User Reviews for Keflex

Learn more about Keflex.

Keflex Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 94 medications used in the treatment of Bladder Infection.

Reviews for Keflex to treat Bladder Infection

"I have a double whammy: I have interstitial cystitis (which feels like a constant bladder infection), and on top of that I'm prone to actual bladder infections. I've learned to be able to tell the difference between a bladder infection and a cystitis flare up. I have A LOT of drug allergies and can not take sulfa drugs or Cipro, which are commonly prescribed for bladder infections. Keflex has been the ONLY antibiotic that I can take that doesn't give me any side effects AND gets rid of the infection. It's saved my bacon on numerous occasions. I also prophylactically take Acidophilus orally and douche with plain yogurt to avoid yeast infections. It all works like a charm. I have NEVER had a bad side effect from Keflex."

Shedoc (taken for 10 years or more) April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I do not understand why doctors, frequently, prescribe Keflex for bladder or urinary tract infections, considering how many side effects it creates. Why not just plain, old Amoxicillin? I, all too frequently, get an U.T.I. Usually it is a very mild infection. When I use it, I get muscle pain, back pain, anxiety, and agitation. There must be a gentler, kinder, and safer antibiotic to be used to kill bacteria. I wish I knew the name of one. I would, then, ask my doctor or an ER doctor to prescribe it for me. I am tired of doctors telling me it is the best antibiotic to use for an U.T.I. It makes me sick! "

TwoDimes (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Keflex treated my bladder infection successfully with no noticeable side effects, and was also very affordable."

frances123 (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Cystitis for what seems forever. Take Keflex 500mg. when an attack occurs. Told later by chemist who knew how often I get Cystitis, could go on preventative 250mg. daily so saw Dr. who said OK. After being months free, Dr.said no, go off it for a while. Three weeks later, worst dose of Cystitis ever. Luckily have Keflex on hand so along with Ural, will be seeing Dr. very soon. What's the risk of being on a preventative dose every day?"

ms. ng (taken for 10 years or more) March 21, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Prescribed by ER doc for bladder infection. It's giving me dry mouth, diarrhea and bad gas but it's tolerable. Drink lots of water right after you take it."

RZMom (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have suffered with reoccurring bladder infections or symptoms of bladder infections for the past 7 years without any relief up until this past April 2014 when I was referred to a specialist by my urologist who himself could not help me. I was prescribed Keflex by this specialist and it has seemed to be the miracle I have been needing up until a month ago when my symptoms reappeared. Not sure if my body has become immune to the Keflex but I am back suffering with on again off again symptoms making my life miserable."

LeeLee123 December 1, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It helped in getting rid of my bladder infection but I was out in the sun for half the day doing some work outside, and I got horribly burnt and a bad sun rash. So just try to avoid the sun while on this medication."

Anonymous May 9, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I usually never have side effects from antibiotics, but I had moderate dizziness and nausea. The nausea is not bad enough to send me to bed all day, but it does interfere with my daily schedule and leaves me extremely worn out and fatigued. It is frustrating. I have to take it four times a day for ten days."

rindarita February 17, 2009