User Reviews for Keflex

1 review 65 medications
Summary of Keflex reviews 7.9 66 reviews

Reviews for Keflex

Tess · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2019

For Acne "I started taking this medication initially for an infection from a bug bite. After three days of being on the medication I noticed all of my skin is clear and appears to be glowing and my pores have shrunk so much . I’m in my early 30s and still suffer from acne occasionally mostly hormonal acne and this is amazing I don’t want to get off of it now. I was on doxycycline for months in my early 20s which also had similar effect. The only side effects from this medication initially was a headache and diarrhea but that went away after one day and I’m staying on probiotics to help regulate ."

Glendo June 21, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I was prescribed Keflex and within 5 hours of taking the first dose I developed and intense case of hives covering my upper chest and arms from elbow to elbow! The pain was intense. They took me off the Keflex and I got better, however, I still have issues with hives from even small scratches. Horrible drug... :("

Jean · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2019

For Bladder Infection "Took 500mg dose of Keflex twice a day for one week - I had a UTI. Side effects were diarrhea, headaches, felt depressed, upset stomach & nausea. Now I’m having pelvic cramping. Just hope the UTI is gone after taking this strong antibiotic."

Fighter · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2019

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Been on Keflex for a week now for folliculitis, 2 pills (500 mgs each) for a week (Finished the whole bottle) and my Folliculitis is still the same. No really side effects for me. I’ve had Folliculitis for a month now and nothing seems to help."

Bookie1976 · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2019

For Bacterial Infection "I went to the emergency room for a tooth abscess and they prescribed me keflex 500mg four times a day for 10 days. I have had zero side effects. It worked fast and took the infection right away. I had a little sore throat the whole 7 days but I was sneezing before I took the keflex so it probably a virus or allergies. My throat looks fine. But highly recommend Keflex cause there are barely any side effects."

Zillakami February 17, 2019

For Bacterial Infection "I was prescribed 500mg (Keflex) four times a day, for ten days. This was for a boil that I've had for eight years, I thought it was a pimple but when it got worse then ever I saw a doctor who confirmed it as a boil which then proceeded to try lancing and squeezing it I almost blacked out is how bad it had gotten. Anyways your here for the drug review, the only side effect that I noticed was a slight tired feeling. I have anxiety so I didn't take the pills until around a week after being prescribed for a fear of side effects, there is nothing to be worried about trust that it will help you. Now my boil is completely gone and I can relax."

blue-sky · Taken for 10 years or more December 24, 2018

For Bladder Infection "Works great. Zero side effects. Doesn't interfere with other meds."

SB · Taken for less than 1 month November 1, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "Took it for 7 days for a tooth infection, took the pain away on the 3rd day, no adverse reactions. Had a reaction to Bactrim so I was hesitant to take antibiotics, however I'm confident in Keflex now. Stop stressing and take it."

Amangi · Taken for less than 1 month September 14, 2018

For Bladder Infection "I have constant battles with UTI’s so I’ve taken a lot of different antibiotics. Keflex is definitely a good one but for me I have to take 500 mg three times a day so I get some side effects, mostly tired, stomach cramps and dizzy. It’s not horrible though like some of the other ones I’ve taken. Before I had repeat infections I had the 500 mg twice a day dose and had very minor cramping from that dose. It’s my go to when I can take it. Drink lots of water with it too, it helps flush your system faster and get rid of the infection and it’s side effects quicker."

Sambo · Taken for less than 1 month August 23, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "In my experience, the best antibiotic ever developed. Kills anything within a week. No nausea, sleepy ness, dizziness, anything."

Hubbyswife · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "Hubby has a bad tooth, recently started hurting him extremely bad. Got hold of a dentist to get the tooth out. He prescribed keflex 250mg, for first 3-4 doses he was to take 2 x 3 doses then 1 cap x 3/day until finished. Within 1 dose, his tooth pain went away however on 2nd to 3rd dose the nausea, vomiting, horrible stomach pain that he describes as a horrid ball of disgusting nasty pain which he has to make himself puke which gives him short term relief. So if he is able to tolerate the rest of the duration of the script, this will be added to his list of allergy to meds."

Jessi · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2018

For Bladder Infection "I have been going back and forth battling a UTI for about a year. I take D-Mannose, which usually knocks it out in a day or so but the D-Mannose has been giving me weird pains in my carotids... Anyway, I decided to go get a script after waking up with severe bladder pain a few days ago. About six hours after the first dose, the pain subsided. This medication will make you nauseated if you don't take it with at least 6oz of water and a snack. No negative side effects yet! Love keflex!"

Brookk December 27, 2017

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Tastes like a bad eggs, smells like a bad eggs, and makes your burps and farts smell really bad."

bpmabq · Taken for less than 1 month November 19, 2017

For Bacterial Infection "first my dentist prescribed amoxicillin for my tooth abscess, but when I went in for the extraction, I still had it, so he prescribed this. I lost a days worth, they fell out of my pocket. But I took the rest, and I still feel it slightly. It had no side effects for me."

Moirala October 16, 2017

For Bacterial Infection "Worked for bacterial UTI but I got dizzy and numbing on face and had horrible experience. I would not take it again"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 13, 2017

For Kidney Infections "I had a bad kidney infection and was prescribed this in the ER to take 3 times a day for 7 days, I hardly had any side effects at all. The only ones I had were vaginal itching which felt like a yeast infection, really bad nightmares, and some sneezing. Other than that I love this and would definitely take it again, kidney pain was gone within 2 days."

Thing1 October 12, 2017

For Bacterial Infection "I somehow got bit by a spider in my groin area a year ago. No idea what kind of spider it was except I had a really bad reaction to it which concerned me because most times things like that don't affect me much. I ended up going to the hospital and was prescribed Keflex 500mg 4 times/day for 10 days. I noticed improvements within a few days and it cleared up beautifully. I had no side effects whatsoever. Today I had to go see a doctor again about another bite with similar reactions. He also prescribed Keflex 500 for the same dosage and time period. I'm hoping for the same results as last time, but thinking of checking into some probiotics due to the stength of the prescription."

AndieReviewer July 5, 2017

For Bacterial Infection "I had a really bad cold and viral bronchitis and I ended up with nasal cellulitis of all things (infection in my nose and on my face). I took this medication and on day three, it was clearing up nicely and by day 5 the infection is gone. I had virtually no side-effects other than sleepiness, but I think that's normal when you're fighting an infection. I took 500 mg x 4 times a day and I had no stomach or intestinal issues at all. It was great."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2017

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Prescribed 500 mg 4x a day for 10 days for an infected ingrown hair on my bikini line. I've gotten lots of ingrown hair infections in the past and usually just let them run their course, but taking this was SO much better! Cleared up by day 4, absolutely no side effects, even drinking alcohol went well. Only giving it a 9 because waking up to take it every 6 hours was very annoying, especially once it seemed to have gotten better."

Shedoc · Taken for 10 years or more April 26, 2017

For Bladder Infection "I have a double whammy: I have interstitial cystitis (which feels like a constant bladder infection), and on top of that I'm prone to actual bladder infections. I've learned to be able to tell the difference between a bladder infection and a cystitis flare up. I have A LOT of drug allergies and can not take sulfa drugs or Cipro, which are commonly prescribed for bladder infections. Keflex has been the ONLY antibiotic that I can take that doesn't give me any side effects AND gets rid of the infection. It's saved my bacon on numerous occasions. I also prophylactically take Acidophilus orally and douche with plain yogurt to avoid yeast infections. It all works like a charm. I have NEVER had a bad side effect from Keflex."

TwoDimes · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2017

For Bladder Infection "I do not understand why doctors, frequently, prescribe Keflex for bladder or urinary tract infections, considering how many side effects it creates. Why not just plain, old Amoxicillin? I, all too frequently, get an U.T.I. Usually it is a very mild infection. When I use it, I get muscle pain, back pain, anxiety, and agitation. There must be a gentler, kinder, and safer antibiotic to be used to kill bacteria. I wish I knew the name of one. I would, then, ask my doctor or an ER doctor to prescribe it for me. I am tired of doctors telling me it is the best antibiotic to use for an U.T.I. It makes me sick! "

patti benninghoven · Taken for 10 years or more December 30, 2016

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "Keflex is the greatest , I have been using it for 50yrs, until recently some people have polluted doctors minds that antibiotic use can be bad I,ve used it for 50 years it has saved my life more than once,recently my doc of 50 yrs retired,and I had to get another doc,its one of those that go by the stupid books,most are garabge,now I cannot get this medicine no more,so I have been sick now for 3months thanks to these idiots that don't have a clue what they are talking about."

Britalyssa06 · Taken for less than 1 month August 8, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "I was required to take 4 Keflex before a dental procedure. I got diarrhea really bad and ended up in the emergency room getting fluids from being dehydrated."

60ish teacher March 26, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "With only 4 doses of 500 mg in 3 days instead of 3 a day, my symptoms got progressively worse. Blurred vision, dizziness, rash, leg pain and swelling, heat sensations in legs, muscle pain, back pain, swelling and pain in stomach, and extreme fatigue. Stopped taking and reported adverse reaction to pharmacy and will tell doctor. Very glad I did not take full dose. Use with caution if you are sensitive to meds."

dav185 · Taken for less than 1 month March 16, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Had a ingrown toenail infection. Was given 500mg keflex taken 4 times a day for 7 days. It is working and I have no pain in my toe. However... so far I've had diarrhea, stomach pain, extreme tiredness and weakness, dizzy spells, yellow skin, loss of appetite, nauseous, red scratchy eyes. So most of the usual stuff. The long and short of it is my toe will be healed as long as I can deal with the side effects for a few more days."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)