User Reviews for Bactrim to treat Prostatitis

Bactrim has an average rating of 2.7 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of Prostatitis. 17% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 83% reported a negative effect.

Bactrim Rating Summary

2.7/10 average rating

Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Prostatitis.

Reviews for Bactrim

Blackhawkdown · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2020

“Bactrim almost finished me. Should have known as it wasn't working anyway and I was getting the DS prescription. Suddenly became very ill, needed to go to the hospital for IV fluids, had a terrible reaction , like the worst flu I ever experienced. 2 weeks later I am still getting ringing in my ears, and watching my skin carefully, fearfully as I broke out with nasty boils all over my arms and legs. If there is permanent damage I am considering the possibility of starting a lawsuit as my health seems to have been permanently damaged. I'd never been this sick with anything like this, and I am 68 years old, have always been in good health until now! I am very angry that a prescribed medication like this could be almost lethal to me.”

Dan · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2020

“Took Bactrim forte for prostatitis 2x a day, at the beginning I just had a mild itch but by day 5 my eyes became red and started seeing floaters in my vision, at this point I had to stop. Be careful with this drug .”

gorite August 25, 2019

“I was trying to get well, I need to have both knees replaced, I could not urinate, I had a infection in my prostrate so I was put on Bactrim 800/160 2 per day for forty two days. After 2 days my knees stopped being painful all time and I could walk easy again, I could not believe it, nobody else believed it either. I took it for 30 days like candy, no problems. Doctor took me off of Bactrim and 2 days later the pain returned in my knees. I ask my Doc. if I could take the rest of my 16 pills she said yes, took one a day and pain went away again. I need more pills and maybe I will not need knee replacement.”

JEB · Taken for less than 1 month September 18, 2019

“Horrible . After taking Bactrim for prostatitis I have pain in fingers ,toes ,shoulder, elbow, wrist, knees, ankles after 14 days .Sudden on set at that time. Stopped taking it started claritin and tagamet, pain free after 24 hrs.”

Guini · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2019

“This stuff should be out of market. I took it 3.5 days and got almost all side effects of it. The worse is anxiety which you cannot get rid/reverse until last drop of Bactrim leaves your body, not talking about kidney, lung damage plus super muscle pains. Drink a lot of water and quit it once you notice that this drug is not for you. Just thankful that I am alive...”

Dragon March 31, 2018

“Bad side effects to the extent that I had to stop after 2 days. Flu like symptoms, bad headache, pain in muscles and joints, low fever, no energy, could not eat, nausea - you name it, I had it. Too bad as I think it was starting to knock down my bacterial prostatitis. The Flu like symptoms were so convincing that I stopped for a few days, felt better, then started again just to make certain I didn't have the Flu.”

Sidecar · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2017

“I took one pill of a two week prescription and immediately had a splitting headache. Six hours later I had difficulty breathing. Body aches and joint pain also kicked in. Two days later I am finally starting to feel better, but my right knee still hurts. This drug is (almost) banned in the U.K. And should be looked at by the FDA. You need to know if you are allergic to the sulfa class of drugs before even thinking about taking this drug.”