User Reviews for Levaquin

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 3.3
Summary of Levaquin reviews 5.3 394 reviews

Reviews for Levaquin

Mac · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “After only three days of taking a 500 mg Levaquin tablet for a minor UTI, I developed severe Achilles tendinitis. Was advised by Urgent Care doctor to immediately cease the medication. Urine sample was negative for bacteria.”

Elmo · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I took this drug Levaquin after several other drugs failed to cure a severe skin infection. I was told it was an antibiotic resistant infection. I was put on a 500mg dose for two weeks. The first night, I had the most severe body cramps I had ever experienced in my life. They went from my neck to my toes and diagonally across my body. I thought I was going to die or that I would be better off dead it was that severe. I started to have other symptoms like severe pain in my wrists, ankles and tendons. By the end of the first week I could no longer walk unassisted. I couldn't even rest my hands on a shopping cart because of the severe pain it caused in my wrists. The Levaquin side effects lasted almost a year - I was incapacitated for almost a year before I could walk again.”

Smiley · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “My legs look like they were beaten with a baseball bat from the ankles and halfway up my calves and I am in pain most of the time since this antibiotic (Levaquin) that was put into my body by IV in my arm. The doctor who admitted me ordered a different antibiotic Ceftriaxone and it was working and; I don't even know the doctor who changed the order, and was never introduced or suggested that there would be a change. I felt like they really did not care whether I lived or died because of the way I was treated while in the hospital. They treat animals better than I was treated. Admitted on the 11th and discharged on the 15th at 12:00 Midnight. Who discharges a patient from a hospital in the middle of the night! If I had acquired this information that I was able to acquire before going there, I would have gone somewhere else! This hospital has a "F" RATING with the BBB. And horrible customer reviews! And the got paid!”

NoMoreDrugsPlz · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2020

For Bladder Infection: “I was on Levaquin years back and didn’t have a problem. I was given it now at 32 yo intravenously at the ER for bladder infection that didn’t seem to respond to macrobid. It knocked me out! I couldn’t move my limbs or move my mouth to speak I was so drugged. I came to & told the ER dr who said it was fine, take it when I got home. Before I could take another dose I had excruciating arm, shoulder, wrist, hand pain. Never took the other dose. Went back on macrobid until extreme diarrhea day and a half later. I was only one one IV dose of this & I am still having muscle pain almost 4 days later. Not as severe, but wow NEVER AGAIN.”

DJ · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “They gave this to my father in the hospital for an infection he didn't really have. The culture came back negative. Within about 3 doses, he went from being an athletic person that walked a mile every day and did his own lawn work to a person that needed help getting up to go to the bathroom. It took years of physical therapy so that he could walk and now uses a walker. He never did completely recover. Levaquin and Cipro are both very dangerous drugs. The FDA nearly banned it but opted to put a warning on the label instead. If your doctor tries to give levaquin to you, ask for something else. Its that bad.”

Lee April 23, 2020

“Levaquin was prescribed at MDAnd for clinical trial for AML on 9-13-19. Pain attributed to monthly chemo. In Feb 2020 I considered switching but wary of more side effects, l continued. Pain so severe trouble climbing the three steps into RV after treatment. Physical condition at 71, is such that SCT doc immediately after meeting me, pronounced perfect condition for a SCT. I cancelled March chemo due to covid-19 and eliminated that pain. After continual telenol for pain I couldn't continue like this. I stopped levaquin. Total body pain better but now pain in right arm rotator cuff, both upper arms and knee pain. Then 4-23-20 after much prayer in figuring this out and beginning chemo and more pain next week, I found one article that described shoulder rotator cuff pain, even after discontinuing levaquin and the light came on!”

Jobe April 11, 2020

For Bronchitis: “Powerful results for my sinus and bronchitis, cleared up in five days.”

Anonymous March 26, 2020

For Pneumonia: “My Mother was put on this when she entered the hospital and then to treat pneumonia in the home . She presented with insomnia , increased heart rate and symptoms of dyskinesia . I was watching this drug feeling like it was finishing off my Mother . I had her taken off of in 2 days . She was place on Augmentum .”

Foxhound21 March 16, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Started on generic levaquin for testicular pain that didn't respond to other treatments. 500mg 1x a day for 10 days. Felt a little off the first 3 days but manageable. By day 4 and 5 I was having chest pain, left arm numbness, and severe panic attacks. Ended up in the ER. They told me it was the levaquin but to keep taking it. After getting home I continued to have unprovoked panic attacks and wasn't able to regulate my body temp. Today is supposed to be day 6 but I'm not taking this rubbish anymore. It may be helping the testicle pain (I'm taking it for Epididymitis) but I'd rather be in pain than feel how I feel now. I'm 31 and feel like I'm 70. Gonna keep drinking fluids and hope for the best. Hopefully no lasting damage from this medicine. I'm sure it works good but I really wish my doctor had warned me about what could happen.”

Aggies95 · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2020

For Sinusitis: “I would rate this a 20 star if it was an option. I have take Levaquin for Pneumonia, kidney infections, sinus infections. It always works twice as fast and twice as well as the other antibiotics that are usually prescribed. One of many non working antibiotics led my Dad to an ICU visit, in 24 hours he was a different person after being so sick. Levaquin can quickly turn things around.”

Sel · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2020

For Sinusitis: “500MG x 1 a day. I took one pill. I was warned about the black box by my doctor but, I don't even know if that matters at this point. I experienced extreme tendon, joint and ligament swelling for over 48 hours. That was nothing tho, compared to the nerve pain in my arms and extreme weakness. Three days later since taking just one and the weakness/electric shocks are now in my legs too. I can't even hold a glass or balance myself properly while walking. Just typing is difficult. My doctor basically told me "This could get better, this could get worse or it could just never change. There's no treatment and people improve or don't at different rates from anywhere to weeks to months to years." TL;DR: Don't take Levaquin, even if you have handled Cipro in the past. It's not worth it, unless it's an emergency and life threatening infection. I now have to just hope I improve.”

PC · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

For Sinusitis: “This drug was awful for me. Was prescribed 750 mg for 10 days after rebound sinusitis after taking amox clauv which worked. But then got sick again and sinusitis came back. Anyway stopped after 5 days, severe headaches daily and heart racing and couldn’t sleep at all for 5 nights without getting any better. No thanks”

Lee · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2020

For Pneumonia: “I was prescribed Levaquin due to Pneumonia . It seemed to help with the illness but I had trouble with erratic heart rate and felt ILL, including pain in my back legs and other random joints. I didn’t finish the prescription due to increasing pain, dizziness and had the feeling I was at the point that the medicine was poisoning me. This drug can be quite dangerous. It’s been several months and I continue with pain in areas for no reason . This drug is not safe.”

Agarr January 24, 2020

For Bronchitis: “After a bout with Levaquin and fluroquinolone, I developed muscle weakness and muscle tears. This medicine can result in muscle and nerve damage. I have put lrvaquin, fluroquiloine and Cipro(been allergic to this for years) on my medical chart as adverse reaction.”

Nicky · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2020

For Streptococcal Infection: “I do not recommend this antibiotic, although I did feel better quickly from the infection. My tendons are got inflamed and achy. Especially in the calves of my legs, hips and knee pain. Do not use unless you have to. But mine was given with steroids.”

Smitty550 · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2020

For Bronchitis: “Suffered from severe Bronchitis, involving much weakness, non-stop coughing that brought up marble-sized pieces of brown mucus. Doctor prescribed Doxycycline which proved ineffective. Second and final prescription of Levaquin was totally effective and stopped the condition cold in its tracks, even without the doxycycline. No side effects encountered. I had suffered from a diagnosed pneumonia a few years earlier. It was like having Bronchitis, but worse. Signs and symptoms were similar, but worse. I don't remember if I had taken Levaquin for pneumonia, but it certainly defeated Bronchitis.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Only gave a 1 rating because I couldn't rate it a "0"! One pill was all I needed to be convinced that I had legal rights to sue the Doctor for attempted murder by prescribing this lethal drug. I usually have a lung infection once a year, and they usually give me Cephalexin and it clears up in 5-7 days. But this drug, Levaquin, is so bad. After just one dose, my entire body ached, my fingers and toes locked up, and I had the jitters all night long, and had to detox with milk thistle and TMG. I'm seriously thinking about sueing! My advice, "Don't Take It!!!" or you will have tendon, liver, kidney and nerve problems for the rest of your life, it can also cause death.”

T-Roger · Taken for less than 1 month December 26, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: “This drugs did rid my body of an infection in my blood. However, tingling in my feet became complete numbness below my ankle bone when I finished 10 days of pills. This became a big deal as years went on. Without the feedback from my nerves, my feet developed sores, bones in my feet broke & healed incorrectly because I did know anything was wrong, my balance has gotten worse. This complete nerve death/neuropathy developed into Charcot foot and my feet started collapsing and are becoming very deformed. Levaquin is one of the worst things that ever happened to me.”

Sickness · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 21, 2019

For Bronchitis: “This is the only antibiotics my body can take I have read all the bad things about this but let me tell you it’s a wonder drug for me I feel better within 24 hrs every time I take it the only side effect I get is the diarrhea but it comes afterwards. I highly recommend this to anyone who can’t handle many antibiotics”

Sunflower · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2019

For Kidney Infections: “Was prescribed Levaquin antibiotic for a kidney infection ,the pills did its job of getting rid of the infection, after 3 days I started to feel better, I didn’t had a lot of side effects like everyone else, just experience so much insomnia, I usually go to sleep around 10pm but while I was on this antibiotic I wouldn’t get sleepy until 6am.”

Anonymous December 14, 2019

For Sinusitis: “Levaquine was almost the end of me after two doses. Was hospitalized for a week. Vomiting. Weight loss. Pain. Couldn’t walk. Defecating blood. Collapsed with stomach pain. Told that my potassium was dangerously low. Have PTSD Now. An Irish hospital saved my life from this poison. Have effects years later. Still have mental and Gastro problems. Please seek natural methods”

Regret November 16, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: “2015, 2x/day for 10 days for first ever UTI.Day 3, woke up very sore all over,got worse each day.Days 6&7, misery. Every single joint and tendon in my entire body felt like it had been put through a paper shredder. I couldn't even walk. It wasn't until that day that I read that it was black boxed (had never even heard of that before). I also read that if you experience any of these side effects, to stop taking it immediately. So I should've stopped on day 3 when I already felt hit by a truck. 0 warning from doctor or pharmacy. 6 months before I could lift my left arm due to the pain in my shoulder. 5 years later, and I still have severe joint pain in my knees, hips, and back. The worst is my hands, which ache so bad, which is devastating as an artist. I'm 35, yet I feel 90. This poison needs to be taken off the market, and doctors and pharmacists need to be more responsible if they do prescribe it, and at the very least, warn patients of the risks. I should've had the choice.”

Josee · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2019

For Bronchitis: “I am disable with severe neuropathies because of Levaquin, I do have severe nightmares, I have to deal with anxiety, I have pain all over my body with neck spasm and my muscle are weak ”

Art · Taken for less than 1 month October 24, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: “Less than a year ago I was a healthy athletic person had a full-time physical job. After 4 days on this medication I began to suffer side effects and quit taking it. Now my life is ruined. I can't walk I'm going blind and deaf and I live in constant pain as if somebody took a sledgehammer and pounded my whole lower body and my condition is worsening everyday . The side effects of fluoroquinolone poisoning are horrible way of slowly dying. By the way it didn't do anything for my supposed UTI. Couple days of drinking cranberry juice did the trick. Art”

Sophie · Taken for less than 1 month October 24, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I was only taking 100mg of Levaquin 2x a day, very low dose, but since day 3 I started having tingling and weakness in legs and dizziness, but because I wasn’t warned about the black box warnings, I continued to take it, until on day 6 was taken into emergency because of loss of feeling in legs and hands. 3 months later I continue having nerve damage. The side effects are permanent and debilitating.”