User Reviews for Levaquin (Page 2)

Learn more about Levaquin.

Kidney Infections 10 reviews 93 medications

5.5
Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 4 reviews 159 medications

Summary of Levaquin reviews 255 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Levaquin

For Streptococcal Infection "I was diagnosed with tonsillitis/strep condition. I was given a prescription of 7 pills. Took my first pill with water at 3:39PM and woke up at 5:30PM with my heart racing at over 120bpm and felt every blood vessel in my body pulsating. This lasted for only about 45 seconds to a minute I think. I was more worried about going into cardiac arrest than timing how long this was going on for. After that read forums on long lasting horrible side effects. No other symptoms till the next day. Woke up with sore knees. Did more "internet research on this drug and how it should be banned. My toes and heels are tingling, numb and feel like pins/needles and burning. Called my Dr. for a different prescription. Zithromax, which is fine."

TLuggiero (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

For Sinusitis "Never, ever take this drug or those part of the Flouroquinolone family (Cipro, etc.). I didn't realize that this was a blacklisted drug; it should be illegal to prescribe such a thing and the doctor who prescribed this to me failed to tell me about the side effects. When I asked her what the side effects were, she said "lightheadedness". Thankfully I only took about 750 mg in total and am going to do whatever I can to expel this poison from my body. Warn everyone you know to NEVER take this drug."

Anonymous January 30, 2016

For Bronchitis "The pain in my legs from the hips to the knee was excruciating. I thought I had bone cancer. This lasted for 2.5 weeks even after I stopped taking the med. Walking was almost impossible even with pain meds."

1Cate January 28, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "If you live, for decades after taking levaquin, you will experience multiple tendon ruptures, in your arms, shoulders, legs and achillies tendons. All your muscles will forever be weak and your reflexes slow. Do not take, under any circumstances, unless you want to destroy your health."

CaptianK (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2016

For Bronchitis "I took Levaquin and think it should be banned. I went to bed and had horrible racing thoughts...a terrible terrible experience. My Dr. insisted I come to office when I called in the morning. I would have liked to rate it as 0 but I had to select and the only option was 1. I will never take this family of drugs."

Anonymous January 9, 2016

For Sinusitis "Levaquin is my miracle prescription for sinus infections. I usually get 2 really nasty sinus infections a year-Levaquin is the ONLY antibiotic that had worked for me. I have never had any side effects, other than getting well! I always take It exactly as prescribed: 1 per day, (for 10 days), with lots of water."

Z'sla January 1, 2016

For Pneumonia "I have pneumonia in both lungs for the second time in 35 days. I was hospitalized this time though, so it's definitely worse the the first illness. The only side effect I've noticed is nausea. If I drink water quickly, I immediately feel the need to throw up. Problem is that I'm always thirsty. I am home now thank goodness, still sick but I have what I need. I left AMA because I've got four kids with Christmas on their brains. Hopefully my pills will do the trick."

INeedCoffee December 24, 2015

For Bronchitis "After one 500mg dose of this drug, I began having a racing heart and my muscles twitching from head to toe, severe dizziness and nausea. This progressed to my ankle and knee joints cracking/popping upon walking, shoulder hurting, toe and finger pain and now, the next day, nerve pain in my occipital region on the back of my head. I began reading and started high doses of magnesium/transdermal mag spray, TONS of water, high doses Vit C, juicing and homemade bone broth with rest for my joints. This medicine apparently severely depletes the body of magnesium, damages michocondria and prevents new tendon cells from being formed. I hope what I'm doing counteracts any long term damage and I'm highly upset it was prescribed with black box warnings!"

MommaLyonn (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2015

For Sinusitis "I don't know if I am getting well or not. But I am having a good bit of the side effects All the inflammation, swelling, weakness, and hurting all over hand arm, shoulders, legs and feet. I sit down an I don't want to move again because of all this. I'm also experiencing the confusion, emotional, and mood changes."

kjs81 December 4, 2015

For Bronchitis "I took this antibiotic for a bronchial infection. I did get rid of the infection. But while on it, I had horrible nightmares (the gory kind you can't talk about); was jittery, moody and the tendonitis in my shoulder came back. I also have MS with mild symptoms. Problem is, now that I'm off of it I feel "fluish", my neck hurts, shoulder hurts, I've had horrible spasms in my legs and feet and not the kind that you get with MS. I was prescribed this because I can not take any of the "clillans" or erythamicin(sp) of a Z Pac. I have no idea when this is going to end. I would not recommend this to anyone. And don't get me started with the back pain."

Cacky (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Took one 250 mg tab of levofloxacin at 6 p.m. yesterday and am still experiencing side effects 18 hours later. My symptoms are reduced but are replaced with a 6 out of 10 on the pain scale- stomach ache. I have nausea, heart palpitations, dizziness, headache and joint aches. Ive called my doc back today to see about getting alternative med. I will not take another dose of this medication."

kripke (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "Gave me hives so couldn't take for long. No good for me!!"

J7m October 29, 2015

For Sinusitis "I was nervous after these reviews but it works wonders and I had no serious side effects.. I was suffering with a sinus infection for weeks and literally after the first tablet I felt a bit better and in a few days in I was completely fine but of course I had to take the full course. I DID have a few mild side effects. The night I took the first pill, I felt really hot. I had no temperature bu I suppose it's similar to what a hot flash would feel like-maybe it was the meds getting to work. They also gave me HORRIBLE nightmares EVERY night-it was weird. Also, they say to take lots of water-didn't have to tell me twice because I was terribly thirsty and felt 'dried out' so it made me guzzle water, anyway. However, it worked well and soon."

Politely Pompous (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2015

For Pneumonia "Levaquin seems to be the only antibiotic that actually helped clear up my lungs...it is just very unfortunate that it has such awful side effects. I contracted a yeast infection after 2 days. The medication made me an absolute insomniac! There was no way to sleep, which made things worse. I am willing to deal with these side effects to get better, but it's certainly not for those who don't want to deal with possibly getting worse before they get better. I am 23."

Lizzietonnie October 25, 2015

For Kidney Infections "Was prescribed levoflexacin when stent was placed in my kidney/urether for kidney stone. Took 5 day course of 500mg daily and had no problems except for dry skin and dandruff/peeling of skin in hairy areas. Then 15 days later was prescribed 750mg daily for 7 days. On sixth day all hell broke lose. There was severe pain in my knees, ankles, elbows, wrists, fingers, back and shoulders. Had hard time walking or laying down on sofa. 1 month later the pains are slightly better but not completely gone. Be careful with this drug. I am 44 yrs old."

Navi P (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2015

For Bladder Infection "This drug made my muscles hurt for MONTHS!!! I will NEVER take it again. My doctor agreed I should never take it again. Very painful!"

JSGreene September 12, 2015

For Sinusitis "I now rarely get sick but I've had sinusitis for years due to my allergies. I've found out from my experience with sinus infections that there is no better drug than LEVAQUIN for killing a sinus infection. I just went to the doctor for my ears being clogged for about 4 weeks now and she said I have fluid behind my ear drums and prescribed me 7 days of Levaquin 500mg. I'm about to start taking it tonight and in a few days I'll see results... I've used it a number of times for bad sinus infections and it never fails to work w/ no side effects that I can see. Great drug. : )"

R8DERMAN (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2015

For Bronchitis "Horrible horrible nausea"

MamaMel69 August 12, 2015

For Pneumonia "Came down with pneumonia and this medicine fixed me right up. Was on it for 10 days and the only side effect I noticed was feeling extra tired, but that could have been the pneumonia as well. Wonderful experience."

floatingwithellipsis (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2015

For Sinusitis "I had pneumonia the month before and was given Biaxin for 10 days. After a month, I started to have horrible sinus pains and was very weak and tired. After chest / sinus xray I was prescribed Levaquin for 10 days x 500mg. I was concerned about Levaquin due to side effects mentioned online. It was recommended during the Levaquin to drink a ton of water as well as take a probiotic. I took probaclac 7 twice a day(brkfst / dinner) and the levaquin at lunch time. Other then a few minor tendon aches that only lasted a day, I had no other side effects with the medication. Maybe the probiotc / ton of water helped. i felt better after day 4. 100% better now."

Bster July 13, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "i have been suffering with a sinus infection for over 2 months. I was on Bactrin for 14 days , Predisone for 10days which is a steroid which to allergy medicine used OTC sinus medicine then finally was given this med. After only one dose my sinus ,ear pain & sore throat cause by post nasal drip began to disappear. I did experience some coughing the first time Ilaid down but guess what the mucus was not longer greenishyellow draining it was super dark green. That was one serious infection! Tried & true believe me it worked for me. I had laryngitis for 2 months and two days after this medication my voice is back:) two thumbs up"

Steelergal33 June 4, 2015

For Sinusitis "I have had chronic sinusitus for 30 years. Sometimes 4 per year and we had to do cultures to make sure we got the right bug after have numerous antibiotics failed. I think allergies and maybe viral infections start it off and then it turns into an infection. This medication has worked for me over the last 10 years ,although we have used other drugs to good effect. I have had few side effects except for dizzyiness and some brain fog for a few hours after taking the drug. It works very quickly on my infections but I do worry about side effects. I have been an avid weight lifter and never slowed down while on this med and had no issues with tendons or aches. This time I will take it a little easier and just keep my joints and muscles moving!"

rsilver (taken for 10 years or more) May 21, 2015

For Sinusitis "I am on day 3 of taking this medicine and feel horrible. I haven't slept in 2 nights and don't want to eat. I am calling my doctor in the morning and telling him I will not take anymore of this. I have never felt this bad from a drug before."

dstie May 20, 2015

For Sinusitis "I was prescribed Levaquin 500mg 1x/day for chronic sinus infections. On day 8 (of a 10 day prescription), I woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. Every tendon in my body hurt. Even the tiny ones in my fingers. It took me till the next day to realize it was the Levaquin causing this (no doctor or pharmacist had warned me). I threw out the day 10 pill. This was 3 mths ago. For the first two weeks, the pain got worse. I was unable to walk for a week. After that, it gradually began to subside and I began to be able to walk, albeit very slowly, again. I spent about a month on bed rest. I just saw an ortho yesterday and she is optimistic about my progress. She said it may take about 1 yr for me to heal. I am about 85% better."

Anonymous in GA (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2015

For Sinusitis "I started taking this med this morning and after a few hours I began feeling better. No side effects thus far, but very impressed with it's speed."

Anonymous May 8, 2015