User Reviews for Levaquin to treat Streptococcal Infection

Levaquin has an average rating of 5.0 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Streptococcal Infection. 50% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Levaquin Rating Summary

5.0/10 average rating

Compare all 14 medications used in the treatment of Streptococcal Infection.

nirvina787 May 29, 2008

“Few months back I had combined attack of Flu and bad strep throat. Could not eat or speak. 102-103 fever every 5-6 hours. Doctor gave me Zithromax (Azithromycin) 500 mg two times/day. After 4 days fever came under control but blood spots in my coughing would not go away. Finally Doctor gave Levaquin (1 capsule/day). With 1st dose, pain was reduced by 80%. With 2nd dose blood spots were gone, fever gone and no pain. By 3rd dose, I was like nothing happened. Excellent drug. Must finish 10 capsule course.”

Nicky · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2020

“I do not recommend this antibiotic, although I did feel better quickly from the infection. My tendons are got inflamed and achy. Especially in the calves of my legs, hips and knee pain. Do not use unless you have to. But mine was given with steroids.”

katph062000 April 2, 2010

“Not allergic to anything. On Day 15 round of antibiotics in February so needed something stronger to wipe out this Diphtheria and Strep throat. Could barely swallow yesterday. Took a pill yesterday, went to bed, woke up with a headache that was manageable along with some dizziness that is getting better. Little bit of pain in joints and some very soft stool this morning but I was thankful for that. I already can swallow today without much pain and feel about 20% better so it must be working at a fast rate. I am thankful, Only taking it for 7 days, 500MG”

Onlylvonce December 21, 2018

“This medication can cause weakening of tendons. At 43 I had a tear in my left Achilles. My right achilles tore and was repaired at age 49. The surgeon said my tendon was in VERY BAD shape. It didn't make it through the first repair because I fell and it totally ruptured. It took 18 months for full recovery. My recommendation is to STAY AWAY FEOM LEVAQUIN OR ANYTHING IN ITS FAMILY!!!!!”

Anonymous September 20, 2009

“Had an on again, off again strep virus for the last year. 24 hours later after taking Levaquin and I can tell a difference. Obviously a powerful medicine. If you are an experienced sinus/throat person and you've tried all of the over the counter medicine, alternative and weaker antibiotic version give this one a try. There are risks to taking this medicine. If you are not to sensitive, do it! This seems to be the only one with any effect that I tried.”

TLuggiero · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2016

“I was diagnosed with tonsillitis/strep condition. I was given a prescription of 7 pills. Took my first pill with water at 3:39PM and woke up at 5:30PM with my heart racing at over 120bpm and felt every blood vessel in my body pulsating. This lasted for only about 45 seconds to a minute I think. I was more worried about going into cardiac arrest than timing how long this was going on for. After that read forums on long lasting horrible side effects. No other symptoms till the next day. Woke up with sore knees. Did more "internet research on this drug and how it should be banned. My toes and heels are tingling, numb and feel like pins/needles and burning. Called my Dr. for a different prescription. Zithromax, which is fine.”

Anonymous September 4, 2009

“Had a secondary staph infection from an athlete's foot problem. Went to ER, gave me some antibiotics (forgot the name). Five days passed and no relief; saw a dermatologist and he put me on the Levaquin. First night was like World War III in my foot. Almost ran back to the ER, but you could feel this medicine working. Two days on the pill and swelling and redness subsided significantly. Third day, I could walk again and zero pain from the infection. This medicine works. Now, I'll admit that I've had sore Achilles tendons and I could feel the medicine working its way up into my knees. However, considering the pain I was in, I am okay with the trade off. Very expensive medicine - but works!”