User Reviews for Macrobid

Urinary Tract Infection
4.5

Summary of Macrobid reviews 4.7 435 reviews

Reviews for Macrobid

For Bladder Infection "I took one tablet and became severely ill. Body aches like the worst flu ever. Nausea and vomiting. Had to go back to the doctor"

TW (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I’ve reviewed a drug before but this one deserves it. I took macrobid for a UTI 100mg x2 for 10 days. While it helped my UTI I have been left with anxiety and digestive problems 2 weeks after finishing this treatment. This drug has ruined my month and I’m hoping my stomach will bounce bad"

H (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Been taking macrobid 3 days. Symptoms come and go. I have extreme anxiety and a fast heart rate for a couple of hours after taking a dose. Hardly able to sleep. Tired all day from lack of sleep. Stomach bloat. Dizzy a lot. I will take my dose this morning . I am going to the heart doc today for test results of a cardio work up I had done last week ...I will be asking him if it is ok to start cipro. I guess some people do ok on this med...but it has to many hard side effects for me."

vickie (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I get recurring UTI’s about every 3 months & I have taken every antibiotic that you can name. Macrobid did make me feel so bad with body aches, chills, headache, heart palpitations, diarrhea & very nausea. I am trying to hang in to the end of the meds but I don’t think I will take Macrobid again. But feel pretty sure it has not got rid of my UTI..."

Yogi (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2018

For Bladder Infection "I've just woken up from taking my first macrobid. I took it yesterday at 3 in afternoon and now it's 4.20 in the morning . Felt just ill. Though I was feeling rough before from a suspected infection, now I'm not sure if it's the meds still making me feel rough or the infection ! I think I'll follow what I've read here and try one more and see how I feel.been asleep for over 13 hrs!!!"

Rose (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Terrible! I finished the 5 day course and my UTI is gone BUT I have chest pain, shortness of breath, and body aches all over. Not worth the side effects!!! This is the first time I’ve ever had a reaction to a medication. Back to amoxicillin I go! And the med check doctor I just saw told me that negative side affects are extremely rare. Thanks for all the reviews so I didn’t think I was crazy!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Stay away! How this drug is still manufactured I do not know. I took this and thought I was getting more sick or having liver failure! Skin sensitivity- nausea- extreme fatigue- heart palpitations. I immediately stopped taking it. Antibiotics should for the most part make you feel better not like your on Chemotherapy."

Mcrobdh8r (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Read the reviews and was so scared to even take it!!!!!! But I took the medication and not a single side effect! Great medication .... I’m 5’5 and 135lbs .. very prone to headaches... nothing happened. Don’t let the bad reviews scare you !"

GirlL7 (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "UTI's are the worst. I've had em all my life. Seems like twice a year they come with a vengeance. Everyone reacts differently so take your docs advice before me or anyone else. Macrobid sure doesn't make me feel good but heck I would take those symptoms over peeing fire every five mins any day. I get shaky but it does help to take with food. Also a tablespoon of baking soda in water is always helpful. D-mannose does work to prevent but once it's there you can't swallow enough capsules to rid it (least me). I've taken all kinds of antibiotics and macrobid seems to work the fastest. It does knock you out for a lil while tho. I guess I'd rather feel a little off then crying in the bathroom wondering why women have to endure such nasty infections (men too). There's nothing worse than wishing for a new urthra. Take the macrobid. Your doc has said it'll help. If it really makes you ill, ask your doc for a new one."

Jljljljl (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2018

For Bladder Infection "I'm so glad I read through these comments. I started my Rx for macrobid yesterday. Day one was fine and I can say my UTI symptoms have improved, but this afternoon I started feeling miserable with fever shakes and chills. I was thinking that I must have caught a virus on top of having a UTI. I don't think that anymore. I'm going to take one more dose, which will mean I was on it for 24 hrs, and then I'm stopping it. I am willing to take a chance. If the UTI returns I will take another trip to the doctor to see if he can give me something else."

Annonomys July 27, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection " I am the exception of people reviewing macrobid . Lucky me! I took this for my UTI and has been the most effective one to deal with an extremely persistent one and also in my case, with the exception of drowsiness and intense need to sleep, was asymptomatic."

Utibye (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "If you have a job, kids or any sort of life don’t take macrobid. Wipes you out completely with sickness, extreme fatigue and flu like symptoms!! I lasted three days and just couldn’t take any more!"

LisJ (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed this medicine for possible UTI. Didn't work because I believe I have cystitis but this was precautionary. Almost didn't take it because of the reviews! The only bad side effect I had was stinky gas and maybe a little tired. I don't understand how this drug has so many bad reviews. (maybe people who have bad experiences are more likely to review something and the ones who have good experiences just move on with their lives) Drink it with a glass of water and food. I was fine."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I have taken this medication twice. I rated it a 5 because, despite the severe reaction I had to it, it DID take care of the UTI. That said... First time I took it I felt like I had the flu for the first day or so. This wore off so I continued taking it, and after the course was finished my UTI was gone. I recently was prescribed it a second time for a UTI; however, my reaction to it was much more severe after my first day. I had: -Severe body aches -Nausea -Chills/fever (as high as 102) -Shortness of breath -Headache My skin also became very sensitive and it hurt just to have fabric touch it. I had to take a day off of work and lay in bed because I was so ill. I was informed to stop taking it and have been switched over to Cipro. I can't recommend it due to the side effects I endured, but I suppose if you don't suffer from the side effects it is an effective drug for a UTI."

Waters (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2018

For Bladder Infection "Macrobid was by far my worst experience with a medicine. It was prescribed for my UTI. But after taking 2 pills only I started feeling worse than before. My UTI symptoms were improving (which was great), but I felt sick. Extremely nauseated (I couldn't even drink water); had diarrhea episodes, it also lowered my blood pressure so I felt weak and tired. I'll never take this thing again. I felt like I had been poisoned."

Lisa (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "On Macrobid I had nausea, so tired and headache. I made it 6 days. Don’t ask how. I hardly have the energy to walk, no appetite and everything hurts. I’m not finishing it and hoping for the best."

Mac cheese (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018

For Bladder Infection "I wouldn't normally feel compelled to write a review on a drug, but my experience with Macrobid was so horrible that I would like to discourage other people from taking it if they have another option. I was given seven days of Macrobid to try to clear up a bladder infection. I felt incredibly nauseous at first, and thought it was in relation to the bladder infection. By day two or three I threw up, again I thought I wasn't doing something right (maybe I hadn't been drinking enough water). So then I started taking the medication with more fluids. My bladder infection seemed to go away, but I was experiencing so many other symptoms (nausea, my body felt incredibly fatigued, migraine-like headaches) that felt worse than the bladder infection itself. I thought something was wrong, and after reading other reviews, I realized what the problem was. After 6.5 days of being on the medication, my bladder infection has returned. Macrobid was a complete waste of time, energy and physical health."

Frustrated July 12, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Was prescribed Macrobid 7 day course for a UTI. Was fine at first, but by day 5 started to experience nausea and gas. Continued meds, but after day 6, I was so sick I had to stop. Weakness, joint pain, uncontrollable shivering and fever. Shortness of breath. Thought was the flu. Didn't take med for a day, started feeling better. Resumed med and again sooo sick! Have taken many different antibiotics and NEVER had any reactions. Won't take this again!"

JL (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "The day after starting this medication I woke up with the worst nausea. It felt just like horrible morning sickness (which I've suffered with both kids). It was so bad that I even took multiple pregnancy test. The funny thing is that the side effects on the bottle only say "may have discolored urine". Nothing about the drowsiness or taking with food. I'm on day 5 and don't know how I will make it the next 5 days. I'm sick all day with nausea and cramping. I've never experienced anything like this on antibiotics. Crazy town."

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Thankful that it cleared up my UTi right away and thankful it’s over with. Will not miss constantly waking up early with my heart beating extremely fast, diarrhea, and nausea."

Ash (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I had an extremely painful UTI and was prescribed macrobid. Took it with food on the first day and was fine, then woke up at 5am on day 2 (today) vomiting bile. Repeated at least 5 times in a couple of hours. I am making sure to keep my stomach full at all times today as when I am not constantly eating something the nausea comes back. I am also very tired. I can at least say that my UTI symptoms are clearing up but I am not looking forward to taking this drug for a whole week."

Nauseousgirl (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Went to dr for an annual checkup and apparently had a mild UTI. I’ve finished 4 days of Macrobid but am unsure whether I can toughen out Day 5. I’ve had headaches, muscle pain, nausea, severe diarrhea, severe stomach pain, and insomnia. Not to mention I started an antidepressant on day 1 of this and I’m PMSing, which also worsens these symptoms. I was stuck in a car for 6 hours today and 4 hours tomorrow... this Med is not compatible with driving"

Liz (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "I’ve been taking nitrofurantoin for a UTI for 3 days. Very quickly I felt tired, achy and either hot or cold. I’m now confined to bed and I need to work next week. I don’t even know if I can bear to continue."

Libra (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2018

For Urinary Tract Infection "Red dots everywhere on my body for over 2 months now! Macrobid sent me to the ER! My throat was swelling and closing shut! My lips were swollen. These red dots look like I have chicken pox and have ruined my summer! My DR said the dots may last for four months or more."

Momoffour (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2018

For Bladder Infection "This has been the worst experience I've had with medication. Nausea, vomiting and headaches, and I'm only 2 days in. I never want to take this again. Honestly I would rather pay more for something that has less side affects."

Steph (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2018