User Reviews for Levaquin

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Levaquin.

Levaquin Rating Summary

5.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 92 medications used in the treatment of Bladder Infection.

Reviews for Levaquin to treat Bladder Infection

"Last night I panicked from side effects from this antibiotic I'm taking for a UTI! The first couple days I felt a tingling/electric feeling & muscle twitches all over my body, was restless, and woke a few times during the night. Tonight was my 3rd dose & the electric pins and needles/skin crawling feeling was intense and affected my ENTIRE body (I could feel it in my ear lobes and my eyes!), muscle spasms & twitches, uncontrollable shaking, hard to get a deep breath, hard to swallow, hard to talk, my tongue felt fat, jaw clenching, stuttering, dry mouth, stiff calf muscles, the arches of my feet were twitching, my rib muscles were cramping, paranoia, hearing things, difficulty thinking. Hope no permanent damage! I'm a fit 29-year-old."

Kristina E. (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This drug made my muscles hurt for MONTHS!!! I will NEVER take it again. My doctor agreed I should never take it again. Very painful!"

JSGreene September 12, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had severe urinary tract infection. It was very painful to urinate. After taking only one pill, pain subsided in ten minutes. I suffer from urinary tract infections frequently and have taken many medicines. This medicine is a miracle for me."

CorinaS May 10, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Lots of trouble sleeping and lots of anxiety with this medicine. It also makes me a bit depressed. Better if you can take it in the morning instead of later at night. Works, but there is probably something with less side effects that works just as well. Usually given this for sinus infections, this is the first time for cystitis."

Anonymous March 7, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Caused horrific migraine, horrible vomiting, awful anxiety and depression, hallucinations, insomnia and made my joints hurt really bad!"

Anonymous December 18, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"If you don't drink enough water, you'll probably get a major headache. I have also experienced nausea and dizziness, again probably due to not enough water. It did clear up my infection though."

Anonymous September 17, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Within 24 hours of beginning the medication my urinary tract pain was noticeably better. I had lots of anxiousness & trouble sleeping though. This could be because I took the medication about 1 hour before dinner every night. Thanks for the helpful site."

paradox1 March 27, 2008