User Reviews for Bactrim

Learn more about Bactrim.

Bactrim Rating Summary

5.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 244 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Bactrim to treat Sinusitis

"I've been plagued with UTI's my entire adult life and Bactrim was my go to drug. I got a sinus infection 2 weeks ago and Dr said take Bactrim. My tongue swelled up and sores developed on it, that was AWFUL! I've never had any reaction before. I'm really disappointed because it's always been my go to."

Cyneburh March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had a severe reaction to Bactrim multiple times and only just recently put it together. According to my doctor, Bactrim has a super rare side effect in which it can cause drug-induced meningitis. I was prescribed Bactrim last month for a sinus infection and after a single dose was extremely ill and ended up hospitalized with viral meningitis. My intracranial pressure that was read with the spinal tap was 62 and normal readings are under 20. This was the third time I have taken Bactrim and the reactions increased in severity with each incident."

Shell1010 March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed this medication for ten days after two recent bouts with a sinus infection that never seemed to clear. This did the trick. I was thirsty and somewhat restless but had none of the major possible side effects that the doctor warned me about."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Taking 2 pills twice a day everyday something new for a side effect , great way to loose weight . Don't feel like eating at all I do is keep my self hydrated with fluids to thin the phlegm so I can cough it loose and get the rest out of my system. Can't wait till I can stop taking it . Also think it's shredding my red blood cells feel tired and sometimes dizzy and weak"

Popcorn dutton February 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Yeah, did this for seven days. Just got out of the hospital after a full body rash (including feet, hands a face, required them to put me on iv antibiotics for two days). Fun times"

In hell (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"At first, I found myself with more energy and simply lost my appetite, which didn't bother me. Then, the second day, I suffered nausea and vomiting. I discontinued the medicine on the second day, but the nausea and vomiting continue."

quickdigits (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My body responds to sulfur products. After two days on Bactrim I noticed a difference. By the 4th day I was back to myself. It really helped me."

Fuss box (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking Bactrim for sinusitis around a week. I have developed painful sores on my tongue that are not visible to the eye. My mouth itches and burns terribly. It worked for my underlining condition but this side effect is unbearable."

Meggy 5000 March 8, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Took one dose of Bactrim for sinusitis/bronchitis and 3 hours later face was red. 1 hour following, my face, arms and hands broke out into hives. Had to discontinue and call doc."

shellierh November 15, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Great antibiotic, cleared away my sinusitis, however been an insomniac for the past couple of days."

Anonymous August 30, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was given the generic Bactrim for a sinus infection. After 4 days, I couldn't stop vomiting and having diarrhea for 3 days. Almost went to the hospital. It seemed to be making me feel better until the side effects kicked in. I had to stop the medication."

Anonymous February 4, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was prescribed Bactrim for combination of sinusitis and a urinary tract infection. After two pills I got a yeast infection. Not sure the medication is working to make me feel better or not."

itchmonster May 3, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Horrible headache and stomach ache. Had to discontinue."

Anonymous February 3, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After three days of perscribed use of the generic bactrim, my headaches and nasal discharge have decrease dramatically. Side Effects, insomnia (reason I am writing this review), pain in jaw and throat if not taken with ample water."

Cigma July 14, 2008