User Reviews for Sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim

Also known as: Bactrim, Bactrim DS, Bactrim IV, Bactrim Pediatric, Bethaprim, Bethaprim Pediatric, Co-trimoxazole, Cotrim, Cotrim DS, Cotrim Pediatric, Septra, Septra DS, Septra IV, SMZ-TMP DS, Sulfatrim, ...show all 18 brand names

Learn more about Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim.

Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 147 medications used in the treatment of Bronchitis.

Reviews for Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim to treat Bronchitis

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): "My doctors would always give me amoxicillin. It never did anything. I use to have a bad bronchitis every winter. I had one that lasted months. My sputum turned deep brown, my middle ears were so infected I could barely hear. And I was not a smoker then. I called my ENT office off hours. I got another doctor on the call. He was older and very thorough in trying to diagnose over the phone. He said lets try a real old drug. It was Sulfa not the combo Bactrim. He called the pharmacy. A friend picked it up. the pil was huge. I broke it in three pieces to get down with lots of water. Tthe next day was like a miracle, I felt so much better. It seems Sulfa is all around gold standard antibiotic for me for any infection"

ymous_anon January 21, 2016

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): "Couldn't walk had trouble breathing. No appetite felt worse than before I started taking it"

pammy jean October 30, 2015

Bactrim DS (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): "Felt so sick to my stomach, laid in bed for 2 weeks, I experienced bloating, nausea, couldn't eat. Cramping was serious, I suffered from chills, fever, aches and pains. Headache was also present, made me feel lightheaded also. Couldn't function. "

whohol March 30, 2014

Septra (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): "Great!"

superman 8000 October 18, 2013

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): "I took this medicine in early June for Bronchitis. It worked and I was all better by the time it was done. In early July I began to feel general malaise with various sypmtoms, nausea, fatigue etc. They did blood work and found that my AST and LST #'s were near 1000 and 900 respectively. It took 4 months for my numbers to go down. And a month later I started to experience gastrointestinal problems which is still going on. Not a good experience at all."

Anonymous February 23, 2012

"I had a very bad cough, it may have been bronchitis or some other infection but I was given this antibiotic from a doctor and within a day or two I was feeling much better. It worked pretty good only thing they are very dry pills."

Anonymous December 19, 2011

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): "Best medication ever for upper respiratory tract and pulmonary infections. Only thing that works for me. No side effects except dehydration, need to drink lots of fluids."

Anonymous March 1, 2010

Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim): "Had a bad case of bronchitis and Bactrim was prescribed. Within a day I was feeling better and was completely well in 3-4 days. Amazing! However, my wife was prescribed the same drug for her bout of bronchitis and found that she was allergic to it and had horrible stomach pain. So it's obviously not for everyone."

Anonymous September 2, 2009