User Reviews for Bactrim

Learn more about Bactrim.

Acne 58 reviews 523 medications

Prostatitis 5 reviews 46 medications

2.2
Summary of Bactrim reviews 211 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Bactrim

For Acne "I was struggling with really bad cystic hormonal acne and frequent white heads. I looked horrible and felt depressed inside. I couldn't look anyone in the eyes. Acne has really sunked my self esteem. When I was on this for a week.. let me just say.. This works!! (For me) I tried everything there is.. Proactiv, antibiotics, eating better, going to a naturalist. This pill, in 2-3months, cleared my acne. It was like a miracle. I'm so thankful for it and it only costs me $8. It saved my life basically!!"

Xellie July 18, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "PA gave me this drug took the pain away but left me with diarrhea the first day. The second day I took my dose, afterwards I got weak and lightheaded and could not eat. I called the office and they said I could discontinue use if I wanted to so I did."

Nhhhh23 July 18, 2016

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Currently on day 3 of a 10 day antibiotic blast of Bactrim after 2 days on Keflex. What I had originally thought was a pimple on my septum just inside my right nostril turned out to be a staph infection. I had lances the "pimple" when it came to a head, thinking it would provide relief, however the infection spread across my nares and over the tip of my nose overnight. Went to urgent care as I instantly suspected staph as the culprit and was prescribed Keflex and Bactroban topical until my follow up with my PCP. Infection showed moderate improvement at my follow up, but was then prescribed Bactrim. Within 24 hours the itch and swelling had completely subsided. By 48 hours the sores were cluster-scabbing, and today they're falling off!"

Aclyesia (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2016

For Acne "This medication DID work, but unfortunately after only one week i was one of the unlucky few who found out they were allergic. I broke out in a rash ALL OVER my body. I stopped immediately. It sucks cause it was making my skin kinda glowy. But its not worth it if your allergic. If your not, then it would probably be perfect."

HavenHolllows June 30, 2016

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Though it did cure the abscess in my ear, it caused severe (I mean SEVERE) muscle/bone pain in my legs, abdomen, and diaphragm. Later side effects were numbness with shooting pain in my left side leg and arm. I can barely walk. I had never taken Bacrtim before (sulfonamide). I was also on cephilexin but I do not believe that was the problem because I've taken that without issues. Please think twice before you take Bactrim. For me, the benefits certainly did not outweigh the risks. For now, I've lost my quality of life."

ItDoesntMatter (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Prescribed Bactrim for a UTI. One hour after first dose I was in bed with excruciating leg pain. Migrain and nausea followed. Leg pain lasted for 12 hours. Should have went to the ER."

Bad experience June 20, 2016

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Went to the hospital for a migraine - come to find my body was toxic and had an internal infection throughout. Doctor prescribed Bactrim and by itself with no aspirin it got rid of the headache. Apparently it does the job, does it well and does it fast for ME."

Laura D.... (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "My experience was horrible!!!!!! Perscribed 2 pills a day for 3 days. After the last pill, I started feeling strange and had servere headaches from the time I started taking it until a week later. I didn't think much of it until I went home from work and didn't leave the couch. I had no appetite, constipated, sweating and chills, I wanted to puke, my eyes hurt so bad. Couldn't shake whatever was going on and drank as much water as possible. My body was sore I slept almost an entire weekend away. I can't tell if my UTi is completely gone or not because I'm still constipated and it hurts! I've never had an antibiotic like this and I never want it again! All my doc told me was to keep pushing fluids and eat yogurt. Good luck people."

Anonymous June 8, 2016

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Day 3 on BACTRIM due to MRSA. Abscess was lanced and drained 5 days ago. Swelling/Pain of the abscess has finally begun remission. I did suffer from the reported migraine headache all day yesterday and it was quite debilitating, but no such headache today and I'm finally back at work. Also suffered from some seriously painful abdominal cramps that produced very loose/watery stool. Not much of an appetite today and feeling a little shaky so make sure you eat even if you don't want to. This drug is definitely very effective for treatment of MRSA. If the migraines were constant as others described I wouldn't not be back at work today. All my best wishes to everyone reading this."

irairainthegrass June 3, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "So I am on day 2 out of 5. First day was awful, 20 mins after my first dose I started getting extremely itchy on my throat, neck, and face; my bottom lip flared up and I got really nauseous. I turned the fan on, drank a bunch of water and lied down.I was going to discontinue it but after a good hour all my symptoms went down. I decided to try it again this morning and i'm feeling fine! Still a little burning when I urinate but it is so much better now. Hoping this will work."

Luna Clays June 1, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Never again, first 10'days macrobid. Still had infection. Put me on bactrim. I was so sick after day 5. I missed 7 days of work, I think 10 days was to much. Had loose poop, neasea every day, dizzy, loss 7 lbs in 7 days and the worst was the dry eyes and mouth. I felt like poo. I thought I would end up in hospital. It even made me depressed! Never again!"

myuti (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I am the type of person who is sensitive to chemicals, smells, sounds, etc. I rarely need meds and recently had to take bactrim ds for five days due to a UTI. I was sooo nervous about taking it. I was convinced I would be allergic to it, or at least have side affects. Well, all that worrying was for nothing. I took it as prescribed for five days with no problem at all! I hope you do well on it too if you need it!"

Patun1a (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I put my self on Bactrim thanks to the internet, 3 or 4 years hematuria,dr, say mild infection ok keflix.,Cipro.macrodantin.rucefin,not sure of spelling none worked. Bactrim seems to have nailed but will wait and see, took for 12 days no side effect at all. old school is better,than the new all all purpose meds , here's hoping"

wright 1 April 14, 2016

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Had cut my foot at a beach and was prescribed Bactrim, got the chills and chattering teeth, told to continue and next day had severe diahareea and vomiting at same time hospitalized for several days, body bloated to twice my normal size, near died, would never take a sulphur drug again especially Bactrim."

lolo28 April 11, 2016

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I was given Bactrim for vestibulitis, and a sinus infection, and bronchitis. The medicine was hardly effective. I just finished it. While on it all of my symptoms got worse and I had severe headaches and neck stiffness and I was so tired all day. I tried dealing with the side effects because I wasn't sure if it was the medicine or just being sick. Went back to my doctor today and because I'm not better he switched me to azothromycin and gave me some steroids for my energy levels. This medicine was awful. By the 7th day I was smelling and tasting the medicine all day. Really, I could've dealt with the side effects if the medicine helped me but it did not."

Csmien April 6, 2016

For Acne "I could tell it was working within 24 hours of taking it. Just be sure to eat with every dose, it's hard on the stomach!"

Laynepecv April 2, 2016

For Bacterial Skin Infection "My daughter had a small red angry looking flea bite, or so we thought. We tried to draw it out with hot compress. NO go. Went to Urgent Care the next day. Was given Bacrim 800+160. That was a Saturday. Wound was 1 times worse the next day. Went to ER. Was told NOT to use hot compress but keep taking the Bactrim. Today is Tuesday. Taking this medication doesnt seem to be doing much. She is red, imflammed badly, full of nastyness and pain. Using crutches as this is on her lower leg. Seeing surgeon in 2 days because the infection is now to deep. She is in tons of pain. Thankfully there is no fever as of yet but infection is looking more and more like MRSA. Scary stuff on an 18 year old who is constantly keeping herself clean."

Still on the Fence on this one (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2016

For Sinusitis "Taking 2 pills twice a day everyday something new for a side effect , great way to loose weight . Don't feel like eating at all I do is keep my self hydrated with fluids to thin the phlegm so I can cough it loose and get the rest out of my system. Can't wait till I can stop taking it . Also think it's shredding my red blood cells feel tired and sometimes dizzy and weak"

Popcorn dutton February 21, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Bactrim doesn't seem to help, have a UTI and Dr put me on Bactrim, even after I told him it didn't work for me in the past. Been on it for a week and I can barely urinate. (Cipro has worked well for me). Now the Dr. wants me to make another office visit, because he gave me an antibiotic that I told him has not worked for me in the past. I asked him to call in a script for Cipro, he won't. He is convinced that if Bactrim didn't work, I need another visit. So now I have to pay for another visit. I almost always test negative for UTI, which makes me wonder how inclusive their culture test is. Anyway, ask for Cipro if Bactrim doesn't work."

not cured February 20, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "They prescribed bactrim to me, worst thing ever ended up in the hospital body Aches , fever , insomnia ... & went to hospital ended up with a low blood count ran all kinds of tests it was just awful I will never take this again & it's been about a month & I'm still not 100% better I will never take this ever again!"

Desti (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

For Acne "I tried almost every topical an acne sufferer can get from drug stores, from natural to other kinds of drugs for acne, but none ever worked. My acne is moderate to severe type of acne. I am not saying that this medicine will work for you same way it does for me, but you should consider it when you talk to your Doctor. I've been taking this medicine for over a year now and I can't be any more clearer. I used to get tiny whiteheads all over my face, like when I try to pinch my skin, you can squeeze them out like small pieces of oil that became oxidized and yellow. Before I got this medicine, almost every day of my life I'd have to deal with new bumps just after one healed. My face is scarred, but this is the best one I have tried ever."

Leonardel February 8, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I'm currently on bactrim, first day taking the medication and I saw an immediate difference. My Uti's are horrible, I'm normally awaken from my sleep, as they hurt that bad. I'm up for hours on hours sitting on the toilet due to the urge. Bactrim is helping this a lot. Also I see a lot of people are feeling sick while taking this medicine, my doctor recommends that I take the medicine with food, hope this helps you guys in the future if you're experiencing sickness."

Jai Lee (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2016

For Bronchitis "My doctors would always give me amoxicillin. It never did anything. I use to have a bad bronchitis every winter. I had one that lasted months. My sputum turned deep brown, my middle ears were so infected I could barely hear. And I was not a smoker then. I called my ENT office off hours. I got another doctor on the call. He was older and very thorough in trying to diagnose over the phone. He said lets try a real old drug. It was Sulfa not the combo Bactrim. He called the pharmacy. A friend picked it up. the pil was huge. I broke it in three pieces to get down with lots of water. Tthe next day was like a miracle, I felt so much better. It seems Sulfa is all around gold standard antibiotic for me for any infection"

ymous_anon January 21, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I had a uti for about a month. I was on Cipro for 10 days and Bactrim for 10 days. I went for a urinalysis and was prescribed Bactrim. I have only been taking it for 3 days and am already starting to feel way better. The only downside is that I've noticed that my urine is very smelly and brightly colored. I'm hoping that I feel back to my normal self within the next few days."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Made me very sick"

Tee Lee (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2016