User Reviews for Macrobid

Urinary Tract Infection
4.4

Summary of Macrobid reviews 4.6 471 reviews

Reviews for Macrobid

For Urinary Tract Infection "Prescribed 7 days for severe bladder infection. Made me very tired, bothered my stomach and quit it after 3 days. Had a scratchy throat on 3rd night, restless sleep. Was in bed all day on 4th day. Then started getting a cold, head cold on 5th day and at bed time, could hear crackling in my lung/chest area. Never had that before. Will never take this again. Hoping no damage done to my lungs."

Anonymous October 29, 2018

For Bladder Infection "Omg...I have been so sick since I started this medicine. I have been lying in bed for two days straight with a headache, fever, chills, sweats, throwing up, can't eat anything. I am a mother of two and I literally don't know what I'm going to do if this doesn't go away..there dad goes back to work tomorrow. Ughh prey for me! Just ask your doc for something else because this is garbage."

Lauren (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2018

For Bladder Infection "This is the most awful antibiotic I have ever used. I took it for 3 days and could not handle anymore made me dizzy, lethargic, tired, very spaced out and emotional and bad anxiety . Never again."

OVERIT (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "While this did clear up my UTI I am now on week five of intense gas, bloating, diarrhea and discomfort. It’s pretty embarrassing as an elementary teacher to be constantly burping and to have small children constantly ask, “What’s that?!?” as my stomach is making god awful sounds with me then having to bolt to the bathroom. I learned the hard way that the sounds are followed by gas which unfortunately is also accompanied by diarrhea. Nothing I have tried has worked to decrease these side effects. Like I said, it did it’s job but was it worth this? Definitely not. I’d like to be able to fart again without having to worry about if I’m going to shart instead. It’s the little things."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Attended Emergency for Statin use related UTI. Started medication same day and next morning vomited. I took the next prescribed dose and 2hrs later could not take a deep breath, had a very tight, heavy chest, and I thought I was having a heart attack. By the time for my next dose, I had a headache, muscle pain which kept moving, felt sweaty and feverish. The next dose created more of the same, with increased labored breathing. I had never felt so weak or nauseated. Sleep was intermittent and weird dreams. I did not continue, called my GP and stopped immediately. I am a 60 year old woman and this is the most horrible drug I have ever been prescribed."

BLR October 17, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "On my 3rd day of the drug. Cleared up UTI really quickly but the side effect I have suffered from is really bad dizziness. Haven't been able to do anything for a couple of days for fear of falling over. It's horrendous. Last tablet tonight so hoping this will soon be over. Never want these again "

millymouse (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2018

For Bladder Infection "OMG was given this yesterday by GP for bladder infection, NEVER in my life will l take this again. Took first one, felt like l wasn't on this planet. Felt very dizzy, tightness in my chest, felt sick, tingling arms. I had to just wait it out till it was out of my system. I nearly called an ambulance l felt so ill. Went back to GP today told him and got a drug l have used before. With so many negative comments about this drug, why is it still available? BE WARNED!"

sunny (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have taken this several times for a UTI and did not have any problems at all! Do eat when taking it!"

Indykrus (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 8, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I started taking for a UTI. The first day I started feeling tingling in my thighs. I called the dr office asked if this was normal to experience with a UTI as it was my first. She said yes that's normal. Over the next couple of days my fingers and legs started twitching. I thought I maybe had a herniated disc. On the 5th night I had twitching tingling down my legs felt as if I was going paralyzed. I drove myself to the ER. I told 3 nurses and the ER dr I have tingling my legs and they feel weak. They all asked if I was taking meds I told them yea I'm taking macrobid for UTI. He said my legs were strong and I had a pulse in them he saw nothing emergent. I went home thinking I was crazy. I took the macrobid 2 more days. The day I stopped my fingers stopped twitching. It is 3 weeks later now. I have just found this info that macrobid can cause permanent neuropathy. I'm so scared and angry with these Drs. Going to see a new md tomorrow to see what I can do??"

Very scared October 5, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Earlier today I got this for a UTI, and I have not stopped throwing up for over 12 hours. I'm fatigued, starving, sweaty, my head is pounding and I'm miserable. I would never wish this on my worst enemy. DON'T TAKE THIS"

anon (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Felt great day 1 bladder symptoms resolving. After day 2 had similar adverse reactions as others - horrendous diarrhea, cramps, sweats, nausea, short of breath, headache, clammy skin, anxiety and racing heart. I took this once before about 20 years ago and it was fine. This time it was awful. Pushed myself through 5.5 days but had to stop. I hope these side effects go away soon this is wretched. I need to get back to my life. Have not gotten out of bed for 2 days."

Patu (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

For Bladder Infection "If a doctor prescribes this antibiotic do not take it! This antibiotic was the beginning of my intestinal health issues leading to colitis. I can say this with 100% certainty! Stay away from it!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I am on my 5th day of this treatment for an acute UTI. I felt it working within the first 6 hours of taking it. It didn't get rid of my symptoms right away, but it took the worst of the symptoms away within a day. The other symptoms faded more slowly. As far as side effects, I did experience mild nausea, a bit of abdominal pain, and loss of appetite. Compared to the excruciating symptoms of the UTI I can live with these side effects. This is the 5th day of treatment, and the first day that I can say, I am symptom free."

ash (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I went to urgent care to get medication for UTI and doctor prescribed Macrobid. I took the first pill around lunch, and felt totally fine, and took the second after dinner. I woke up the next morning and had terrible nausea, fatigue, and diarrhea. I though I ate something strange the night before and continued to take my medicine twice a day. The next morning, same deal, fatigue, diarrhea, nausea, and this time, vomiting. It cleared up around the afternoon. My doctor recommends taking a probiotic a few hours before/ after taking an antiobiotic to lessen the effects of diarrhea and nausea. MAKE SURE you eat and drink plenty of water. It’s has helped, however, I switched to another antibiotic. If you have a sensitive gut like mine, I would try another antibiotic!"

Mboat (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed a 3-day dose of Macrobid to clear up a UTI. The only negative side effect I found was extreme fatigue - to the point where I was nearly falling asleep at work. It also turns your pee bright yellow/green, almost neon. I was hesitant because there were so many negative reviews, but this worked fine for me. I found that the symptoms of my UTI cleared up shortly after taking the first pill."

MBE (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

For Prevention of Bladder infection "Just wanted to input to help others if they have any same side effects I had. I got prescribed Macrobid for bladder infection. Took two doses, woke up the next day feeling awful, weird cloudy headache, couldn't think, felt so weak but still took my next dose. Then hour later I started to get very emotional and panicky and all of a sudden started to be sick around 4 times, I couldn't breath properly because I began having a panic attack that sent my pulse to 119, blood pressure was raised and lips and chest were numb, honestly swear to god I was dying. I then called 111 because I was in such a state and they called an ambulance. I was then checked over and given amoxicillin. Will never take again. No wonder it's black and yellow, thats a clear warning. Props to those that could survive it, I clearly am too much of a weakling to handle this insane, wasp looking substance."

Zard September 26, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was really worried about taking macrobid after reading reviews but so glad I did, it cleared up the UTI, I had no side effects whatsoever, I was on 100mg twice a day which I always took with food. Would definitely take again."

Decoylady (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 24, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Everything was fine until the 3rd day of my 5 day trial on Macrobid. I experienced severe nausea and was very close to vomiting. My body was aching so bad I couldn’t move. Thankfully after the 3 days, my UTI did part it’s ways. I won’t ever touch that antibiotic again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "On day 4 of this medication. First couple of days I was tired and had a headache. Could be from the meds or the UTI. Now that has gone but now have some aching down the backs of my legs. Could be the meds or the heels I wore yesterday"

Bo (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed a 7 day course of Macrobid for a mild UTI. 2nd day: all UTI symptoms gone. Neon yellow urine 3rd day: Feeling like a cold is starting. Dry mouth, congestion. Back and stomach aches, but I dismissed it to PMS and a prior back injury. Pain was so unusual (not relieved by menthol gel and a heating pad) and only somewhat relieved by ibuprofen and sleep. 4th day: diarrhea, stomach bloating/pain, back pain, darker urine. 5th day: I began getting concerned that it may be liver pain after reading the drugs side effects. My pain is exactly around my liver. It has become unbearable and all I want to do is sleep so I don’t have to deal with it. Darker urine. There’s a chance I will stop taking this medication early. I know it’s a big no-no to stop antibiotics early, but I’m getting a little desperate to feel normal again. Also concerned I may be doing some permanent damage to my liver."

Alchemist September 16, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Horrible side effects. I am going into day 4 and I feel like I might die. I'll update if I don't. I'm still having horrible UTI symptoms. This medication better work because this is miserable and if this is all for nothing..."

Karty (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed this for a UTI because I have a high sulpha allergy. I took one pill and was fine with no problems, took it with food as prescribed and went to bed about 5 hours later. Woke up in the morning with my body aching so bad I felt like I had the flu. I was really spaced out, depressed, had diarrhea. It cleared up the symptoms for the UTI very fast but I have to go to get a different prescription. I’ve had body aches all day and feeling so lethargic. I don’t recommend."

Sab (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed this for a UTI. I became sick right away but thought it was the UTI getting worse. By 3rd day I had such severe body aches, chills, chest pain (I could barely breathe), and an extremely high fever. I went to urgent care and could barely walk. They checked my temp. Which was slightly over 103 and told me they were going to call an ambulance for me if I didn’t race to the hospital right away. My husband drove me there as fast as he could and I thought I was dying. Not only was I in extreme pain but my anxiety was through the roof. Got to the ER with 104 temp. and they did every test on me (including a CAT scan) and found nothing wrong and told me to keep taking it. Went home and took 1 more dose and that was it. I was so sick I didn’t take anymore. I thought I was going to die. 12 hours after my first skipped dose, I finally get like I wasn’t going to die—like I might actually live. Never took another pill and got better fairly quickly."

Kgally September 10, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "After my first dose of macrobid I experienced some of the worst pain I have ever felt. A horrible headache, my entire body hurt, fever/chills, and a lot of nausea. I couldn't function the remainder of the day. Was falling asleep during work and while driving home. Decided maybe I would only take it right before bed. Woke up in the middle of the night sweating and achy. I'm on my third dose and I'm honestly not sure that it is helping my UTI. If I make it through the prescribed amount. I will most certainly never take it again."

JE27 (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I experience recurrent UTI's. I have been prescribed a combination of antibiotics over the years including macrobid, cipro, Bactrim, etc. The doctor rotates them. Never had severe reactions to any of them, aside from waves of nausea here and there and headaches. Was just prescribed macrobid this last time and had the worst reaction ever. Thought I was crazy until I read the other reviews. ANXIETY, heart racing, nausea, diarrhea. I stopped taking it immediately. I have never felt this way before. They changed me to cipro but I have so much anxiety from that last script I’m terrified to start the next. Anyways my point is we can take an antiobiotic for years and be fine, and then our bodies can change and have a reaction. Don’t immediately assume you will have a bad reaction but be very aware of how you are feeling and stop if you experience any severe symptoms."

Rachelle (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 5, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...