User Reviews for SMZ-TMP DS

Learn more about SMZ-TMP DS.

Reviews for SMZ-TMP DS to treat Prostatitis

"Dr Prescribed this med for my Prostatitis symptoms, on day 5 of a 28 day plan. Noticeable reduction in symptoms so far. Pain seems to be fading as the days pass. Was told to take the whole prescription as just because the symptoms fade doesn't mean it's gone. Some light side effects are light headed, occasional nausea, and some interrupted sleep, some body tingling also during the day. But if it makes these symptoms go away it's worth the tradeoff. Better than feeling like your bladder area is on fire. If you can handle the slight side effects for a couple of weeks I would recommend give this a try. Although everyone is different and side effects may differ."

Pryorstat (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was originally prescribed Cipro to treat my prostatitis. After 6 days Cipro proved ineffective for the particular bacteria I had. Switched to SMZ-TMP in addition to Flomax and already feel relief on day 2. SMZ-TMP was free at my local Publix. I would have given it a 10 if I wasn't taking it in combination with Flomax (which is also having positive results)."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took this for prostatitis last year and I'm on it for the same thing again this year. Last time i was on it, it helped the infection but the infection did not completely go away, and I had to go on a different antibiotic. I have had a tough time getting a good night of sleep since I started taking it. I wake up many times a night and lay awake in bed quite often. It's annoying but I've had worse drug interactions. It's extremely cheap which is a positive."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2015