User Reviews for Keflex

Upper Respiratory Tract Infection 4.0
Summary of Keflex reviews 7.6 71 reviews

Reviews for Keflex

Annsy · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Diagnosed with Diverticulitis prescribed Keflex a dose of 500mg three times per day. Infection cleared but I am left with side effects of pains in legs, hands, thighs, toes, fingers and really sore shoulders into spine and ribs. Didn’t have these pains prior to taking this drug. Jaw started clicking as well. Never again.”

Rose · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2020

For Bladder Infection: “I had cystitis and was put on Macrobid for 5 days only to find out it didn’t do a thing for the infection. My Dr gave me a injection of Rocephin in the office and suggested Keflex for 7 days, three times a day (500mg). The Rocephin gave me a stomach ache and diarrhea, then I took Keflex and it made me queasy the rest of the day. The second pill I was fine, and have remained side effect free since then. I finish my course tomorrow but still feel the cramping and mild pain from a UTI so I’m not sure this antibiotic worked either. We’ll see!”

Fatima · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2020

For Bladder Infection: “So I ended a Saturday at the ER, I ended up having a urinary infection a severe one. The PA prescribed Keflex 500 mg 7 Days - it really helped after 2 days but I noticed that it does bring out side effects on myself. I feel nauseous, tired, agitated, eyes feel hot, headaches even though I took 2 Advil it was still there. I also feel super anxious, I been having mood swings, I feel more sad and somehow more depressed than I’ve have been in the past. And I still have one more day to go”

Myford · Taken for 10 years or more May 8, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Suffered from osteomyelitis in femur from age 16 ( now aged 80 ) the osteomyelitis became chronic 10 years ago and now take 2 keflex 500 a day full time. Not conscious of any side effects and infection kept under control.”

DinnerLady · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2020

For Kidney Infections: “Had bad kidney infection, given MacroBID for 3 days, after 2 days wasn't working given another 4 days worth. After another 2 days still wasn't working called online private doctor prescribed Keflex 500mg 3 times day 7 days. Kidney infection calmed down after 2 days wasn't sure if it was doing anything for bladder infection, still had pain and discomfort throughout 7 day course. Side effects severe itchiness particularly torso. When finished course still had bladder discomfort but worse was itch! Day after finishing up at night I was using wooden spoon to scratch unbearable itch I couldn't reach. 2 days later the itch on body gone but hands and fingers were still really bad constant itching, scratching skin raw. Read that Keflex stays in system for 72 hours. Have had muscle pain throughout course which confused about whether kidney infection getting better as back muscles hurt. No stomach problems. Can say Keflex sorted kidney infection not sure about bladder infection”

lh · Taken for less than 1 month April 12, 2020

For Bladder Infection: “I have suffered with urine infections on and off for years and was always given macrobid or trimethprim which never cleared it up for long or completely - and also gave me severe side effects. A new doctor started me on keflex and it has cleared it up properly - very minimal side effects if any”

eisheth666 · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2020

For Bladder Infection: “I was prescribed Keflex twice a day for 7 days for UTI but I only lasted 4 days. Before I took this medication I had some anxiety, but no other mental health issues besides my ADHD. The 2nd day I took it I became psychotic. I was severely depressed, paranoid, convinced everyone was talking about me or working against me. I cried all day. My mind was racing & convincing me of all kinds of delusions about myself & those around me. I was having vivid disturbing nightmares. I couldn’t eat anything. Constantly felt like I was going to vomit & slept from the time I got home from work until the next morning when I got up for work. I have been on antibiotics before, but this was my first AND LAST time I will ever take this.”

LuvNature October 15, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: “My Endodontist put me on Keflex (Cephalexin) 500 mg per day 4 X per day for a bacterial infection for a root canal that had to be retreated. I was skeptical as I often cannot finish antibiotics due to the awful side effects. I am very sensitive to medicine. This one has had no side effects for me. With that being said, I do take a probiotic (florajen) several hours before taking Keflex. The probiotic is taken 1 x per day while on antibiotics and is found in the pharmacy as it has to be refrigerated. No prescription is required for probiotic.”

Hermajesteee · Taken for less than 1 month September 2, 2019

For Bladder Infection: “I started with a bladder infection on Sunday. I was urinating every 10-15 minutes and it was so painful and I felt a lot of pressure. I called the doctor and I was put on Bactrim on Monday night. The bactrim gave me the spins, constipation and anxiety. It was a nightmare!!! After 5 doses of Bactrim, my infection kept getting worse. I called the doctor and they switched me to Keflex. I started the Keflex at 9 pm and in less than 24 hours I felt much better. No side effects except a little bit of nausea and dizziness so remember to eat when you take it. It is a miracle drug for urinary infections and bladder infections.”

Tess · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2019

For Acne: “I started taking this medication initially for an infection from a bug bite. After three days of being on the medication I noticed all of my skin is clear and appears to be glowing and my pores have shrunk so much . I’m in my early 30s and still suffer from acne occasionally mostly hormonal acne and this is amazing I don’t want to get off of it now. I was on doxycycline for months in my early 20s which also had similar effect. The only side effects from this medication initially was a headache and diarrhea but that went away after one day and I’m staying on probiotics to help regulate .”

Glendo June 21, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “I was prescribed Keflex and within 5 hours of taking the first dose I developed and intense case of hives covering my upper chest and arms from elbow to elbow. The pain was intense. They took me off the Keflex and I got better, however, I still have issues with hives from even small scratches.”

Jean · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2019

For Bladder Infection: “Took 500mg dose of Keflex twice a day for one week - I had a UTI. Side effects were diarrhea, headaches, felt depressed, upset stomach & nausea. Now I’m having pelvic cramping. Just hope the urinary tract infection I had is gone after taking this strong antibiotic.”

Fighter · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “Been on Keflex for a week now for folliculitis, 2 pills (500 mgs each) for a week (Finished the whole bottle) and my Folliculitis is still the same. No really side effects for me. I’ve had Folliculitis for a month now and nothing seems to help.”

Bookie1976 · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: “I went to the emergency room for a tooth abscess and they prescribed me keflex 500mg four times a day for 10 days. I have had zero side effects. It worked fast and took the infection right away. I had a little sore throat the whole 7 days but I was sneezing before I took the keflex so it probably a virus or allergies. My throat looks fine. But highly recommend Keflex cause there are barely any side effects.”

Zillakami February 17, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: “I was prescribed 500mg (Keflex) four times a day, for ten days. This was for a boil that I've had for eight years, I thought it was a pimple but when it got worse then ever I saw a doctor who confirmed it as a boil which then proceeded to try lancing and squeezing it I almost become unconscious this is how bad it has become. Anyways you are here for the drug review, the only side effect that I noticed was a slight tired feeling. I have anxiety so I didn't take the pills until around a week after being prescribed for a fear of side effects, there is nothing to be worried about trust that it will help you. Now my boil is completely gone and I can relax.”

blue-sky · Taken for 10 years or more December 24, 2018

For Bladder Infection: “Works great. Zero side effects. Doesn't interfere with other meds.”

SB · Taken for less than 1 month November 1, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: “Took it for 7 days for a tooth infection, took the pain away on the 3rd day, no adverse reactions. Had a reaction to Bactrim so I was hesitant to take antibiotics, however I'm confident in Keflex now. Stop stressing and take it.”

Amangi · Taken for less than 1 month September 14, 2018

For Bladder Infection: “I have constant battles with UTI’s so I’ve taken a lot of different antibiotics. Keflex is definitely a good one but for me I have to take 500 mg three times a day so I get some side effects, mostly tired, stomach cramps and dizzy. It’s not bad though like some of the other ones I’ve taken. Before I had repeat infections I had the 500 mg twice a day dose and had very minor cramping from that dose. It’s my go to when I can take it. Drink lots of water with it too, it helps flush your system faster and get rid of the infection and it’s side effects quicker.”

Hubbyswife · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: “Hubby has a bad tooth, recently started hurting him extremely bad. Got hold of a dentist to get the tooth out. He prescribed keflex 250mg, for first 3-4 doses he was to take 2 x 3 doses then 1 cap x 3/day until finished. Within 1 dose, his tooth pain went away however on 2nd to 3rd dose the nausea, vomiting, horrible stomach pain that he describes as a nasty pain which he has to make himself puke which gives him short term relief. So if he is able to tolerate the rest of the duration of the script, this will be added to his list of meds he can't take”

Jessi · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2018

For Bladder Infection: “I have been going back and forth battling a UTI for about a year. I take D-Mannose, which usually knocks it out in a day or so but the D-Mannose has been giving me weird pains in my carotids... Anyway, I decided to go get a script after waking up with severe bladder pain a few days ago. About six hours after the first dose, the pain subsided. This medication will make you nauseated if you don't take it with at least 6oz of water and a snack. No negative side effects yet! Love Keflex!”

bpmabq · Taken for less than 1 month November 19, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: “first my dentist prescribed amoxicillin for my tooth abscess, but when I went in for the extraction, I still had it, so he prescribed this. I lost a days worth, they fell out of my pocket. But I took the rest, and I still feel it slightly. It had no side effects for me.”

Moirala October 16, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: “Worked for bacterial UTI but I got dizzy and numbing on face and had horrible experience. I would not take it again”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 13, 2017

For Kidney Infections: “I had a bad kidney infection and was prescribed this in the ER to take 3 times a day for 7 days, I hardly had any side effects at all. The only ones I had were vaginal itching which felt like a yeast infection, really bad nightmares, and some sneezing. Other than that I love this and would definitely take it again, kidney pain was gone within 2 days.”

Thing1 October 12, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: “I some how got bit by a spider on my upper thigh area a year ago. No idea what kind of spider it was except I had a really bad reaction to it which concerned me because most times things like that don't affect me much. I ended up going to the hospital and was prescribed Keflex 500mg 4 times/day for 10 days. I noticed improvements within a few days and it cleared up beautifully. I had no side effects whatsoever. Today I had to go see a doctor again about another bite with similar reactions. He also prescribed Keflex 500 for the same dosage and time period. I'm hoping for the same results as last time, but thinking of checking into some probiotics due to the strength of the prescription.”

AndieReviewer July 5, 2017

For Bacterial Infection: “I had a really bad cold and viral bronchitis and I ended up with nasal cellulitis of all things (infection in my nose and on my face). I took this medication and on day three, it was clearing up nicely and by day 5 the infection is gone. I had virtually no side-effects other than sleepiness, but I think that's normal when you're fighting an infection. I took 500 mg x 4 times a day and I had no stomach or intestinal issues at all. It was great.”