User Reviews for Levaquin to treat Prostatitis

Levaquin has an average rating of 4.4 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Prostatitis. 33% of those users who reviewed Levaquin reported a positive effect, while 44% reported a negative effect.

Levaquin Rating Summary

4.4/10 average rating

Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Prostatitis.

jbw · Taken for less than 1 month December 18, 2020

“I also had Prostatitis. Changed to Levaquin after the Cipro wouldn't cure it. I also experienced severe tendonitis which my doctor never mentioned. I usually read the adverse affects labels before taking but I had non on the levaquin. About a week in on the medication I had to stop taking and moved on to another antibiotic. I continued to have side effects after discontinuance and still suffer from the tendonitis today. Having said that I had not been experiencing any problems with my tendons prior to taking this other then occasionally from over exertion. Now it is something I live with on a daily basis. Age 63 when taking in 2018. Now 12/18/2020.”

Njanie · Taken for less than 1 month September 28, 2018

“I took this Rx as prescribed by my doctor. 500 mg 1/daily. On the 4th day I developed severe tendinitis to the point that I couldn’t walk. I immediately notified my doctor and discontinued the Rx. Dr. then put me on Augmentin for my supposedly bacterial infection. Ugh! Side effects should be looked at closer.”

CNA daughter · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2016

“I think it should be considered medical malpractice for a physician to prescribe this drug to an elderly man with heart problems, especially known congestive heart failure. My father didn't know he should report muscle weakness he experienced while taking this drug, and there was no followup by the physician. Since the heart is a muscle, I think this drug propelled my father into endstage heart failure, which he now has.”

mikeymcdouchebag June 27, 2010

“My doctor prescribed Levaquin for my prostatis. He gave me a four week course and it has completely done the trick. It's been 6 months and still no sign of any prostatis. I had absolutely no side effects. If your lips are swelling you are probably allergic to the medicine and should stop immediately.”

Land St. C April 11, 2015

“I have just started Levofloxacin for prostatitis that I've been battling for 4 months. I've tried Doxy and Cipro with no luck. I'm day two into Levofloxacin and I'm experiencing pretty back anxiety. Has anybody else experienced anxiety on this medication? Should I stop taking it or try and push through it?? Thank you”

kevin_64 October 26, 2007

“I took this a few years ago for prostatitis and after 1 pill I got hives on my lip. I took it again the second day and got more hives on my lip so I discontinued it. I forgot about it and for some reason saved the prescription. Anyway, I got prostatitis again and forgot about the hives, so I just took one this morning and within an hour I had a big hive on my lip. It has been a little over 2 hours now and it is begining to go away. I am not allergic to any other medication I have ever taken.”

Anonymous October 29, 2009

“I was given a month supply and after 2 days the side effects are to great I just can't take it anymore. I wake up in the middle of night to use restroom and will be so dizzy I feel like I will be about to faint. I'll sit down to use restroom and my arms and hands start to tingle. My calves are also VERY sore. I'm not allergic to any other medication that I know of either. Doctor is calling in a different medicine tomorrow.”

bob_f52 May 28, 2008

“I just finished 20 days of Levaquin. It certainly has helped and I'm hopeful the prostatitis is over. The reason I visited this site was to see if Levaquin was the reason for two episodes of swollen lips. The first was a big swollen lower lip at church a week ago and tonight, a swollen upper lip. The only other person to comment on this medicine on this website also had this problem. Aside from looking grotesque in a very primitive way, it doesn't seem a big problem.”

lga May 14, 2009

“I am 21 years old and my doctor put me on Levaquin for 10 days, so far everything is good all my prostatitis symptoms have gone away, the only problem so far is some of the side effects of the Levaquin. I noticed that it makes my skin or tendons very tender. The first day I used it I was cooking eggs in my kitchen, I had to stop for a second because I felt some pain in my hand. I looked at my hand it was red right where it was gripping the frying pan handle. As of right now I've been having a very difficult time falling asleep. ”

Anonymous June 7, 2009

“Took Levaquin for prostatitis. Didn't work and my Achilles tendons are very sore.”

Learn more about Prostatitis