User Reviews for Levaquin

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
3.8

Summary of Levaquin reviews 5.5 360 reviews

Reviews for Levaquin

For Bronchitis "I am finishing my last pill. I had seven 500 mg pills and obviously, this is number 7. I have bronchitis but since I tend to get that, it easily accelerates into pneumonia. I can't take anything besides Levaquin either. I am so sensitive to meds. Well, my advice is STAY IN BED and drink TONS and tons of water. Don't let the side effects (my tendons started acting up and DO put your feet up on a pillow for that...) worry you unless you have a particularly extreme reaction. Just "go with the flow". It makes me sleep = no insomnia! Get out the old movies, the western novels and keeps the lights LOW in your QUIET room. It's worth it. This drug has saved my life."

Puffbutton (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2019

For Pneumonia "Have been fighting upper respiratory & sinus since the end of Jan. Even after 3 antibiotics, steroids etc I ended up with pneumonia. Dr at the ER gave me Levaquin & within 4 days I was beginning to feel like my old self. My only adverse reaction is nausea but you deal with the bad if the good outweighs the bad."

Bigsky (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2019

For Bronchitis "Levaquin is a miracle ... within 5-6 hours of taking just one dose , I feel 100% BETTER. I seem to get bronchitis at least once a year."

Sally (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2019

For Bladder Infection "I cannot take Cipro or Bactrim without terrible terrible headaches and other bad side affects. I get no negative affects from Leviquin 500's. Used for my hip replacement so requested this med for my bladder infection after trying Bactrim unsuccessfully."

Downtown (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2019

For Sinusitis "I've been on Levaquin before for an ear infection and have never had a problem. I am allergic to most antibiotics except for the tetracyclines and quinolones / fluoroquinolones. I've had a sinus infection for 2 1/2 weeks now and was on a round of doxycycline 100mg 2x/day for 10 days, which did absolutely nothing. Now I am on Levaquin 500mg 1x/day for 10 days. On day 5 and the only side effects are insomnia, slight abdominal pain and nausea. I will take that over the inability to breathe, post nasal drip and a cough any day because I know it's temporary. I usually run 3.5-4 miles/day and have no issues."

Kirann (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2019

For Bacterial Infection "I have used even requested it for UTI and Upper Respiratory infections it has been my go to drugfrom my ENT doctor prescribed it before there was a generic. I have never suffered any side effects an have always gotten well. I use it once a year my usual yearly infection."

Tammy (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed this for a 7 day course. 750mg, never had a UTI in my life, so I didn't really know what to expect. Day 1, was iffy. An hour after taking it, I did get slightly dizzy, rather tired. But the next day, I felt fine. Day 2 is where I'm at, and as far as the UTI? Gone. However, it may just be sinuses, but anytime I cough, I get a dull throb in my right temporal lobe, sometimes sharp. And I've noticed the end of my tongue is kind of numb, like if you sipped too much hot coffee at once. 27, I smoke, and so far this is the only things I'm experiencing. Sleep is a little difficult, even with OTC sleep meds, but overall, it seems to be manageable."

Smorg (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2019

For Bacterial Infection "This! I have severe reactions, side effects and allergies to almost every antibiotic. I was given this a couple years ago for my frequent sinus infections and bronchitis and have used it ever since. Currently taking it for a UTI and I felt sooo much better after only 1 dose. Its been a lifesaver for me and I can't swallow pills so it comes in liquid too! I take low doses spread out and that seems to help with side effects along with drinking lots of water and following the eating rules (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food). Only taking 2.5ml once a day right now is doing the job!"

Elliebeth (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 25, 2019

For Bladder Infection "I took levaquin for bladder infection May of 2018, within 3 days I stopped it as had an achilles tendon rupture, very painful. I am in the health field and immediately recognized the achilles tendon rupture. I had an MRI and the rupture was confirmed and followed up with orthopedic specialty. The tendon continues to ache at night on occasion after 8 months. I do not recommend this drug for anyone and it should be taken off the market."

Char (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2019

For Sinusitis "Levaquin is the ONLY antibiotic that gets rid of my 4x/year sinus infections. I switched doctors in November, and came down with an infection just after making my first appointment. I agreed to try a different antibiotic—Cefuroxine— because I HAVE experienced tendon injury after taking Levaquin (I was sprinting a couple months later and not aware of the warnings). I “sort of” got over the November sinusitis and then came down with another in January. I honestly don't think the first one ever went away, leading to the second flare-up. I again agreed to try a different antibiotic, Doxycycline (I’m still babying those tendons from 3 years ago, so why not avoid the Levaquin, right?). Was on the Doxy 10 days, and, now, three days after finishing, I am no better. I’m calling my doc’s office and insisting on the Levaquin tomorrow. I just won’t be doing sprints."

Lizru January 22, 2019

For Pneumonia "Took this med for seven days for pneumonia. Took it away with NO side effects! I would take it again if absolutely needed!"

Katy (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection "Hello I was diagnosed on Tuesday January 2, 2019 with a UTI. Never had anything like this before. I urinated on myself at least 4 times on my way to work. Two days before I was urinating every 16 minutes for two nights in a row before that. Severe pain in my lower back and cramps in my left kidney and stomach. I thought I was gonna die. I couldn't really stand or sit . I took the train to hospital and I was embarrassed cuz I soiled (wee) myself but I didn't care. I needed to know what was wrong. After seeing the doctor they prescribed me a 7 day (750 mg) pill called LEVOFLOXACIN. After taking a pill when I got home. I felt immediate relief in my back. I'm not at work for the next 7 days. I took my third tablet today. I do have constipation and I had stomach pain yesterday but I feel it's going to work. I'm still alive, worried because this has never happen to me. I'm 56 I'm healthy. I work out daily. I eat only fruits, veggies. Fish. Chicken. I pray for healing. You all deserve to feel better."

Smiley (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2019

For Bronchitis "Nasty stuff, broke out with blisters all over my body."

Not nuts (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2018

For Streptococcal Infection "This medication can cause weakening of tendons. At 43 I had a tear in my left Achilles. My right achilles tore and was repaired at age 49. The surgeon said my tendon was in VERY BAD shape. It didn't make it through the first repair because I fell and it totally ruptured. It took 18 months for full recovery. My recommendation is to STAY AWAY FEOM LEVAQUIN OR ANYTHING IN ITS FAMILY!!!!!"

Onlylvonce December 21, 2018

For Kidney Infections "I was hospitalized for 3 days and given the IV antiobiotic Rocephin for a kidney infection. After being discharged, I was given a 4 day course of Levaquin, 750mg dosage. Side effects started within hours, first nerve pain (peripheral neuropathy) in soles of feet, then within a day extended up to my knees and from my fingertips to my shoulders. After the 3rd pill, muscle weakness appeared alongside the nerve pain. I was lucky that within 10 days of taking my last pill, all side effects were gone. I was told by my regular GP to never take the fluoroquinolone class of antibiotics again. This is a serious drug, and the nerve pain I experienced could have been permanent. I'd only recommend taking fluoroquinolones as a last resort. Read the FDA black box warnings and if your dr doesn't take them seriously, I'd find a new GP"

Marie (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2018

For Sinusitis "This is my 4th antibiotic for a sinus infection. On day 5 and not feeling any different. Just wanted to give my experience ...I ate yogurt in the morning and afternoon and took a probiotic. I had none of the side effects but slight joint pain. Keep in mind everyone is different. Drink plenty of water. Blood test done yesterday and it shows I have a infection but no antibiotic touching it, This has been going on for 2 months. Have a CT scan on Monday."

Tuna (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 16, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed 500mg Levaquin to be taken for 7 days for a UTI I developed while on a cruise. I was given this drug because I’m allergic to PCN and Cephalosporins. I read all the bad reviews but the discomfort from my UTI made me desperate for relief. About 6 hours after taking this drug I had severe pain in my lower legs. I contacted my physician at home and was told to discontinue the antibiotic immediately, that I was at serious risk of rupturing my Achilles’ tendon. I only took one pill. Unfortunately, I was on a European vacation that required a lot of walking. I am 27 years old and felt like I was 80, I could barely get around. Completely ruined my vacation. I was terrified I had permanently damaged my muscles or could injure myself and deal with a lifetime of pain. Luckily, the muscle pain went away after 4-5 days. It did take out my UTI, but I would NEVER take this again knowing the risks and side effects. There’s a reason it has a black box warning."

Heather November 11, 2018

For Sinusitis "My doctors will try everything but this medication. Every. Single. Time. It gets old. I get prednisone, nasal washes, low dose antibiotics, all in vain. Currently I have been suffering for two weeks and once again, the whole protocol that doesn't work. Finally able to get the Levaquin last night and feel so much better after only one dose. The congestion in my sinuses is finally breaking loose. I have taken this medication for years and knock on wood, so far, no problems."

Kansaschai (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

For Sinusitis "I was taking this medication for a sinus infection. Within a few days I was getting sick to stomach and throwing up. So my mom had to call my doctor to switch my medication."

Sandycat November 3, 2018

For Pneumonia "As of right now it is the best antibiotic I've ever taken for pneumonia. I'm highly alergic to almost all antibiotic's so this is kind of my last option. I had 50% fluidization in my left lung so it was treat the pneumonia or die. I have taken one does and my fever has gone from 103.7 to 101.4 and I'm already coughing up fluids. So while the side affects are scary if you get them (I haven't) it works very well."

mwhitson625 (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2018

For Pneumonia "My husband had the very beginning of pneumonia (doctor almost didn't recognize it on the xray). After taking 1 dose of Levaquin he started having seizures. He developed Torsades de Pointes which is a heart condition. Spent a week in the hospital and died 2 weeks later from an enlarged heart. He never had heart problems before this. He was 50 years old."

Michaela (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

For Prostatitis "I took this Rx as prescribed by my doctor. 500 mg 1/daily. On the 4th day I developed severe tendinitis to the point that I couldn’t walk. I immediately notified my doctor and discontinued the Rx. Dr. then put me on Augmentin for my supposedly bacterial infection. Ugh! Side effects should be looked at closer."

Njanie (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Bacterial Infection "I took 1 pill of 500mg Levaquin for an epidydimitis, about 2 hours later I was experiencing a lot of side effects such as anxiety, fast heart rate, heart palpitations, muscle spasms, dizziness and insomnia. The next few days I experienced major tendon pain and muscle spasms/pain that I have never had before. Instead of Levaquin I was prescribed Bactrim..... hopefully this antibiotic does the trick without destroying my body in the process. It’s honestly a shot in the dark with all of the antibiotics on the market which is truly a disappointment and shame. You never know whether the side effects from the antibiotic might be worse than the actual disease/infection it’s intended to treat. Just shows how messed up America’s healthcare system really is... I hope you all never have to take an antibiotic again! I know there will be way better treatments within the next 10 years."

Pete (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

For Otitis Media "8 years ago I Was prescribed levaquin for ear and sinus infection. Took first and only levaquin pill in evening. Next morning had violent diarrhea and vomiting. Got stool sample was brought to my primary care doctors office. Had already lost 11 lbs. was prescribed something for ulcers. I could not eat or drink, but continued to vomit and diarrhea of blood and tissue. Said I should continue the levaquin. I did not. Called My brother in law, a gastroenterologist across the country he advised I probably had c-diff. I had flagyl in house, he said start taking immediately. C-diff can kill in about 7 days. I started the flagyl. Stopped v & d. By Monday, day 4, my doctor called profusely apologized. Lab said I have c-diff. I will live with the c-dif damage and toxicity from that 1 pill for the rest of my life."

Ljw (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2018

For Bronchitis "Took Zpac for 5 days not feeling any better. Urgent care Dr prescribed Levaquin. I read the side effects and information on it before taking it, wasn't much concerned. However, after 3 days of taking it I began noticing my legs hurt at night, massive headache, nausea, sluggish head and weird dreams. So, I looked up reviews on it and found so many people with the same side effects! I'm stopping today!"

Tired (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018