User Reviews for Erythromycin to treat Upper Respiratory Tract Infection

Also known as: Erythrocin, EryPed, E-Mycin, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin Stearate Filmtab, Wyamycin S, Erythrocin Lactobionate, PCE Dispertab, E.E.S. Granules, E.E.S.-200, E.E.S.-400, E.E.S.-400 Filmtab Erythrocot Eryc …show all brand names

Erythromycin has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Upper Respiratory Tract Infection. 78% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 22% reported a negative effect.

Erythromycin Rating Summary

7.6/10 average rating

Compare all 598 medications used in the treatment of Upper Respiratory Tract Infection.

Little Ms Moffat November 15, 2009

“I was prescribed this medication as I have a chest infection. I had a really bad cough for around 3 weeks, after 2 days of taking this my cough was so much better. EXCEPT that around the same time my cough signifigantly improved, I felt so nauseous.”

Anonymous November 20, 2008

“I was prescribed to take the medication for sinus, inner ear, and chest infection. It made me terribly sick, so I stopped taking it. I know you're not supposed to stop and start, but I did three times. The most recent was after a medic on the set told me to eat yogurt and the sickness would subside. He said it was something in the bioflavins that helped with the nausea. My entire body felt great once I stayed on the medication as prescribed. Take care!”

Jude123 March 26, 2016

“This antibiotic is the best, hands down. The Z pack doesn't even come close to this. I take this when I get really bad sinus infections that go into my chest and I start feeling better within a couple days. I specifically ask my doctor for this when I get sick because it's the one that really works.”

Big M October 16, 2009

“I have been diagnosed with COPD and IBS and Acid Reflux unfortunately, and I also had developed a chest infection on Monday. My Doctor prescribed ERYTHROMYCIN 200 mg TABLETS. This is Friday and I feel a lot lot better. Thank you very much for this discovery.”

Lukeclem · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2017

“I was prescribed this drug after a chest infection had returned an the initial antibiotics had not 100% worked. Within a day I had gotten a lot worse, and began passing out and ended up in hospital for 6 hours. They informed me that this drug was not always reliable and they had a woman in the ward for 6 weeks due to her taking these for 3 days. Reluctantly I came off this drug and went back onto a longer dosage of my initial antibiotics. Needless to say I got a lot better quickly, and the infection had disappeared within a week.”

Lynda McEachran · Taken for less than 1 month July 16, 2016

“I am taking LOFEPRAMINE and PERICYAZINE for mental health issues, and found that ERYTHROMYCIN , wiped out my mental health meds. It was as if I was not taking them, and I must now , NOT take Erythromycin or any other MACROLIDES, this is the group of meds that Erythromycin belongs to. I found it hard to believe that an anti-biotic could cause such profound effects. I hope this review helps other people with m.h.issues. If in doubt Google it.”

rmeav8r1 · Taken for less than 1 month December 11, 2014

E.E.S.-400 (erythromycin): “Almost immediate relief within 24 - 48 hours for moderate to severe sinus infections. I have experienced a temporary hearing loss that may be a side-effect.”