User Reviews for Levaquin

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
3.8

Summary of Levaquin reviews 5.4 345 reviews

Reviews for Levaquin

For Sinusitis "This is my 4th antibiotic for a sinus infection. On day 5 and not feeling any different. Just wanted to give my experience ...I ate yogurt in the morning and afternoon and took a probiotic. I had none of the side effects but slight joint pain. Keep in mind everyone is different. Drink plenty of water. Blood test done yesterday and it shows I have a infection but no antibiotic touching it, This has been going on for 2 months. Have a CT scan on Monday."

Tuna (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed 500mg Levaquin to be taken for 7 days for a UTI I developed while on a cruise. I was given this drug because I’m allergic to PCN and Cephalosporins. I read all the bad reviews but the discomfort from my UTI made me desperate for relief. About 6 hours after taking this drug I had severe pain in my lower legs. I contacted my physician at home and was told to discontinue the antibiotic immediately, that I was at serious risk of rupturing my Achilles’ tendon. I only took one pill. Unfortunately, I was on a European vacation that required a lot of walking. I am 27 years old and felt like I was 80, I could barely get around. Completely ruined my vacation. I was terrified I had permanently damaged my muscles or could injure myself and deal with a lifetime of pain. Luckily, the muscle pain went away after 4-5 days. It did take out my UTI, but I would NEVER take this again knowing the risks and side effects. There’s a reason it has a black box warning."

Heather November 11, 2018

For Sinusitis "My doctors will try everything but this medication. Every. Single. Time. It gets old. I get prednisone, nasal washes, low dose antibiotics, all in vain. Currently I have been suffering for two weeks and once again, the whole protocol that doesn't work. Finally able to get the Levaquin last night and feel so much better after only one dose. The congestion in my sinuses is finally breaking loose. I have taken this medication for years and knock on wood, so far, no problems."

Kansaschai (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

For Sinusitis "I was taking this medication for a sinus infection. Within a few days I was getting sick to stomach and throwing up. So my mom had to call my doctor to switch my medication."

Sandycat November 3, 2018

For Pneumonia "As of right now it is the best antibiotic I've ever taken for pneumonia. I'm highly alergic to almost all antibiotic's so this is kind of my last option. I had 50% fluidization in my left lung so it was treat the pneumonia or die. I have taken one does and my fever has gone from 103.7 to 101.4 and I'm already coughing up fluids. So while the side affects are scary if you get them (I haven't) it works very well."

mwhitson625 (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2018

For Pneumonia "My husband had the very beginning of pneumonia (doctor almost didn't recognize it on the xray). After taking 1 dose of Levaquin he started having seizures. He developed Torsades de Pointes which is a heart condition. Spent a week in the hospital and died 2 weeks later from an enlarged heart. He never had heart problems before this. He was 50 years old."

Michaela (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

For Prostatitis "I took this Rx as prescribed by my doctor. 500 mg 1/daily. On the 4th day I developed severe tendinitis to the point that I couldn’t walk. I immediately notified my doctor and discontinued the Rx. Dr. then put me on Augmentin for my supposedly bacterial infection. Ugh! Side effects should be looked at closer."

Njanie (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "I took 1 pill of 500mg Levaquin for an epidydimitis, about 2 hours later I was experiencing a lot of side effects such as anxiety, fast heart rate, heart palpitations, muscle spasms, dizziness and insomnia. The next few days I experienced major tendon pain and muscle spasms/pain that I have never had before. Instead of Levaquin I was prescribed Bactrim..... hopefully this antibiotic does the trick without destroying my body in the process. It’s honestly a shot in the dark with all of the antibiotics on the market which is truly a disappointment and shame. You never know whether the side effects from the antibiotic might be worse than the actual disease/infection it’s intended to treat. Just shows how messed up America’s healthcare system really is... I hope you all never have to take an antibiotic again! I know there will be way better treatments within the next 10 years."

Pete (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

For Otitis Media "8 years ago I Was prescribed levaquin for ear and sinus infection. Took first and only levaquin pill in evening. Next morning had violent diarrhea and vomiting. Got stool sample was brought to my primary care doctors office. Had already lost 11 lbs. was prescribed something for ulcers. I could not eat or drink, but continued to vomit and diarrhea of blood and tissue. Said I should continue the levaquin. I did not. Called My brother in law, a gastroenterologist across the country he advised I probably had c-diff. I had flagyl in house, he said start taking immediately. C-diff can kill in about 7 days. I started the flagyl. Stopped v & d. By Monday, day 4, my doctor called profusely apologized. Lab said I have c-diff. I will live with the c-dif damage and toxicity from that 1 pill for the rest of my life."

Ljw (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2018

For Bronchitis "Took Zpac for 5 days not feeling any better. Urgent care Dr prescribed Levaquin. I read the side effects and information on it before taking it, wasn't much concerned. However, after 3 days of taking it I began noticing my legs hurt at night, massive headache, nausea, sluggish head and weird dreams. So, I looked up reviews on it and found so many people with the same side effects! I'm stopping today!"

Tired (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018

For Pneumonia "Have been on 500mg Levoquin for nine days of a 10 day dosage after being diagnosed with left lower lobe pneumonia. It came with three warnings: prolonged sunlight avoidance, no taking of med within 2 hrs of taking antacid, and DRINK PLENTY OF WATER WHILE TAKING THIS MED. Was also told by dr. to take a probiotic with med to prevent constipation. I complied with all , especially the water, drank about 64 ozs + daily. I only had one side effect and it was on first day, little jittery but it subsided after one day. I have an appointment with doctor in five days, feel SOOOO much better. Hoping x-ray will show clear of pneumonia."

Gracieb June 23, 2018

For Pneumonia "This drug is poison. After 2 doses I developed severe tendon pain in my right pectoral area that lasted for days. This drug should be taken off the market."

Tlhaz (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

For Pneumonia "I was given a 5 day course of 750mg tablets. While it was effective in treating the pneumonia, I did experience several of the side effects that others here have documented : nausea, loss of appetite, insomnia, lower back pain . Hopefully now that I have completed the course these effects will subside."

Charley (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was scared to death prior to taking this medicine due to the reviews I read. I’ve been on this medicine for 5 days now and I’ve been drinking plenty of water and taking probiotics along with the antibiotic. I haven’t been able to eat much due to having no appetite and it gives me frequent headaches but other than that I haven’t had any other major issues."

Sickgirl2220 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Taking levaquin was absolutely horrible for me. I took 750mg per day for ten days. I was prescribed it for a UTI and kidney infection and my symptoms not only got three times worse but I developed a pink rash on my face, and my bones and muscles felt horrible like I was being stabbed with ice picks everywhere. I also had zero appetite and a hard time swallowing when forcing myself to eat. I think it's safe to say I'm having those side effects. Hopefully you all have better luck with it!"

Dee (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2018

For Pneumonia "I have read all the bad reviews and I can honestly say this is a miracle drug. My only problem has been the inability to sleep....and believe me when you are sick with pneumonia you want to sleep. I end up probably taking too much melatonin and nighttime over the counter pills that helped with the sleep. I really wish I could take a much needed nap. The drug has made me feel so much better and very quickly!"

Debbie (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

For Pneumonia "Kept me out of the hospital for a bad pneumonia."

MarissaL (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

For Sinusitis "I rarely get a sinus infection. If I take Levaquin for 10 days, I am well. Most Dr.'s will not prescribe it. They give you weak antibiotics, that don't touch a sinus infection. My physician knows me well. I have never had a problem with it. Drink plenty of water and juice."

Coco (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2018

For Pneumonia "Fever went away after 4 days on med. Still coughing and congested after 7 days on antibiotic . Not feeling any better at all."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

For Sinusitis "I am 62 years old and chronically on warfarin the doctor prescribed Tavaloxx 750 in Feb 2018 together with other medication to cure my sinus infection. Sinuses was better at day 2 but since the second day and more seriously from day 3 it became very difficult and uncomfortable to walk properly, due to serious pains in first the one and then in both the Tendon Achilles. I started to read the pamphlet that came with the medicine - only because I was not aware of any incident that may have lead to this injuries - I was shocked & immediately stopped the medicine & informed my doctor that I have done so. Now on day 5 since I stopped the medicine, though I am not experiencing serious pains, I am really struggling getting, hot flushes & tingling in the lower leg areas & suffering to walk properly due to stiff Achilles tendons. Just hope & pray it will go better soon - will never use this product ever again - also warning others not to make the same mistake."

Danie (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have taken this medication twice for a UTI. The first time I had no side effects and it got rid of the UTI as well as a very mild sinus infection I didn't realize I had. The second time I went on it I only took one dose. About a half hour after taking the dose I was really jittery and hyper and hadn't consumed any caffeine but I didn't really think much of it. The restlessness got worse and at around 8 I started having olfactory hallucinations. I also started thinking my husband was plotting against me and I had insomnia. It was a miserable night. At around 1 in the morning it started to wear off and I realized I was having some sort if psychiatric side effect and then read that was a possible side effect. I stopped taking it and it completely wore off within a couple days. I called and left a message for the Dr and also sent a detailed email to her and she never followed up with me....oh well."

JLWdbry February 17, 2018

For Pneumonia "I'm on my 5th and final day of the Levofloxacin 750. I've never had anxiety issues or insomnia in my life, but from the moment I started it began. What kept me going with this was I know I needed it to clear up my infection, from the 2nd day on my coughing and phlegm is at a bare minimum. So while it's working it's dealing with being amped up so to speak. The doc also has me on Prenisone 10mg x2 a day which just increases the feelings that I've dealt with. But for those of you out there I tried Benadryl 1 tab at night since the 3rd night and I was actually able to sleep these last couple of nights a little."

Delectriman (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2018

For Sinusitis "So many complaints about this I find comical. I just used this medication for sinus infection last week. Used it numerous times before. I still workout on it no issues. You people crying that now you have tendon pain years later have got it bad. Went snowboarding yesterday with kids on my last dose. Must have been a miracle because even though yeah I had diarrhea and didn’t have as much energy I still had a great time. Going to CrossFit after this response. To sum it up I never had issues with this medication. People’s posts are 100% different from my experience."

Shawn999 February 10, 2018

For Pneumonia "Let me start by saying when I was prescribed this med the reviews on here scared the stuffing out of me. I had been on other antibiotics for pneumonia for about a week and they did nothing. Dr wanted something stronger and gave me rx for Levaquin..plus oral steroids and inhaler. The only side effect I noticed was it was hard to sleep. (restless/jumpy) this could have been from the steroids also. I had no nausea or dizziness. No joint pain etc that a lot of the reviewers have noted. I did expect to feel better sooner rather than later with this strong antibiotic, however it did take the full 10 days and a few more to really start feeling better. I was happy with the outcome (and not needing to be in the hospital). I would not hesitate to take this medicine again. I had a clear chest xray on the 10th day. Levaquin did its job."

twinmom93 January 29, 2018

For Pneumonia "I had a lung infection and the Dr put me on 5 day/750 elevation. It completely took away lung infection. The only thing was the insomnia, vivid nightmares and a bit pain in left upper leg but like nothing. I recommend it if infection is bad! For the nightmares I been taking xanax which helps"

Maui boy January 24, 2018