User Reviews for Levaquin

Learn more about Levaquin.

Kidney Infections 14 reviews 94 medications

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 6 reviews 162 medications

4.1
Summary of Levaquin reviews 304 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Levaquin

For Sinusitis "Took for sinus infection in 2009. At the time I wasn't warned that strenuous activity could cause permanent damage while on this med. I torn a muscle so bad it wouldn't heal. Immediately began getting neuropathy. It progressed and worsened over time. Now... after 8 years, it's finally taken over my body's nervous system and enlarged trunk lines of nerve paths all over body. Hands are numb, feet are numb, sharp pains all over, torn muscle is now a grizzle and emits sharp debilitating pain. Polyneuropathy is progressing slowing but surely. Had to stop working because of pain. Taking Lyrica and NSAIDs... doesn't help much. At end of road! No cure... doctors says it reminds them of exposure to agent orange... DO NOT USE THIS DRUG!"

Disabled... took 8 years! (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia "This is horrible medicine. My arms are so sore can hardly move them I have never ached so bad."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Kidney Infections "I was prescribed this for a kidney infection. I took one dose. With that dose I felt so sick to my stomach, had horrible anxiety, my face felt hot and I felt sweaty. My calves of my legs also felt sore. I stopped after that first dose because I felt so awful and read some pretty scary side effects! I went to a different Dr and he put me on doxy which is much safer."

Koober1 (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "DO NOT USE THIS DRUG!!! I was prescribed Lavaquin for a sinus infection over 2 years ago & I am still suffering the side effects. The tendon pain was SO severe during & many months after finishing this med. Now, 2 & 1/2 years later, I still have severe tendon pain, stabbing, hot pain mostly in my wrists, hands & arms. I do not sleep through the night, due to the horrific pain & it persists constantly throughout the days! I have Achilles problems now & can not walk or stand up for any length of time. I am sure I have permanent tendon damage from this drug, which my doctor denies can be caused by this drug & wants to do further tests for autoimmune disease! Stay away from this drug it is poison and ruined my quality of life!!!!!!"

Another big pharm victim (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis "Had to stop after three days due to Achilles tenderness. Achilles still sore three weeks after stopping drug."

Roostertail59 June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Kidney Infections "I took levoFLOXacin for ten days as the third antibiotic for a kidney infection. The first antibiotic cleared one bacteria and the 2nd and 3rd cleared up the 2nd bacteria. The only adverse reaction was to levoFLOXacin. About day 6, I woke during the night with pain in my right arm, from the upper arm to the top of my hand. I thought I'd slept on it wrong. But the pain continued, mostly in the upper arm until 2 days after I completed the regimen. Now, 2 weeks later, I continue to experience pain . If I carry anything the least bit heavy, the upper arm hurts. Yesterday I used it as little as possible but did use my right arm. I had some pain all the way to the top if my hand again. I had reaction to Cipro. I shouldn't have taken this drug."

Right arm (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia "I had been on another antibiotic for 3 weeks. When I went in for a recheck, I still had pneumonia, so was put on Levaquin for 5 days. The first day I took it in the morning & it made me light headed, so I decided to take it @ night. It would cause me to wake up throughout the night. I would also have a burning sensation in my chest & get hot. I went back in for a checkup & the x-ray showed that some parts had improved, but some parts were worse. I was referred to a pulmonologist. I feel like it was too strong for my body."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Kidney Infections "750 mg for 7 days home health and approx four days of hospitalization on levaquin. Drug is given once a day via IV. I am severely itchy at this point, not much is helping. Some temporary quick fixes with dr. Teals body oil. Last dose tomorrow, I feel weak, tired and have have the occasional muscle spasms accompiened by a nasty rash all over my legs, arms and stomach. It feels awful. I am ready to get off the meds tomorrow and hopefully the sleep insomnia will subside along with the muscle spasms."

Misses itch May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "This med has been effective but it has caused such bad joint stiffness that I can barely walk. My back, knees, ankles are in extreme pain. I also feel very dizzy and like I'm going to faint sometimes, really bad gas, and constipation. And, the fatigue is unreal. I can't seem to make anyone understand. I still feel sick now but in a different way. If I had not been so sick, I would not have taken this again. This has been my third levaquin experience. I just can't do it again."

SC Girl (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis "Wow!! Sicker than a dog yesterday. I had bronchitis and my Dr prescribed Levaquin. This morning already a marked improvement!! No side effects and on my way to feeling good as new!"

Wuzzwe May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia "Although the levaquin did help my pneumonia symptoms, the side effects were terrible! I discontinued after 6 days, but still have side effects 3 weeks later! Severe foot pain and muscle spasms and unusual bleeding and bruising along with thinning of the skin. I have purple blood spots all over and my skin will tear with the slightest nick. The pain was up one entire leg but started in my foot. My foot hurts 24 hours a day with a burning feeling that does not respond to massage therapy. Pain pills are only minimally effective. I would never take it again. Also causes insomnia."

Anonymous May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia "Age 63. I developed pneumonia from a respiratory infection passed on from my wife the school teacher. Once a day Levaquin knocked out the pneumonia in 5 days and an x-ray on day 7 my lungs were clear. On day 9 I developed tendonitis in my shoulder replacement that had been in place for 3 years. I was prescribed a high power NSAID by the orthopedic surgeon. After 3 weeks. I turned out fine."

PJI2000 (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia "This is Michael's daughter Elyssa. I am his voice now since he was misdiagnosed with double pneumonia and given Levaquin. IT KILLED HIM. What more do you need to know? Don't take it. "

Michael Goldmam May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia "This drug is GARBAGE and should be taken off the Market. I was hospitalized with pneumonia. The doctor prescribed it for me when I was released from the hospital. It has destroyed my appetite as well as my stomach. I can't sleep. I am nauseous every day. I have 2 more doses to take. I decided not to take them. I can't tolerate all the side effects."

Conjos (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis "I was put on this medicine for 10 days. It's HORRIBLE!!! On the 8th day I ended up passing out and waking up on my tile floor in a pile of blood!!!! I had broke all 5 of my front teeth and my nose!!! I was rushed to the dentist, oral surgeon and then the EMERGENCY ROOM!! THEY WANTED TO KEEP ME OVERNIGHT!!! This drug should be banned!!! Its terrible!!! "

kmcq (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis "Levaquin destroyed my life. It has no fewer than 3 black box warnings from the FDA. It destroy the mitochondrial sheath around my nerve endings. I went from an active weight lifter, hunter, golfer to a body racked with pain permanently damaged from Levaquin. A warning to all this drug was developed for anthrax. Drs use it basically the same a using an atom bomb to kill a mouse. It's a very very powerful drug that is way overused and will affect 3-5% of the population with permanent damage. Avoid at all costs unless it's the only alternative in a life threatening situation."

Felland Gus April 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "PLEASE DON'T TAKE LEVAQUIN or any other fluoroquinolone. It can destroy all of the tendons in your body and cause severe organ damage. It has basically disabled me. There are AT LEAST tens of 1,000s of people harmed by this drug. The FDA put out a black box warning against this drug in July 2016. Please read it!"

JT622 (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I can't find the 0 for this crappy poison pill. I'm 3 years out and still suffer pains and other toxicity symptoms , do you research before taking this horrible pill , I talk a least with 2 new people everyday damage by this pill"

ricato April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis "It attacked my joints and could not walk for weeks . It's been 4 months and I can't use my shoulders ."

Hurting lady April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "This has been a horror since I took this drug - which did nothing for the situation it was prescribed for. I became unable to walk, or grip anything, and basically became an invalid. I was writhing in severe pain every night from the small amount of shuffling I had to do to keep the shreds of my life going. I got no help from my doctor, who denied the entire thing (worried about a lawsuit probably). The medical/pharmaceutical industry keeps us in the dark - the side effects listed officially are rubbish. I also had complete fog brain, as if my mind had been replaced with gelatin, really terrifying. I also had, in the first year, random speeding heart, like I was going to have a heart attack. 4 yrs later I am still bad. DON'T TAKE THIS DRUG unless you have a life threatening infection"

RuinedLife (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis "I am taking this for bronchitis, works great with only one side effect not mentioned, my hair falls out. It comes back after a few months but my thick hair gets very thin"

Sand451 March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "I was given Levaquin and it all most killed me. The doctor had me on it for 10 days , I thought I was dying the doctor did nothing , my pharmacist talk to me and told me I was having side effects. I stop taking it - it took a week before I thought I was still going to live. Now my muscles ache all the time. My neck hurts can not lay flat on my back. And other things to. Please do not take it."

Mable murphy March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis "The first dose made me extremely dizzy. The second dose had me very dizzy, passing out, and not being able to breathe. After a trip to the emergency room, I've decided I'm not taking this ever again"

Thought I was dying (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia "Must of been allergic, made me itch"

Onakl February 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "I used this medicine for over 20 years for chronic sinusitis. The recent 3x I have taken it I broke out in hives all over my body that lasted for 2 hours. Has anyone else had a similar reaction? Not sure how after all these years I have an allergic reaction to something. Dr. gave me Sulfamethoxazole-TMP in lieu of Levoquin and I am scared out of my mind to take something new. I have a 11 year history of random allergies to food and medications."

Reese2016 January 25, 2017