"

Copacetic23 (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "I took 1 tablet at least 5 hours ago. Nothing has happened. This expensive medicine is not doing its job. Was the formula changed? By the way, I took the regular Mucinex-600 mg."

Aggrevated October 27, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchiectasis: "Useless for bronchiectasis"

Goodnight Irene (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 25, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "I would ‘t give this product a single star if I had the choice. I took 2 Mucinex FM capsules at 5pm. I woke at 3am with the worst hives I have ever had over at least half of my body. They were worst on the front of my thighs, the back of my upper arms and my stomach and back. The itch was almost unbearable. I rubbed on Antihisan which helped a little. I even had a couple of welts by my left eye. It was 9am the next day before I was itch free and hive free. It was frightening to have such an adverse reaction, not normal for me at all. The packet of meds has gone into the rubbish bin. Never again!"

Ej (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

For Cough: "I used guaifenesin for mucus relief with a cough. I drank a full bottle of water with it and 30 minutes later ate supper. At 12:30, I woke up with vomiting and severe diarrhea. Blood pressure went sky high (from a normal low). Headache and dizziness. I couldn’t eat for 2 & 1/2 days because of the nausea. Blood pressure went back to normal after 24 hours. I have used other cold medicines and every one would make me at least slightly nauseous. I didn’t know they all contained this ingredient. This seems to be abnormal for this medicine so I think I may be allergic."

Channel1 (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "I was on the Guaifenesin treatment method of Dr St. Amand. After 6 months I could no longer tolerate the pain and exhaustion. Went to another Endocrinologist an discovered I have PanHypopituitarism and the pain and exhaustion was from that. Please make sure you are tested for all possible issues. Note: I also discovered that I should have been paying attention to the pain and not assuming it was just part of the Guaifenesin treatment. This delayed discovering what was truly wrong."

Suzi (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "Found Dr. Amand's website in August, 2000. I was very sick, life was purely awful. At the second year I was definitely getting much better, and at the 4-5 year mark I was me again. I felt brand new."

Doc. (taken for 10 years or more) August 1, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Cough: "I am coughing up of all kinds of mucus and I want to sleep.. that's not going to happen. Wish I never took it."

Bonnie (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "Amazing difference!"

Janice (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "I have used it twice now. And it feels like it makes me worse. I cough so hard that my back and my stomach is now hurting. My cough is so deep and nothing is coming up. It just makes me cough non-atop. However I'm not taking any today I'm also not coughing so I put the two together when you take it it makes you cough unfortunately in my case nothing came up"

Lizzie (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2018

For Bronchitis: "This medication makes my breathing good again. I can breath properly"

tony (taken for 10 years or more) June 19, 2018

For Bronchitis: "I have a blood condition that keeps me in a constant state of allergic reaction and precludes me from using any of the common cold medicines that contain pseudoephedrine (claratin "D" for example) or dextromethorphan (like Robitussin "DM") Guaifenesin seems to work wonderfully so far. Taking two tablets at night with a large glass of water actually allows me to breathe and sleep much better."

Fish April 17, 2018

Mucinex Maximum Strength (guaifenesin) for Cough: "I take an MAOI so I can't use decongestants. I take Mucinex when I start getting a cold or flu. It relieves my cough and congestion, keeps my lungs clear. Yes, it gives me a runny nose but that's what it's supposed to do, thin the mucous so you can get rid of it. My coughs are fewer and those I have are productive. Drinking a lot of water of other liquid is essential. I suspect some of the negative reviews are from folks who didn't drink enough. Personally I would recommend giving it a try, with lots of fluids."

krobin (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Bronchitis: "For everyone that suffers from allergies, I highly recommend this product: Mucinex DM 1200 mg guaifenesin. I'm using the 12 hour extended release tablets, I've had allergies for over 10 years and nothing really worked. I felt dizzy and nauseous at times but then as my body adjusted to it it cleared my years of gunk. Whenever headache comes on drink water, I'm happy to share this because, I've suffered a lot and was not enjoying quality of life, please do try it. God bless."

Nicky (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

For Cough: "Just started. Don't know yet. Flem is very thick especially when I am active."

Steve (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "I read many reviews some positive and some negative. But people need to remember it will work for some and others it won't. In the 80's my allergist prescribed "Guaifenesin" for me. It really was the best for me. Then it was taken off the market for a while. Several months I was looking for something to help me with my congestion and allergies. Found Mucinex and have been using it as needed and I feel great."

Dedee (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "Great results for bronchial congestion /mucus build up."

Deecough (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "Made me worse. Stomach issues and did nothing for my cough and sinus drainage. Would not recommend."

Sheryl S February 25, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "In our home Mucinex is the go to when we start getting sinussy ,mucousy and sickly. It helps fast, glad these products are available! We use the liquid for our 9 year old! And it usually always works! Thank you Mrs. Perez"

SherrieP February 17, 2018

Robitussin Mucus + Chest Congestion (guaifenesin) for Cough: "I had a severe sinus infection that had a lasting deep unproductive cough THE FIRST DOSE MADE A DIFFERENCE..WORKED WELL FOR ME. I would use this again"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Cough: "I had the flu and night coughing was keeping the family from sleeping. I tried everything!! This worked the first night. I noticed it made my throat feel dry & sore. Drink plenty of water."

Melfel February 7, 2018