User Reviews for Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim to treat Traveler's Diarrhea

Also known as: Bactrim, Bactrim DS, Co-trimoxazole, Septra, Septra DS, SMZ-TMP DS, Bactrim IV, Bethaprim, Bactrim Pediatric Sulfatrim Pediatric Bethaprim Pediatric

Reviews for Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim

Rollie · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2019

“I started taking this combo antibiotic sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim because I was getting diarrhea similar symptoms. I was prescribed for 10 days, 2 pills a day. First dosage, I felt lightheadedness and a bit dizzy. Second dosage, similar symptoms. 2nd day, I started to feel like I was breathing harder with dizziness. a few doses later, the symptoms above only started getting enhanced... especially the chest tightening and breathing hard. I decided to stop the medication immediately.”

Dougarhia April 16, 2016

“I've had a stomach disorder for two months. After several trips to the doc someone finally gave me this. I have had no side effects other then breathing heavy a little. But it rid me of what ever bacteria I had causing severe intestinal pain and massively messed up bowels. This helped in the first day. I was exposed to stagnant water. But it does say not work for some people. I would say if you had negative effects stop taking it. But it does work in the right situation. I can't believe I can eat food again.”

Learn more about Traveler's Diarrhea