User Reviews for Levaquin

Learn more about Levaquin.

Levaquin Rating Summary

4.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 174 medications used in the treatment of Skin or Soft Tissue Infection.

Reviews for Levaquin to treat Skin or Soft Tissue Infection

"The short list of damage that fluoroquinolones (FQs) did to me includes blood clots, broken blood vessels, bloated failing veins carved from 13 entry points, erratic blood pressure, hemochromatosis, liver damage, kidney damage, pulmonary edema, collapsed lung, hernia, torn lumbar muscle, half dozen bulging discs when I had none a few years before, peripheral neuropathy, shrinking eyeballs, tinnitus, multi-chemical sensitivity, gastrointestinal distress, hair loss, crumbling teeth, nosebleeds, nails fall off, spontaneous tendon ruptures, cartilage transplant, ligament damage, cognitive impairment and horrific mental anguish, psychosis, anxiety attacks and hundreds of other bizarre health issues. Many surgeries, more to come until I die early"

Girardia (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2016

"Dr. said I had cellulitus on my left ankle & foot. It was also very swollen and painful. I was very happy with taking Levaquin. It took the pain & swelling completely away and I didn't experience no side effects. I've had this flare up 2 more times & this is the only medication that has helped me. It is very exspensive, but other than that I'm very pleased."

Rizz January 23, 2014

"Prescribed this medicine for a skin infection. Side effects that I experienced were: confusion, sensitivity to sun, could feel some old muscle/tendon injuries stiffening, depression and even had some thoughts of suicide. These side effects were very real and tied directly to taking the medicine. I could feel the confusion and depression lift, literally within 2 minutes, when the side effect wore off. The depression would dissipate about 8 hours after taking the 500mg pill. "

Anonymous September 24, 2010

"I had a severe skin infection, and I used this medication and I had no issues. I was told not to overdose by taking the medicine to close together but altogether a positive experience. VERY Pricey though, that's the only downfall."

Anonymous June 16, 2010

"My son had a severe skin infection so my doctor gave him this medicine. He took it immediately on a empty stomach. He had just got home from Doctor's office. It made him sick so he threw up. I called the Doctor's office and told them what happeened and they told me to not give it to him anymore. It wasn't worth the side effect for my son."

deeC October 29, 2008