User Reviews for Levaquin (Page 2)

Learn more about Levaquin.

Kidney Infections 14 reviews 94 medications

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 7 reviews 162 medications

3.8
Summary of Levaquin reviews 312 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Levaquin

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I can't find the 0 for this crappy poison pill. I'm 3 years out and still suffer pains and other toxicity symptoms , do you research before taking this horrible pill , I talk a least with 2 new people everyday damage by this pill"

ricato April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis "It attacked my joints and could not walk for weeks . It's been 4 months and I can't use my shoulders ."

Hurting lady April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "This has been a horror since I took this drug - which did nothing for the situation it was prescribed for. I became unable to walk, or grip anything, and basically became an invalid. I was writhing in severe pain every night from the small amount of shuffling I had to do to keep the shreds of my life going. I got no help from my doctor, who denied the entire thing (worried about a lawsuit probably). The medical/pharmaceutical industry keeps us in the dark - the side effects listed officially are rubbish. I also had complete fog brain, as if my mind had been replaced with gelatin, really terrifying. I also had, in the first year, random speeding heart, like I was going to have a heart attack. 4 yrs later I am still bad. DON'T TAKE THIS DRUG unless you have a life threatening infection"

RuinedLife (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis "I am taking this for bronchitis, works great with only one side effect not mentioned, my hair falls out. It comes back after a few months but my thick hair gets very thin"

Sand451 March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "I was given Levaquin and it all most killed me. The doctor had me on it for 10 days , I thought I was dying the doctor did nothing , my pharmacist talk to me and told me I was having side effects. I stop taking it - it took a week before I thought I was still going to live. Now my muscles ache all the time. My neck hurts can not lay flat on my back. And other things to. Please do not take it."

Mable murphy March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis "The first dose made me extremely dizzy. The second dose had me very dizzy, passing out, and not being able to breathe. After a trip to the emergency room, I've decided I'm not taking this ever again"

Thought I was dying (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia "Must of been allergic, made me itch"

Onakl February 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "I used this medicine for over 20 years for chronic sinusitis. The recent 3x I have taken it I broke out in hives all over my body that lasted for 2 hours. Has anyone else had a similar reaction? Not sure how after all these years I have an allergic reaction to something. Dr. gave me Sulfamethoxazole-TMP in lieu of Levoquin and I am scared out of my mind to take something new. I have a 11 year history of random allergies to food and medications."

Reese2016 January 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "Had a sinus infection for over a month, but didn't know it, because it started out as pain in my teeth. Went to dentist on 2 seperate occassions within 2 weeks to have a check-up and x-rays. X-rays revealed nothing wrong with my teeth. Pain went to throat for 2 weeks and then my ear. All on left-side. Went to my PCP, who said my sinuses were almost completely closed. I did not have any pain around eyes/nose at this point. Put on Levaquin. The pain has gotten worse!! Has not helped me with my sinus infection. In fact, I'm on day 6, and not only do I have pain in my teeth, ears, and throat still, but now it's traveled throughout my entire head! The malaise I feel is horrible! Been mainly in bed for 5 days now! Horrible antibiotic!!"

BethAM23 January 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia "Too expensive for fixed income patients. Classified as a tier 3 drug."

Storeyjwf January 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection "Am allergic to penicillin & more recently Keflex -a not uncommon occurrence in those with penicillin allergy. Prior to allergy, Keflex was slow to work & caused nausea whether taken mid meal or on an empty stomach. I've used Levaquin for stubborn sinus infections & more recently my first UTI. The first time I took it, I experienced muscle soreness. With each subsequent prescription the side effects have vanished & it's efficaciousness has not diminished .Of note for those who give up on it due to nausea & muscle aches: hydration helps reduce the symptoms. This med is not for those with certain heart issues or on some meds for mental health diagnosis."

Mimi01 January 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION - EVER! Should be illegal. Went to the urgent care during the holidays w/chest congestion, cough, low grade fever, & sinus headache on Monday. Told the doctor I was starting a 8 day cruise on Thursday. She gave me a 10 day, 750 mg tablet of Levoquin. Had a dull ache in my right side after a couple of days on the cruise, which seemed to progress every day. When I got home, I was favoring my right shoulder. 2 nights ago the pain was so bad I couldn't move it & it was very swollen. Went to emergency and was diagnosed with Tendonitis caused by the Levoquinn. Read drug info & horrified that doctor prescribed it to me, 60 yr. old, without trying any other treatment first. So many warnings on this drug."

LuAnnF January 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchitis "I am only able to take levaquin or cipro due to allergies to other antibiotic's. I normally only had 500 mg. This time doctor gave me 750 mg for ten days and was added prednisone 20mg take three tab daily for four day. I was feeling bad on the higher dose of levaquin but needs to get better being asthmatic, I stopped after 7th day of antibiotic and stopped prednisone as well, pains burning inflammation was horrible confusion, rapid heart beat, shaky legs. Can't move left arm well from shoulder to fingers, weakness pain. Pain discomfort in joints muscles bones. My kidneys and abdominal discomfort on and off with that. My physician said could be higher dosage plus on October was on 500mg. Says it tendonitis."

trisha m December 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Infection "DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG! Point blank period it should be illegal! It gave me tendinitis only 4 after starting"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia "I was being treated for pneumonia. Levaquin seems too be knocking down the pneumonia down after two rounds of another antibiotic seemed ineffective. I m now 8 days out from my last dose and feel awful. The joint pain is horrific. I used to exercise, don't know if I will ever be able again. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG. If your insurance allows opt for hospital care."

kredlady (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "I'm SUPER sensitive to medications. On 500mg for 5 days, had a sinus infection for about 6 weeks now. So far, I can't sleep really at all, but looks like you can take a Benadryl or something with it that may help you sleep. Will discuss with doctor. Hesitant about taking this because of all the comments here and the (black box warning) about the medication that everyone should read about Levofloxacin (google it). I'm feeling really scattered and can't focus mentally, insomnia and dizziness if I get up too quickly are the biggest issues. I am not taking any of my usual vitamins and no gym, but so far ok. Will update if any changes. *Update, I ended up having to cut the pills in half per doc ok. I felt so awful."

S-Line November 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia "A HORRIBLE DRUG. BEWARE I was diagnosed with pneumonia one week ago at the local emergency room. The ER doctor gave me 1 pill of Levaquin and I took 2 more from the pharmacy. I took a total of 3 500 MG pills that gave me constant, deep, sore pain in my arms from my shoulders to my elbows. The pain was so bad on day 3 that I could hardly drive a car, put on a seatbelt, put on a shirt or turn on a light switch. I stopped taking the drug and went to my family doctor for a different antibiotic. Neither the ER doctor or the family doctor knew anything about muscle and tendon problems. I'm really angry about this. I am over 60 with no big health problems and don't appreciate being poisoned."

HG1954 (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "Works well, but I refrain from exercise when taking. It's the only antibiotic strong enough to cure bad sinus infections. Have taken it a couple of times for years with no issues except a little insomnia."

Beachrunner 63 September 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "I get a really tough Sinus infection each October and Early Spring like clock work. If I let the infection go too long without going to a Physician - I can be in bed with thick phlegm, headache, full head, and extreme fatigue for several weeks. Levaquin is the only medication that get rid of these infections. Walk in clinics never prescribe it%u2026 so have to wait to get in with my own GP. In Mexico you can buy it without a prescript - as I did last year on vacation when I came down with a Sinus infection but hence- as alot of things in Mexico - was a scam%u2026. sugar pills. The only side effect I have ever had was tendon pain - that cleared up relatively soon. This is the go-to for anyone suffering Chronic Sinus infections."

pianoman1966 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "The short list of damage that fluoroquinolones (FQs) did to me includes blood clots, broken blood vessels, bloated failing veins carved from 13 entry points, erratic blood pressure, hemochromatosis, liver damage, kidney damage, pulmonary edema, collapsed lung, hernia, torn lumbar muscle, half dozen bulging discs when I had none a few years before, peripheral neuropathy, shrinking eyeballs, tinnitus, multi-chemical sensitivity, gastrointestinal distress, hair loss, crumbling teeth, nosebleeds, nails fall off, spontaneous tendon ruptures, cartilage transplant, ligament damage, cognitive impairment and horrific mental anguish, psychosis, anxiety attacks and hundreds of other bizarre health issues. Many surgeries, more to come until I die early"

Girardia (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "Lost 40% of Achilles' tendon! All my tendons in hands, feet shoulders, neck ---actually, all o we my body are sore all the time! Can't work out anymore, have a hard time doing housework, landscaping, sleeping, Can't open bottles. Put my bra on because of the soreness in my shoulder muscles etc. I hate this feeling all the time! I am not myself anymore. Used to be the poster child of health for a 69 year old"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia "I started having trouble about 1 month after i finished my prescription. I have severe joint pain from my hips down. I was a very active person, walking 6-7 miles a day, now i barely get 2 because my feet & knees hurt so bad."

Char4u2lv September 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Kidney Infections "I have taken Levaquin on various occasions for uti.I never really had side effects after only a week of it. The improvement in the infection was pretty rapid and remarkable. In 2 days I felt better than I had in 3 months, so I was suffering from this uti off and on for awhile. Doxycycline and Keflex couldn't touch it. I consider Levaquin the gold standard for a uti. Unfortunately this time I had a kidney infection as well, so I was really miserable. However, if you take Levaquin for several weeks you can have tendon and muscle problems. but my gosh, you have to get rid of the infection or you'll die. so I recommend this over Cipro. Cipro sometimes has to be taken again. I always recommend Levaquin to people."

golfhat (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pneumonia "Prescribed Levaquin for 5 days. 5 to 10 days after completing medication, which killed the pneumonia, I started to have joint pain. Now, over two months after taking this medication I am pretty much disabled. I have what is now called Fluoroquinolone induced tendonapathy in my shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees and ankles. I also suffer from neurological changes that effect my sense of touch and I feel like I am suffering from mild electric shocks all over my body. I wish I would not have been given this antibiotic. It has slowly destroyed my quality of life."

WickedVision September 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sinusitis "Omg. This medicine is scary. Had a very, very bad sinus infection. I was desperate for relief. A day after taking this medicine, I felt a stiffness in my neck. Thought nothing of it, maybe I slept on it wrong? Switched pillows. Next night, worse. Three days in, could barely stand the pain in my neck. Then it hit me that the medicine was causing the muscle/tendon issue. Also, this medicine made me seriously feel out of it. I had to stop after 4 days. I'd rather deal with the sinus infection."

Evrimbee August 27, 2016