User Reviews for SMZ-TMP DS

Learn more about SMZ-TMP DS.

Acne 2 reviews 523 medications

Upper Respiratory Tract Infection 1 reviews 118 medications

Prostatitis 2 reviews 46 medications

Urinary Tract Infection 5 reviews 182 medications

5.4
Sinusitis 2 reviews 248 medications

Summary of SMZ-TMP DS reviews 12 reviews 6.7

Reviews for SMZ-TMP DS

For Prostatitis "I was originally prescribed Cipro to treat my prostatitis. After 6 days Cipro proved ineffective for the particular bacteria I had. Switched to SMZ-TMP in addition to Flomax and already feel relief on day 2. SMZ-TMP was free at my local Publix. I would have given it a 10 if I wasn't taking it in combination with Flomax (which is also having positive results)."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2016

For Sinusitis "Severe diarrhea, severe nausea and vomiting after 2 doses."

Susan C. April 10, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "After the 5th pill side effects were horrendous. Slight right side facial weekness, shaking, confused and nearly paralyzed from the right shoulder thru my neck. I asked the pharmacists if there was anything I should know before taking this drug, he told me no."

Side effect October 23, 2015

For Prostatitis "I took this for prostatitis last year and I'm on it for the same thing again this year. Last time i was on it, it helped the infection but the infection did not completely go away, and I had to go on a different antibiotic. I have had a tough time getting a good night of sleep since I started taking it. I wake up many times a night and lay awake in bed quite often. It's annoying but I've had worse drug interactions. It's extremely cheap which is a positive."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I am on the 5th day of my UTI. The pressure and bearing down while urinating is similar to labor pains. I'm out of state and visited an Urgent Care Center. The NP prescribed the generic Bactrim. I went back to the Urgent Care Center after 4 days and she gave me 3 more days of the SMZ -TMP DS. I told her my symptoms were the same as my initial visit. Promised that infection would clear with the additional pills in addition to AZO , an over the counter pill to relieve the pressure. It's now day 5 and I feel like I'm on day 1. This medication is doing NOTHING for me. It's Friday and I'm sure I will be visiting another Dr. on Monday. I just want to feel like myself again. "

Jrzgirl July 3, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Based on results of a urine culture, I was put on this medication. I have taken 4 pills. While at work today, my tongue was feeling like I just took a big bite of piping hot pizza. The burning feeling was quite intense and I had not eaten anything that might have caused this. I also had numbness of my lips. The last pill I took was at 7:30 am and I still have intense burning and a bit of numbness. I was puzzled and decided to look up side effects of this new medication because it was the only thing newly exposed to my body. Since these problems were listed in your side effects listing, I will immediately discontinue using it."

Kathy Turner (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2014

For Sinusitis "Taking this for sinusitis. I am an adilt taking in suspension, as I have trouble swallowing pills. It says grape and is purple in color but it tastes terrible. "

jszaradowski (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2014

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "Being that I have rheumatoid arthritis and take medication for that, finding antibiotics to treat infection isn't easy. I did not have many side effects from this medicine, as I took it how the doctor prescribed. I did have upset stomach though at first. Any infection I had, showed definite improvement within the first 36 hrs."

R.Jones (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 24, 2013

For Acne "When I had acne, I tried almost every medicine. I was in Boston in my house alone and my friend told me he had acne and he took SMZ-TMP DS. When I tried it, everything worked in a jiffy. So now when someone has acne I just tell them to try SMZ-TMP DS and you will never regret."

Noel Prada May 28, 2012

For Urinary Tract Infection "After being on this for 5 days, my urianry tract infection was *almost* gone. I had to ask for another prescription. During the time I was on it on I noticed shortness of breath, almost twice a day I tasted metal and noticed I had small nosebleeds. I also couldn't really go out in the sunlight, as it hurt my eyes a lot and my skin felt like it was burning."

Anonymous March 19, 2012

For Acne "I was prescribed this for my acne along with several other creams and within a month my mild acne problem was cleared up, but if I stopped taking the pills completely I would break out so instead I slowly went off the medicines and now I'm taking one every other day and have clear skin. This medicine works wonders."

Anonymous October 4, 2011

For Urinary Tract Infection "I would get a urinary tract infection when I had sex. To control the situation my doctor prescribed SMZ-TMP DS. I took one or 2 a day for years. As long as I took the pills I was not bothered with a UTI. Miss a day or 2, and UTI. Worked wonderful. "

Anonymous May 26, 2010