User Reviews for Levaquin

Learn more about Levaquin.

Kidney Infections 11 reviews 94 medications

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 6 reviews 162 medications

4.1
Summary of Levaquin reviews 296 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Levaquin

For Sinusitis "This med has been effective but it has caused such bad joint stiffness that I can barely walk. My back, knees, ankles are in extreme pain. I also feel very dizzy and like I'm going to faint sometimes, really bad gas, and constipation. And, the fatigue is unreal. I can't seem to make anyone understand. I still feel sick now but in a different way. If I had not been so sick, I would not have taken this again. This has been my third levaquin experience. I just can't do it again."

SC Girl (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "Wow!! Sicker than a dog yesterday. I had bronchitis and my Dr prescribed Levaquin. This morning already a marked improvement!! No side effects and on my way to feeling good as new!"

Wuzzwe May 6, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia "Although the levaquin did help my pneumonia symptoms, the side effects were terrible! I discontinued after 6 days, but still have side effects 3 weeks later! Severe foot pain and muscle spasms and unusual bleeding and bruising along with thinning of the skin. I have purple blood spots all over and my skin will tear with the slightest nick. The pain was up one entire leg but started in my foot. My foot hurts 24 hours a day with a burning feeling that does not respond to massage therapy. Pain pills are only minimally effective. I would never take it again. Also causes insomnia."

Anonymous May 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia "Age 63. I developed pneumonia from a respiratory infection passed on from my wife the school teacher. Once a day Levaquin knocked out the pneumonia in 5 days and an x-ray on day 7 my lungs were clear. On day 9 I developed tendonitis in my shoulder replacement that had been in place for 3 years. I was prescribed a high power NSAID by the orthopedic surgeon. After 3 weeks. I turned out fine."

PJI2000 (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia "This is Michael's daughter Elyssa. I am his voice now since he was misdiagnosed with double pneumonia and given Levaquin. IT KILLED HIM. What more do you need to know? Don't take it. "

Michael Goldmam May 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia "This drug is GARBAGE and should be taken off the Market. I was hospitalized with pneumonia. The doctor prescribed it for me when I was released from the hospital. It has destroyed my appetite as well as my stomach. I can't sleep. I am nauseous every day. I have 2 more doses to take. I decided not to take them. I can't tolerate all the side effects."

Conjos (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "I was put on this medicine for 10 days. It's HORRIBLE!!! On the 8th day I ended up passing out and waking up on my tile floor in a pile of blood!!!! I had broke all 5 of my front teeth and my nose!!! I was rushed to the dentist, oral surgeon and then the EMERGENCY ROOM!! THEY WANTED TO KEEP ME OVERNIGHT!!! This drug should be banned!!! Its terrible!!! "

kmcq (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "Levaquin destroyed my life. It has no fewer than 3 black box warnings from the FDA. It destroy the mitochondrial sheath around my nerve endings. I went from an active weight lifter, hunter, golfer to a body racked with pain permanently damaged from Levaquin. A warning to all this drug was developed for anthrax. Drs use it basically the same a using an atom bomb to kill a mouse. It's a very very powerful drug that is way overused and will affect 3-5% of the population with permanent damage. Avoid at all costs unless it's the only alternative in a life threatening situation."

Felland Gus April 14, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "PLEASE DON'T TAKE LEVAQUIN or any other fluoroquinolone. It can destroy all of the tendons in your body and cause severe organ damage. It has basically disabled me. There are AT LEAST tens of 1,000s of people harmed by this drug. The FDA put out a black box warning against this drug in July 2016. Please read it!"

JT622 (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I can't find the 0 for this crappy poison pill. I'm 3 years out and still suffer pains and other toxicity symptoms , do you research before taking this horrible pill , I talk a least with 2 new people everyday damage by this pill"

ricato April 9, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "It attacked my joints and could not walk for weeks . It's been 4 months and I can't use my shoulders ."

Hurting lady April 5, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "This has been a horror since I took this drug - which did nothing for the situation it was prescribed for. I became unable to walk, or grip anything, and basically became an invalid. I was writhing in severe pain every night from the small amount of shuffling I had to do to keep the shreds of my life going. I got no help from my doctor, who denied the entire thing (worried about a lawsuit probably). The medical/pharmaceutical industry keeps us in the dark - the side effects listed officially are rubbish. I also had complete fog brain, as if my mind had been replaced with gelatin, really terrifying. I also had, in the first year, random speeding heart, like I was going to have a heart attack. 4 yrs later I am still bad. DON'T TAKE THIS DRUG unless you have a life threatening infection"

RuinedLife (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "I am taking this for bronchitis, works great with only one side effect not mentioned, my hair falls out. It comes back after a few months but my thick hair gets very thin"

Sand451 March 28, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "I was given Levaquin and it all most killed me. The doctor had me on it for 10 days , I thought I was dying the doctor did nothing , my pharmacist talk to me and told me I was having side effects. I stop taking it - it took a week before I thought I was still going to live. Now my muscles ache all the time. My neck hurts can not lay flat on my back. And other things to. Please do not take it."

Mable murphy March 23, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "The first dose made me extremely dizzy. The second dose had me very dizzy, passing out, and not being able to breathe. After a trip to the emergency room, I've decided I'm not taking this ever again"

Thought I was dying (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia "Must of been allergic, made me itch"

Onakl February 27, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "I used this medicine for over 20 years for chronic sinusitis. The recent 3x I have taken it I broke out in hives all over my body that lasted for 2 hours. Has anyone else had a similar reaction? Not sure how after all these years I have an allergic reaction to something. Dr. gave me Sulfamethoxazole-TMP in lieu of Levoquin and I am scared out of my mind to take something new. I have a 11 year history of random allergies to food and medications."

Reese2016 January 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "Had a sinus infection for over a month, but didn't know it, because it started out as pain in my teeth. Went to dentist on 2 seperate occassions within 2 weeks to have a check-up and x-rays. X-rays revealed nothing wrong with my teeth. Pain went to throat for 2 weeks and then my ear. All on left-side. Went to my PCP, who said my sinuses were almost completely closed. I did not have any pain around eyes/nose at this point. Put on Levaquin. The pain has gotten worse!! Has not helped me with my sinus infection. In fact, I'm on day 6, and not only do I have pain in my teeth, ears, and throat still, but now it's traveled throughout my entire head! The malaise I feel is horrible! Been mainly in bed for 5 days now! Horrible antibiotic!!"

BethAM23 January 11, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia "Too expensive for fixed income patients. Classified as a tier 3 drug."

Storeyjwf January 10, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "Am allergic to penicillin & more recently Keflex -a not uncommon occurrence in those with penicillin allergy. Prior to allergy, Keflex was slow to work & caused nausea whether taken mid meal or on an empty stomach. I've used Levaquin for stubborn sinus infections & more recently my first UTI. The first time I took it, I experienced muscle soreness. With each subsequent prescription the side effects have vanished & it's efficaciousness has not diminished .Of note for those who give up on it due to nausea & muscle aches: hydration helps reduce the symptoms. This med is not for those with certain heart issues or on some meds for mental health diagnosis."

Mimi01 January 10, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION - EVER! Should be illegal. Went to the urgent care during the holidays w/chest congestion, cough, low grade fever, & sinus headache on Monday. Told the doctor I was starting a 8 day cruise on Thursday. She gave me a 10 day, 750 mg tablet of Levoquin. Had a dull ache in my right side after a couple of days on the cruise, which seemed to progress every day. When I got home, I was favoring my right shoulder. 2 nights ago the pain was so bad I couldn't move it & it was very swollen. Went to emergency and was diagnosed with Tendonitis caused by the Levoquinn. Read drug info & horrified that doctor prescribed it to me, 60 yr. old, without trying any other treatment first. So many warnings on this drug."

LuAnnF January 5, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "I am only able to take levaquin or cipro due to allergies to other antibiotic's. I normally only had 500 mg. This time doctor gave me 750 mg for ten days and was added prednisone 20mg take three tab daily for four day. I was feeling bad on the higher dose of levaquin but needs to get better being asthmatic, I stopped after 7th day of antibiotic and stopped prednisone as well, pains burning inflammation was horrible confusion, rapid heart beat, shaky legs. Can't move left arm well from shoulder to fingers, weakness pain. Pain discomfort in joints muscles bones. My kidneys and abdominal discomfort on and off with that. My physician said could be higher dosage plus on October was on 500mg. Says it tendonitis."

trisha m December 15, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG! Point blank period it should be illegal! It gave me tendinitis only 4 after starting"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia "I was being treated for pneumonia. Levaquin seems too be knocking down the pneumonia down after two rounds of another antibiotic seemed ineffective. I m now 8 days out from my last dose and feel awful. The joint pain is horrific. I used to exercise, don't know if I will ever be able again. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG. If your insurance allows opt for hospital care."

kredlady (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sinusitis "I'm SUPER sensitive to medications. On 500mg for 5 days, had a sinus infection for about 6 weeks now. So far, I can't sleep really at all, but looks like you can take a Benadryl or something with it that may help you sleep. Will discuss with doctor. Hesitant about taking this because of all the comments here and the (black box warning) about the medication that everyone should read about Levofloxacin (google it). I'm feeling really scattered and can't focus mentally, insomnia and dizziness if I get up too quickly are the biggest issues. I am not taking any of my usual vitamins and no gym, but so far ok. Will update if any changes. *Update, I ended up having to cut the pills in half per doc ok. I felt so awful."

S-Line November 9, 2016