User Reviews for Keflex

Bone infection

1 review 65 medications
Summary of Keflex reviews 7.9 56 reviews

Reviews for Keflex

For Bacterial Infection "Hubby has a bad tooth, recently started hurting him extremely bad. Got hold of a dentist to get the tooth out. He prescribed keflex 250mg, for first 3-4 doses he was to take 2 x 3 doses then 1 cap x 3/day until finished. Within 1 dose, his tooth pain went away however on 2nd to 3rd dose the nausea, vomiting, horrible stomach pain that he describes as a horrid ball of disgusting nasty pain which he has to make himself puke which gives him short term relief. So if he is able to tolerate the rest of the duration of the script, this will be added to his list of allergy to meds."

Hubbyswife (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

For Bladder Infection "I have been going back and forth battling a UTI for about a year. I take D-Mannose, which usually knocks it out in a day or so but the D-Mannose has been giving me weird pains in my carotids... Anyway, I decided to go get a script after waking up with severe bladder pain a few days ago. About six hours after the first dose, the pain subsided. This medication will make you nauseated if you don't take it with at least 6oz of water and a snack. No negative side effects yet! Love keflex!"

Jessi (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Tastes like a bad eggs, smells like a bad eggs, and makes your burps and farts smell really bad."

Brookk December 27, 2017

For Bacterial Infection "first my dentist prescribed amoxicillin for my tooth abscess, but when I went in for the extraction, I still had it, so he prescribed this. I lost a days worth, they fell out of my pocket. But I took the rest, and I still feel it slightly. It had no side effects for me."

bpmabq (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2017

For Bacterial Infection "Worked for bacterial UTI but I got dizzy and numbing on face and had horrible experience. I would not take it again"

Moirala October 16, 2017

For Kidney Infections "I had a bad kidney infection and was prescribed this in the ER to take 3 times a day for 7 days, I hardly had any side effects at all. The only ones I had were vaginal itching which felt like a yeast infection, really bad nightmares, and some sneezing. Other than that I love this and would definitely take it again, kidney pain was gone within 2 days."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2017

For Bacterial Infection "I somehow got bit by a spider in my groin area a year ago. No idea what kind of spider it was except I had a really bad reaction to it which concerned me because most times things like that don't affect me much. I ended up going to the hospital and was prescribed Keflex 500mg 4 times/day for 10 days. I noticed improvements within a few days and it cleared up beautifully. I had no side effects whatsoever. Today I had to go see a doctor again about another bite with similar reactions. He also prescribed Keflex 500 for the same dosage and time period. I'm hoping for the same results as last time, but thinking of checking into some probiotics due to the stength of the prescription."

Thing1 October 12, 2017

For Bacterial Infection "I had a really bad cold and viral bronchitis and I ended up with nasal cellulitis of all things (infection in my nose and on my face). I took this medication and on day three, it was clearing up nicely and by day 5 the infection is gone. I had virtually no side-effects other than sleepiness, but I think that's normal when you're fighting an infection. I took 500 mg x 4 times a day and I had no stomach or intestinal issues at all. It was great."

AndieReviewer July 5, 2017

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Prescribed 500 mg 4x a day for 10 days for an infected ingrown hair on my bikini line. I've gotten lots of ingrown hair infections in the past and usually just let them run their course, but taking this was SO much better! Cleared up by day 4, absolutely no side effects, even drinking alcohol went well. Only giving it a 9 because waking up to take it every 6 hours was very annoying, especially once it seemed to have gotten better."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2017

For Bladder Infection "I have a double whammy: I have interstitial cystitis (which feels like a constant bladder infection), and on top of that I'm prone to actual bladder infections. I've learned to be able to tell the difference between a bladder infection and a cystitis flare up. I have A LOT of drug allergies and can not take sulfa drugs or Cipro, which are commonly prescribed for bladder infections. Keflex has been the ONLY antibiotic that I can take that doesn't give me any side effects AND gets rid of the infection. It's saved my bacon on numerous occasions. I also prophylactically take Acidophilus orally and douche with plain yogurt to avoid yeast infections. It all works like a charm. I have NEVER had a bad side effect from Keflex."

Shedoc (taken for 10 years or more) April 26, 2017

For Bladder Infection "I do not understand why doctors, frequently, prescribe Keflex for bladder or urinary tract infections, considering how many side effects it creates. Why not just plain, old Amoxicillin? I, all too frequently, get an U.T.I. Usually it is a very mild infection. When I use it, I get muscle pain, back pain, anxiety, and agitation. There must be a gentler, kinder, and safer antibiotic to be used to kill bacteria. I wish I knew the name of one. I would, then, ask my doctor or an ER doctor to prescribe it for me. I am tired of doctors telling me it is the best antibiotic to use for an U.T.I. It makes me sick! "

TwoDimes (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2017

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "Keflex is the greatest , I have been using it for 50yrs, until recently some people have polluted doctors minds that antibiotic use can be bad I,ve used it for 50 years it has saved my life more than once,recently my doc of 50 yrs retired,and I had to get another doc,its one of those that go by the stupid books,most are garabge,now I cannot get this medicine no more,so I have been sick now for 3months thanks to these idiots that don't have a clue what they are talking about."

patti benninghoven (taken for 10 years or more) December 30, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "I was required to take 4 Keflex before a dental procedure. I got diarrhea really bad and ended up in the emergency room getting fluids from being dehydrated."

Britalyssa06 (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "With only 4 doses of 500 mg in 3 days instead of 3 a day, my symptoms got progressively worse. Blurred vision, dizziness, rash, leg pain and swelling, heat sensations in legs, muscle pain, back pain, swelling and pain in stomach, and extreme fatigue. Stopped taking and reported adverse reaction to pharmacy and will tell doctor. Very glad I did not take full dose. Use with caution if you are sensitive to meds."

60ish teacher March 26, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Had a ingrown toenail infection. Was given 500mg keflex taken 4 times a day for 7 days. It is working and I have no pain in my toe. However... so far I've had diarrhea, stomach pain, extreme tiredness and weakness, dizzy spells, yellow skin, loss of appetite, nauseous, red scratchy eyes. So most of the usual stuff. The long and short of it is my toe will be healed as long as I can deal with the side effects for a few more days."

dav185 (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2016

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Keflex 500 mg 3 times a day is slowly but surely getting rid of my folliculitis. It took about 3 days for the infection to stop weeping, another 2 days later it has almost completely dried up. No discernible side effects for me."

Netsirk December 21, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I had a blister that got infected from wearing tight boots for a few hours and then bam! I got an infection so I went to the nurse and got me some pills of Keflex for 4X a day for five days and an antibiotic cream. I feel much better. Don't ever wear tight shoes, ever."

Tall lady with big feet. (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2015

For Bladder Infection "Keflex treated my bladder infection successfully with no noticeable side effects, and was also very affordable."

frances123 (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2015

For Upper Respiratory Tract Infection "The only antibiotic that promptly and consistently resolves my chronic bronchitis."

JRLesq April 28, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "I took it for a bacteria in my urine and right now I have no more pressure when I have to pee and no more smell in the urine. I am happy again. Thanks Keflex"

Borinquen (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2015

For Bladder Infection "Cystitis for what seems forever. Take Keflex 500mg. when an attack occurs. Told later by chemist who knew how often I get Cystitis, could go on preventative 250mg. daily so saw Dr. who said OK. After being months free, Dr.said no, go off it for a while. Three weeks later, worst dose of Cystitis ever. Luckily have Keflex on hand so along with Ural, will be seeing Dr. very soon. What's the risk of being on a preventative dose every day?"

ms. ng (taken for 10 years or more) March 21, 2015

For Bladder Infection "Prescribed by ER doc for bladder infection. It's giving me dry mouth, diarrhea and bad gas but it's tolerable. Drink lots of water right after you take it."

RZMom (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2015

For Bladder Infection "I have suffered with reoccurring bladder infections or symptoms of bladder infections for the past 7 years without any relief up until this past April 2014 when I was referred to a specialist by my urologist who himself could not help me. I was prescribed Keflex by this specialist and it has seemed to be the miracle I have been needing up until a month ago when my symptoms reappeared. Not sure if my body has become immune to the Keflex but I am back suffering with on again off again symptoms making my life miserable."

LeeLee123 December 1, 2014

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Got multiple venomous spider bites on left buttocks... Turned into a staph infection. Before taking the medicine I was in so much pain I could barely sit or lay down. Been on the medicine for two days now at 500mg twice a day (along with Epsom salt baths) and it has already GREATLY improved my infection, the sores, and my ability to sit!"

Vegasgirl22 July 2, 2014

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I fell off my longboard and made quite idiotic dressing decisions. After 3 days I saw a doctor who prescribed this and silver sulfadiazine. After 10 days it completely healed. Unfortunately I have had another tumble, this time with broken wrist and 10 open wounds. On it again. Trusting old Keflex to help again."

wrecks bored (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2014