User Reviews for Bacitracin

Also known as: Baciguent

Bacterial Skin Infection

Summary of Bacitracin reviews 4.0 2 reviews

Reviews for Bacitracin

For Bacterial Skin Infection: "Eyelid surgery 4/9/18. Bacitracin Topical ordered by surgeon AM & PM to eyelids sutures. Swelling, burning, itching, skin peeling and trouble breathing. Saw surgeon 4/18/18: surgeon stopped bacitracin, warm water compresses and removes sutures. Have contacted primary physician for assistance for my allergic reaction requesting assistance from pcp, dermatologist or ER on 4/19/18. Awaiting reply."

riskmgr (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

For Bacterial Skin Infection: "I had surgery on my eyelids (bilateral ptosis). The instructions given from the doctor's office were to use Bacitracin on my lids 2x day to prevent infection to the incisions. Additionally, I was to put some INTO MY EYES before bed. BIG mistake!! My eyes began to itch uncontrollably but, not on the incision but in my eyes and edges of my lids. I used ice packs to calm it down, warm towels etc. On day 5 I woke up with my eyes so tightly closed and red that it frightened me. A week after surgery I saw a specialist at the office and he switched ointments. Uh uh. I took matters into my own hands and began taking Benadryl to counteract the obvious allergic reaction. I googled the medicationand it states: Bacitracin should NOT BE PUT IN EYES!!"

waterdiva (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2015