User Reviews for Nitrofurantoin systemic

Urinary Tract Infection
4.5

Summary of Nitrofurantoin reviews 4.6 1,056 reviews

Reviews for Nitrofurantoin

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I had a UTI and started taking Furodantain after three days felt weak no energy I had the same feeling when I had hepatitis Changed to trimethroprin and feel better Not to be prescribed to UTI sufferers without a specimen of urine as this drug is very strong and I'm 67 felt dreadful"

Chicken livken (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "This medication had minimal effect, throughout the course of 5 days towards when the dose was due symptoms noted. After 5 days of therapy return of infection ++ within days. Associated with the urinary symptoms a pyrexia and feverish. Question: is it masking symptoms opposed to curing them, allowing a secondary overgrowth to occur."

Quickstep (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I am hoping this antibiotic my doctor prescribed will help. If I just think about having sex I get a UTI it seems but every single time I have sex I get a UTI and it is very stressful and stops me from living a full healthy life. I so hope this works 100mg post after sex , but I do read some take it prior , interesting , I will have to ask my doctor about that one."

AnneMarie63 (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2019

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This is my second experience with Macrobid. The first time I took it I was fresh out of the hospital after having a hysterectomy. And I assumed that the side effects that I was experiencing we’re from that surgery. But I’ve ended up with some bladder problems three months post op and an infection. My doctor put me on Macrobid yesterday, I took my second dose this morning, and I am sick as a dog. Heaviness in the chest, trouble breathing, headache, chills… This is the worst I have felt in three months. I called my doctor and said get me off this garbage"

Lucy January 12, 2019

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I am not sure how or why this drug is being made. It's the WORST. I went to immediate care [out of desperation] for UTI symptoms and they prescribed Macrobid. The first day was ok, my symptoms went away but I felt a little dizzy. The second day I was good but that night I started getting horrible cramping in my abdomen. I was up all night with what felt like a gastrointestinal infection or stomach virus. It was awful. The stabbing pains were so painful. I also had a terrible headache. Contacted my doctor and he was upset that I was prescribed this and immediately prescribed something else. I am on day 2 of being off Macrobid and still recovering. I do not recommend at all."

Charlotte January 11, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I had my first UTI . Dr said I had had it for awhile. Nitrofurantion is so far working wonderful. 5 day dosage. On day 3. And feel wonderful. Just a little tired. Keeping my fingers crossed."

Baxter (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2019

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: "I strongly dislike the motives of Big Pharma and I think antibiotics are the devil because they destroy your gut microbiome. When you have a bladder infection, that could progress to ones kidneys, you take them with a metaphorical grain of salt. I took the first dose at 7:23pm. I peed at around 7:50pm with pain. Had the urge to pee again at 9:29pm and had no pain at all! I thought I felt tingling around 8:10pm like I could feel the fight between the infection and the drug. I feel a little foggy in the head. My bowels are definitely loose because I have wet farts and that is from someone is always constipated so I pity the fool who poops everyday and takes this medication. I also experienced vaginal leakage (mucus)."

Sarah B (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2019

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: "Mild UTI so given Macrobid twice a day for 5 days. Followed instructions to the letter. 1st 2 very slight queasiness for an hour or so. Also felt odd-kind of out of it/drowsy but only for a few hours. Day 3 adjusted-both stomach and brain were fine. Then came the pain-pelvic, groin and abdominal-moving around. Sharp stabs AND dull throbbing waves. Then in my neck/under jaw and by ears (like stinging gland pain-if you’ve ever had the mumps you’ll know what I mean). I finished meds and let 2 days go hoping I’d feel better but no - I went back to Dr and my urine tested clear. Kidney test - no pain resulting. No fever. Abdomen fine on palpating-yet all these migrating (moving) pain keeps at me. I “feel” fine except for the widespread pain. I never know where it’s going to stab next. I don't know if its something the antibiotic did but this is very coincidental. I was in good health until this. Be careful with this medication!"

Ren January 5, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "*DO NOT TAKE*. Had a UTI and took this drug for 7 Days in October 2018. Experienced Migraine headaches that lasted 12 hrs a day every day. Never had one in my life. I should have thrown these poison pills out immediately. The UTI cleared up, but to this day I have ringing in my left ear. Have been to MD, ENT, cardiologist, and neurologist. Also had a Brain MRI. Nothing is showing up for my current state. I blame this terrible drug for the ear ringing. There are too many bad side effects from this drug. Do not become a victim. I wish I had known."

Connecticut Female (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2019

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I experienced every single side effect in this blog. After day five I drove myself to the emergency room. My organs almost shut down. I’m at home, can’t work, and now have to see a lung specialist this week. It’s been weeks and I still feel like I’m dying. I wish the people that had no problems would list their age. And great - I’m glad it worked for you if you had no problems, but don’t ever EVER tell anyone not to be afraid to take it. Be afraid, be very afraid. This med is no joke. I’m 49 and this is the worst thing that’s ever happened to me and I’m still so sick I can barely get up or breathe and my last dose was almost 4 weeks ago"

Ce (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2019

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I've been on this 4 days and had no issues. I think it irritates your bladder as do all antibiotics so during the course of your treatment, drink lots of water, not cranberry juice, if your bladder still hurts. It can take a few days for your bladder to feel better. It is probably red and sore inside. So go when you have to go and drink lots of fluids (water) and flush that bacteria out of you. If you get the side effects I've seen in a lot of posts, you're probably allergic. I've had two reactions to different antibiotics and ended up in the emergency room. Allergies isn't the fault of the medication. Just be careful and pay attention and don't take chances. You can become allergic to anything at any time. I did. The best thing to take when you're taking an antibiotic is a 90 billion probiotic and the refrigerated kind. Also if you're nauseous with this medicine, take with a full stomach and lots of water."

PattyCakes (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2019

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "I took this drug twice a day for seven days without any noticeable side effects until the last day. I developed a horrible “headache” near the back of my neck and came down with chills. After two days being off the medication, I still felt bad and had developed a dry cough as well as a temperature of 100.8. Today, my third day off of the medication, I’ve developed hives!! If this has all happened early on, I definitely would have stopped the medication!!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I used to get a UTI after sex without fail. Didn’t matter if I went to the restroom or drank all the cranberry juice in the world. Dr has me take a 100 mg pill after sex to prevent the urine infection and it’s worked perfectly. I haven’t had any side effects"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2018

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Please don’t take macrobid! I just got out of the hospital after taking full dose for a UTI. I started itching in my head on Friday by Sunday morning I had a severe rash and my joints and muscles hurt so bad my legs gave out on me and then I started having shortness of breath and chest pains. Went to the UTC where I got the prescription and they had me rushed the the ER. I was having a heart attack. They gave me a epi pen. I ended up staying in the hospital and did have a heart attack but because I did not have blocked arteries it was not a major one but this drug caused some cells to die in my heart and now I have to go to a cardiologist to find out what is next for me. Please please be careful taking this drug."

Marie December 19, 2018

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Bladder Infection: "I had the most miserable UTI/bladder infection. I took a course of macrobid and my infection was gone! I try to stay away from abusing antibiotics so it could be the reason why I had a better experience than some people. I didn’t notice any side effects, but then I am not the type of going out of my way to look for things that are wrong. I was so happy that I felt significantly better right away!!"

Liz (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Within hours after taking Nitrofurantoin for UTI I was bedridden for 48 hours. Had weakness in muscles and joint pain, confusion, delirium, ice cold sweats, feet and hands ice cold, burning headache back and hip pain loss of concentration, pale face loss of appetite. Horrid taste in mouth couldn't eat for 4 days and lost 5lbs in weight. Had to send for doctor after 5th day. Mentioned to Dr who came that I thought the tablets had bad effect on me, he dismissed comments saying Nitrofurantoin was a widely used medication for UTI. I stopped taking it and felt better in 24 hrs. Horrid scary experience a warning to other people prescribed this medication. Horrid Nightmare experience."

Pensioner72 (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2018

Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) for Urinary Tract Infection: "Stopped taking this a month ago, and still have pins and needles itching all over. The only thing that helps is zyrtec."

SVP (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "Was given nitrofurantoin on Wednesday and by Friday I was three times sicker than I was when I went to the clinic in the first place. Nausea, gas, diarrhea, vertigo like symptoms, vomiting. I also had a strange sweat and chills like fever, when there was no fever the day I went to the Dr. I followed dosage instructions and took with food, but this medicine is making me sicker. I decided to stop taking it and it's been @24hr since my last dose. I'm just now feeling some relief from the side effects. "

Mrs. Sneënzé N. Peē (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "Was prescribed this medication for a UTI. As a sufferer of UTI's (I get them every few months) I end up in hospital with the UTI going to my kidneys as antibiotics haven’t worked. But this time my mega bloated stomach, the pain etc had all halved after 2 of the pills which was a relief and no horrid side effects. Was prescribed 100mg capsules 2 a day for 7 days! Worked a treat for me!"

Shelz (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "Had this prescription and I will never again take it. I had sickness, I couldn’t stay awake, severe migraine, also shortness of breath and hot and cold shivers. I did stop and went back to hospital they have put on my file not to prescribe me again I don’t think they should be on the market for humans. Awful drug"

Debbie December 8, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "I had a Laparoscopy and a week later developed a urine infection. I take 100mg 4 times a day and the course is for 5 days. I’ve been on them for 3 days and I feel the worst I’ve ever felt. Its been so bad that I’ve called an ambulance due to the cramps, fever and numbness in arms and feet, the trapped wind is horrific and I’ve been peeing a lot and grinding my teeth and I’ve lost a couple of fillings. I feel my adrenalin going when I need the toilet, it’s like a falling feeling which is followed by a temperature and then my feet feel like frost bite. If you can avoid this medication do it, because I’m one panic attack away from the loony bin, I’ve never felt so out of control in my life !"

Aj (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I have never left a review or a medication before but I had such a horrible experience, I have to. The side effects were worse than the actual symptoms. Headache, dizziness, drowsiness (I could barely keep my eyes open and suddenly desperately needed naps.) I am prone to migraines and episodes of depression and this medication was causing me to really spiral. Horrible! It would have been impossible to take this for 7 days (as prescribed.) Never again."

Megg (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "This is my first bladder infection and as this med helped curtail my infection it gave me a few night sweats and it’s day 2 off the antibiotic and I’m still so bloated and feeling like I need to pee omg ! Even though my infection is gone ! The doctor says it may last several days well great and I’m going away on vacay with a stomach that is bloated !"

Anonymous December 4, 2018

For Bladder Infection: "Prescribed this for UTIs. Doctor said I had taken before. I don’t remember taking before but this time I’m chilling all the time. Slight headache and can’t sleep a night. Flu like symptoms I’m on day 3. If the same tonight I’m calling and asking for another med. This stuff is terrible. Don’t plan on taking again"

Pam (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed this for UTI, as I have already had an adverse reaction to Trimethoprim. The day after I started taking it the symptoms of the UTI had gone but I felt absolutely awful, I threw up twice and called the doctor who switched me to penicillin. The UTI symptoms came back but less than before, but I was just relieved that the effects of nitrofurantoin had worn off, I had to cancel work for the day."

Gromit (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...