User Reviews for Bactrim to treat Sinusitis

Bactrim has an average rating of 4.6 out of 10 from a total of 18 ratings for the treatment of Sinusitis. 33% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Bactrim Rating Summary

4.6/10 average rating

Compare all 173 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Bactrim

Thankful · Taken for less than 1 month December 30, 2019

“Bactrim for yearly sinus infection related to fall allergies works every time. Three days and inflammation and pressure subsiding. Yes some nausea and need to follow up for yeast afterwards. Drink lots of water. Best antibiotic for me since I’m allergic to penicillin and it’s relatives.”

Cigma July 14, 2008

“After three days of perscribed use of the generic bactrim, my headaches and nasal discharge have decrease dramatically. Side Effects, insomnia (reason I am writing this review), pain in jaw and throat if not taken with ample water.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 18, 2017

“I was prescribed this medication for ten days after two recent bouts with a sinus infection that never seemed to clear. This did the trick. I was thirsty and somewhat restless but had none of the major possible side effects that the doctor warned me about.”

Sick of Being Sick · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2018

“I have a severe sinus infection that been lasting on and off for months. Dr put me on Bactrum for 15 days. I'm on day 12 with zero improvement. Actually I'm worse. No voice, face hurts, throat swollen, glands swollen. I feel the pill isn't do anything at all.”

Deana · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2020

“I took this as my 3rd round of antibiotics for Sinusitis. After taking bactrim for 4 days l have been having horrible hives and rashes. I am literally wanting to itch my skin off its so bad. Took 2 Benadryl and l have stopped taking this rubbish. Definitely calling my doctor about these horrible side effects.”

Popcorn dutton February 21, 2016

“Taking 2 pills twice a day everyday something new for a side effect , great way to loose weight . Don't feel like eating at all I do is keep my self hydrated with fluids to thin the phlegm so I can cough it loose and get the rest out of my system. Can't wait till I can stop taking it . Also think it's shredding my red blood cells feel tired and sometimes dizzy and weak”

Sinus Man · Taken for less than 1 month January 3, 2020

“Very slow results or sinusitis. Day 5 I was slightly improved, productive cough. Day 10 my green gunk had just disappeared, still coughing and clear phlegm. Day 11 green came back. Went and got a z pack. Already feel better the same day.”

Anonymous February 4, 2010

“I was given the generic Bactrim for a sinus infection. After 4 days, I couldn't stop vomiting and having diarrhea for 3 days. Almost went to the hospital. It seemed to be making me feel better until the side effects kicked in. I had to stop the medication.”

Meggy 5000 March 8, 2014

“I have been taking Bactrim for sinusitis around a week. I have developed painful sores on my tongue that are not visible to the eye. My mouth itches and burns terribly. It worked for my underlining condition but this side effect is unbearable.”

Cyneburh March 23, 2017

“I've been plagued with UTI's my entire adult life and Bactrim was my go to drug. I got a sinus infection 2 weeks ago and Dr said take Bactrim. My tongue swelled up and sores developed on it, that was AWFUL! I've never had any reaction before. I'm really disappointed because it's always been my go to.”

Shell1010 March 8, 2017

“I have had a severe reaction to Bactrim multiple times and only just recently put it together. According to my doctor, Bactrim has a super rare side effect in which it can cause drug-induced meningitis. I was prescribed Bactrim last month for a sinus infection and after a single dose was extremely ill and ended up hospitalized with viral meningitis. My intracranial pressure that was read with the spinal tap was 62 and normal readings are under 20. This was the third time I have taken Bactrim and the reactions increased in severity with each incident.”

quickdigits · Taken for less than 1 month April 16, 2015

“At first, I found myself with more energy and simply lost my appetite, which didn't bother me. Then, the second day, I suffered nausea and vomiting. I discontinued the medicine on the second day, but the nausea and vomiting continue.”

Fuss box · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2014

“My body responds to sulfur products. After two days on Bactrim I noticed a difference. By the 4th day I was back to myself. It really helped me.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 5, 2020

“If you are talking bactrim, you need to be on probiotics so you don't get cramps and nausea. It works”

Anonymous August 30, 2011

“Great antibiotic, cleared away my sinusitis, however been an insomniac for the past couple of days.”

Anonymous February 3, 2009

“Horrible headache and stomach ache. Had to discontinue.”

itchmonster May 3, 2009

“Was prescribed Bactrim for combination of sinusitis and a urinary tract infection. After two pills I got a yeast infection. Not sure the medication is working to make me feel better or not.”

shellierh November 15, 2013

“Took one dose of Bactrim for sinusitis/bronchitis and 3 hours later face was red. 1 hour following, my face, arms and hands broke out into hives. Had to discontinue and call doc.”

In hell · Taken for less than 1 month December 3, 2015

“Yeah, did this for seven days. Just got out of the hospital after a full body rash (including feet, hands a face, required them to put me on iv antibiotics for two days). Fun times”

Learn more about Sinusitis