User Reviews for Guaifenesin

Also known as: Mucinex, Robitussin Chest Congestion, Robafen, Tussin, Humibid, Tussin Expectorant, Sorbutuss, Breonesin, Guaiatussin, Siltussin, Mucus Relief, Mucaplex, Pneumomist, Organ-1 NR, Liquibid, GG 200 NR, Q-Tussin, Diabetic Tuss, Muco-Fen, Strepsils Chesty Cough, Lloydspharmacy Expectorant Adult Cough, Diabetic Tussin Mucus Relief, Organidin NR, Tussin Mucus + Chest Congestion, Benadryl Chesty Forte, G Bid, Touro EX, Ganidin NR, Iofen-NF, Humibid Pediatric, Iodrol NR, Mucinex Children's Chest Congestion, Guaibid-LA, Aquamist, Q-Bid LA, Amibid LA, Mucobid-LA, Guaifenex LA, Fenex-LA, Fenesin, Muco-Fen LA, Muco-Fen 800, Scot-Tussin Expectorant, Guaifenesin LA, Humavent LA, Guiacough, Guiatuss, Lotussin, Glytuss, Altarussin, Anti-Tuss, Diabetic Expectorant, Allfen Jr, Genatuss, Halotussin, Mastussin, Mytussin, Ri-Tussin, Robichem, Siltuss DAS, T-Tussin, Tusscidin, Gua-SR, Humigen LA, Sinumist, Altorant, Duratuss G, Robitussin Mucus + Chest Congestion, Naldecon-EX Senior, Phanasin, Guaifenex G, Iophen NR, GG-Cen, Muco-Fen 1200, Liquidbid LA, Liquidbid 1200, Benylin E, Calmylin Expectorant, Guiadrine G-1200, Siltussin DAS-NA, Balminil Expectorant, Iofen, Drituss G, Beechams Veno's for Kids Chesty Cough, Junior Meltus Colour and Sugar Free Expectorant, Help I Have Chest Congestion, Tixylix Chesty Cough, Xpect, Bidex-400, Humibid E, Fenesin IR, Hill's Balsam Chesty Cough, Jackson's Extra Strength All Fours, Junior Meltus Chesty Coughs with Catarrh, Liqufruta Garlic Cough Medicine, Family Meltus Chesty Coughs, Jackson's The Original All Fours, Beechams Veno's Expectorant, Lemsip Cough Chesty, Respa-GF, Nirolex Chesty Cough, Dristan Chesty Cough, Nyal Chesty Cough, Kenkay Chesty Cough Eexpectorant, Pharmacist Expectorant, Dristan Chesty Cough Guaiphenesin, Mucinex for Kids, Guaifen NR, Buckley's Chest Congestion, Liquituss GG, Lloydspharmacy Expectorant Junior Cough, TabTussin 400, Siltussin DAS, Refenesen Chest Congestion Relief, Bronchoril, Hytuss, Air Power, Mucinex Maximum Strength …show all brand names

Fibromyalgia

1 review 150 medications
Summary of Guaifenesin reviews 7.4 208 reviews

Reviews for Guaifenesin

Tisha · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2019

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Cough: "Worked for me straight after taking 1st tablet."

SS · Taken for less than 1 month July 10, 2019

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Cough: "Took a whole course of these - the whole pack. Not working. I now have bronchitis."

thia June 12, 2019

For Not Listed / Other: "Guaifenesin is a miracle for my sinuses. In 1980, my pharm. professor poo-pooed it as an expectorant: “it doesn’t do anything.” Now, we have higher doses in tablets. I’ve had 2 bad sinus infections a year since my teens, w/antibiotics x2 wks. W/guaifenesin, they are rare. Daughter too. The cause seems to be clogged sinuses, from inflammation? Docs said infections were result of colds, & didn’t treat for 10 days. But we can be fine one day, completely congested the next, after just being outside when weather changes. I even kept her out of fall soccer for 2 yrs to prevent it. Also after trips (airplanes, returning from the east coast, etc). Now, at the first sign of congestion, the guaif. keeps sinuses drained, & no infections! * I prefer the 400 mg tabs- store brand, immediate release/4 hour tabs; I take a few bites to help stomach. *If I take the 12 hour Mucinex brand (the plain, no decongestant in it), I tolerate the 600 mg size fine, not the 1200 mg."

Rocky · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2019

For Fibromyalgia: "I had been experiencing whole body pain for two years. My doctors kept trying to put me on different medications - gabapentin, melodocam, naproxen - you name it, I’ve tried it. However all of them gave me unwanted side effects. So I researched and read everything I could find ran out natural ways to manage or reduce pain. I stumbled upon The Guaifenesin protocol for fibromyalgia and was intrigued. However, it seemed so restrictive that I decided it wasn’t for me. But I felt like it wouldn’t hurt to just buy the Mucinex tablets 600mg (2x a day) extended release. Literally, the first day my pain levels went from a 9 to a 5. Currently it’s barely noticeable now. Also, no side effects!!! I’ve been on it for a month. I also take magnesium citrate supplements as well. You have nothing to lose but to try it and see if it works for you."

Bobcat931 · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2019

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "Have been taking 1200 mg slow release Mucinex (plain guaifenesin) for two weeks and it has helped loosen mucus in my lungs. It does require drinking LOTS of water to be effective. In my case 64 ounces a day. Noticeable difference in breathing and timbre of my voice. All that said, hoping I can stop taking the medicine and simply work on staying hydrated."

Lita · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2019

Robafen (guaifenesin) for Cough: "I was hospitalized with a virus and this was given to me. It was effective but made me very sick and nauseous. When I got home I saw that it contained menthol and wondered. Real Robitussin products do not make me feel sick but this one did and I won’t take it again. Too bad we are at the mercy of hospitals when we are sick and can’t make choices about products we take."

Cheryjoy · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2019

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "I’m a second-grade teacher and have had an exhausting case of bronchitis for four months now. Many of those loveable little petri dishes I teach have been sick too. This week I’m much worse with very painful throat and ear pain and congestion. Went to dr. yesterday feeling like I’ll do anything to get better! So amoxicillin for ear and throat, two shots of I don’t know what in the backside, Mucinex for the thick nasty phlegm, and Flonase, Claritin, and Zyrtec to alternate. Best thing—- the cough is finally actually bringing the stuff up about 6 hours after taking a 12-hour Mucinex. And lots draining out the nose too. I’ve never tried it before but it’s sure working. All that yuk is finally getting out of there!"

GeekyMom March 17, 2019

For Cough: "Smells like wet dog hair and tastes horrible, but guaifenesin works like a miracle for my cough!"

Daphne · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2019

For Cough: "I hate most cold medicine because it makes me feel loopy. Guaifenesin is amazing in its simplicity. It loosens up the mucus, and that’s it. You know that feeling toward the middle-end of a cold where you’re drowning in mucus? THAT is what this drug is for, and I love it. You can get it in combo-cold-medicine pills that do more things, but I’m all about the pure Guaifenesin for mucus relief"

Simpson · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2019

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Cough: "Didn’t work, paid 10 dollar. Waste of money sick and ticked."

msakks · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 5, 2019

For Fibromyalgia: "This is a hard one. I have read nearly everything there is to read on Guaifenesin and Dr Anands treatment. I recommend you do the same. Have I improved? Yes, very much, I think... I need to go back and get mapped again. The confusion is the length of time of treatment, and if you are blocking or not. You must journal and map, or over a 6 months you just are not sure of improvement. Some pains are the same but the brain fog is completely gone and I have much more energy. So life still sucks but not as bad as it was six months ago. It it the Guai? I think so??? I hope so? Btw, those of you that gave a 1 star because you felt so tired? Well that is exactly how you were supposed to feel. Oops."

OjaiAngelo · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2019

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "I have read multiple Scientific studies of Mucinex comparing it to placebo. Scientists claim there was zero benefit from Mucinex. Drug is expensive and does not have any clinical test results they can point to about it’s efficaciousness. You are much better off inhaling steam, drinking plenty of fluids, sleeping with a humidifier, and using some kind of prescription bronchodilator like Flovent to keep your lungs from getting tight. In severe cases, you should probably try prednisone in the form of pills or try a bronchodilator. Over the counter medication is a poor substitute for seeing your doctor and take the medicine that actually works!"

Ricky · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 25, 2019

For Fibromyalgia: "Was "mapped" by Dr. R. Paul St. Amand and Dr. Melissa Congdon. Their maps were a little different but both of them diagnosed me as having fibromyalgia. Began the guaifenesin protocol about a year ago. The first capsule worked a little the very first time. That was it. Nothing has improved since then. I still have the same exact problems I've had for years. All I can say is I'm glad I'm not in as much pain as some others on this message board. Was advised to take more which is strange to me because I consume 800mg twice per day."

BA · Taken for less than 1 month January 25, 2019

Mucinex Maximum Strength (guaifenesin) for Cough: "I have been coughing for several weeks. Took cough suppressant and nothing worked. Took Mucinex Dm yesterday and coughing is mostly gone. I feel a lot better."

Te · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 9, 2018

For Cough: "Everytime I have a cold, I get this very bad coughs. I have very "violent" coughs where it comes in episodes. Its ridiculous. I took this and yes it works but for me, it literally calms my coughs down then collects all my mucus together and then I literally starts to vomit. But the vomit is all mucus and phlegm. Its disgusting but it works. I just hate how it collects it all and wait for that moment where you don't want it to happen. Then it happens in the middle of class or work."

Grammy · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "My dry cough turned into a wet (mucous) cough, later diagnosed as bronchitis. I was getting very little sleep, and then saw a commercial about Mucinex DM for coughs which is the guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan. I tried it, one tablet every 12 hours. In that first 12 hours, I got relief enabling me to finally sleep well all night. I had no problem with it affecting my sleep like some others experienced in these reviews, but hey may have taken the one with pseudoephridrine which keeps you awake. What I have noticed is that the cough is suppressed until you get close to the 12-hour period, then the cough begins. But it's productive, and mucous is expelled much easier, and then it's over. Then it's time for another pill. I highly recommend this product for coughs."

Sunshine · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 16, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "Mucinex takes seven hours before it begins to work for me. This is way too long. Too much money for a drug that use to be reliable."

CJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 15, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Cough: "I have had a chronic cough for about 20 yrs. After many tests for asthma, GERD, other lung problems was diagnoised with Neurogenic cough. In other words, they don't know what's causing it. I've tried Amitryptiline and a couple other scripts didn't do much and had horrible side effects. I started using the Mucinex12 hr time release. They calm my cough pretty good. I've been taking them this time about a month and had my bp checked yesterday by a nurse and it was 181/98. We checked it twice with her machine and checked it twice with mine. All four readings were in the 180's/90-100+. Now just a couple months ago my reading was 122/78. That is more normal for me. The Mucinex is one of two changes I have made in my life within the last two months. The other was starting the Keto Diet Sept 24th... Has anyone else experienced problems with their bp after taking Mucinex DX? Maybe I'm not drinking enough water. I don't know, but I'm definitely concerned..."

Copacetic23 · Taken for less than 1 month November 5, 2018

For Cough: "not worth the money"

Aggrevated October 27, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "I took 1 tablet at least 5 hours ago. Nothing has happened. This expensive medicine is not doing its job. Was the formula changed? By the way, I took the regular Mucinex-600 mg."

Goodnight Irene · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 25, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchiectasis: "Useless for bronchiectasis"

Ej · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2018

Mucinex (guaifenesin) for Bronchitis: "I would ‘t give this product a single star if I had the choice. I took 2 Mucinex FM capsules at 5pm. I woke at 3am with the worst hives I have ever had over at least half of my body. They were worst on the front of my thighs, the back of my upper arms and my stomach and back. The itch was almost unbearable. I rubbed on Antihisan which helped a little. I even had a couple of welts by my left eye. It was 9am the next day before I was itch free and hive free. It was frightening to have such an adverse reaction, not normal for me at all. The packet of meds has gone into the rubbish bin. Never again!"

Channel1 · Taken for less than 1 month August 31, 2018

For Cough: "I used guaifenesin for mucus relief with a cough. I drank a full bottle of water with it and 30 minutes later ate supper. At 12:30, I woke up with vomiting and severe diarrhea. Blood pressure went sky high (from a normal low). Headache and dizziness. I couldn’t eat for 2 & 1/2 days because of the nausea. Blood pressure went back to normal after 24 hours. I have used other cold medicines and every one would make me at least slightly nauseous. I didn’t know they all contained this ingredient. This seems to be abnormal for this medicine so I think I may be allergic."

Suzi · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 29, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "I was on the Guaifenesin treatment method of Dr St. Amand. After 6 months I could no longer tolerate the pain and exhaustion. Went to another Endocrinologist an discovered I have PanHypopituitarism and the pain and exhaustion was from that. Please make sure you are tested for all possible issues. Note: I also discovered that I should have been paying attention to the pain and not assuming it was just part of the Guaifenesin treatment. This delayed discovering what was truly wrong."

Doc. · Taken for 10 years or more August 1, 2018

For Fibromyalgia: "Found Dr. Amand's website in August, 2000. I was very sick, life was purely awful. At the second year I was definitely getting much better, and at the 4-5 year mark I was me again. I felt brand new."