User Reviews for Bactrim

Prostatitis

Infection ProphylaxisNot rated - Be the first1 review 24 medications
Summary of Bactrim reviews 6.1 353 reviews

Reviews for Bactrim

For Urinary Tract Infection "Excellent, took bactrim twice a day for 5 days with no side effects, worked quickly for a very painful and lingering UTI that nitrofurantoin (Macrobid) failed to cure."

Sesa (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2019

For Bacterial Skin Infection "It's 1 in the morning and I am still having breathing problems after being rushed to the hospital due to an allergy to bactrim. They gave me an EpiPen its been 2 hours and I am still having trouble breathing. I'm very young and healthy and something like this never happened to me before. I'm very scared and worried that taking this medicine has given me even worse problems. Has anyone else had this experience?"

Sad:( (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2019

For Bacterial Infection "I was given a three day supply of bactrim for my post vasectomy recovery. I've just finished the second of two days and so far so good. One side effect though, and it may be an accidental benefit, it's cleaning me out- in fact everything feels better and things are more normal in consistency. I haven't increased or changed my diet in the last few days, just increased output and I feel better overall."

Ruxin (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2019

For Bacterial Skin Infection "My husband was prescribed Bactrim in late April 2009 for what the dr thought was MRSA. Results came back negative and was told to continue taking it. 4-7 days into his antibiotic and his gums bled after brushing his teeth...then his hands turned purple from pushing the lawn mower and under his arms he had petechiae. He was bleeding internally and he had a platelet count of 1,000 (he was very close to death and we didn't know it). The bactrim had caused the low platelet count which means the blood can't clot. He had to have 2 transfusions and then caught Meningitis as well. Bactrim is a very strong antibiotic; use with caution."

AprilMay (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection "Prescribed bactrim at clinic for suspected UTI. 3 pills later - swallowing and throat issues which lasted a couple of months, digestions problems, loss of appetite and weight, horrible anxiety for 4 months, just lessening now at 5 months. Horrible med for me. Never again. Makes me never want to take another med."

Catsmeow (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was given bactrim for a UTI and it didn't help me at all. I had some side effects but nothing major but for the UTI it didn't work at all."

TwistedRose (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2019

"So, I've been taking bactrim for close to 15 years now. I take it to help with severe skin pain. 25 years ago I started to have severe skin pain, rashes, along with achy body all over. I've been to well over 100 doctors, I've had every blood test imaginable. Always normal test results. I take lyrica and cymbalta which helps some with the skin pain. 15 years ago I developed a rash in the groin area, doctor put me on Bactrim, almost immediately my total body skin pain started to subside and the always achy body feeling went away. My rash cleared up, however as soon, as I stopped the bactrim, my never ending skin pain returned. So, doctor suggested I try taking a bit longer 30 days. My skin pain and achy body is drastically reduced as soon bactrim is started. All pain returns when bactrim is stopped. So on bactrim for 15 years. My body and skin feel almost normal when on bactrim. No bad side effects."

Eagles Football (taken for 10 years or more) March 2, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection "Today was day 6/7, and I’m finally feeling a big difference. Even though the burning went away around day 4, I felt pressure in the tissues because they were swollen. I called the doctor early on asking why it wasn’t working. She told me to wait and finish the pills, since I wasn’t allergic. These antibiotics worked super slow for me, unlike others in the past that start working the next day. The worst side effect it gave me was fatigue. I wanted to sleep all the time. I’m going to finish them tomorrow, and start taking D-mannose everyday so it doesn’t reoccur, just so I don’t have to take antibiotics again."

Misha (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2019

For Acne "I had clear skin until 22 when I broke out with severe acne that bled while I was sleeping and constant pimples popping on my face. It was the most terrifying and most embarrassing time in my life. Dermatologist IMMEDIATELY wanted me on accutane, but suffered a severe side effect. I did my own research and asked to be prescribed Bactrim. After being on this drug now for 6 years my severe acne has almost been reduced to zero.. but some body acne here and there, but this drug has been a miracle.."

JnMn77 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 18, 2019

For Kidney Infections "Am presently using bactrim for a kidney infection. Prescribed for 10 days 2 per day. After 3 days I already feel great. No side effects at all. Totally satisfied."

topmom (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have been taking this med twice per day for the past 3 days with no adverse side effects so far. My UTI symptoms have greatly diminished."

Callie33021 (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection "Not to bad over all . Kind of strong but seems to make me feel better , minus the cold sweats and nausea ."

Cris January 27, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection "Was given Bactrim for my UTI. Read online reviews and was terrified of taking it, especially since I had a severe allergic reaction to Cipro years ago. Literally nothing happened. Some mild stomach issues, a small headache here and there and tons of anxiety (my own doing) but it went pretty well. Symptoms of UTI went away in a day or less. Don't read reviews...you don't know other people's bodies and what conditions they have that contribute to their side effects."

UseYourJudgement (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2019

For Kidney Infections "Horrible medication. Vomiting, skin rash --headache-- joint pain. Can barely get off toilet knees hurt so bad Sore throat. I was ok until I took 1 pill. I'm worse from taking it. Should be classified as poison not medication."

Sb (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2019

For Acne "I have had severe acne since I was 10 (I’m 35 now). I have very oily skin, & get cystic acne usually around the time of my period. I also have blackheads & small breakouts occasionally. I’ve tried every Rx out there, including Accutane once in my 20’s & again in my 30’s. It’s very effective but unfortunately it’s not a complete cure for me. When my cystic acne flares up I use Bactrim and it’s amazing!! It clears my skin right up. It does have a very drying effect (which is fine since I’m so oily!) but it makes my lips chapped too. I only use it for 7-10 days a month. If I use it longer than that my lips start to peel & crack. So I take a break & use it at the first sign of trouble. It’s worth noting that I’ve tried doxycycline & minocycline with no results besides an upset stomach. So if you are considering taking Bactrim, do it! I use it with Retin-A."

KMC (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed to take two pills daily for 7 days for a UTI. Took as directed with plenty of water for a few days with no problem, and my UTI symptoms cleared up. However, I’m on the fourth day and the side effects have really begun to set it. I have constant fatigue (so much so that I almost fainted in the shower and get tired from just standing), severe headache, dizziness, ringing in my ears, and joint pain. All I can really do is lay in bed and drink lots of water because doing anything else makes me feel very ill. I’m extremely sensitive to minocycline, but didn’t expect to have such bad side effects from Bactrim, considering they’re a totally different class of drug. Seems to be effective at treating my UTI but unfortunately the side effects aren’t worth it."

Mic (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection "Like many others who have shared their experience with this awful medicine, I had a horrific time with it. Horrible indigestion, headache and anxiety like I’ve never had before. Never again!!!"

KATO (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed a 5 day course of Bactrim to get rid of a UTI. Giving it a 5 rating because it worked, but I have been so sick since taking it. I have flu-like symptoms, chills, sweating, dizziness and severe nausea. Tylenol helps with the head and body aches. I took my last dose yesterday and still feel like garbage. Hope it gets better soon."

Bgirl (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2018

For Acne "Bactrim is a miracle. No Joke. I have suffered from acne since puberty and doctors put me on topicals and all the "cyclins" even birth control didn't work. The dermatologist was about to put me on accutane, which I really didn't want to do, so I went to another dermatologist who prescribed me Bactrim. Within two weeks on Bactrim, I was clear and my skin was glowing and soft."

yup (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 18, 2018

For Acne "I've struggled with hormonal acne for years and years...this is the ONLY medication that has cleared up my face! I forgot what it was like to have a pimple while I was on this medicine for almost 2 years... I was on it too long though and it caused major side effects and I ended up in the hospital because of it. It's a miracle pill, but be careful how long you use it!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 3, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Today was my first day taking it for a UTI which I feel as if it went away. It’s only been about an hour and I do not feel well at all. I’m dizzy and drowziness and everything. Cold sweats , it’s like my whole body is just weak. I can’t take it. It throws me into an anxiety attack. It’s like taking this medicine makes everything worse."

Tgladden November 14, 2018

For Kidney Infections "I went to the ER and was diagnosed with a severe kidney infection. I was prescribed with Bactrim 2 a day for 10 days I’m on day 6 and I’ve felt some nausea, headaches, and mild body aches and I’ve been very sleepy BUT as far as the pain from my kidney and chills etc I feel A LOT better !! I didn’t have any allergic reactions"

Ckrus (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

For Acne "Contrary to what the reviews say here, my acne did not improve at all on Bactrim. Not in the slightest. And my acne was of mild to moderate severity. On the positive side, it costs pennies--around $10 per month without insurance."

George (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "So glad I visited and read all these reviews. I thought I was going mad! I'm halfway through a 5 day x 2 a day script and feel just awful - fevers then freezing cold, aches, pains and dull headache and the nausea and reflux is like being pregnant (except I'm menopausal!). Hopefully the UTI is ebbing and like others, I can't wait to stop taking it in a couple of days."

Jamo (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed this for a UTI, after my doctor told me that the Macrobid I was prescribed earlier was resistant to the infection. After three days, I felt hardly any pain. By the fifth day, pain was all gone. The only thing that I wasn't prepared for, is that it made me really gassy. Other than that, I experienced no side effects."

cmb (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2018