User Reviews for Levaquin

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
3.8

Summary of Levaquin reviews 5.5 339 reviews

Reviews for Levaquin

For Bacterial Infection "I took 1 pill of 500mg Levaquin for an epidydimitis, about 2 hours later I was experiencing a lot of side effects such as anxiety, fast heart rate, heart palpitations, muscle spasms, dizziness and insomnia. The next few days I experienced major tendon pain and muscle spasms/pain that I have never had before. Instead of Levaquin I was prescribed Bactrim..... hopefully this antibiotic does the trick without destroying my body in the process. It’s honestly a shot in the dark with all of the antibiotics on the market which is truly a disappointment and shame. You never know whether the side effects from the antibiotic might be worse than the actual disease/infection it’s intended to treat. Just shows how messed up America’s healthcare system really is... I hope you all never have to take an antibiotic again! I know there will be way better treatments within the next 10 years."

Pete (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

For Otitis Media "8 years ago I Was prescribed levaquin for ear and sinus infection. Took first and only levaquin pill in evening. Next morning had violent diarrhea and vomiting. Got stool sample was brought to my primary care doctors office. Had already lost 11 lbs. was prescribed something for ulcers. I could not eat or drink, but continued to vomit and diarrhea of blood and tissue. Said I should continue the levaquin. I did not. Called My brother in law, a gastroenterologist across the country he advised I probably had c-diff. I had flagyl in house, he said start taking immediately. C-diff can kill in about 7 days. I started the flagyl. Stopped v & d. By Monday, day 4, my doctor called profusely apologized. Lab said I have c-diff. I will live with the c-dif damage and toxicity from that 1 pill for the rest of my life."

Ljw (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2018

For Bronchitis "Took Zpac for 5 days not feeling any better. Urgent care Dr prescribed Levaquin. I read the side effects and information on it before taking it, wasn't much concerned. However, after 3 days of taking it I began noticing my legs hurt at night, massive headache, nausea, sluggish head and weird dreams. So, I looked up reviews on it and found so many people with the same side effects! I'm stopping today!"

Tired (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018

For Pneumonia "Have been on 500mg Levoquin for nine days of a 10 day dosage after being diagnosed with left lower lobe pneumonia. It came with three warnings: prolonged sunlight avoidance, no taking of med within 2 hrs of taking antacid, and DRINK PLENTY OF WATER WHILE TAKING THIS MED. Was also told by dr. to take a probiotic with med to prevent constipation. I complied with all , especially the water, drank about 64 ozs + daily. I only had one side effect and it was on first day, little jittery but it subsided after one day. I have an appointment with doctor in five days, feel SOOOO much better. Hoping x-ray will show clear of pneumonia."

Gracieb June 23, 2018

For Pneumonia "This drug is poison. After 2 doses I developed severe tendon pain in my right pectoral area that lasted for days. This drug should be taken off the market."

Tlhaz (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

For Pneumonia "I was given a 5 day course of 750mg tablets. While it was effective in treating the pneumonia, I did experience several of the side effects that others here have documented : nausea, loss of appetite, insomnia, lower back pain . Hopefully now that I have completed the course these effects will subside."

Charley (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was scared to death prior to taking this medicine due to the reviews I read. I’ve been on this medicine for 5 days now and I’ve been drinking plenty of water and taking probiotics along with the antibiotic. I haven’t been able to eat much due to having no appetite and it gives me frequent headaches but other than that I haven’t had any other major issues."

Sickgirl2220 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Taking levaquin was absolutely horrible for me. I took 750mg per day for ten days. I was prescribed it for a UTI and kidney infection and my symptoms not only got three times worse but I developed a pink rash on my face, and my bones and muscles felt horrible like I was being stabbed with ice picks everywhere. I also had zero appetite and a hard time swallowing when forcing myself to eat. I think it's safe to say I'm having those side effects. Hopefully you all have better luck with it!"

Dee (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2018

For Pneumonia "I have read all the bad reviews and I can honestly say this is a miracle drug. My only problem has been the inability to sleep....and believe me when you are sick with pneumonia you want to sleep. I end up probably taking too much melatonin and nighttime over the counter pills that helped with the sleep. I really wish I could take a much needed nap. The drug has made me feel so much better and very quickly!"

Debbie (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

For Pneumonia "Kept me out of the hospital for a bad pneumonia."

MarissaL (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

For Sinusitis "I rarely get a sinus infection. If I take Levaquin for 10 days, I am well. Most Dr.'s will not prescribe it. They give you weak antibiotics, that don't touch a sinus infection. My physician knows me well. I have never had a problem with it. Drink plenty of water and juice."

Coco (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2018

For Pneumonia "Fever went away after 4 days on med. Still coughing and congested after 7 days on antibiotic . Not feeling any better at all."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

For Sinusitis "I am 62 years old and chronically on warfarin the doctor prescribed Tavaloxx 750 in Feb 2018 together with other medication to cure my sinus infection. Sinuses was better at day 2 but since the second day and more seriously from day 3 it became very difficult and uncomfortable to walk properly, due to serious pains in first the one and then in both the Tendon Achilles. I started to read the pamphlet that came with the medicine - only because I was not aware of any incident that may have lead to this injuries - I was shocked & immediately stopped the medicine & informed my doctor that I have done so. Now on day 5 since I stopped the medicine, though I am not experiencing serious pains, I am really struggling getting, hot flushes & tingling in the lower leg areas & suffering to walk properly due to stiff Achilles tendons. Just hope & pray it will go better soon - will never use this product ever again - also warning others not to make the same mistake."

Danie (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have taken this medication twice for a UTI. The first time I had no side effects and it got rid of the UTI as well as a very mild sinus infection I didn't realize I had. The second time I went on it I only took one dose. About a half hour after taking the dose I was really jittery and hyper and hadn't consumed any caffeine but I didn't really think much of it. The restlessness got worse and at around 8 I started having olfactory hallucinations. I also started thinking my husband was plotting against me and I had insomnia. It was a miserable night. At around 1 in the morning it started to wear off and I realized I was having some sort if psychiatric side effect and then read that was a possible side effect. I stopped taking it and it completely wore off within a couple days. I called and left a message for the Dr and also sent a detailed email to her and she never followed up with me....oh well."

JLWdbry February 17, 2018

For Pneumonia "I'm on my 5th and final day of the Levofloxacin 750. I've never had anxiety issues or insomnia in my life, but from the moment I started it began. What kept me going with this was I know I needed it to clear up my infection, from the 2nd day on my coughing and phlegm is at a bare minimum. So while it's working it's dealing with being amped up so to speak. The doc also has me on Prenisone 10mg x2 a day which just increases the feelings that I've dealt with. But for those of you out there I tried Benadryl 1 tab at night since the 3rd night and I was actually able to sleep these last couple of nights a little."

Delectriman (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2018

For Sinusitis "So many complaints about this I find comical. I just used this medication for sinus infection last week. Used it numerous times before. I still workout on it no issues. You people crying that now you have tendon pain years later have got it bad. Went snowboarding yesterday with kids on my last dose. Must have been a miracle because even though yeah I had diarrhea and didn’t have as much energy I still had a great time. Going to CrossFit after this response. To sum it up I never had issues with this medication. People’s posts are 100% different from my experience."

Shawn999 February 10, 2018

For Pneumonia "Let me start by saying when I was prescribed this med the reviews on here scared the stuffing out of me. I had been on other antibiotics for pneumonia for about a week and they did nothing. Dr wanted something stronger and gave me rx for Levaquin..plus oral steroids and inhaler. The only side effect I noticed was it was hard to sleep. (restless/jumpy) this could have been from the steroids also. I had no nausea or dizziness. No joint pain etc that a lot of the reviewers have noted. I did expect to feel better sooner rather than later with this strong antibiotic, however it did take the full 10 days and a few more to really start feeling better. I was happy with the outcome (and not needing to be in the hospital). I would not hesitate to take this medicine again. I had a clear chest xray on the 10th day. Levaquin did its job."

twinmom93 January 29, 2018

For Pneumonia "I had a lung infection and the Dr put me on 5 day/750 elevation. It completely took away lung infection. The only thing was the insomnia, vivid nightmares and a bit pain in left upper leg but like nothing. I recommend it if infection is bad! For the nightmares I been taking xanax which helps"

Maui boy January 24, 2018

For Sinusitis "Earlier this week I was prescribed levofloxacin for sinus infection. I took one dose. I strength train and diet year round. I haven't felt like working out since I took it Monday. Very fatigued and weak. Last night I became extremely sensitive to cold. My hands became incredibly numb and cold and there was no blood in my fingers for the first couple inches. There's a poisonous taste in my mouth that won't go away and I have a rash on my back and my chest. My achilles tendons are so tight I'm afraid I'll rupture them."

Honeybadger1975 (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2018

For Bronchitis "I was diagnosed with bronchitis today and given this for the first time. After reading the very long scary list of side effects and these reviews I am not taking it. I didn’t see my regular doctor and I think they just give you their drug of choice. He also gave me steroid shot and oral pack and Rosephin shot. I have Bactrim so I’m taking that instead. Thank you everyone for the heads up. I am 64 and I believe doctors don’t always do their home work for older patients. Even Corisdine HBP sent me to the ER With 140 pulse and hypertension after one dose. I don’t think taking this drug is worth the risk."

CPI January 17, 2018

For Sinusitis "Took one day and felt so sick so I pulled up information. This medicine has been given a black box warning by the FDA!! I immediately stopped using and am requesting something else. There’s other options so this drug is not worth it"

A mom of 1 January 12, 2018

For Pneumonia "Had some side effects. Mostly sore joints some diarrhea. First round of antibiotics did not work azrithomyacin. Seemed better after first pill."

pneo January 8, 2018

For Pneumonia "I have had pneumonia seven times the past ten years due to asthma and being a teacher, and the only medicine that has helped it has been levaquin. Never had any tendon issues or soreness although I have heard of the risk. At this point, I'd rather take tendon issues than be in a hospital fighting pneumonia with whatever meds and high hospital bills. I attribute a better reaction to it, however, to being fit and eating clean. You can't blame a reaction solely on a particular medication. There are so many other variables."

TeacherRia December 19, 2017

For Pneumonia "I had pneumonia & had been sick for 2 weeks. The Dr. had prescribed another antibiotic & steroids first. When I wasn't better, the Dr. prescribed Levaquin. The first day was ok, just really tired. The second day I started having joint pain & my ribs were really hurting (not from coughing)& still really exhausted. By the third day I could barely walk because of my knees being so swollen & painful & hard to breathe because of the rib pain. Called the Dr. & he said to get off of it & come in for blood tests. I have been off of it for almost 2 weeks & still can barely walk & the ribs are still really sore. After reading the rest of the stories, it makes me very angry that this drug and it's family is still out there to harm people. RIDICULOUS!"

Rnchrgrl November 23, 2017

For Pneumonia "I was diagnosed with pneumonia and was given levaquin 750 mg for 10 days. I'm on day 6 and everyday I get fever, shivers and chills not to mention the extremely bad headaches!!I'm going to let levaquin go !! I am going to throw the rest of the pills. I have no idea how do they prescribe it!"

Levaquinnleavemealone November 19, 2017