User Reviews for Sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim systemic

Diverticulitis
3.3

Summary of Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim reviews 5.4 977 reviews

Reviews for Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Was given Bactrim for my UTI. Read online reviews and was terrified of taking it, especially since I had a severe allergic reaction to Cipro years ago. Literally nothing happened. Some mild stomach issues, a small headache here and there and tons of anxiety (my own doing) but it went pretty well. Symptoms of UTI went away in a day or less. Don't read reviews...you don't know other people's bodies and what conditions they have that contribute to their side effects."

UseYourJudgement (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2019

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Kidney Infections: "Horrible medication. Vomiting, skin rash --headache-- joint pain. Can barely get off toilet knees hurt so bad Sore throat. I was ok until I took 1 pill. I'm worse from taking it. Should be classified as poison not medication."

Sb (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2019

For Sinusitis: "The first 1 I took I could tell a small change as if were starting to work already so naturally I took my 2nd pill last night. I had muscle twitching and couldn't sleep due to light anxiety waves I kept having. I had a feeling, but didn't pay attention to my gut that it was the culprit. I paid dearly for it this morning as my anxiety level was like I've never had before. Brain felt fried and very jittery!"

Trish (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "My doctor prescribe me bactrim for 10 to 14 days I had a UTI. Everything was ok until I couldn't get up out the bed. I couldn't walk pretty much in tears I was in severe pain. I took off work for 3 days because I still had a hard time moving around. Do not take this medication."

Becky know better (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Prescribed this poison over 4 years ago for a UTI. Took one pill, within half an hour was vomiting violently. Never been so ill in my life, my family were very worried about me. It destroyed my entire gut and have NEVER recovered even after 4 years. Had all the colonoscopies etc, many surgeries. I now have severe IBS with no cure. Doctors have tried everything without success, can only eat very limited foods, cannot work and only weigh 40kgs or less sometimes. Debilitating and soul destroying. Do NOT take this drug!!!!"

Ang (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2019

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Acne: "I have a weird form of cystic hormonal acne, it does't show up all over my face but when I get spots they are bigger than a quarter and deep. Only go away with multiple cortisone shots or lancing. They look more like boils. Anyway my doctor decided to try something new last time I got one of these. I had previously had a bad reaction to bactrim a decade ago but was on immunosuppressants at the time (I have Crohns) so we weren't sure if it was truly the bactrim. Well after taking 1/2 dose for only 4 days my skin was perfect, but I had landed in the hospital with low platelets, low hematocrit, brown urine and feeling pretty close to death. Scary, scary drug. Thanks bactrim!"

Raccoonmath (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2019

SMZ-TMP DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Bacterial Skin Infection: "After reading all the precautions for this drug and the one review; I have decided I'll let the Brown Recluse bite resolve itself. It's on the mend now anyway I'm 75 years old and this does not seem to be something I need to be taking. Thanks for the reviews and the information on the internet for giving me some insight."

Ginny S (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: "Stay away!!!! Thee worst drug !! Been jumping out of my skin, jittery, feels like I’m high, even feels like it’s not even helping my condition of a UTI. Called Dr. to switch my antibiotic. Never again!! If a different Dr. suggests this med. in the future I will say NO!!! Give me something else...."

Care Bear (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2019

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Had a UTI last month and had 5 day treatment with Septra eased off the symptoms slightly but didn't clear the infection."

Ace0601 January 8, 2019

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Bactrim is the worst. Anytime I get on it, it makes me nauseous sick to my stomach, headache, trapped in the bed and regardless if i finish or not, it does not take the UTI away!"

Anonymous January 8, 2019

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Acne: "I have had severe acne since I was 10 (I’m 35 now). I have very oily skin, & get cystic acne usually around the time of my period. I also have blackheads & small breakouts occasionally. I’ve tried every Rx out there, including Accutane once in my 20’s & again in my 30’s. It’s very effective but unfortunately it’s not a complete cure for me. When my cystic acne flares up I use Bactrim and it’s amazing!! It clears my skin right up. It does have a very drying effect (which is fine since I’m so oily!) but it makes my lips chapped too. I only use it for 7-10 days a month. If I use it longer than that my lips start to peel & crack. So I take a break & use it at the first sign of trouble. It’s worth noting that I’ve tried doxycycline & minocycline with no results besides an upset stomach. So if you are considering taking Bactrim, do it! I use it with Retin-A."

KMC (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2019

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed to take two pills daily for 7 days for a UTI. Took as directed with plenty of water for a few days with no problem, and my UTI symptoms cleared up. However, I’m on the fourth day and the side effects have really begun to set it. I have constant fatigue (so much so that I almost fainted in the shower and get tired from just standing), severe headache, dizziness, ringing in my ears, and joint pain. All I can really do is lay in bed and drink lots of water because doing anything else makes me feel very ill. I’m extremely sensitive to minocycline, but didn’t expect to have such bad side effects from Bactrim, considering they’re a totally different class of drug. Seems to be effective at treating my UTI but unfortunately the side effects aren’t worth it."

Mic (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "On for 3 days twice a day. Took my first pill and I have never felt so horrible in my life. Chills, nausea, LOTS of vomit, feverish."

Kailey (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2019

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Sinusitis: "Like many others, I read review after review on here of negative experiences, making myself terrified of taking this drug. As someone who is so worried about throwing up that I carry anti-nausea medication with me everywhere I go, I was very reluctant to begin 6 weeks of Bactrim after reading all of these reviews. Fortunately, I experienced no major side effects and it seems to be helping with the infection. Some very mild nausea at first that was likely anxiety-induced, and acid reflux which is common with all antibiotics. Yogurt and a probiotic daily helps with this. Anyway, I promised myself that I would write a positive review if I ended up having a positive experience, so here it is. If you're worried like I was, remember that people are way more inclined to post drug reviews online when they have negative experiences, than normal or positive ones. The vast majority of people taking Bactrim feel absolutely fine, and keeping this in mind may help ease your fears as well."

ParanoidForNothing (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "This medicine is absolutely awful. I am on a 7 day dose and the first 3 days were okay for the most part (maybe because I was also prescribed a medicine similar to Azo) however yesterday was day 4 and I had no appetite and felt very nauseous. Now I’m on day 5 and still have no appetite, still a little nauseous but now accompanied with a fever of 101.7. I had to leave work and am now bed ridden on New Year’s Eve. The only reason I gave it any stars at all is because it seems to be clearing the infection and it’s actually helped with my headaches. But I’ll take a headache over this. If you can, get a different antibiotic because this stuff is awful."

Jgreen December 31, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Well after one 800mg dose I immediately felt better.. an hour or so after taking my first dose I felt as though bees were stinging my lady bits. RAGING yeast infection. Cured one misery while creating another. I don’t think I’ll be able to continue my prescription. I can’t stand this."

Linds (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I started taking bactrim 3 days ago and I feel horrible. I started feeling better after the 3 day but today is day 4 and I am worse. Fever, nausea, pain in my low back and side, brown urine. This Is my first UTI. "

Kindle December 30, 2018

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Took Bactrim DS for a UTI two doses daily for three days. Did the trick. No major side effects, maybe a slight headache and a little light headed a couple of times. However, not awful and most likely from my sinuses. I am normally sensitive to meds and was afraid after reviews, but no problems. I would take it again."

MDP (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2018

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Like many others who have shared their experience with this awful medicine, I had a horrific time with it. Horrible indigestion, headache and anxiety like I’ve never had before. Never again!!!"

KATO (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2018

For Bacterial Skin Infection: "Take this medication while eating your meal. For example start eating 2 or three bites then take the pill, then finish eating your meal. Less side effects. I had a bad reaction to this medication the first time it was prescribed to me but my doctor explained to me how to take it and I been fine since. I hope this help someone. FYI I was prescribe this for boils I get before my period on my thigh area"

Chanel (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2018

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Sinusitis: "I literally took 3 pills and had to stop. I was worried it was a stomach virus but nope it was Bactrim. I’m not sensitive to antibiotics but this was horrible. I threw up and felt nauseous about 12 hours after the third pill."

MommyM (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2018

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed a 5 day course of Bactrim to get rid of a UTI. Giving it a 5 rating because it worked, but I have been so sick since taking it. I have flu-like symptoms, chills, sweating, dizziness and severe nausea. Tylenol helps with the head and body aches. I took my last dose yesterday and still feel like garbage. Hope it gets better soon."

Bgirl (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2018

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) for Acne: "Bactrim is a miracle. No Joke. I have suffered from acne since puberty and doctors put me on topicals and all the "cyclins" even birth control didn't work. The dermatologist was about to put me on accutane, which I really didn't want to do, so I went to another dermatologist who prescribed me Bactrim. Within two weeks on Bactrim, I was clear and my skin was glowing and soft."

yup (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 18, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I used this medication because I had a mild UTI and IT MESSED ME UP!! I was getting anxiety and panic attacks and fast heart beats and I was having such a hard time with it along with nausea and not wanting to eat.. this medicine should be banned."

Lina (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2018

For Kidney Infections: "This medication was very effective in treating my kidney infection quickly. The only thing that I could say about this medicine is that after I took it, almost immediately my face would start to tingle. It only lasted for about 10-15 min but it was still odd I thought."

Country (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...