User Reviews for Levaquin (Page 2)

Learn more about Levaquin.

Kidney Infections 10 reviews 93 medications

5.5
Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 4 reviews 160 medications

Summary of Levaquin reviews 261 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Levaquin

For Pneumonia "Sure it got rid of the pneumonia. But at what cost??? Bad anxiety terrible pain in knees and ankles. I was given xanax to deal with the side effects of the levaquin. Never taking this agin."

Nrem24 (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed Levaquin following a week of taking Cipro. The Levaquin has caused serious and chronic diarrhea that continues even being off the medication for over 2 weeks."

Frantogo February 17, 2016

For Bronchitis "I am 86 years old. I only took 2 doses of 750 mg over 2 days & was having calf pain, nervousness & trouble sleeping."

Patrick girl February 14, 2016

For Bronchitis "I feel like I am going to itch my legs and feet off. I have a red bumpy rash. I had better go back to Doctor in the morning. I hate this - my legs and feet are so swelled up. Do not take this drug I ended up worse than I was. Thanks FDA"

itcy an scratchy February 13, 2016

For Sinusitis "I took ONE levaquin for a sinus infection and within 1 hour had a high fever. The blood vessels in my legs began leaking blood under my skin (a condition called vasculitis that is now permanent), my feet/hands were so swollen we almost had to cut off my wedding ring, and by the next morning I couldn't move ANY part of my body without excruciating pain. My doctor didn't know what was going on and called in a steroid, which helped me be able to move again, but it was a month before I could stand/walk. That was 5 years ago. I had an existing autoimmune disease and this drug made it much worse. I now have infusions of chemo to treat my vasculitis, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and I suffer from permanent neuropathy. DON'T TAKE THIS DRUG."

SuzetteK (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was given this for 5 days,was a little hyper in the mornings but it cleared my uti right up.Would definitely take it again."

Lakayla (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

For Streptococcal Infection "I was diagnosed with tonsillitis/strep condition. I was given a prescription of 7 pills. Took my first pill with water at 3:39PM and woke up at 5:30PM with my heart racing at over 120bpm and felt every blood vessel in my body pulsating. This lasted for only about 45 seconds to a minute I think. I was more worried about going into cardiac arrest than timing how long this was going on for. After that read forums on long lasting horrible side effects. No other symptoms till the next day. Woke up with sore knees. Did more "internet research on this drug and how it should be banned. My toes and heels are tingling, numb and feel like pins/needles and burning. Called my Dr. for a different prescription. Zithromax, which is fine."

TLuggiero (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

For Sinusitis "Never, ever take this drug or those part of the Flouroquinolone family (Cipro, etc.). I didn't realize that this was a blacklisted drug; it should be illegal to prescribe such a thing and the doctor who prescribed this to me failed to tell me about the side effects. When I asked her what the side effects were, she said "lightheadedness". Thankfully I only took about 750 mg in total and am going to do whatever I can to expel this poison from my body. Warn everyone you know to NEVER take this drug."

Anonymous January 30, 2016

For Bronchitis "The pain in my legs from the hips to the knee was excruciating. I thought I had bone cancer. This lasted for 2.5 weeks even after I stopped taking the med. Walking was almost impossible even with pain meds."

1Cate January 28, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "If you live, for decades after taking levaquin, you will experience multiple tendon ruptures, in your arms, shoulders, legs and achillies tendons. All your muscles will forever be weak and your reflexes slow. Do not take, under any circumstances, unless you want to destroy your health."

CaptianK (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2016

For Bronchitis "I took Levaquin and think it should be banned. I went to bed and had horrible racing thoughts...a terrible terrible experience. My Dr. insisted I come to office when I called in the morning. I would have liked to rate it as 0 but I had to select and the only option was 1. I will never take this family of drugs."

Anonymous January 9, 2016

For Sinusitis "Levaquin is my miracle prescription for sinus infections. I usually get 2 really nasty sinus infections a year-Levaquin is the ONLY antibiotic that had worked for me. I have never had any side effects, other than getting well! I always take It exactly as prescribed: 1 per day, (for 10 days), with lots of water."

Z'sla January 1, 2016

For Pneumonia "I have pneumonia in both lungs for the second time in 35 days. I was hospitalized this time though, so it's definitely worse the the first illness. The only side effect I've noticed is nausea. If I drink water quickly, I immediately feel the need to throw up. Problem is that I'm always thirsty. I am home now thank goodness, still sick but I have what I need. I left AMA because I've got four kids with Christmas on their brains. Hopefully my pills will do the trick."

INeedCoffee December 24, 2015

For Bronchitis "After one 500mg dose of this drug, I began having a racing heart and my muscles twitching from head to toe, severe dizziness and nausea. This progressed to my ankle and knee joints cracking/popping upon walking, shoulder hurting, toe and finger pain and now, the next day, nerve pain in my occipital region on the back of my head. I began reading and started high doses of magnesium/transdermal mag spray, TONS of water, high doses Vit C, juicing and homemade bone broth with rest for my joints. This medicine apparently severely depletes the body of magnesium, damages michocondria and prevents new tendon cells from being formed. I hope what I'm doing counteracts any long term damage and I'm highly upset it was prescribed with black box warnings!"

MommaLyonn (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2015

For Sinusitis "I don't know if I am getting well or not. But I am having a good bit of the side effects All the inflammation, swelling, weakness, and hurting all over hand arm, shoulders, legs and feet. I sit down an I don't want to move again because of all this. I'm also experiencing the confusion, emotional, and mood changes."

kjs81 December 4, 2015

For Bronchitis "I took this antibiotic for a bronchial infection. I did get rid of the infection. But while on it, I had horrible nightmares (the gory kind you can't talk about); was jittery, moody and the tendonitis in my shoulder came back. I also have MS with mild symptoms. Problem is, now that I'm off of it I feel "fluish", my neck hurts, shoulder hurts, I've had horrible spasms in my legs and feet and not the kind that you get with MS. I was prescribed this because I can not take any of the "clillans" or erythamicin(sp) of a Z Pac. I have no idea when this is going to end. I would not recommend this to anyone. And don't get me started with the back pain."

Cacky (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "Took one 250 mg tab of levofloxacin at 6 p.m. yesterday and am still experiencing side effects 18 hours later. My symptoms are reduced but are replaced with a 6 out of 10 on the pain scale- stomach ache. I have nausea, heart palpitations, dizziness, headache and joint aches. Ive called my doc back today to see about getting alternative med. I will not take another dose of this medication."

kripke (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "Gave me hives so couldn't take for long. No good for me!!"

J7m October 29, 2015

For Sinusitis "I was nervous after these reviews but it works wonders and I had no serious side effects.. I was suffering with a sinus infection for weeks and literally after the first tablet I felt a bit better and in a few days in I was completely fine but of course I had to take the full course. I DID have a few mild side effects. The night I took the first pill, I felt really hot. I had no temperature bu I suppose it's similar to what a hot flash would feel like-maybe it was the meds getting to work. They also gave me HORRIBLE nightmares EVERY night-it was weird. Also, they say to take lots of water-didn't have to tell me twice because I was terribly thirsty and felt 'dried out' so it made me guzzle water, anyway. However, it worked well and soon."

Politely Pompous (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2015

For Pneumonia "Levaquin seems to be the only antibiotic that actually helped clear up my lungs...it is just very unfortunate that it has such awful side effects. I contracted a yeast infection after 2 days. The medication made me an absolute insomniac! There was no way to sleep, which made things worse. I am willing to deal with these side effects to get better, but it's certainly not for those who don't want to deal with possibly getting worse before they get better. I am 23."

Lizzietonnie October 25, 2015

For Kidney Infections "Was prescribed levoflexacin when stent was placed in my kidney/urether for kidney stone. Took 5 day course of 500mg daily and had no problems except for dry skin and dandruff/peeling of skin in hairy areas. Then 15 days later was prescribed 750mg daily for 7 days. On sixth day all hell broke lose. There was severe pain in my knees, ankles, elbows, wrists, fingers, back and shoulders. Had hard time walking or laying down on sofa. 1 month later the pains are slightly better but not completely gone. Be careful with this drug. I am 44 yrs old."

Navi P (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2015

For Bladder Infection "This drug made my muscles hurt for MONTHS!!! I will NEVER take it again. My doctor agreed I should never take it again. Very painful!"

JSGreene September 12, 2015

For Sinusitis "I now rarely get sick but I've had sinusitis for years due to my allergies. I've found out from my experience with sinus infections that there is no better drug than LEVAQUIN for killing a sinus infection. I just went to the doctor for my ears being clogged for about 4 weeks now and she said I have fluid behind my ear drums and prescribed me 7 days of Levaquin 500mg. I'm about to start taking it tonight and in a few days I'll see results... I've used it a number of times for bad sinus infections and it never fails to work w/ no side effects that I can see. Great drug. : )"

R8DERMAN (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2015

For Bronchitis "Horrible horrible nausea"

MamaMel69 August 12, 2015

For Pneumonia "Came down with pneumonia and this medicine fixed me right up. Was on it for 10 days and the only side effect I noticed was feeling extra tired, but that could have been the pneumonia as well. Wonderful experience."

floatingwithellipsis (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2015