User Reviews for Bactrim (Page 4)

Acne

Prostatitis

Infection ProphylaxisNot rated - Be the first1 review 24 medications
Summary of Bactrim reviews 6.1 307 reviews

Reviews for Bactrim

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I went to the Emergency room due to a hot burning stinging itchy rash on my hand with what seemed to be white welts. I was also experiencing some nausea and felt weak. The doctor examined my hand and diagnosed me with cellulitus. He perscribed me augmentin, which he knew I was allergic too. At least I noticed it before I took it. He had to change my antibiotic to bactrim. I was given one dose at the hospital because no pharmacies were open on new years day. That night I felt a slight headache. The night seemed extremely longer than usual. Each hour, seemed like two or three. I didn't think the night was going to end. I was up every few hours, with a dry mouth. I also had an dream that was frightening, it was of a friend stabbing me."

HoneyBunnyToes (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2017

For Urinary Tract Infection "Started taking Cipro for a bladder infection but had some bad side effects in the tendon in my right hand. Went back to the Dr. And he gave me Bactrim(Septra). I took it for 3 days in total before I had to stop. The symptoms literally made me feel like I was dying. I had a really foggy head, headaches, dizziness, I almost passed out one day. I got zero sleep the whole time I was on it. My joints hurt in the night, my skin got really itchy and developed a rash, I also developed extreme anxiety and I felt like I was having a heart attack with the palpitations. I was close to panic attack that's when I said enough is enough. I've never had a reaction like that and I have trouble remembering those days. It was a blur of pain and confusion."

Joebbbb1 (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have been on Septra for about 5 days now & still no relief!! I'm EXTREMELY nauseous & I can't sleep through the night because the pain is that bad. I'm on my way back to the Emergency Room."

Alyssa Hubbs (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Back in 2011, after having and IUD and having several back to back UTI's I had to see a specialist. This specialist prescribed Bactrim. Well on the third day of taking this medicine, I woke up, tried to get out of bed and fell to the floor. I realized I couldn't walk, couldn't see straight and I felt very weak. I ended up having to go to the Emergency room only to find out that this medicine was taking the blood and bone marrow out of my body. I had to have two blood transfusion after this medicine."

1Amazingchica (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 24, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "This is an awful medication and I recommend it to anyone. Went to the ER for stomach pain to find out I had a bad UTI. Took 1 pill that the doc gave me and was completely fine. Took the next pill 12 hours later, with some saltine crackers and a bottle of water. 4 hours later, I was shakey, nauseated thought I was going to throw up, my heart rate sped up, I had a fever (did go down with ibuprofun), had a minor rash on my cheeks, headache. Now marks 6 hours after taking it. laying down with towel over head, took benedryl to help with rash. Nausea has eased some, heating pad helps, rash is not as red. Going back to ER tomorrow for a different medicine. I'd rather take Amoxicilian, never have any reactions with that."

Savii December 18, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "This did not work. It made me dizzy and tied my stomach in knots. Provided absolutely no relief for my UTI."

Satyr (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I'm on day 2 of treating a urinary tract infection. I have been trying my best not to puke. I'm so nauseous, tired, and dizzy. I've had an irritation from my UTI it hasn't cleared up yet, so I will have to see what the rest of the week brings. I've never had problems with antibiotics before."

Melabie December 12, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "was prescribed this and took night before flying back east. 2nd pill during flight. I thought my face was really dry from airplane because it was really itchy. I had no lotion so ignored it. The 3rd pill that night and itchy face felt like wind burn, despite tons of lotion. The 4th pill in morning but face felt swollen and a little numb, especially around lips. So I called the doctor...told to stop taking it and that symptoms should go away next day. It's day 3 after stopping and face is better but still numbness feeling by lips. The half-life for the medicine to leave body should be over by now (well in a few hours). I assume it will eventually go away but will never take this again."

hate this (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I'm on day 7. It's the third antibiotic I've taken in 2 months. I pray it worked. I wanted to tell people to take good PROBIOTICS and it will keep the itching away. I take keffir It's like a probiotic yogurt smoothie w billions of good bacteria per serving in the yogurt section. I've also used Pill form probiotics "

Leslie1978 December 7, 2016

For Acne "Many of us opt for cosmetics and other products to get rid of acne residues. There are many home remedies which have proven their effects on lightening these skin marks. Tomato and Lemon Juice: Take a %u201Cfresh tomato%u201D and make its paste. Mix it well with one tablespoon of lemon juice. Apply the paste on face for around 20 minutes and rinse it off gently with water after 20 minutes. Pulp of Aloe Vera: Let the pulp from Aloe Vera dry for 5 minutes in sun. Add 6-8 drops of lemon juice to it and apply on the affected area and face for 15 minutes. Onions: Cut the onion into small pieces. Grind those pieces and separate the juice from the residue. "

AbrarAhmad (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2016

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Side effects: Extreme exhaustion Extreme Irritability Inability to concentrate Nausea Itching & skin peeling @ site of finger infection Vaginal Spotting Body aches Severe headaches Rx was for 2x a day for 10 days for severe infection on end of finger with red streaks Completed medicine because infection was healing but side effects were substantial !"

Rx Rating November 21, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I've had many UTI's in the past but usually keep them at bay by taking cranberry pills daily. Well, I slacked and got a UTI. I think I've taken Bactrim before but I don't ever recall feeling like this. I was fine this morning but by noon was very shaky. I felt hungry and nauseous at the same time. Forced myself to eat and felt slightly better but couldn't focus on work and am feeling down in the dumps (depressed?). I also had trouble sleeping last night. Oh and my pee still burns after 2 doses. So if the symptoms don't improve by tomorrow I'm going to see about switching to something else."

VR1979 November 14, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I hope my information can help someone! Here's my story I was put on Bactrim for 7 days for a uti. It helped my symptoms but my urine looked off, I finished the course there was blood in my urine but no infection. Uti symptoms back. I went to doc and begged for another course of Bactrim. I had bladder spasms and that urine color came back. I thought I was doomed for IC. weird until I researched and found out that Bactrim can cause bladder spams and blood in urine! I stopped the antibiotic (ask doc first) and decided to detox my liver with tumeric tea(recipe online) currently symptom free!! Not sure why docs prescribe this if side effect is drug in urine could be dangerous if you think blood is from infection! (For me it was dark tea color"

Tamchack (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "My 3 yo boy having Bactrim for 5 days and look like I doesn't work at all , still having symptoms ' fever , shivering ....' going back to GP today to get another antibiotic..... so depressed now ;-("

Depressed dad (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2016

For Bacterial Skin Infection "I was just prescribed this antibiotic today due to a staph infection in each leg from shaving. My doctor mentioned MSRA, needless to say I'm freaking out over this. Regardless, it's been about 4 hours since I took the first pill - obviously the infection sites haven't gotten any better, but I'm hoping they do. As far as side effects go, I'm lucky so far to only have a little bit of heartburn and slight nausea/loss of appetite. I'm crossing my fingers this stuff works for me!"

breezehome (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2016

"Given a 7 day course. After 2 days, insomnia, anxiety. Complete loss of appetite, eating was a chore. Mild pain in kidney areas. After 5 days, vivid nightmares, difficulty falling asleep, and severe anxiety at night. After 6 days, stopped because of anxiety attack and weak pulse, feelings of lightheadedness."

9/2016 (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2016

For Acne "Bactrim ds works for me. I had cystic acne all over my face and body it was so scary .I only work and stayed in the house but as soon as I stop taking this medicine I got acne back all on my face."

Cassandrap September 26, 2016

For Acne "Before trying Bactrim, I had attempted a number of treatments. The last I had tried before it was Accutane, which I took for 5 months and which benefited me only for a short while. After my acne returned, my dermatologist suggested I try something different, and gave me a prescription for Bactrim. I was so happy as I didn't break out when I started it and it had cleared the acne from my face for an entire year. This month however the acne returned and it couldn't have done so at a worse time - I have planned a 2 month trip to South America with a group of friends. I can no longer rely on Bactrim and will need to find an alternative (I feel like I've tried every 'solution' there is)."

Jack Smithers August 31, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "1st day on Bactrim and it sounds like there's a tiger in my stomach and I have the worse stinking farts, my husband had to sleep in another room make sure you get some room freshner spray"

Stinky butt August 19, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I called the doctors due to weird symptoms after my 5th day of taking this medication this concludes (chills, naseous, diareah, headache, and even numbness throughout my entire face , lips and mouth, and the shakes) the pain I get from my uti's (burning sensation, hard to pee and hurts) I felt like bactrim made my pains worse the burning was 100x worse ! I felt as If I was dying!!!! I even had severe insomnia up until 6-7 am! Called the doctors and they said I should have called when the headaches and shakes came a long! Cut me off it immediately and prescribed me macrobid instead, hope it helps !!"

Breezy22 August 16, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have chronic uti that have spread to kidneys and 2 times septic. 1-3 uti per month for last 4 years. Bactrim never worked...I am told it is used frequently for gram negative bacterias. Finally a University Hospital lab found it was gram negative E. Coli ESBL. Bactrim is not usually effective on ESBL."

Kimberlealv (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2016

For Acne "I have tried nearly every antibiotic (doxy, mino, ampicillin, etc) for acne prescribed by 3 dermatologists over 5 years. The only one that worked was doxycycline, which stopped working after 4 months. Then I tried bactrim which cleared my moderate-severe teenage acne gradually (and noticeably) over 1.5 months. Deffinetly the most effective one out there besides accutane."

Dylanyan (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2016

For Acne "I was struggling with really bad cystic hormonal acne and frequent white heads. I looked horrible and felt depressed inside. I couldn't look anyone in the eyes. Acne has really sunked my self esteem. When I was on this for a week.. let me just say.. This works!! (For me) I tried everything there is.. Proactiv, antibiotics, eating better, going to a naturalist. This pill, in 2-3months, cleared my acne. It was like a miracle. I'm so thankful for it and it only costs me $8. It saved my life basically!!"

Xellie July 18, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "PA gave me this drug took the pain away but left me with diarrhea the first day. The second day I took my dose, afterwards I got weak and lightheaded and could not eat. I called the office and they said I could discontinue use if I wanted to so I did."

Nhhhh23 July 18, 2016

For Bacterial Skin Infection "Currently on day 3 of a 10 day antibiotic blast of Bactrim after 2 days on Keflex. What I had originally thought was a pimple on my septum just inside my right nostril turned out to be a staph infection. I had lances the "pimple" when it came to a head, thinking it would provide relief, however the infection spread across my nares and over the tip of my nose overnight. Went to urgent care as I instantly suspected staph as the culprit and was prescribed Keflex and Bactroban topical until my follow up with my PCP. Infection showed moderate improvement at my follow up, but was then prescribed Bactrim. Within 24 hours the itch and swelling had completely subsided. By 48 hours the sores were cluster-scabbing, and today they're falling off!"

Aclyesia (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2016